Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#45990 - 01/06/11 01:29 PM Let us not request bacon!
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Evidently, "Can I have bacon?" is fightin' words in some part of the world... \:\)

#45993 - 01/06/11 02:28 PM Re: Let us not request bacon! [Re: Fnord]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
LOL! Must have been in the UK. KFC has recently started serving halal food at many of its locations.

That kid is just asking to get his car pelted with ham and pork byproducts

I wonder if he wasn't partially retarded? The way he was speaking it almost sounded as if he had a lisp or some sort of speech impediment. I wish they'd filmed the customer as he was placing the order. That might help give some perspective as to why the KFC guy was flipping out. At least the manager and other employee handled it and herded the guy to the back.

#45994 - 01/06/11 02:37 PM Re: Let us not request bacon! [Re: Nemesis]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I would have immediately left, went to the store and bought some bacon, gone back to the KFC, removed the bacon from the package and bitch-slapped the hell out of the guy behind the counter with a handful of bacon. That would easily be worth the assault charge.

#46002 - 01/06/11 05:09 PM Re: Let us not request bacon! [Re: Nemesis]
manofsteel Offline

Loc: Indiana U.S.
Maybe he was ass raped by a pig when he was a child, I mean who knows. I personally agree with 6 on this one but he is more patient than me. I think I would have either went over the counter or he would have been pulling a chair out of his ass. Either way that is some funny shit. What a damn wacko!!!!

#46003 - 01/06/11 05:18 PM Re: Let us not request bacon! [Re: Nemesis]
Aklo Offline

Quote:
I wish they'd filmed the customer as he was placing the order. That might help give some perspective as to why the KFC guy was flipping out.

Bingo.

What seeeeems to have happened was, the customer came in with his camera, knowing what he was doing, and requested the bacon. The moron who was trying to wait on him may have just tried to explain that it was a new halal shop, he may have mentioned that pork was unclean, it's hard to say the level of his response. But at some point in the conversation the inciteful customer said something like, I want some bacon bitch. The film starts there.

#46006 - 01/06/11 05:35 PM Re: Let us not request bacon! [Re: Aklo]
manofsteel Offline

Well. if he called him a bitch I could be a lot more understanding but it is still funny as hell either way.

#46010 - 01/06/11 06:14 PM Re: Let us not request bacon! [Re: manofsteel]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Evidently, that clerk is NOT suitable for the job. Whether or not he get's called "bitch" is no excuse for him to flip out, scream obscenities and damage company machines in front of customers. He really should have said to his team leader "I've gotta go in the back for 5 minutes, or I might end up flipping out."

Then again, he probably used his religion/skin colour/whatever as an excuse to start being a dick in front of customers.

Plus, the customer who instigated the reaction should have been banned from the shop immediately, what with them holding a camera recording it all.

Either way, both the customer and the checkout clerk were in the wrong for one reason or another.

#46014 - 01/06/11 06:42 PM Re: Let us not request bacon! [Re: Aklo]
Nemesis Offline

From what I could tell by the description on YouTube, this happened in Sydney, which, along with the UK and other EU countries, have been steadily lubing their poop-chutes to accomodate the growing Muslim population. Nothing we didn't already know, right?

What I don't understand is, why bother opening a franchise by a company that sells pork products, knowing you'll be removing pork from the menu, instead of one that is based in the Middle East and already serves halal meat? If anyone watches Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations", he did an episode where he visited Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and was taken to a famous chain restaurant that SPECIALIZES in fried chicken. I would LOVE to try the food from a place like that, and I would go there knowing full well that I would not be able to obtain pork products of any kind.

But of course, that would make too much sense. Instead, let's force a company to bend to our will (altering the menu and meat suppliers because OMG WE CAN'T TOUCH THAT SHIT) and disappoint customers when they walk in the door and find out they can't get BACON on their goddamned chicken sandwich.

Peace Through Pork

#46015 - 01/06/11 06:46 PM Re: Let us not request bacon! [Re: DistroyA]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
Wow, freak out.

Funny but the clerk could have held his temper a bit better I think. The sad thing is, he was probably coddled in the back and the customer was probably given something free just to show the company's apologies. Not really proving to either one that they were in the wrong at all.

I always hated the "the customer is always right" speech that bosses shoved down their employees throats. (Imagine when my current boss hired me and started up with it but stopped and goes "No, the customer is NOT always right".) Clearly neither party was right.

#46016 - 01/06/11 06:50 PM Re: Let us not request bacon! [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Nemesis Offline

Actually, no, the employee was suspended indefinitely over this incident.

I will admit, that if the customer DID instigate the blow-up by calling the guy a 'bitch', he should have been removed from the premises as well. Seventeen-year olds don't tend to react to insults with much class. It certainly does not excuse such abominable behavior, but fair is fair.

#46017 - 01/06/11 07:17 PM Re: Let us not request bacon! [Re: Nemesis]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
Well that is good to hear. There are many times that I have seen an employee go off over something that a customer has said and the boss looks over it like nothing ever happened. Which is a shame.

Yes, I agree, both of them should have been removed.

#46030 - 01/06/11 11:27 PM Re: Let us not request bacon! [Re: Fnord]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Keep your fabled countries where the streets are paved with gold. Give me one where the streets are paved with BACON, and Iím there; because Mohamedís retards wont be.

#46053 - 01/07/11 11:10 AM Re: Let us not request bacon! [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
manofsteel Offline

I am a manager at a large place and I can tell you I have other managers under me and if any of them ever acted like that I would have their asses thrown out of the plant immediately. No questions asked and I don't even deal directly with customers.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 26 queries. Zlib compression disabled.