Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#45785 - 12/30/10 10:11 PM The truth shall set you free!
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA

Watching this video made me not only laugh but resounded in my head things that I have always thought. \:\) It's all truth.

#45788 - 12/31/10 07:49 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

A true role model. Use him wisely.

D.

#45794 - 12/31/10 10:45 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Diavolo]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
WTF!?

Worst street poet ever.

'Douche' is the fist thing that came to mind when I rolled tape. I had a very difficult time getting past my first impression of the guy. Ok, I get it, biker guy stick - fat (check), no shirt (check), tattoos (check), dwarf beard (check), biker guy sunglasses (check). Labret piercing? WTF? IMO, it is hard to come off as a bad ass when you have any number of facial piercings that I will use as nails to shatter the bones in your face. In fact, facial piercings scream "I don't know shit about street combat."

Now, getting to the content of his screed, you can usually get better from just about any drunk sitting in a park in any city in America. It would be just as insightful and much more poetic. Try going to downtown Detroit. You could even film it and make your own insightful Youtube video.

I think Sinatra already did a classier version of this act in "My Way" wearing a way better suit and not once dropping the F-bomb.

#45795 - 12/31/10 10:49 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Fist]
Jake999 Offline

Nailed it AGAIN, Fist.

Things like this remind me of Meatloaf's I WANT MY MONEY BACK. Impotent rage and excuses for not making it.

#45800 - 12/31/10 12:23 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Jake999]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Well, he did get $1.47 in donations on his website (indicated by the dick meter bar across the top of the page).

I dunno guys, I'm kind of impressed. \:D

I wonder what, specifically, the things are that people told this cat he couldn't do, yet he did and proved them wrong?

My instinct tells me he should have listened to them.

#45802 - 12/31/10 12:58 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Fnord]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Fnord

I wonder what, specifically, the things are that people told this cat he couldn't do, yet he did and proved them wrong?

"DUDE!!! You can't get a chest full of bad prison tats!!!"
"DUDE!!! You can't grow a really bad beard!!!"

#45807 - 12/31/10 05:32 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
I thought it was fun to watch. Sometimes that's enough in itself.

#45808 - 12/31/10 08:42 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Asmedious]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

These motorcycle forums Iíve been wasting time at are starting to bore me, full of whiners with no backbone that cry because you disagree with them. Itís like I was back in grade school there, damn Iím spoiled from being here so long.

On to the topicÖ

I find this guy funny at times his insights are his, some are very basic but true. Thanks O.K. for bringing me back to thechurchofdaveís channel. I enjoy it as entertainment as well Asme. I see a biker claiming that his first inspiration came from Dr Demento. I see a biker on YouTube trying to act unlike the common stereotype by showing he thinks while being himself. Funny at times laughing at himself showing he just might not be as perceived.

On fighting, facial piercings and SatanismÖ

Me I donít fight, I have worn facial piercings in my past. I have always seen people with facial piercings as those who donít fight or just donít need to fight.

The brain is the most powerful weapon it can keep you out of a fight as easily as getting you into one. I bet most guys that fight if they look at it the fools they pummel are just too stupid to know what not to say when and where. Had they kept their mouth shut and only said something when it was appropriate or postured when they shouldnít I doubt there would have been a fight.

But donít think me weak just cause Iím not a fighter. I carry a big fucking gun and have practiced getting it into my hand quickly, so I have "faith" I can stop anyone from thinking Iím going to take the losing end by street fighting with him or her. If I really need to kick someoneís ass a few tattoos to the right individuals could keep my moneymakers (hands) in pristine condition.

Now that is my brand of Satanism right there, having the ability to manipulate others to do your bidding knowing your limitations and doing what is under your control to go beyond them and give yourself the better hand in any situation.

On his tattoosÖ

I wonder what really sets off some of these comments like prison tats etc. Looking at better quality videos of his I put my money on those two large Indian designs are old but professional. Why the mixture of American Indian and Egyptian symbols I donít know but itís not my body and other than showing his tattoos he is not trying to tell me they are the cats ass of tattoos. Members have posted shittier tattoos here with a look at me attitude with less said.

Closing thoughtsÖ

Oh you were still reading?

I talk too much
~T~

#45809 - 12/31/10 08:44 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Asmedious]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I thought the guy was pretty funny but I don't believe his whole story about coming up with the idea to mix rap with punk. The fact that he used Aerosmith as an example of a band who "stole" "his idea" make it even more so unbelievable; Aerosmith was probably making music when he was elementary school. And even if his whole message was a little cliche I think it important to remember that a defeatist mindset never got anyone anywhere.

#45810 - 12/31/10 10:18 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: ta2zz]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

tazz,

Not a knock just and observation. Remember, my wife is a tattoo artist (but she also has an MFA) so I understand the old bad tattoos. But I think a lot of these guys have gotten their 'bad' tattoos in the last 5 years. And, most of them are straight going for the tough guy look.

As a trained and skilled fighter, combatives instructor, and a guy who has been more real fights than most folks have seen action movies, I am sick to death of 'tough guys.' Don't start shit - won't be shit. Guys like Douche in the above video are the first guys to try to start shit if they think they have the edge. In my normal grown-up dress most folks think I am a fairly normal guy - maybe an old jock. So, I routinely deal with guys who are use to chasing off frat boys with that shtick.

I don't knock anyone for avoiding a fight. In most cases it is a good idea. Most people are not very good at it and if things go wrong (and they often do) the engagement can end in death or crippling injury. Most people also don't know how to properly flee the scene of the crime so you will usually have one guy leaving in an ambulance and another in a police car.

Never the less, for those who insist on facial jewelry and being a tough guy, consider the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYAJGEtUBn4

#45825 - 01/01/11 03:06 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
Can't say I disagree with his main point of keeping true and at your best with creative projects whether others like them or not. That's something I can definitely get behind. But I do agree how that idea can easily become an excuse for failure.

I'd suggest he doesn't drink three gallons of coffee before stepping in front of a webcam but I'm sure he'd give me a big "FUCK YOU!"

#45844 - 01/01/11 09:12 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: TV is God]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Reminds me of a tee shirt quote.

"Fuck You, You Fucking Fuck"

Did I miss anything else? lol

M

#45845 - 01/01/11 09:41 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Morgan]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
Hey, I have that shirt!!!

I agree with TV, guy needs to ease up on the caffeine.

Homo Homini Lupus

#45860 - 01/02/11 06:46 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Draculesti]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Makes me laugh how most people here are jumping to conclusions about various things concerning Scary Dave.

For one, I've watched this vid a few times (Probably about 4 at the most...), and I cannot recall him ever saying that Aerosmith and RunDMC stole his idea of mixing rap with rock. If I recall correctly, he was merely pointing out that he came up with something similar beforehand, and someone in the music biz told him it wouldn't sell. Then, he refers to Aerosmith and RunDMC doing it, trying to put across the point that listening to others' nay saying gets you nowhere, and only trial and error will help you succeed.

Plus, almost everyone is judging him by one video by the looks of things.

I personally find his videos insightful and entertaining. It's a case of "each to their own" at the end of the day. If you like it, that's cool. If you don't, fair enough, but whinging about it ain't gonna improve it.

@Fist: I don't see how facial piercings have anything to do with being a "bad ass". I see it as something people have for enjoyment, much like tattoos. Plus, your aggressiveness towards the guy looks like insecurity to me. Dunno if you two have crossed paths negatively within your lives or not, but that, at the end of the day, is none of my business, neither is your apparent hatred towards the guy. I just think people ought to chill out, rather than risk a hernia over disliking something.

Oh well....

#45863 - 01/03/11 12:03 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: DistroyA]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Quote:
I don't see how facial piercings have anything to do with being a "bad ass". I see it as something people have for enjoyment, much like tattoos. Plus, your aggressiveness towards the guy looks like insecurity to me.

I think you miss my point.

I have spent most of my life around what most people would call 'a rough crowd.' From my own experience, it seems to me that this guy is broadcasting out a 'tough guy' persona. Do you see it differently?

He could just as easily put on a shirt and tie, shave, and tone down the language. But that is not the image he is trying to project is it? No, he instead takes of his shirt to show how tatted up he is. Because after all, tough guys have tattoos right?

Then, he gives us an in-your-face fuck-you rant - a rant, that I would argue (in my experience) has been well practiced from spending a lot of time telling people just what he thinks in person. Do you disagree? Would you argue that he is a normally civil and agreeable man? Or, does he use his persona to throw his weight around as it suits him? I ask you.

Now, my point, is only that a guy who is actually an experienced fighter would not get facial piercing because of the extra damage your face will sustain from them in a real fight. You see, I take my violence seriously and have little patience for posers.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.