Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#45124 - 12/18/10 11:19 AM Re: Postmodern Hand-Jive, part deux [Re: Jason King]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Jason King
And to the fucktard who said this was in any way related to MCoS (I'm guessing the clueless Altoid), you can cross check pub-dates with reg-dates if you're not too busy with that donkey's cock in your mouth.

JK

Wow. I'm so pleased to see you bring such an adult level of communication to the The 600 Club. It's sure to engender a whole lot of confidence in your work.

#45126 - 12/18/10 11:42 AM Postmodern Satanism [Re: Jason King]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Wow. Such an intellectual forum we have here. Couldn't even get past the title. "It brings up bad memories of my childhood," and such. "Oh noes, dee big phont hurtes me I's". Never even considered some of that was the damned point to begin with.

Well, to be fair, you only have one person's take on your work from here. Don't be too quick to assume that we all feel the same way about it.

Personally, I'm working my through it and have taken cues from it to look into some things. I'll offer an honest response to it when I'm done with it and have thought about it for a bit.

Otherwise, Jake makes a valid point in my opinion.

#45127 - 12/18/10 11:56 AM Re: Postmodern Satanism [Re: Fnord]
Opacus Offline
stranger

Loc: Hell
I read through the .pdf.

Unless I'm reading a technical manual (which I often have to do for work) I don't like things to be what I consider "overly intellectual".

It usually means that the author doesn't really have as much to say as he/she thinks he/she does.

Personally I thought it was overly intellectual occult word-salad.

But that's just me.

O.

Edited by Opacus (12/18/10 11:57 AM)
Edit Reason: Spelling

#45129 - 12/18/10 11:59 AM Re: Postmodern Hand-Jive, part deux [Re: Jake999]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
 Originally Posted By: Jake999
And to the fucktard who said this was in any way related to MCoS (I'm guessing the clueless Altoid), you can cross check pub-dates with reg-dates if you're not too busy with that donkey's cock in your mouth.

JK

Wow. I'm so pleased to see you bring such an adult level of communication to the The 600 Club. It's sure to engender a whole lot of confidence in your work.

I give as I take. If I were being really juvenile, I might point to the two "the"'s and start calling you names. But I'm not, so I won't.

JK

p.s. if you're really scratching your head on the severity of my response, read Altoid's rejoinders to OK, and we'll see who's on point here.

#45130 - 12/18/10 12:02 PM Re: Postmodern Satanism [Re: Opacus]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I'm reading it and admit I occasionally have to check a word. Maybe it is because English isn't my native tongue or maybe I'm just too ignorant at a certain level. Still, I don't dislike the fact that a certain text might require something from me. After all, improving is a part of the game.

Satanism should not fall for "No child left behind" crap.

D.

#45134 - 12/18/10 12:54 PM Re: Postmodern Hand-Jive, part deux [Re: Jason King]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Aklo is relatively new here and as Fnord pointed out, one person's take on your work is only that of one person, and is not indicative of how the entire site feels about it. Passing judgement on an entire forum because of one member? Really? The same goes for an individual's actions. I have not had the chance to read Postmodern, so I cannot comment on its content or how it's presented.

General response to all:
This site is not the place for ax-grinding against one another, at least in the public sphere. Nor is airing grievances from other sites or from long-standing grudges. Attacking a piece of work is not congruent to attacking the author. A person's standing on other forums is irrelevant to how they are treated on The 600 Club. I don't give a damn if someone is a Libertine III from MCoS, or a moderator on SIN. When you join, you start on the same playing field as the idiots who only want to know how to practice Black Masses and how to raise the dead. One's reputation might give them a leg up (or not), but in the end you still need to build yourself up from the ground. Just ask Dr. Aquino--he certainly has not been spared from criticism of his beliefs and publications.

Should it be any other way?

#45137 - 12/18/10 01:31 PM Enough with the childish topic renames. [Re: Jason King]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I would like to echo Nems statement that Aklo speaks for nobody but Aklo, and go further by stating it seems this particular user has something to prove here. The only ones that speak for 'us' are wearing blue, and even we do not nearly agree on everything.

Some have said they find your work overly wordy, and I honestly agree but that does not diminish from the content. (although admittedly I have only made it through the first 30 pages or so) Some of us are quite pleased to see you here, and I for one hope you do not get drawn into childish bickering with those that seem to make it their forte.

This is the real deal, JK. This is not your usual forum full of retards and pretenders.Some of those that flourish on other Satanic venues are quickly torn to shreds in this place. I look forward to seeing how you fare among equals.

#45141 - 12/18/10 02:03 PM Re: Enough with the childish topic renames. [Re: Dan_Dread]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
I think, in my opinion, that Jason set the book up in that way on purpose. If you really don't know what is going on, ask, ya know? It's not that big of a deal. I keep a copy on my computer of Postmodern Satanism because I enjoy re-reading it and seeing the changes in my views were then (when I first read it) to now (after I've read it a couple times).

I have also been told I can be quite wordy. Perhaps not in the same ways that King is being told he is being wordy but there are reasons for being wordy. Of course, it is a double edged sword at times when someone says "eff it, I just can't get through it all". But I also find some of the books cited in his book to be things that I would love, at some point, dig into.

Originally Posted By: Nemesis
General response to all:
This site is not the place for ax-grinding against one another, at least in the public sphere. Nor is airing grievances from other sites or from long-standing grudges. Attacking a piece of work is not congruent to attacking the author. A person's standing on other forums is irrelevant to how they are treated on The 600 Club. I don't give a damn if someone is a Libertine III from MCoS, or a moderator on SIN. When you join, you start on the same playing field as the idiots who only want to know how to practice Black Masses and how to raise the dead. One's reputation might give them a leg up (or not), but in the end you still need to build yourself up from the ground. Just ask Dr. Aquino--he certainly has not been spared from criticism of his beliefs and publications.

Should it be any other way?

I certainly agree. We withhold the same standards at SIN and while I can not entirely speak for MCoS, EVERYONE is lain out in such a fashion. Perhaps not as brassily, but there are times I have seen a member lose his lunch money or two. Myself included. Something, as I have said before, I respect about this site is the different inputs on things posted here.

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
This is the real deal, JK. This is not your usual forum full of retards and pretenders.Some of those that flourish on other Satanic venues are quickly torn to shreds in this place. I look forward to seeing how you fare among equals.

Are you suggesting that The 600 Club is the only place that has highly thought provoking Satanists? I've already heard the story of you being around Satanic forums for years.. but didn't you ALSO have a rough beginning? Going from blue to white to blue. Can't say that you haven't. Obviously somewhere down the line someone thought that you may have been the retard floating around in their forums. It's something I know that you don't care about but at the same time, trashing the members of other forums by calling them retards (even though on the other two forums that I have seen you on, you've said they retain quite a bit of useful members). Just curious on your spin of the matter?

Edited by OrgasmicKarmatic (12/18/10 02:19 PM)

#45148 - 12/18/10 03:05 PM Re: Enough with the childish topic renames. [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Blah, blah, blah, you take one step forward and two steps back.

Yes, this is the best place of satanic thought.
If you didn't feel the same way, your ass would stay at the forum you moderate at. You come here because you can't get the same things any place else on the web.

After what Nem said, you still want to go crawling into Dan's personal business about his standings. You have no knowledge about the situation or what happened to the person who deblued him. You should shut up about this shit now, you are way outta line.

Morgan

#45149 - 12/18/10 03:11 PM Re: Enough with the childish topic renames. [Re: Morgan]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

No no no. Dan has spoken with me personally about this said demotion. I am not trying to get up in his business. It is something that was exchanged between the two of us and not meant to bring up BS from the past. I was curious of why he would call these forums that he is also a part of full of retards here and say something quite the opposite at the same forums.

And also, you are right. The place that I admin at is a completely different type of place. It is a networking site, NOT a Satanic forum. Therefore, in the way of Satanic forums, this IS the best place to be.

Make no mistake, I was not trying to crawl up Dan's ass about what happened previously. I will reiterate, that the topic was something that I have conversed with Dan about personally.

#45150 - 12/18/10 03:13 PM Re: Enough with the childish topic renames. [Re: Morgan]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Originally Posted By: OrgasmicKarmatic

Are you suggesting that The 600 Club is the only place that has highly thought provoking Satanists?

I think the quality of the content here vs anywhere else speaks for itself.
 Quote:

Obviously somewhere down the line someone thought that you may have been the retard floating around in their forums.

I would say that that was never the case. My ideas and opinions certainly lead to many heated discussions, but I earned my place here precisely because I am a cut above the rabble.

#45151 - 12/18/10 03:17 PM Re: Enough with the childish topic renames. [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"Make no mistake, I was not trying to crawl up Dan's ass about what happened previously. I will reiterate, that the topic was something that I have conversed with Dan about personally."

Then there was no need to re-air a dirty laundry private conversation in public after it was already address by Nemesis not to do such things. The fact that you stated it after his post of welcoming Jason to the forum was kinda petty not that you care.

M.

Oh, and btw, what happened to Dan in the past was not a majority consensus. Lots of people were not happy with it.
End of story.

Edited by Morgan (12/18/10 03:19 PM)
Edit Reason: added ps

#45152 - 12/18/10 03:17 PM Re: Enough with the childish topic renames. [Re: Dan_Dread]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Yes, the content here being not a new site DOES speak for itself but there are many other places in which individuals reside online that have much to offer too. Is this not the same reason that you join different forums? To see what they also have to offer, even if in the end what they have to offer is nothing?

I must apologize for what I should have worded in another fashion when it came to this said demotion. So, for what it's worth, my apologies for how it was worded. If I could go back farther than a year perhaps I would understand exactly what it was that happened. This was not an attack; merely curiosity for the differences between here and there and your opinion changes with each venue.

#45153 - 12/18/10 03:23 PM Re: Enough with the childish topic renames. [Re: Morgan]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Originally Posted By: Morgan
"Make no mistake, I was not trying to crawl up Dan's ass about what happened previously. I will reiterate, that the topic was something that I have conversed with Dan about personally."

Then there was no need to re-air a dirty laundry private conversation in public after it was already address by Nemesis not to do such things. The fact that you stated it after his post of welcoming Jason to the forum was kinda petty not that you care.

M.

Oh, and btw, what happened to Dan in the past was not a majority consensus. Lots of people were not happy with it.
End of story.

Fair enough. However, I misunderstand about the comment you make of me putting that up there after he welcomed Jason to the board? I believe that the only thing I said was:

Originally Posted By: OrgasmicKarmatic
Welcome Jason.

Have fun and try to let some of them keep their lunch money.

If it is in reference to him "accepting" Jason here at 600.. what does that matter? Those two things do not relate. As far as I know, Dan has always had a respect for Jason. What does that have to do with me?

#45155 - 12/18/10 03:34 PM Re: Enough with the childish topic renames. [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
SkaffenAmtiskaw Moderator Offline
veteran member

You need to stop bringing out dirty laundry. Dan is what he is. Nobody, and in this case this means you, has any business speculating into Dan's, or any other member's, status. Not now. Not ever.

This is cheap gossip with little bearing on any matter at hand. Dan's standing is unquestioned. Were it any other way, he'd know.

Between this and your recent post about karma, which has been accurately described as a curiously RHP brand of fitting a square peg into a round hole by the use of copious amounts of verbiage for lube, you're standing in a hole and heading for China.

Please take some time to think about how you would like this to turn out.

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.