Page 3 of 7 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#46866 - 01/15/11 08:33 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Mindmaster]
Opacus Offline
stranger

Loc: Hell
Thanks for the reply.

I do a lot of rituals myself as I find them enthralling.

Well, I don't do as many as I used to, I don't seem to need to, but you know what I mean.

I have had extremely strange experiences in the chamber, and some startling results.

But I still hold that it is just misunderstood/not yet found mind technology that does it.

O.

Edited by Opacus (01/15/11 08:34 PM)
Edit Reason: As always, spelling

#46874 - 01/16/11 04:04 AM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Fnord]
Mindmaster Offline
pledge

Loc: Detroit, MI
 Originally Posted By: Fnord

I won't fault you if it works for you, just don't think of others as not quite as evolved because they haven't made the same leaps that you've made.

Nope, that's not what I think about it. Really, I just think different people walk different paths. My path is leading me in certain directions, and that's really all I've meant. You have to understand that I don't consider those phases better or worse just different. I was perfectly happy with my situation at all points in time with the exception of the time where I was trapped in a Catholic hell. I'm merely following my course to it's conclusion, as I have already made the decision to follow it.

Actual ritual magic requires beliefs that LaVey Satanists aren't allowed to have. \:\) There is nothing above or below you, and nothing particularly divine about yourself you are just a man or woman. At this juncture you cannot bite and the hermetic apple before you, and thus deny yourself access. If there is nothing outside of yourself the logically there is no reason to go messing about looking for it. You can't be your own god either really as you don't believe in one. (in a real sense)

I'm not going to lead you in a circle, but you see a bit of the dilemma I had faced. There are many questions, and no real hard answers just a few that you can live with and a few you cannot. I realized that ultimately the final stage of apotheosis is denied to a Atheist after some careful thought. You do not have to believe in Satan as a deity, but you have to believe in yourself as one and to become one you must know what that means. To know what that really is you have to experience some sort of direct contact with something like in kind. Similar to how you would become a professional in a sport if you so desired you would have to spend a lot of time practicing and getting your chops to even be making a serious effort of it. All of my efforts are in this direction, and not generally towards any silly mundane concern.

Enough for now... I'm sure this is enough to provide a few moments of deep thought. \:\)

#46939 - 01/17/11 12:54 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Mindmaster]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: Mindmaster

Actual ritual magic requires beliefs that LaVey Satanists aren't allowed to have. \:\)

No it doesn't. Ritual magic can be treated as a scientific experiment. One can follow the steps and observe the results. There is no need for belief. The objective was either achieved or it was not was not achieved. Belief comes into play when someone achieves a result and then tries to ascribe a meaning to that result. Some will make great leaps and cast reason aside, others will continue to experiment.

There is nothing above or below you, and nothing particularly divine about yourself you are just a man or woman.

Perhaps just a man or woman who could be in a wider reality than the five senses will convey under normal circumstances. Nothing above and nothing below completely ignores the possibility of something beside.

At this juncture you cannot bite and the hermetic apple before you, and thus deny yourself access. If there is nothing outside of yourself the logically there is no reason to go messing about looking for it. You can't be your own god either really as you don't believe in one. (in a real sense)

You've packaged Satanism incorrectly. Just because one doesn't have 'belief' doesn't mean he has no interest in pursuing that which seems mysterious. This is where LaVey's words "Satanism demands study" would be particularly applicable. Satanism is constant doubt+study+application that originates from within.

There are many questions, and no real hard answers just a few that you can live with and a few you cannot.

Which would be precisely why, in my opinion, assigning the unknown to some faceless deity 'out there' in order to put it in a neat little box seems the easy way out in most cases (I'd exclude the ToS from criticism here because their method is wholly supportive of the individual path and that individual's role in it, with or without regard to 'Set').

To know what that really is you have to experience some sort of direct contact with something like in kind. Similar to how you would become a professional in a sport if you so desired you would have to spend a lot of time practicing and getting your chops to even be making a serious effort of it. All of my efforts are in this direction, and not generally towards any silly mundane concern.

So you've been walking with the gods? Care to share an experience or two? I'm not ridiculing the idea, I'm just interested in how it works.

Also, regarding mundane concerns, I'd suggest not straying too far away from them. The cold, hard reality of the objective world can be rather demanding should some of those concerns lie awaiting attention.

Enough for now... I'm sure this is enough to provide a few moments of deep thought. \:\)

Rather pretentious of you, but ok.

#46959 - 01/17/11 07:39 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Fnord]
BaronVonShankly Offline

Loc: London
I was very very suprised he left to be 100% honest with everyone, theres somthing about the way that he was in interviews etc that gave the impression that the guy was a complete lifer with the CoS.
#46972 - 01/17/11 10:52 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: BaronVonShankly]
manofsteel Offline

Loc: Indiana U.S.
Very good insight and I have to agree. I guess that just goes to show you that anything can change in the blink of an eye. Hell, for all we know this site could be completely changed tomorrow. I sure hope not though. I watched some of his videos and I believe you are right.

#46990 - 01/18/11 04:24 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: BaronVonShankly]
The Zebu Online

Loc: Orlando, FL
From what I could gather in interviews, his parents actually introduced him to the CoS and he had participated since a very young age. So it seems he's been involved in Satanism for almost his whole life.

#47041 - 01/19/11 11:20 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Jason King]
nocTifer Offline
pledge

Loc: Khazakstan
 Originally Posted By: Jason King
 Originally Posted By: Diavolo
I'm curious because I hear Ventrue also flirts with the vampires.
His name should tell you enough.

indeed. his first name was Lestat!

#47112 - 01/20/11 11:37 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: nocTifer]
TrollovGrimness Offline
stranger

Loc: Montreal
Oh dear..

Temple Of The Vampire

[...]

WTF is up with them? I'll be straight up I was a member for a while and I bought a bunch of the books and got to the 2nd level then wrestled a lot with what other people were going on about beyond that point. Up to that point I was in agreement with what they were saying, by and large. Fine. I thought it was interesting.

But I was fortunate that..
I had seen this all before I found the TOV. I knew people in real life who introduced me to reiki. I took their word on it found similarity with TOV and people into reiki within that organization so my questions on that was answered. I really never sat well with the darkness and vampiricness but felt it was better than fluffy buddhist flowery people.

I'll be blunt:

On my facebook there is a community of over 150 people interested in reiki located near Montreal alone . And yet the TOV claim to be the only legitimate form of this practice. Clearly, they are not. And yes I know of folks as 'powerful' as they are. And they're not TOV members.

I met a girl and moved in with her (still am) and had to face the fact that I could never sell the vampire thing to anyone else. Its not interesting to them. I found Satanism when I was pretty young like around the age of 14 and I saw familiar faces in the TOV. It was also a lot cheaper initially to be apart of and was hoping I could meet like minded people. I was the only Montreal member that I knew of. But had I not been familiar with the CoS I would not have joined. For me it was who I thought I knew or at least knew of not what it was, and the person/people I met in my real physical life that inspired my interest to pursue what this reiki stuff was all about is what lead me on that path to the TOV.

Obviously, none of the reiki people I am familiar with are interested in the TOV. None of the TOV's books are in the library nor the bookstores here. they're nothing if they can't even mass publish a paperback.

PS:
I wish I had come here a long time ago. You're much more open and friendly than the other assholes. There is an article about Laibach on the CoS page now and I think they should be smacked hard for that. They're an insult to what Laibach are about. Its towards the bottom of the theory+practice page its an article by Moynihan about NSK. The 150+ reiki Montreal people is a number at least 4 times the size of the TOV.

Edited by TrollovGrimness (01/20/11 11:53 PM)

#47149 - 01/21/11 04:35 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: TrollovGrimness]
JWG Offline
pledge

Just a few things concerning your post.

I don't think the Vampire Temple is concerned about "selling" the "Vampiric" thing to anyone. I'd say find people who are already interested in such things. Their whole thing is how the majority of people naturally do not wish to pursue the idea of immortality with any seriousness. The people who do have this desire are "of the Blood" (metaphorically speaking of course).

The idea of working with a 'Lifeforce' (chi, ki, prana, Akasha, etc) is one working hypothesis the Temple displays as part of their Nightside aspect as you probably know? This is not something people are supposed to "believe in." If you read their motto and the whole premise of the Temple, it's to NOT take belief in anything, and to test things for yourself and validate claims. This is also not something the Temple claims they are the "only ones" who work with such 'life force.'

Their theories and reason for doing so is much different than reiki from my limited understanding of it. No?

I guess I just don't see where your problem is? Nothing of what I read that you were concerned with makes much relevant sense to me.

#47268 - 01/23/11 06:01 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: JWG]
TrollovGrimness Offline
stranger

Loc: Montreal
As I said I was confidently able to ascribe to the 2nd Degree. Which means.. I effectively testified that Chi, Prana, Ki, etc.. Lifeforce (what they call it), is REAL, that I practice and live life under that reality. They are clear enough on it being 'Truth & Metaphor'. But the assumption I had and my understanding was that a member's goal was to move from practicing their ritual and teachings on good faith first.. as in trust in them enough to give it a go so to speak.. then reaching an understanding from your experience as to its reality. What I was saying earlier is that I think from 3rd Degree and above is where it gets muddy and at that point the metaphor is inseparable from what they think they believe.

They lost me there.

I was later able to verify more of their claims away from them. Nemo once wrote something of OOBE (Out Of Body Experience) and he said that you don't have to feel like you're leaving your body to go OOBE and when he said that I was able to understand better. It's your conscious or imagination I suppose that you can begin to verity going somewhere. Hard to explain. Anyway... Though from the beginning and from their literature this is not clear. I think they influence too much of what their members think of what they're doing. They're ascribing a lot of language to it that is both unnecessary and frankly confusing.

I'm glad I am not reading anything they are saying about it. It's like painting something a color you really dont like. Even if the thing itself is ok I don't understand the delivery of the information. I am better left to explore the topic on my own.

I might buy their other books sometime but I don't think they give good value for your dollar. their dissemination of information is a crock of shit. thats really what is wrong. also, their description and metaphors suck. and thats really all they are . they're just another 'pitch'.

This image expresses my feelings on them

Edited by TrollovGrimness (01/23/11 06:16 PM)

#48307 - 02/07/11 01:49 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: TrollovGrimness]
Shaytan Offline
stranger

http://www.cultofcthulhu.net/2011/02/nyarlathotep-diabolus-rex/comment-page-1/
#48318 - 02/07/11 06:07 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Shaytan]
AgainstTheDark Offline
lurker

Loc: UK
If there was the slightest doubt that Satanism is a singularly Atheistic religion and philosophy, enough material could be found in The Satanic Bible. Add to that the chapter "What, the devil?" in The Satanic Scriptures by Magus Peter H Gilmore and the matter moves beyond discussion. The fact that the Church of Satan has publicly turfed out one of it's members for being a devil worshipper is applauded by myself to the Nth degree and then some. The message has been sent out. Satanists are atheists. Want to 'Commune' with 'Dark Gods' kids? Go and join Louis Martel aka Magister Nemo at the Vampire Temple!

Edited by AgainstTheDark (02/07/11 06:07 PM)

#48319 - 02/07/11 06:24 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: AgainstTheDark]
Mahakala Offline
lurker

I'm glad to see Magus Diabolus Rex be true to his own Will and strike it out on his own. I've admired his artwork for many years and would be interested in knowing what the man thinks. He believes in a literal Prince of Darkness, I would like to know what led him to that conclusion. I was also happy to see the other interviews and writings available on the Cult of Cthulhu website. Thanks to OP for providing the link!
#48320 - 02/07/11 06:41 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: AgainstTheDark]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: AgainstTheDark
The fact that the Church Of Satan has publicly turfed out one of it's members for being a devil worshipper is applauded by myself to the Nth degree and then some.

*sigh*

"On this date I have formally resigned my position and membership in the Church of Satan. Due to steadily escalating incompatibilities between my perspectives regarding the nature and philosophy of Black Magick, with critical note of my knowledge and conviction of the existence of the preternatural Being defined as the Prince of Darkness, and the historical position of the Church of Satan with regard to this matter, I resign my position as Magister Templi and Priest of Mendes."

He resigned. The COS is quick to oust anything they perceive as a threat to themselves by pointing the finger saying our way is the only way, they are clearly not one of us they are false. Not much different than many a christian.

I see Derrick seems more successful with his own web club than he did here or with his game. If any of you see "I am the way" aka VS tell him ta2zz says hello... ;\) I guess calling on the power of the hulk can work for some.

~T~

#48322 - 02/07/11 07:04 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Shaytan]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Shaytan
http://www.cultofcthulhu.net/2011/02/nyarlathotep-diabolus-rex/comment-page-1/

Thanks for the link but did you have any thoughts on the matter? Anything to say other than to cut and paste an address to another website?

I try reading what he says and take it seriously but then I see his picture and I'm sorry. While I'm not one to judge someone much by the container I do judge by how they choose to decorate it.

He goes on to say:
I am, and have been, in contact with preternatural beings of various frequencies and manifestations since my earliest beginnings in the Black Arts.

A new power has arisen. A non terrestrial emanation and complex vibration of the deepest frequency, the Chaos frequency. Chaos is the Word of the Aeon and I Diabolus Rex am it’s Magus and Engineer.

The first part they have drugs for the second part being the engineer of chaos well come now really? This is why you see articles like this where they are easily swallowed and written for the specific audience. Engineered chaos probably floats with Derricks cultists.

Chaos happens, once it has been planned it is no longer chaotic.

I am the way, I am the engineer of chaos. Me well I am but a man smarter than some and clearly not as delusional as most.

Enjoy

~T~

Page 3 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.