Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#46149 - 01/07/11 06:41 PM any Diabolists?
-Z- Offline
Banned
stranger

im seeking information
#46165 - 01/07/11 07:22 PM Re: any Diabolists? [Re: -Z-]
Oxus Offline

What are Diabolists?
#46166 - 01/07/11 07:25 PM Re: any Diabolists? [Re: -Z-]
Aklo Offline

Hi Z, glad to see you out of the intro forum. On the other hand, tiny little retarded one-line posts are frowned upon greatly by the people who come here for real content. Every post should count, should be worth reading, should have information in it that is well thought-out and likely to be of interest to more people than just yourself.

This is particularly true of the Opening Post for a thread, I have big doubts as to how long you can last here with this sort of attitude. "All hat and no pants" is a phrase I learned in Texas, for people who make a big show of their importance without actually bringing anything worthwhile to the table.

On your topic, everyone who has been here for any length of time is very familiar with diabolism and other ponced-out ways of saying "devil worship". The reason that we have very little respect for it, above and beyond the worthlessness of the people who ride it in here, is that we don't see any significant difference between this concept and any other religion. What are your thoughts on this quandary?

Diabolism proper is a juiced-up form of demonolatry with particular reference to the hierarchy of the Christian mythos. I use it extensively in a ritual setting, and know all the lovely details and special cases and exceptions that could make you some great material for conversation. But as for believing it, in some rational sense, that's the most asinine thing I ever heard. What would be the fucking point?

So we are at kind of an impasse, aren't we? If we can't tolerate and respect one another somehow, then no communication will be possible. You will end up at the Joy site, being fed bullshit and manipulated in various ways. People are going to take advantage of you, and your little cocked-up prison pants persona is going to make it easy and justifiable rather than scare anyone.

Lots and lots of the people here, have killed people, legally, with or without bullets. We have no fucking fear whatsoever, and no respect for anyone who can't be bothered to make it worth our while.

Your thoughts, if you have any ...

#46234 - 01/08/11 12:43 PM Re: any Diabolists? [Re: Aklo]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
Why waste so many lines (26 in my browser) on an obvious troll? Seriously.

JK

#46244 - 01/08/11 04:26 PM Re: any Diabolists? [Re: Jason King]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Troll or not, they've been given the banhammer anyway, so it's wasted effort.

#46245 - 01/08/11 06:15 PM Re: any Diabolists? [Re: Jason King]
Aklo Offline

Quote:
Why waste so many lines (26 in my browser) on an obvious troll? Seriously.

Because I felt like it. I have some viewpoints and information I'm willing to share on diabolism, which may be of use to others long after the OP is dead. But that's not all there is to it, of course.

At least one of the fucking gross of new kids that just got let in is worthwhile; I've spoken with her, and she's smart as a whip. And I feel a little responsible for, at least some of them, because of comments I made toward the end of the demonstration we put on when you were let in early. They have a right to see how things are and have half a chance to survive.

Here, read this again

Quote:
tiny little retarded one-line posts are frowned upon greatly by the people who come here for real content. Every post should count, should be worth reading, should have information in it that is well thought-out and likely to be of interest to more people than just yourself.

I'm talking to you, meat. You have 73 posts now, and only 32 of them make any attempt to actually engage the topic of the threads they are in. And I'm counting your intro and several points where I think your responses were useless but because you were responding to me I don't feel qualified to mark you down for them. Seriously.

It's like you don't even begin to understand the purpose of the one-liner rule. Have you just never been in a forum where topic is strictly enforced? I'm not saying you can't heckle, I do it two out of three posts. But I use it as a condiment, on a full entree of topical material. You post just fucking ketchup and nothing else, more than half the time. Your feelings about something someone said, even to you, are not on topic unless you can wrap them around some mass of content that is on topic. What the fuck does your swipe at me have to do with diabolism?

Quote:
26 in my browser

Of which more than 13 relate to diabolism and/or the difficulty in finding diabolists here and/or the problems to be faced by someone who wants to talk about it without having anything valuable to contribute themselves.

Why can't you even manage just two? Seriously, "all hat and no pants."

So, why aren't you banned yet? Because we like you. We want you here, we think you have valuable things to contribute, we have our fingers crossed that you will wise up and post some messages with content.

Same reason Lexi lasted so long before she finally took her first hard burn, in other words. You are teetering on the brink, man. Please post messages with content.

Amongst the demons who can help with rhetoric, Naberius (Cerberus) is the one I would mention here, because he "procureth loss of prelacies and dignities." He can help you talk your enemies right out of their position in the world, in other words. He appears in the form of a crow with a hoarse voice, except in Breton where he is depicted in his more traditional three-headed dog form.

He is head of the second flight under the command of Nebiros, who leads the first wing of Astaroth (Alastor), the third head of His Infernal Majesty. Evocation should be in reverse order, that is, conjure the head, then the wing commander, finally the flight leader. The three demons under Naberius are Marchosias, Malphas and Vepar.

#46251 - 01/08/11 07:11 PM Re: any Diabolists? [Re: Aklo]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Honestly,

"So, why aren't you banned yet? Because we like you. We want you here, we think you have valuable things to contribute, we have our fingers crossed that you will wise up and post some messages with content.

Same reason Lexi lasted so long before she finally took her first hard burn, in other words. You are teetering on the brink, man. Please post messages with content."

You are in no position to talk about how "we" the forum feel about anyone. You speak for yourself.

At this point, you both are being annoying school girls fighting over a boy. Read the rules, get along, or leave.

The chickie got a 30 day ban because she earned it, and is a separate case from both of you. You are in no position to pass judgment on why she received a 30 day ban.

Stick to topics or continue the hair pulling through private pm's.

thank you,
Morgan

#46256 - 01/08/11 07:41 PM Re: any Diabolists? [Re: Morgan]
Aklo Offline

Thanks Morgan, but I'm not taking any position on why she got banned. The process did make me a little nervous or anxious but I certainly don't feel qualified to judge it. If that wasn't clear at the time, I apologize again; I was having a bad day in a bad week that night.

What I am doing is expressing an opinion on why she went for several months without being banned, even though she couldn't even speak on the topic in her own goddamned threads for pages at a time. Is this unclear somehow?

I have a right to have opinions, I will defend them unless they are demonstrated wrong. I have a right to say "we" in reference to your audience; my position is that people who are popular and interesting and might be worth a crap last longer than weasels like Z and Trapdoor Shower, but still have to post messages with content.

If I'm wrong, fine; I will take what comes to me.

. . .

The other Astaroth (Astarte) is a duke under Glasyalabolas, in the third flight under Naberius, also in the wing of Nebiros under the one called Alastor. These two are super-tight, working under the same Canaanite name, and she is normally depicted riding on him

She is a "fowle angell", teaches the liberal arts, talks very willingly of the hierarchies of the fallen, and makes the claim that she did not fall of her own accord. There's a warning in the Goetia, Weirus and Scot "that he admit him not too neere him, bicause of his stinking breath [lit. "because of the intolerable stench which he exhales"]. And therefore let the conjuror hold neere to his face a magicall [silver] ring, and that shall defend him."

#46260 - 01/08/11 07:59 PM Re: any Diabolists? [Re: Aklo]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Lets try this again in simple English.

You speak for yourself.
You do not speak for the forum.

There is no "we" in regards to your opinion as to why JK is still here. If anything when you question other members short coming, you bring to light your own, and make people wonder why are they still here.

You have no right to say who is or is not teetering on the brink.

You have no right to say what "we" the forum feel in regards to expectations from new members.

You don't know why the final reason was that Ok was given a 30 ban, for all you know it was because she has small tits.

Get it?

Next....

Morgan

#46263 - 01/08/11 09:36 PM Re: any Diabolists? [Re: Morgan]
Aklo Offline

Yes, Ma'am!

So anyway, tell us what your viewpoint is on diabolism, please. Worthwhile, even if only as a traditonal structure for evocation? A total waste of brain power? Or something else.

I'm sure you at least have some interesting stories on True Believers you have encountered ...

One point I wanted to bring up before we got sidetracked is, the vast majority of practicing diabolists (as opposed to demonolaters) operate within the Roman Catholic Church. Here's a not particularly good copy of the Grimoire of Honorius, which basically requires a priest to follow

http://www.infinite-beyond.com/scripts/grimoireofhonorius.pdf

but also incorporates many of the usual demons and arbitrary strictures:

Quote:
For Monday, to Lucifer.

This experience is commonly performed between eleven and twelve
o’clock, or between three and four. Requisites: coal, and consecrated chalk to compose the circle, about which these words must be written: I forbid thee, Lucifer, in the name of the Most Holy Trinity, to enter within this circle. A mouse must be provided to give him; the master must have a stole and holy water, an air also and a surplice. He must recite the Conjuration in a lively manner, commanding sharply and shortly, as a lord should address his servant, with all kinds of menaces: SATAN, RANTAM, PALLANTRE, LUTAIS, C0RICACOEM, SCIRCIGREUR, I require thee to give me very humbly, &c.

#46264 - 01/08/11 11:55 PM Re: any Diabolists? [Re: Aklo]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Below is a quick list of some books I pulled off my shelf, it's not a complete list, but it has a bunch of information regarding Demonology:

Speak of the Devil ed by North and Boutell

The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin The Mage trans by McGregor Mathers

The Goetia, The Lesser Key of Solomon the King trans by Liddell and MacGregor Mathers

Grimorium Verum ed & trans by Peterson

The Book of Ceremonial Magic, A Complete Grimoire by Waite

Yes, some of the books give a structure to follow during a rite that would involve demons. Most give information in regards to specific attributes that each may have.

It's not a waste of brain power, its part of the Occult sciences (yeah its a phrase, get over it) that include geomantry, astrology, tarot, and etc. It's an old historical subject that can be debated and looked upon and used as one may see fit.

Some people have personal saints they call upon, some people have personal demons they call upon because they feel a special connection. It's mostly the same thing, a comforting connection to something outside and greater than yourself.

I even have my own favorite personal demon that I came across through research and study.

That still doesn't mean I have to get on my knees and worship an idea or an archetype. While that is all some other people need.

What people choose to use or do or believe during rites/rituals is completely up to them. Its a suspension of disbelief and diving into something more outside of the "norm".

I hope that helps.

Morgan

#46377 - 01/10/11 08:47 AM Re: any Diabolists? [Re: Aklo]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
 Originally Posted By: Aklo
I'm talking to you, meat. You have 73 posts now, and only 32 of them make any attempt to actually engage the topic of the threads they are in. And I'm counting your intro and several points where I think your responses were useless but because you were responding to me I don't feel qualified to mark you down for them. Seriously.

Just out of curiosity, why did you call me meat? Nevermind + I get it = weaksauce. I sense in you the need to be a bit more personal in your beef with JK. It's all good, but we should probably not bother 600 with it (whatever it is) any longer. So seeing as how I'm around in more personable media, I ask you to take your pick of poison: face+voice exchange on YT, or live+voice exchange on BTR?

JK

#46451 - 01/10/11 03:35 PM Re: any Diabolists? [Re: Morgan]
Mindmaster Offline
pledge

Loc: Detroit, MI
 Originally Posted By: Morgan

Speak of the Devil ed by North and Boutell

The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin The Mage trans by McGregor Mathers

The Goetia, The Lesser Key of Solomon the King trans by Liddell and MacGregor Mathers

Grimorium Verum ed & trans by Peterson

The Book of Ceremonial Magic, A Complete Grimoire by Waite

_snippty_

I would also recommend:

_History of the Devil and the Idea of Evil_ by Paul Carus

_Lords of the Left Hand Path_ by Stephen Flowers (there is a ToS slant to it, but lots of valuable information.. it's basically an encyclopedia type work so really doesn't matter) Good to understand the dark side and the interplay it has had in various cultures. Many of the demons are still used today by various groups... good reading..

_Grimoire of Pope Honorius_ misc translations, probably would do well to see as many of them possible. I recommend you get THIS and Vernum off Joe Peterson's Website (estoericaarchives.com)

_The Grand Grimoire_ classical Demonic magic sourcebook. Just gotta have it.. it's on the esoteric CD as well (personally, I would just recommend you plunge for $42 get them all..) Sort of the source book for the Dukante Hierarchy of demons as well.

_The Complete Book of Demonolatry_ S. Connolly. Sort of the modern thrust of demonic work (if you want the real deal :). It's all basic stuff, but pretty close to what is currently done without anyone giving away sect secrets. Book is plagued by TYPOS and some of the reference books are silly biz ( malus malafacarium, and Remy's Demonolatry.. feh.. witch hunter manuals? \:\) ) but the practical side is typical of what a modern practice would be. It's not a cookbook though..

Probably more stuff when I think of it later.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 26 queries. Zlib compression disabled.