Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#45865 - 01/03/11 02:01 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Fist]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
There are a few things that I’ve noticed in this first video of his, that struck me.

He articulates his words well. He doesn’t try to sound like a red neck country hick. This is not a put down on people who have certain accents, since I do so myself. However when people attempt to fake a certain personality they also pick up an accent. This is most apparent with truckers. When I was driving for a few months I noticed that it didn’t matter where a trucker was from, they could have been from New England, yet a very large percentage of them sounded like “truckers,” from down south.
Although he does drop the "F" bomb, he also has a decent vocabulary (apparant in his other videos).

Second, I noticed that he has relatively nice teeth. You can tell a lot about a person by his teeth. He seems to take good care of them. They are clean, and they are all there.

Third, he doesn’t mind using self depreciating humor (which I saw in his other videos that I watched after seeing this one). This tells me that he doesn’t have to pretend to be a tough guy who takes himself too seriously.

My final impression is that he is possibly fairly well educated, and is well adjusted. He likes a certain appearance, but that appearance is not due to a certain image that he is trying to project, but instead is projecting who he is, which is a tough looking biker type, who is relatively down to earth and easy going guy who likes to have fun while expressing his views on youtube.

Certainly I can be way off, but non the less it is the impression that I get.

Edited by Asmedious (01/03/11 02:02 AM)

#45872 - 01/03/11 06:30 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Asmedious]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

The guy created his act to target the group of teenagers. I tried to watch his morality video but had to give up after five minutes, the act just doesn't weigh up to the little content he is bringing.

He's probably an artist but so is a flatulist. I'm not young enough to find that impressive.

D.

#45883 - 01/03/11 12:37 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Fist]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
The only thing I see that makes this guy seem like a "tough guy" is his appearance. Nothing more, nothing less. From what I've gathered from a few of his other videos, it's the only appearance that he feels comfortable with. I think you're just judging him from this one video (That is unless you've seen more videos from him...).

And what's so great about a shirt and tie? I've tried that image already, as you may have already seen in the photo gallery, and it just doesn't suit me at all. Why should he change for anyone else but himself?

You make it sound like only tough guys have tattoos. That's usually the case with BAD tattoos that mean nothing to them but for image. For all you know, this guy could have had his tattoos for more than just appearance.

I don't disagree with your idea of him telling people what he thinks in person, but only to those that treat him like shit. There's more concerning his attitude in one or two other vids he's created.

Very true, he would get more damage from his piercings in a fight, but then again, he's not a physical fighter from what I've gathered; he battles more with words and ideas.

I have no doubt you take your violence seriously, seeing as you're in the army and all. Although I'd say that's where the violence should be focused more, as well as defending yourself in unsavoury circumstances, rather than talking about it on here. I have very little interest for violence personally. It bores me something chronic.

@Asmedious: You've got the same impression as I have done over the last year of encountering this guy's videos.

Edited by DistroyA (01/03/11 12:41 PM)

#45884 - 01/03/11 02:52 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: DistroyA]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Whenever you pose in a certain manner, you will get reactions. Sitting there half naked, flashing tattoos and inserting whatever he says with non-related verbal additions might be what he likes but when it is only about the words and ideas, it isn't very relevant. As such, you will get comments upon it. He might not care but if truly, he wouldn't even bother talking for ten minutes about how he doesn't really care. He cares.

Of course it is his gimmick and he might enjoy it, or think it is a useful approach but, personally I find it distractive, especially when it outweighs the actual content. It's a bit like listening to a lecture of Stephen Hawking while he is dressed up as a clown. The lecture could be extremely interesting but the question that would never get out of your head is: What's with the darn clown-act? George Carlin did a far better act than his.

For all I know the guy could be a jolly fellow and good to have a chat with, although I am not too fond of people adding their IQ to their page. It's almost as if they have to prove to you that they are intelligent, something which should be obvious without having to point at it. There are more things on his page which indicate at a high "look at me" tendency.

Maybe it is all in good fun of course, or maybe it's part of being an arteeste. But then again, maybe it isn't.

D.

#45908 - 01/04/11 11:41 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Fist]
HereticAiel Offline
stranger

Loc: Ontario, Canada

Ive never seen this guy before. Im not sure what else hes made or put out. However this was a great video. I loved what he had to say regarding the mass majority of people out there. Being a creative and always misunderstood individual Im always enlightened to hear from those in the same boat having to cope in an useeemingly accaptable world.

However different these people are from myself, whether thier black or white etc, punk rockers, goons or goblins I can find myself within thier experience.

Thanks Dude

And Fuck All of you ! Haha

#45928 - 01/05/11 12:59 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: HereticAiel]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
So, can I take this down to brass tacks?

Is Douche in the video a hard core bad ass biker mother fucker? Or, is he a straight punk ass bitch who would clam the fuck up if a 'real' motherfucker ever stepped to him?

Seriously niggas, I want to know?

Was that 'urban' enough for you? Faggot ass bitches....

#45940 - 01/05/11 12:20 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Fist]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I've been in the biker environment for long and while bikers might look like a tough bunch, it isn't necessarily so. Even loud-mouthing isn't really an indication and I've seen harmless looking fellas take out big boys on multiple occasions. In the end, it's a bit like dogs; those that bark a lot don't necessarily bite. Neither are big dogs always the most dangerous.

In my current environment, the dangerous people are not those that dress impressive, or act as if they're king of the hill but those that are quite normal, interact quite normal but radiate something unnerving. It's as if you can see in their eyes that it brings bad luck to mess with them.

D.

#45952 - 01/05/11 07:57 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Fist]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: Fist
Is Douche in the video a hard core bad ass biker mother fucker? Or, is he a straight punk ass bitch who would clam the fuck up if a 'real' motherfucker ever stepped to him?

Does it really matter if he is or isn't? For all we know, he could be the kind of person that would be in between the two examples you set. Not everything is just black and white; there are grey areas...

At the end of the day, he's posted some videos on Youtube for people to watch at their own discretion. No one forced you to watch it, and for some unknown reason, you've took it upon yourself to kick up a shit-fit because, what, the fact that he appears to be a typical biker type, that most people would find un-nerving, and and the fact that he is ranting about past experiences and giving ADVICE to people to never give up on something they want to do, despite what the nay-sayers do. Talk about absolute ignorance or what?

I know we humans are judgemental, but I would have thought that those on this board that did kick up a fuss wouldn't have been so brutal. Sure. the biker image is not to everyone's taste, but neither is Satanism and it's imagery. See where I'm coming from at all?

Try looking at it from a different angle as well as your own. It might help and and may prove productive, rather than destructive.

Also, apologies to the rest of the board and mods in derailing the thread (At least, that's what I see has happened...).

#45955 - 01/05/11 08:08 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: DistroyA]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
Let's bring it back to topic then shall we?

The point that I got out of this video was not the person that I saw in front of me but the message that was being portrayed. This message that he has so bluntly put out there for everyone to witness I enjoy quite a bit because it is a little piece of advice that I've given to others and yet sometimes have a hard time remembering myself.

This video made me remember just why I am who I am and why I continue doing what I do whether it is to the dismay or pleasure of anyone other than myself.

"If you don't like it, fuck you. This is me, this is what I am doing.. FOR ME."

#45964 - 01/06/11 12:18 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
In my world...

If someone says 'If you don't like then FUCK YOU' that is an open invitation to a fight to the death. In other words, at the end of "FUCK YOU" it is entirely possible, that the listener MAY, deliver an 'overhand right' followed by boots to the head and possibly a "curb job" ( http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Curb%20Job&defid=127015 ).

This is the real world - not theory.

If you spend your life on youtube and the www then there is a good chance that you will never have to deal with anything beyond theory.

Again, thus, the question remains, beyond tough words what is the point?

#45966 - 01/06/11 01:29 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Fist]
Jake999 Offline

If someone says 'If you don't like then FUCK YOU' that is an open invitation to a fight to the death. In other words, at the end of "FUCK YOU" it is entirely possible, that the listener MAY, deliver an 'overhand right' followed by boots to the head and possibly a "curb job"

Just for an addition to your arsenal of body check moves... I've used a variation of this in fights since I was a kid. Once you take the guy down, go for a kick to the side of the head or get next to him and pound the side of his head. The natural reaction is to roll and cover. When he does, you go for a full nelson and slap it on TIGHT. Lift and drag to the nearest curb, sharp rock or brick, then lift him up, still applying the full nelson, and slam his head repeatedly into the curb or brick or glass or whatever's there for him to land on.

Sorry... back to our regularly scheduled topic.

#45968 - 01/06/11 09:35 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Fist]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

If used in the context of "let's fight" sure, a big fuck you can cause quite a situation. To be honest though, if someone is saying something to me about my actions that is going to make me feel like a "fuck you" is warranted, then maybe they are more in the wrong than I am. Think about any time that you have said that to another person; was it unwarranted?

The "fuck you" epiphany is more than just a theory; it's fact. The fact of the matter is, I do what I do because I want to do it. 'Nuff said. I don't need anyone telling me I am doing it wrong or I'm a failure.

In my opinion, failure is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone has their own definition and for the most part, I couldn't care less about anyone elses definition and how it might relate to me. \:D

The point is making it known to others that despite whatever pedestal they might put themselves on in correlation to another person, that person is going to do and be what they want. You could easily say "fuck you" in a more civil manner, for sure. Some of us do it everyday.

#45969 - 01/06/11 09:38 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Jake999]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Originally Posted By: Jake999

If someone says 'If you don't like then FUCK YOU' that is an open invitation to a fight to the death. In other words, at the end of "FUCK YOU" it is entirely possible, that the listener MAY, deliver an 'overhand right' followed by boots to the head and possibly a "curb job"

Just for an addition to your arsenal of body check moves... I've used a variation of this in fights since I was a kid. Once you take the guy down, go for a kick to the side of the head or get next to him and pound the side of his head. The natural reaction is to roll and cover. When he does, you go for a full nelson and slap it on TIGHT. Lift and drag to the nearest curb, sharp rock or brick, then lift him up, still applying the full nelson, and slam his head repeatedly into the curb or brick or glass or whatever's there for him to land on.

Sorry... back to our regularly scheduled topic.

Talk about someone I wouldn't want to get into a fight with! Maybe I should think about some flowers after all.

#45970 - 01/06/11 09:50 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: OrgasmicKarmatic
In my opinion, failure is in the eye of the beholder.

If you can't drive a car but decide to do anyways because you do what you want to do and end up hitting a tree, you're a failure in everyone's eyes.

Of course there are situations where you do your thing but many do require a bit more than "do what you want to do". That's why there is something like acquiring skills or gathering knowledge. There was a reason they sent kids to school.

There are very few things in life that require nothing at all. If someone, however thinks this nothing is surely enough to do everything, sweet. Just don't ask others to look at it and don't consider it silly.

D.

#45971 - 01/06/11 09:55 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Diavolo]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

I wouldn't call driving into a tree a failure but an exposure of being a dumbass, personally.

Failure in the eye of the beholder though, can easily mean that the person learns not to drive said car into another tree or better yet just doesn't drive again at all until they know how to drive the car.

Also, easily put, a failure to one person on the outside may not be considered a failure to the person on the inside. Failures can be successes if we use them to learn something from.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.