Page 7 of 7 « First<34567
Topic Options
#45726 - 12/28/10 05:49 AM Re: Faith - Dirty word or misconception? [Re: paolo sette]
nocTifer Offline
pledge

Loc: Khazakstan
@paolo: as a term, 'faith' is only loaded because religious pile it full of responsibilities and burdens, then expect that those outside their cults should agree with their irrational conclusions. this also applies inside Satanic cults, where people take their philosophy or dogmas on faith.

as a left-hand path individual, i dispute the reality of any special "Self" excepting as a psychological and mystical prop. I don't know why you would find value in it otherwise. the fallacious "omnis" are fun but unpersuasively fictional, whether they are mapped to fantasy Gods or fantasy Selves.

regarding the complication or simplification of these matters, adding a fantasy 'Self' affecting it all makes it more complex. specifying that this fantasy doesn't partake of an artificial dualism (spiritual / material) isn't clarifying. psychology and ordinary conceptually-reflective consciousness seem sufficient to account for the behaviour of complex organisms and their recursive awareness, though most of them claim nothing of the sort about having any kind of self. I cannot understand what you mean by 'an indirect Self' and am convinced that all selves are either material (bodily organisms) or figmentary (psychological facets used for orientation and engagement of the world, mapping the organism having it to an environmental context).

#45741 - 12/28/10 03:41 PM Re: Faith - Dirty word or misconception? [Re: nocTifer]
FlameReborn Offline
stranger

Loc: SPFLD,OH,USA
I think faith as a term depends on its usage. Faith in external beings, unless it yields some form of undeniable benefit, is pretty extreme in the religious department. However, faith in yourself and the things you do (whether spiritual or mundane) is the first step in being your own god. The Concept/Spirit of the Adversary (Satan to Satanists) is in opposition to the right hand path. Gods and Goddesses are in turn sought within oneself and externalized faith is also re-routed to ones own self. Personally, I don;t think you have to sacrifice any "atheistic" principle to accept that.
#45747 - 12/29/10 06:08 PM Re: Faith - Dirty word or misconception? [Re: FlameReborn]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Faith means "an inner religious experience of involvement of a particular person: the impingement on him of the transcendent putative or real."

The quality of the responses provided were that of a personalistic-subjective approach that emphasized the personal involvement of the individual in seeking Truth (your Truth). What comes further down the road with this approach is tradition which is nothing but a potential pattern for personal involvement. Still further on the way, we have tradition becoming religion as it expresses or elicits faith. My approach is anti-religionistic; hence, highly unpersonalistic.

In addition, the strength of the replies could be deemed as person-centered which cannot help but examine a life from the historical perspective. Comparative studies of religious ways of life across centuries and around the world is an inevitable end result. Investigating life from this angle emphasizes a necessity of a distinction between faith and belief that is based on (e.g.) a survey of humankind's (your) history.

A third look can be viewed as though each has their own integral vision of faith which is a significant proposal that may appeal to some. People that have a vision verily would be of subject-nature. I emphasize faith as object.

I'm surrounded by pure Evil. What is caled Evil opposes the rules of morality dictated by reason even if Evil knows well what the rules are. The awareness of such an opposition exists because I see and know Evil as Evil. There have been some who have tried to breakdown Evil with offering gradations of the dualistic notion by offering terms such as "root Evil." The awareness of root Evil means the awareness of a high degree of Evil. This is the kind of Evil that exists from the standpoint of reason which activates a disobedience and lack of attachment to the rules of morality. Realization of Evil within one's innermost self speaks to the antimoral quality of the Self.

The thoroughness of the principal of good requires the absolutization of the autonomy of reason, and good is aware of the contradictory nature within the standpoint of morality. This good-self cannot avoid or evade the Pharisaical hypocrisy which is attachment to rules.

Faith, I have none.

#45754 - 12/29/10 10:03 PM Hello, is this Merriam? K.I.S.S. please. [Re: paolo sette]
JWG Offline
pledge

Let's keep this simple.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faith?show=0&t=1293677890
 Quote:

faith
noun \ˈfāth\
plural faiths \ˈfāths, sometimes ˈfāthz\
Definition of FAITH
a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty b (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions
a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust

Loyalty, belief, complete trust, no proof.

Nothing I wish to be a part of or consciously practice.

If it's Satanic, it's not included in practice.

I fail to see why it's "dirty" or a "misconception" at all, unless we make it out to be such. ;\)

Edited by JWG (12/29/10 10:04 PM)

#45768 - 12/30/10 01:02 PM Re: Hello, is this Merriam? K.I.S.S. please. [Re: JWG]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I think the most interesting aspect to faith is not as much what it means or to what degree we have it but why the word has such an effect on some.

Many satanists I know just shrug when someone calls them a Nazi but when the word faith is uttered, the reactions become hefty at times. And as such, faith becomes almost a power-word. To me personally, this almost taboo feeling was interesting enough to explore why it had such an effect on me.

D.

#46407 - 01/10/11 11:51 AM Re: Hello, is this Merriam? K.I.S.S. please. [Re: Diavolo]
hellbeliever Offline
banned
stranger

Some people on youtube (mary K baxter) they are believing in something, and its like they really with convinction they speak.

i refer to youtube: Mary K baxter. revelations of hell

now i like to know more, thats why i am visting this forum (i am lying...is this ok?)

#46424 - 01/10/11 12:25 PM Re: Hello, is this Merriam? K.I.S.S. please. [Re: hellbeliever]
Dutch Satanist Offline
pledge

Loc: Delft, The Netherlands
I did a quick search on Mary K. Baxter and it confirmed my suspicions. Just another Christian whack-job that claims to have gone to hell and back. If you want some cheap entertainment, then indulge yourself and search that name on Youtube.

Page 7 of 7 « First<34567

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.