Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#45023 - 12/16/10 02:20 PM Re: Energy [Re: Aklo]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
 Originally Posted By: Aklo

Energy is a measurement of the capacity to do work; in other words it isn't a thing at all, it doesn't flow from anywhere to anywhere, all these conceptions are convenient tricks of language useful as shorthand but false-to-fact. This is such a simple and well-known fact of freshman physics, that I shouldn't really need to quote anyone, but I am more than happy to.

Originally Posted By: Richard Feynman
here is a fact, or if you wish, a law, governing all natural phenomena that are known to date. There is no known exception to this law—it is exact so far as we know. The law is called the conservation of energy. It states that there is a certain quantity, which we call energy, that does not change in manifold changes which nature undergoes. That is a most abstract idea, because it is a mathematical principle; it says that there is a numerical quantity which does not change when something happens. It is not a description of a mechanism, or anything concrete; it is just a strange fact that we can calculate some number and when we finish watching nature go through her tricks and calculate the number again, it is the same.

Forgive me, but I picked the most relevant of your replies to address, the rest will have to sit in the graveyard I consigned them to . . .

This only proves my exact point. Science knows that energy is real . . . knows what it does, and yet has no F'n clue as to what it is. And so I rejoin with my same challenge, give me a better definition. Dismissing a real "quantity" that is perfectly conserved by saying that it is "nothing," or a "trick of language" only begs deeper questions, and may in fact make you more of a mystic than I.

JK

#45035 - 12/16/10 04:19 PM Re: Jason King hands Aklo's ass to him [Re: Jason King]
Aklo Offline

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
I'm not sure if you guys met before but the way you construct your posts, it seems he once took your lunch-money.

No, what he did was, he wrote a work he asserts is a good contemporary replacement for / somehow superior to / better for new interested laymen than, the work of Anton Szandor LaVey. This is super-funny!

Read this thing, it's as dense as neutronium. Imagine TDI plodding through it! But read it. I will like it, cause you will see. He will like it, 'cause someone will have read his thing. It's a win/win!

#45064 - 12/17/10 01:01 PM Re: Jason King hands Aklo's ass to him [Re: Aklo]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
Taking from Jason King.. only the 1st percentile will understand. I didn't see anything humorous about Postmodern but then again, I've been told, no one pays attention to anything..

#45069 - 12/17/10 02:41 PM J and OK, now all we need is E [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Aklo Offline

Quote:
I didn't see anything humorous about Postmodern but then again, I've been told, no one pays attention to anything..

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Seriously though, it's all in the context. Just imagine the Original Poster reading King:

Originally Posted By: thedeadidea
So, I read this cool book the other day . It was called " the Satanic Bible " by Alister Crowley ...... What do you guys think of it? I thought it was not really a bible after all!! Hail Satan! \m/

Assuming he were real, of course. Wouldn't that be hilarious?

Not to you, though. You would want to "service" him, have a nice "go around" to see if you could improve his "lack of follow". All of which would greatly amuse whichever mage has his hand up tdi's ass. I thought it was Jason at first, but now that I'm more familar with his work, I see that he doesn't have the sense of humor.

So yeah, how are you supposed to get it? You are it.

. . .

Lots of higher mammals smile when they feel safe, and scream when they are afraid. But only us advanced primates have the distancing capacity to see that something is terrible, and know that it isn't our problem. Which is to say, we laugh!

#45096 - 12/18/10 12:17 AM Re: Hurry someone find the E! [Re: Aklo]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Quote:
I didn't see anything humorous about Postmodern but then again, I've been told, no one pays attention to anything..

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Wow, whine? Did you dig that line up with the rest of your dead one liners? Haha. So sorry if your sense of humor is a bit over my head. Sorry that you don't understand tone through text. Ah well, don't worry dear soldier of defense, you'll get it soon enough.

Assuming he were real, of course. Wouldn't that be hilarious?

Not to you, though. You would want to "service" him, have a nice "go around" to see if you could improve his "lack of follow". All of which would greatly amuse whichever mage has his hand up tdi's ass. I thought it was Jason at first, but now that I'm more familar with his work, I see that he doesn't have the sense of humor.

I assure you, TheDeadIdea, is certainly a real person. Someone I have conversed with on several occasions. Also, more intelligent than anything I have really seen come from you. If it's not one copy and paste warrior, it's another who fails to see the difference between real ignorance and those who are just fucking around with someone to see who has the thinnest skin. AKA Someone who knows how to take a J..OK...E. \:\)

But only us advanced primates..

LOLs. You DO have a sense of humor!

I do grow bored of your following my posts and responses around. Can you find another hobby? Translation: Don't like what I have to say, you really don't have a reason to read it. Obviously, you have followed my posts enough to negate any real reason to reply to anything that I have to say. (IE gibberish) So in the nicest way possible, fuck off and have a nice day. \:\)

#45098 - 12/18/10 01:03 AM Re: Hurry someone find the E! [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"I assure you, TheDeadIdea, is certainly a real person. Someone I have conversed with on several occasions. Also, more intelligent than anything..."

If that is true, then that is so fucking sad that you consider someone "we" banned for stupidity as being intelligent. It shows a lot about how you view people and things.

"I do grow bored of your following my posts and responses around. Can you find another hobby? Translation: Don't like what I have to say, you really don't have a reason to read it..."

Its a public forum. If you don't like how someone response to your posts too bad. Get a thicker skin or don't post. People read the forums in order to correct newbies who post with no clue or to exchange information.

Get it yet?

Morgan

#45100 - 12/18/10 01:20 AM Re: Hurry someone find the E! [Re: Morgan]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Originally Posted By: Morgan
"I assure you, TheDeadIdea, is certainly a real person. Someone I have conversed with on several occasions. Also, more intelligent than anything..."

If that is true, then that is so fucking sad that you consider someone "we" banned for stupidity as being intelligent. It shows a lot about how you view people and things.

You banned him on stupidity. Sure, I can see that. He was being a troll and trolls get banned. No misunderstanding in that. However, TDI is not ignorant in any kind of way. He came across you guys that way because of how he posted. Not that you have any real interest in getting to know him as a real person (or vice versa) but if you communicated with him in other venues, you would know what I am talking about.

You really shouldn't assume how I view people and things but hell, like you said, it IS a public forum and everyone's got an opinion just waiting to be heard.

Originally Posted By: Morgan
"I do grow bored of your following my posts and responses around. Can you find another hobby? Translation: Don't like what I have to say, you really don't have a reason to read it..."

Its a public forum. If you don't like how someone response to your posts too bad. Get a thicker skin or don't post. People read the forums in order to correct newbies who post with no clue or to exchange information.

Whether I am thick skinned or not, is another thing that really shouldn't concern you but thanks for that thought. It's not that I dislike what he has to say, it's mostly that what he has to say is either irrelevant to a thread or comes out as mostly gibberish. Ya know what I mean? \:\)

I like the idea of forums to exchange ideas. What I don't like, is people that patrol through someone's threads and responses ON PURPOSE to bitch and moan about MY posts. That's not a poster, that's a troll. Doesn't mean anything about my skin. Also, on the note of newbies, who is anyone to "correct" anyone about anything; especially opinion?

#45102 - 12/18/10 01:33 AM Re: Hurry someone find the E! [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

"I like the idea of forums to exchange ideas. What I don't like, is people that patrol through someone's threads and responses ON PURPOSE to bitch and moan about MY posts. That's not a poster, that's a troll. Doesn't mean anything about my skin. Also, on the note of newbies, who is anyone to "correct" anyone about anything; especially opinion?"

The forum has been around for more than 10 years in different forms. Several members have been Satanists since the 1960's. I've been involved in this for over 30 years. As familiars, moderators, or administrators we "correct" newbies because we don't want idiots running all over the forums posting self righteous stupid bullshit.

Yes, opinions are like assholes everyone has one, but "we" don't tolerate idiots opinions. Don't think its all about you, everything gets read, everything gets looked over by the sharks.

On this forum your words represent who you are.

Your friend from the other forum you belong to is an idiot and represented himself as one.
Thus, he was treated as one.
No one has any desire to deal with idiots.
Your comments on him just confirmed my view.

Get it yet?

Morgan

#45106 - 12/18/10 01:59 AM Re: Hurry someone find the E! [Re: Morgan]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

You may correct someone's wrong insights on things you know but can you really correct someone's opinion if it doesn't align with your own?

#45107 - 12/18/10 02:10 AM Re: Hurry someone find the E! [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

http://www.the600club.com/board20-1.html

Welcome to the board, we have a Hall of Shame.
There are 3 pages full of people who were full of nonsense.
This is a Satanic forum, there is no need to put up with idiots.

You can change someones' opinion through debate, conversations, and making them aware of knowledge that they may not have had access to previously.

On that same note, you can't teach the willingly stupid. They just don't want to learn or see anything different that may lie outside of their pretty small box that they live in. They don't want to understand or realize that they drank the kool-aid, and follow a lie.

Morgan

#45108 - 12/18/10 02:19 AM Re: Hurry someone find the E! [Re: Morgan]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

I have been through the Hall of Shame and read through a bunch of different posts. Unfortunately, what is posted about each user that has been deleted is only the opinion of the person posting about that user. There is nothing left of the user (which I am only assuming is a good thing in most cases) for others to take a look at and see what exactly was going on with that user.

Some people do not change their opinions because they truly believe and stand up for their opinions. Not everyone has the right one for everyone else but some know what is right for them and base their opinions accordingly. You can change an opinion through useful discussion but you will only get so far with belittlement and uneducated guesses about a person. Sure, what you write is what you may be in certain people's eyes but until you really know, your guess is as best as it gets.

Every ounce of want to make someone see the light is only beneficial so far until there is mudslinging. Once that has started, then people's defenses flare up and nothing is said other than "you push me, I'll push you harder".

#45110 - 12/18/10 02:40 AM Re: Hurry someone find the E! [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

The posts that they wrote are still here in some cases, you just have to look for them.

Oh, btw, not everyone who is banned is listed, some don't even warrant that much attention.

Anyone who was banned has earned it.
"We" don't just ban people without reason.

What you write is who you are here.
Write like an idiot, you are an idiot. Everyone gets treated the same. There is no special treatment because you are a girl or a mod on another site or because you were good friends with LaVey. Everyone gets questioned, challenged, debated.

NO ONE IS GIVEN A FREE RIDE.

After more than 10 years, you see a pattern in newbies. They act the same way, say the same things, and think they are different, but they are not. No one is going to waste time getting to know someone who's post simply suck or come across as an idiot. On that same note, several members here know each other in real life. How did that happen, because they didn't come across as idiots, and conversations and common things turn into a friendship type relationship.

Sure people can come here with strong opinions that we are all going to hell and that we worship the devil and sacrifice babies every full moon. That they are going to save us, that their way is the right way. We may not be able to expand their mind, or make them question their own views on things, but after enough bullshit from them, they end up banned. Just because someone has a strong opinion doesn't mean that its the right place to stand on a soap box here and preach it.

LOL, I hope you don't honestly believe this is mudslinging. This is polite conversation compared to how I can and have commented to people.

Morgan

#45111 - 12/18/10 02:54 AM Re: Hurry someone find the E! [Re: Morgan]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

I do not consider what you are saying to me as mudslinging. I have read much worse coming from you. That's not coming as an insult from, btw.

I do not assume that because there is not much left of deleted users that you ban without reason. I understand the processes of banning or suspending members.

Also, I did not ask for special treatment. I merely stated to the person to "kindly" fuck off. Which, I think, is a bit more than they deserved. I do not see myself on a soapbox but that doesn't mean that others do not see that I am trying to put myself in that position either.

My admin status, which was only mentioned one time in reference to a thread response, is irrelevant to this site period. Where I came from, doesn't mean much either. I do not think that my status at another site, places me anywhere at 600. I never have.

I have been making my own way through my muddled thoughts and getting my perspectives in order. Again, I like criticism that I can use and take from, not criticism that only qualifies as something that was meant to offend me and nothing else.

Everyone has their rough moments. This past month has been mine. I take from that what I can and use it to what extent I need to. Sometimes newbies do have something to contribute to things even when they come out muddled. It takes time to process through information as it comes to you. Sometimes, it takes longer with others. I can easily catch on to some things and yet grasp for others that may not come to me until much, much later. This is one of my faults and something I have accepted about myself and being human.

I will do some seeking with these hiding posts.

#45119 - 12/18/10 10:19 AM Re: Hurry someone find the E! [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: OrgasmicKarmatic
Sometimes newbies do have something to contribute to things even when they come out muddled. It takes time to process through information as it comes to you. Sometimes, it takes longer with others. I can easily catch on to some things and yet grasp for others that may not come to me until much, much later. This is one of my faults and something I have accepted about myself and being human.

Please feel free to take anything I say with a grain of salt.

I think new people sometimes confuse the tenor of this board with that of others they visit. There are some sections of the board dedicated to levity, but mostly represented here are people who are very serious about their studies in Satanism and how it applies to each individual and to the universe at large. Most of the people who stick here are people who have been at this for a long time and who have devoted a LOT of time and personal effort (seeking, self reflection, application, etc) in developing their own individuality within/without the context of Satanic thought.

As such, this is not the friendliest of places for people new on the path and certainly not for those who think they have answers for everyone else. Demonstrably, this is not a breeding ground for 'new' Satanists but a lounge of sorts for those who have done their own homework. Certainly, I don't mean to say that people here have all the answers. Quite the opposite. Speaking for myself I can say that I'm always actively, aggressively seeking answers and applying what I've learned to every day life. I see this reflected in most of the regulars here which gives this place and the people here much more credibility (to me) than places peopled by those who only wish to adopt the symbols and talk the talk.

I think new people get frustrated here because, as Morgan pointed out, most of the population at the 600 aren't new, and most of the thoughts that new people post have been hashed and rehashed in these halls a zillion times over. Few take time to search and research and are sometimes rewarded for their lack of effort with the rough side of someone's tongue. That's life.

I've seen you take a few beatings and it appears to be mostly because you've forgotten your audience here as compared to elsewhere. If you pay attention, you'll realize that your postings have resulted in valuable responses, despite the occasional claw marks. If it means anything to you, I'd offer you encouragement to soldier on. You show a willingness and desire to learn and you usually don't run away screaming when someone disagrees with your points. That kind of tenaciousness in the face of adversity will take you far. That's probably as gentle handed as I get :0)

#45122 - 12/18/10 10:39 AM Re: Silly thread retitles are a pointless exercise [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
 Originally Posted By: "Aklo"
No, what he did was, he wrote a work he asserts is a good contemporary replacement for / somehow superior to / better for new interested laymen than, the work of Anton Szandor LaVey. This is super-funny!

For a Satanist living in the 21st century, yes - I continue to hold that Postmodern Satanism delivers a better concept of Satanism than TSB. You are welcome to dispute this, but so far you haven't been doing that well.

Originally Posted By: "Aklo"

Besides being extremely tasteless, this comment calls one to challenge. I don't generally bask in any degree of "followship," however, I will say, in light of the above, that more people give a shit about me vis a vis Satanism than you. How's them apples, Altoid? And if you doubt me, we can arrange a public exchange between our respective "champions". Old school. You pick your best and brightest student/follower/whatever, and I'll do the same. But we'll need to make sure this won't be a sockfest, so I suggest we go with either face-video or audio exchange. And if you're going to reply to this challenge with excuses, don't F'n bother, dude.

Originally Posted By: "Morgan"

He is a real person, and quite intelligent. It just so happens he is prone to trolling when bored. And I loved the appeal to authority in your response. It shows a lot about how you view . . . er, um, nevermind.

JK

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.