Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#45973 - 01/06/11 10:16 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I think this is a bed-time story many people cry themselves to sleep with. If people fail a lot, they might indeed be learning but it's also quite possible they are very good at failing.

D.

#45976 - 01/06/11 10:35 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Diavolo]
Jake999 Offline

It's pretty much the same idea as the MC at an awards ceremony saying, "There are no losers here... you're ALL winners. And now the trophy for Best Athlete goes to..."

It's an easy to accept egalitarian lie. There ARE losers and there Are winners. The difference is quite often in that losers find ways to mitigate their failures with platitudes.

#45982 - 01/06/11 11:36 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Fist]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: Fist
In my world...

If someone says 'If you don't like then FUCK YOU' that is an open invitation to a fight to the death. In other words, at the end of "FUCK YOU" it is entirely possible, that the listener MAY, deliver an 'overhand right' followed by boots to the head and possibly a "curb job"

If there was no good reason for them to say "fuck you", yeah, I can understand. But what you're failing to understand is that his "fuck you"s are aimed at people that give him very good reason to say so. You're just taking offense just for the sake of it.

There's more to life than fighting. Seriously.

#45985 - 01/06/11 12:07 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Diavolo]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
I, personally see nothing wrong with trip ups if there are lessons learned by them.

Usually the loser is the one that continuously fails and does not manage to learn anything from it. Genuinely, we have all played to fool a time or two more than we would like but would we change it if it meant that we would be without that lesson?

Perhaps there are those that console themselves with the "this is a learning experience" after they fail. These are not the people that I am talking about because those people usually do not learn.

Originally Posted By: Jake999
It's pretty much the same idea as the MC at an awards ceremony saying, "There are no losers here... you're ALL winners. And now the trophy for Best Athlete goes to..."

It's an easy to accept egalitarian lie. There ARE losers and there Are winners. The difference is quite often in that losers find ways to mitigate their failures with platitudes.

I disagree with that first statement but do agree to the second. I disagree with the first statement because those who use failure there advantage are not losers just because they failed.

Try, try again. If you keep failing, keep trying at the variables until you find something that works. This is the only method to go about things in life. The only way to figuring out what is right and wrong for yourself.

#45988 - 01/06/11 12:57 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I don't know what life you are living but I don't pursue my goals as if I am playing the lottery. Keep buying tickets is not going to guarantee cashing in the prize.

When I pursue a goal, I make sure I am at my best. I acquire the skills requires, learn the knowledge needed and then go for it. I don't rely on luck or at a "if you swing enough, you might hit once too" approach. When I want something, I make sure it is within my reach and if I, even then, should fail, I do know I fail because it is beyond my limitations. So be it, that's reality for all of us.

But at no point I will keep trying like an energized bunny hoping one day, maybe one day I will succeed.

D.

#46013 - 01/06/11 06:40 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Diavolo]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
The changing variables include things like education.

When we are younger (at least some) we try to move ourselves ahead of the position we are in without thinking about what it takes to get to the position; we just want to jump. However, as we fail to get there, we realize what variables need to change in our lives to get there.

Say you wanted a better job, you try for it but you don't have what you need to get it. You learn what you need to get that position and THEN go after it again and succeed. You've learned that in order to get someone further ahead, you must obtain a different variable for yourself.

But just obtaining one variable may not work the same always. Such as with the job when you want to get higher than what you are. Just because you went and obtained what you needed for the position ahead of you original one doesn't mean that it will cut it for the next position.

You are always out there switching up your variables. Although, I see, from the way that it is written it does come off as a person grasping at straws. I assure you, this is something everyone does; switching out old variables for changed or revised variables in their life.

Also, just because something doesn't work one time, doesn't mean I am going to just give up on it after the first try. I am going to give it a few goes just to see if it changes with minor changes that I make as well.

Someone said that "if the world is not working with you, then you are not working with the world" but working with the world is a process and figuring out how to get the world to work with you (or if you even want it to for the most part) is all a process. You learn as you use that method.

Putting nothing mystical in it at all... You try something, you fuck up, you switch something and try it again. Perhaps you'll succeed, perhaps you won't. But the fact of the matter is, unless you try a couple times, you'll never know for sure if the outcome is the same as the last.

#46040 - 01/07/11 06:30 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Let's quit the yappering my dear and go directly to the essence: how did this technique work out for you?

Did you get what you want or are you still going through all the variables, and while at it, soften the ride with the idea you are learning quite a lot?

D.

#50379 - 03/03/11 02:04 AM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: Fist]
Hegesias Offline

Originally Posted By: Fist
 Quote:
I don't see how facial piercings have anything to do with being a "bad ass". I see it as something people have for enjoyment, much like tattoos. Plus, your aggressiveness towards the guy looks like insecurity to me.

I think you miss my point.

I have spent most of my life around what most people would call 'a rough crowd.' From my own experience, it seems to me that this guy is broadcasting out a 'tough guy' persona. Do you see it differently?

He could just as easily put on a shirt and tie, shave, and tone down the language. But that is not the image he is trying to project is it? No, he instead takes of his shirt to show how tatted up he is. Because after all, tough guys have tattoos right?

Then, he gives us an in-your-face fuck-you rant - a rant, that I would argue (in my experience) has been well practiced from spending a lot of time telling people just what he thinks in person. Do you disagree? Would you argue that he is a normally civil and agreeable man? Or, does he use his persona to throw his weight around as it suits him? I ask you.

Now, my point, is only that a guy who is actually an experienced fighter would not get facial piercing because of the extra damage your face will sustain from them in a real fight. You see, I take my violence seriously and have little patience for posers.

I see your point and it's building the rest of the picture here. But about the facial piercing. I personally don't have any but I used to have face piercings when younger. I'd been presented with the question "won't that stuff get ripped out in a fight...?". To this I just thought "well yes, but who cares, when you are intent on blinding somebody or breaking their jaw, who's going to care about a rip down the middle of your mouth". If anything it's only going to make you more enthusiastic. The same goes for the people who think having short hair will give them some kind of advantage. Basically Romans had short hair apparently because this prevented them from having their throats cut from behind. I'd personally see that the guy has short hair so I wouldn't pull it to cut his throat, I'd just stab him in the side of the head or in the heart up through the back ribs. Basically, it's the same with face piercings.

Who goes into a fight with the intent to pull out somebodies face piercings thinking that's going to be even remotely damaging or effective? Obviously, if you get your face booted in then piercings come out with your teeth and what not, but seriously a face piercing coming out in a fight is not going to be much compared to say, the retaliation, irreparable skeletal damage maybe.

I like this guys points made, yes he is overly theatrical but it's his way of getting motivated and putting his heart into what he's saying. I think he just likes to get worked up to express himself. He maybe annoying and transparent, but his points are sound for some who might like his vibe. Motivational and positive for some I'm sure.

#78447 - 07/23/13 04:22 PM Re: The truth shall set you free! [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
I've never heard of this guy, it seems most of his content is down, to include the video that sparked this discussion.

I did find THIS uploaded by another youtuber.

I listened to about 15 seconds then clicked away.

I did a preliminary search and found his Main Website.

This is a joke right?

Not sure what was so inspirational in the initial video clip, other than the comments posted by the OP.

Is this clip hosted anywhere else? I can't seem to find a copy anywhere. Any insights as to why he took his youtube channel down?

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.008 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.