Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#48324 - 02/07/11 07:14 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: AgainstTheDark]
StarlessAeon Offline
stranger

Quote:
Go and join Louis Martel aka Magister Nemo at the Vampire Temple!

Just correcting you...it's Lucas Martel.

#48326 - 02/07/11 07:19 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Mahakala]
StarlessAeon Offline
stranger

I would say I respect his decision to leave. I have nothing against the C/S personally, but it was his choice and makes sense if it no longer fit his paradigm.
#48335 - 02/07/11 10:44 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: ta2zz]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Planned chaos is still chaos. It's just not any more chaotic than any other event in the universe (such as me typing up this little response while my chicken curry simmers on the stovetop).

It's always a nice plus to be more conscious of chaos, but neglect of immediately-perceptible reality leaves you doing little more than grasping at phantasms.

As Rex's little manifesto tells, it seems like he's come down with a textbook case of Magus-itis. Placing too much faith in "frequencies" and "emanations", and a bloated ego to boot. Yeah, sure, a CoS luminary like him should be able to round up a good following, but probably not anything extraordinarily different from every other Tom, Dick, and Harry who suddenly realized they're the herald of a new age in human consciousness.

It's a little disheartening that Lovecraftian occultists almost always miss the point of old Howie's stories entirely... You are not special. You are an insignificant molecule of dust, a minor aberration of biology whose entire perception of reality is only a single droplet in the incomprehensible sea of chaos that constitutes cosmic infinity. Cthulhu will eat you, regardless of whether you join his fan club or not (though, admittedly, it is a pretty happenin' joint).

[end poetical wax]

To all would-be maguses... PLEASE! No new Aeons! It's a total bitch keeping track of them all.

Edited by The Zebu (02/07/11 10:45 PM)

#48362 - 02/08/11 07:02 AM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: ta2zz]
Shaytan Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: ta2zz

Originally Posted By: Shaytan
http://www.cultofcthulhu.net/2011/02/nyarlathotep-diabolus-rex/comment-page-1/

Thanks for the link but did you have any thoughts on the matter? Anything to say other than to cut and paste an address to another website?

I try reading what he says and take it seriously but then I see his picture and I'm sorry. While I'm not one to judge someone much by the container I do judge by how they choose to decorate it.

He goes on to say:
I am, and have been, in contact with preternatural beings of various frequencies and manifestations since my earliest beginnings in the Black Arts.

A new power has arisen. A non terrestrial emanation and complex vibration of the deepest frequency, the Chaos frequency. Chaos is the Word of the Aeon and I Diabolus Rex am it’s Magus and Engineer.

The first part they have drugs for the second part being the engineer of chaos well come now really? This is why you see articles like this where they are easily swallowed and written for the specific audience. Engineered chaos probably floats with Derricks cultists.

Chaos happens, once it has been planned it is no longer chaotic.

I am the way, I am the engineer of chaos. Me well I am but a man smarter than some and clearly not as delusional as most.

Enjoy

~T~

I have profound respect for Diabolus Rex. I like his works and his appearance.
Metaphorically I could say he is an Exarch of Hell. However he is a theistic Satanist, I'm not.
I would like to know much about his thought on this "Prince of Darkness".

Sorry for my English if there are any faults.

#48368 - 02/08/11 09:45 AM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Shaytan]
Gueheriet Offline
stranger

I think he´s a pretty intelligent man and his magical experiments, specially The Ragnarok Engine, are pretty interesting and probably way ahead the magical practice of the average satanist. So I may be interested on anything he has to say about magic, but if he expects people to join him on his new "TOS with a lil bit of Chaos Magick and a pinch of August Derleth" thing he´s really out of his mind. I ask myself is if he has also left the TOV.
#48369 - 02/08/11 10:31 AM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Gueheriet]
Opacus Offline
stranger

Loc: Hell
I'd be curious to know what his thought process was for this as well.

The end of that sounded really bad. Magus disease indeed.

Truthfully, it sounds like he lost his marbles.

O.

#48376 - 02/08/11 12:08 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: The Zebu]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

I do agree with most you say but this.

Originally Posted By: The Zebu
Planned chaos is still chaos. It's just not any more chaotic than any other event in the universe (such as me typing up this little response while my chicken curry simmers on the stovetop).

Once something is planned chaos is lost. Planning something is in effect giving structure and meaning to something that is without structure. Therefore while you could plan to cause something to effect chaos on others the initial push to put things in motion is not chaotic at all.

Typing while simmering chicken is chaotic in what way?

Now were you to be typing this response and not paying attention as your kitchen caught fire due to a sudden surge in the flame or some equally random event that would involve the chaos factor.

Maybe we define this differently I consider the opposite of luck to be firmly planted in this chaos factor of the universe.

Simply put shit happens...

#48381 - 02/08/11 01:34 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: ta2zz]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I admit I am not too impressed by the looks of Rex but since he's an "artist", he can get away with it. I'm sure if he was a gynecologist, he'd suffer more consequences. But hey, it's his thing, so I hardly can be bothered.

About his new and self-developed thought-process, I can't but agree that he is mad indeed. He should realize that any real satanist only uses thought-processes developed by others and affirmed by those who have the right credentials. The moment we start making up our own mind and define our own reality, we should be mocked and ridiculed indeed. That surely isn't satanic at all.

D.

#48393 - 02/08/11 02:56 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Diavolo]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Honestly..who cares?

What has rex church ever done or said that is in any way deep or meaningful? Just another guy worshipping the dark lord..throw him in the bin with the rest.

If it wasn't for his extreme appearance, nobody would give a fuck.

#48402 - 02/08/11 04:22 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Dan_Dread]
Shaytan Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
Honestly..who cares?

What has rex church ever done or said that is in any way deep or meaningful? Just another guy worshipping the dark lord..throw him in the bin with the rest.

If it wasn't for his extreme appearance, nobody would give a fuck.

There is a topic, there are posts, so I think some individuals are interested.
Nothing personal but I think you have no need to complain about this.
I appreciate your others posts in the forum but you're very solipsistic here.

Edited by Shaytan (02/08/11 04:23 PM)

#48406 - 02/08/11 04:34 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Shaytan]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Well, overlooking the fact that you misused the word solipsistic, you can take you hall monitor bullshit and stuff it up your ass. What you appreciate or don't means less than nothing to me.

With that said, I think my point is perfectly reasonable. That many choose to metaphorically suck the mans dick says nothing of his actual accomplishments or philosophy, which seem vacuous at best.

I ask again, what has the man done to set him apart besides his freakish appearance?

#48412 - 02/08/11 05:28 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: ta2zz]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Originally Posted By: ta2zz
Chaos stuff

I might be using the word differently-- I define chaos as the primal nature of objective reality. To me, "order" is only a minor subset of chaos that refers to sensory perception and physical laws that allow the human organism to interact it its immediate surroundings. Therefore I consider everything to be inherently chaotic, although we as humans are most aware of this chaos when we are confronted with something that violates our perception of order (ie, my kitchen catching fire).

As far as Rex goes, I don't think he's "mad" per se, just deluded. Lots of people in the occult start out with a good head on their shoulders until they fall into some rut of unreason, where their logical faculties are handicapped, and the only thing running is their imagination.

Edited by The Zebu (02/08/11 05:30 PM)

#48438 - 02/09/11 02:09 AM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Dan_Dread]
Shaytan Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread

I ask again, what has the man done to set him apart besides his freakish appearance?

His artworks and his utilisation of Aesthetic Terrorism.

#48511 - 02/09/11 03:41 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Shaytan]
myk5 Offline

This is all new to me, Diabolus Rex is new to me. The cult of cthulu isn't new to me, but that's likely due to being introduced to them in their beginnings, possibly, by fellow chaos magicians a few years ago.

So the fact there's this discussion about him validates Diabolus to a degree. His ideas are quite intriguing to me, which is a serious complement. His look to me... well when someone goes to such lengths to make themselves different my kneejerk reaction is to interpret terror at being the same. But it is non the less a serious commitment, burning the bridge of social acceptability, and so the body mods commands respect on that level. I do wonder how he support himself, the look lends itself to performance.

As he presents himself in his interviews, I'm struck by the high tone of his voice, and the calm and passive nature his vocal styling projects to my hearing, at odds with his physical presentation.

His thoughts are well developed. I'm not allergic to his sense of the devil having reality without. He's right that magical traditions almost always indulge the idea of spiritual powers without, the the atheistic model is new. My background in chaos magic, playing with thought forms, has me wonder if all spirits believed to be without might not instead be thought forms. But I am adamant about not knowing, I do not know.

#48517 - 02/09/11 07:22 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: myk5]
AgainstTheDark Offline
lurker

Loc: UK
I'm hoping that this is the snowball that starts the avalanche in the CoS with High Priest Gilmore finally removing the leech on his arse that is The Vampire Temple headed by shyster Louis Martel and associates. For the first time in a number of years, the CoS has publicly removed a Devil Worshipper from their midst and in doing so has sent a message to the deluded bible-thumping nutters that believe in external deities that such beliefs are simply not acceptable in the modern Church of Satan. I congratulate him on this move, and wish him the best.
Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.