Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#45248 - 12/19/10 02:55 PM Yay! More lists! [Re: mabon2010]
Dutch Satanist Offline
pledge

Loc: Delft, The Netherlands
I don't want to appear rude, but those seem like the 48 "laws" to become a insidious backstabbing asshole. There are more of those lists/rules/laws/etc. out there. For example; The 21 Satanic points by the ONA (which I think actually has more common sense and more practicality in there than this list of 48 "laws").

I myself am quite skeptic to lists of "rules", "laws" and "sins". They're just lists of things. What value they have is up to the person reading them. When it comes to how I conduct myself, I follow my intuition more than I will follow a list of rules. That my conduct usually seems to be in line with the 11 rules of the earth is coincidental. Not surprising, since that list is quite generic.

To people that are big aficionados of lists like these, I would like to ask this: Are you really convinced that lists like these are useful and/or definitive? If yes, please explain and elaborate.

#45250 - 12/19/10 03:25 PM Re: Service to others in Satanism [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Well, I think we can finally distill this thread into some practical advice. [The final one is especially commended.]

#45263 - 12/19/10 04:55 PM Re: Service to others in Satanism [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
@ Dutch Satanist
The Book the 48 "laws" of are worth a read. These are not so much laws as strategies. The book goes into detail with case studies of how people in power used them in positions of power.

Lists, I agree are worthless, but strategies like the 48 "laws" or those of Sun Tzu, is the difference between the loser and the winner.

Life is a chess game, and through the study of the strategies or rules that people play in the power game, the players like Putin rise to the top, and his enemies end up dead or in prison.

The 48 "laws" play on the idea of the a Royal Court, with the aristocrats playing their power games. This is no different from say the corporate world.

Personally I have used some of the strategies with success, for instance wiping out the leaders of a certain real life organisation all their followers scattered.

Law 42: Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter

@ Michael A. Aquino
Loved the link :-)

#45464 - 12/22/10 07:00 PM Re: Service to others in Satanism [Re: mabon2010]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Service equals Life.

Life is considered finished only when the Truth is (intuitively) grasped. When this Truth is demonstrated in every phase of life (trials or games with others, duties such as work and family, and complications such as a significant other is stricken with disease), a great metempirical-substance is awakened in the way rain falls on the unjust as well as the just. This is the greatest accomplishment anyone can achieve on Earth, but not every one of us can be capable of this; nevertheless, there is no harm in our doing the utmost to approach the ideal of Absolute Truth. (If you do not grasp It in this life, perhaps you will grasp It in the next or subsequent ones for kalpas. That sentence requires further explanation, that which I'm not about to give for the purposes of this thread.)

When something of this ideal is firmly grasped,a person is said to begin real life with fellow-beings as a member of a great community known as the world. I have a scene for you: When a person applies for admittance into a community, that applying individual is regarded as a persona non grata with harsh treatment afforded to him or her. When that person has successfully buffeted the waves, ridden the storm to the harbor of safety, and that individual sees and knows their innermost Self; then, he or she will perform in whatever form deeming most expedient. (They understand through discernment.) Such ones are to be enthusiastically greeted by the outside world pending all those who were barriers for the person to overcome.

Don't be a brick in the wall.

Ciao...666

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.