Page 16 of 22 « First<1415161718>Last »
Topic Options
#57202 - 07/20/11 06:28 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Lordvampyr666]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

I like beer for sure.

On my recent holiday I went from one German town to another and drank a glass or two of beer each day. I love German beer!

My favourite German beer is called Warsteiner. I don't know if anyone here has tried this beer, but wow!

My partner and I were having a farewell dinner, with her family, in Berlin before we boarded a train to take us across the country and into Switzerland.

Her uncle suggested I try the Warsteiner. He said it was his favourite beer. This beer had the cleanest, most beautiful taste and colour I have ever had in a beer, with a dry edge to it.

I am now addicted to Warsteiner, but of course am having trouble getting it here in Australia. I can get Furstenberg and some of the others here at my local drive through, but the Warsteiner is another issue.

I may have to go through an online importer and pay big, but ...

I sometimes forget how much fun it is to be a Satanist and to just indulge without any type of guilt at all.

Here's to indulgence!

#57208 - 07/20/11 08:34 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: ]
Daafje666 Offline
pledge

Loc: The Netherlands
Warsteiner is great beer indeed!
Luckily it is pretty much standard available in supermarkets here in The Netherlands.
If you liked Warsteiner then I think you will definitly enjoy 'Hertog Jan.' It's the best Dutch beer and is loved by many Germans too.

So keep an eye out for it, it might even let you put Warsteiner on second place ;\)

#57222 - 07/20/11 03:14 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Daafje666]
Anubisstar Offline
stranger

Loc: Canada
My favorite drink is Vodka. My favorite brand is Wyborowa (polish wodka)...its pretty good. Wyborowa also tastes good if you take it plain (no water needed). I haven't tried it with orange juice or any other non-alcoholic drink but that will probably taste even better.

Edited by Anubisstar (07/20/11 03:17 PM)

#57249 - 07/21/11 02:02 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Anubisstar]
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
If money allows I drink Guiness and Jamesen. Sometimes a kettle one dirty martini. Otherwise I drink whatever is cheap. PBR is typically what I drink.

#57269 - 07/21/11 12:41 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Zach_Black]
toodarkpark Offline
stranger

Loc: mi
Newkastle or labatt max ice

#57294 - 07/22/11 08:04 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: toodarkpark]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
Favorites may not equate to shit I can buy every day of the week. I still remember my sojourn in Champagne . . . Cristal was fruit forward, unassuming and awesome. DP was overly yeasty and needlessly restrained. La Grande Dame was balanced, yet uneventful. And unfortunately, my bottle of vintage Krug was corked (actually the one I was looking forward to the most, it's supposedly the best in Champagne structurally).

My best bottles of Bordeaux have all been aged excellent vintage second growths - 89 Lynch-Bages may have been my best experience in wine (still haven't had a mature Petrus), but I probably should've sat on that 94 Mouton for another decade. Needless to say, I loathe Burgundy (and Pinot Noir in general), but a bottle of a DRC "second tier" showed me the true potential of that particular grape.

My favorite bottles in the $50 range tend to be California Cabs (Gallo, believe it or not, has an awesome vintage Sonoma Cab), just because at that price range, you're trading tannic structure for fruit in a hurry. And CA wines in general tend to offer the most "bang for the buck" at low-mid price range, especially given the fruit-forwardness and need for less aging (don't mistake Silver Oak for such a rough beast, though).

If you've got $125 to drop on a bottle of red, and you happen to be in a restaurant that has it, snap up a bottle of Pahlmeyer Merlot (if it was a good vintage year), it might compare to a Petrus at 1/150th the price. I can't say for sure, as Petrus is well beyond my means, but I know good Merlot, and Pahlmeyer bottles it.

Whites always tend to be more affordable than reds, so always select a Burgundy over a CA Chard, unless you happen to be a fan of Oak. The French structural balance is much more noticeable at affordable $ in their whites (unless you happen to like Rhone-style reds).

But if you're rollin' white, you can generally get a serviceable bottle for 1/3 the price of a comparable red. Always pair the wine with the food, though, and ask for a sommelier if you don't know what you're doing. And if you want a cheap wine bill, eat Italian.

JK (certified wine consultant)

#57347 - 07/22/11 05:02 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: blackdragon31560]
nightowl Offline
Douchebag
stranger

heinikens little kings
i like the skunkyness of corona
or budwieser bottles
i can't drink cheap beer
you want to get cheap buy some milwaukis finest or red and white label nasty shit

#57726 - 07/28/11 09:21 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: nightowl]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
All right. I intended to read all 16 pages to make sure no one took my answer, but after the first five pages or so I got bored and decided to just give my answer and fuck it if anyone said it before me.

I don’t have a favorite drink. My purpose for drinking is to get a buzz. I tend to lean toward cheap vodka mixed with a diet soda because a) It’s cheap, and b) It doesn’t pack on the pounds the way beer and girly drinks do.

#58490 - 08/22/11 09:42 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: blackdragon31560]
Squiddles Offline
stranger

Loc: California
For tequila I'd have to go with Chamucos reposado. It's damn smooth stuff, but I don't know how widely available it is outside of California (and Mexico, where it is made).

I don't have much of a taste for other spirits.

#58508 - 08/23/11 03:43 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Squiddles]
Clow Abhorred Offline
stranger

I personally don't have a favourite drink. I do often drink red whine and sometimes in really hot weather a Belgian beer like Duvel, Franziskaner etc. I also drink Long Island.
#58746 - 08/31/11 04:53 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: ]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
I'm Latvian and Latvia is famous with beers. The most delicious is Užavas (it comes from west Latvia region Kurzeme, historically it was named Kurland), then comes Valmiermuižas (it comes from Central-North part, where I live... from Vidzeme) and third of my favorite is Tērvetes... (It comes from South region - Zemgale)... and when I'm in east-Latvia I always get some beer from Kraslava.

Here is a bit information about these 4 kind of Latvian beers: http://www.valmiermuiza.lv/en/news (in English), http://www.tervete.lv , http://www.uzavas-alus.lv and http://labsalus.lv/beer-guide (It's the guide in Latvian beer world)

Welcome to Latvia!

I am real fan of beers... \:o

#58794 - 09/02/11 11:25 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: TornadoCreator]
pryehah Offline
stranger

Loc: Nova Scotia
I would have to say Absinthe number 1 and Vodka number 2. However wine is sometimes good, depends on the day i guess.
#58983 - 09/08/11 09:50 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: pryehah]
Set Offline
stranger

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
Dickel whiskey is #1. Oh, and tequila is ok too I guess.

#59020 - 09/10/11 09:02 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Set]
Ses Offline
stranger

Loc: Bucks, England
Personally I have a few favorite drinks;

Corona (Ice Cold) with lemon or lime
Double Vodka redbull / Lemonade(Smirnoff)
Budweiser (Ice Cold)

#60989 - 11/03/11 03:36 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: ]
MikeAndsaddie Offline
stranger

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
 Originally Posted By: MatthewJ1
I like beer for sure.

On my recent holiday I went from one German town to another and drank a glass or two of beer each day. I love German beer!

My favourite German beer is called Warsteiner. I don't know if anyone here has tried this beer, but wow!

My partner and I were having a farewell dinner, with her family, in Berlin before we boarded a train to take us across the country and into Switzerland.

Her uncle suggested I try the Warsteiner. He said it was his favourite beer. This beer had the cleanest, most beautiful taste and colour I have ever had in a beer, with a dry edge to it.

I am now addicted to Warsteiner, but of course am having trouble getting it here in Australia. I can get Furstenberg and some of the others here at my local drive through, but the Warsteiner is another issue.

I may have to go through an online importer and pay big, but ...

I sometimes forget how much fun it is to be a Satanist and to just indulge without any type of guilt at all.

Here's to indulgence!

That by far is the best beer I have ever tasted.....I prefer whiskey and coke, but if I had to drink beer it would be that one.....I don't always drink beer..but when I do...I prefer...Warsteiner.......haha

Page 16 of 22 « First<1415161718>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Fnord, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.