Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#46532 - 01/11/11 02:18 PM Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan
Jake999 Offline

From The Church of Satan Website:

"Magister Diabolus Rex has resigned his title and membership in the Church of Satan effective January 1 due to the incompatibility of his personal belief in a literally existing “Prince of Darkness” and the fundamental Atheism of the philosophy of Anton Szandor LaVey. We wish him well on his new path."

#46533 - 01/11/11 02:34 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Jake999]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

That was the dude with all the piercings and horn implants, right?

Edit: yep.

I wonder if he always believed in a "literally existing 'Prince of Darkness'" and they just found out about it or if this was a recently reached conclusion.

Shouldn't be very long before he has an organization of his own - assuming he doesn't already.

Edited by 6Satan6Archist6 (01/11/11 02:35 PM)

#46536 - 01/11/11 03:04 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Jake999 Offline

You know, 6, I haven't read enough about his beliefs to make any kind of assessment as to whether he's always been theistic, or this is some kind of recent epiphany. But one would assume that if he made it to Magister within the Church of Satan (which categorically denies any anthropomorphic manifestations of "Satan"), he was at least keeping mum about it, or couching his words in metaphor so that there would always be that shadow of a doubt.

Still, he was (and is) a hell of an artist and sculptor, had a following amongst the rank and file of the Church of Satan. How many will follow him through the door is anybody's guess.

#46539 - 01/11/11 03:51 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Jake999]
Mocking bird Offline
stranger

Loc: England
wow. What an interesting looking dude, sure would not like to walk into him down an alley.

Well I believe he voiced his views on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5x0993GBMQ

it has 9 parts

#46540 - 01/11/11 04:11 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Mocking bird]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

It reminds me a bit of "the drummer left the band because of musical differences." Mostly there is more to it.

In the wind it's whispered he might not be the only Magister to leave. Who knows, the vampires might try it on their own.

If, there won't be much left from that carcass called CoS.

D.

#46544 - 01/11/11 04:34 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Diavolo]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Yes, I am also wondering about Magister Nemo.

I think someone here claimed that Nemo had made some fundamental changes to his philosophy or worldview and apparently there was some sort of evidence on a Nemo's blog?

And he hasn't been near LTTD for some time from what I can see.

Is Nemo out of the CoS picture as well now?

#46546 - 01/11/11 04:39 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: ]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

No idea but the (internet) rumor mill said Nemo and Rex would leave. If, it would imply ToV and CoS part ways.

I'm curious because I hear Ventrue also flirts with the vampires. It'd be amusing should he quit too because he controls the whole online CoS package.

D.

#46553 - 01/11/11 05:10 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Diavolo]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Actually there was this old (relative to the internet) Russian E-zine called "Contra Dei"... I don't think it was ever published in English, but they had pieces from all the anti-cosmic crowd and the Res Satanae folks from what I could gather. Diabolus Rex did an interview with them a while back, and had this to say (roughly translated via Google):

Quote:
I have my own view on the embodiment of the will of the Prince of Darkness as a living "entity", but I leave [exclude?] my comments for those who understand them and consider them as being part of the doctrine of CoS (Church of Satan)

[..]

A true Satanist knows that Evil is an abstraction used to intimidate the masses, but he also knows that Satan is actually a real essence, which exists in time and space. Satan can violate the laws of the universe by changing their substance, with the Dark Forces amaterially.

Here is the original for those interested:

Contra Dei #1, Diabolus Rex

I don't know about the person himself, and his paintings look like Giger fanwanking (though technically skilled), but I always thought his sculptures were amazing.

But this whole fiasco does raise some issues. Where's Gilmore's usual high-and-mighty banter about Satan-ists being stupid devil-worshiping dolts? Selective attention much? And not to mention questions about the group's inner coherency.

Edited by The Zebu (01/11/11 05:20 PM)

#46557 - 01/11/11 05:31 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: The Zebu]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

I am all for body mods and I have to admit I also say it is a fool who doesn't look everywhere for a message. Even the village idiot can have a lesson if you take the time to listen and you can understand it.

I have come to the realization I have never listened to this mans message or even looked at his artwork as the carrot implants (horns?) make me think him silly and pointless.

I say different but I at times still judge by the container. This is something to think about.

~T~

#46561 - 01/11/11 05:40 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: ta2zz]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Well, let me the first to say, as a real guy in the real world, he is more than welcome here.

If anybody has contact with him, tell him Fist sends his regards. First round is on me....

#46566 - 01/11/11 06:39 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Fist]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
I read about this first last night on Diabolus Rex's facebook page. I though about inviting him to posting here at the 600 Club, that would be cool! I didn't know he was a theist. In his interviews now looking back it is obvious that he was a theist. Namely in his interviews about his Ragnarok Engine, "a literal demon forge," and I'm paraphrasing. Nevertheless, I still respect the man - he is smart as Hell. Conducting rituals carried out on the quantum level. Yeah, that's way over my head haha.
#46570 - 01/11/11 07:24 PM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Jake999]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Back in the 1980s Rex Church was an Adept II° of the Temple of Set for awhile, but I got the impression that he was emotionally more drawn to Satanic themes & imagery. Hey, sometimes I miss the "old spooky days" myself. He departed the Temple politely as I recall.

While a Setian he was certainly noted for his talented artwork. He had shaved his head & grown a goatee a la ASLV, but no other body-mods back then.

#46599 - 01/12/11 12:59 AM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: Fist]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Fist
Well, let me the first to say, as a real guy in the real world, he is more than welcome here.

Hmm then we could tell him how foolish his body mods are to a street fighter perhaps?

I agree he is welcomed to try to make the cut here. As stated before silly me judging someone by their look or container. I need work on this.

Real people are always so much more substantial than all these fake cybers... ;\)

Honestly I cannot see a theist putting up with the ignorance displayed here at times.

Satan's advocate

~T~

#46605 - 01/12/11 02:23 AM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: ta2zz]
manofsteel Offline

Loc: Indiana U.S.
I have to agree a lot with you. But on the other hand he also I'm sure could have a lot of insight and good conversation pieces on here. Hey, whatever flavor people want. I'm sure a lot of people here cold gain a lot of insight from him. Especially if you want to have horns of your own!

#46627 - 01/12/11 10:14 AM Re: Magister Diabolus Rex Leaves the Church of Satan [Re: ]
Wolflust Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: MatthewJ1
Yes, I am also wondering about Magister Nemo.

I think someone here claimed that Nemo had made some fundamental changes to his philosophy or worldview and apparently there was some sort of evidence on a Nemo's blog?

And he hasn't been near LTTD for some time from what I can see.

Is Nemo out of the COS picture as well now?

Right.

Here`s the passage from his blog (which I stumbled upon at the Undercroft) that I posted once in the "Views on Magic" thread:

"All ancient magic relies upon spirit entities in one manner or another. Whether you call them devils, demons, spirits, ghosts, gods, goddesses is not relevant. If you wish to assume that you are actually the sole source of the power and you are merely using imaginary "entities" as an excuse to get past your own self doubts that is fine except that it may not work. It usually doesn't."

Though I have no clear opinion on these things, but to me it doesnt seem like it would fit under Gilmores current paradigm, even metaphorically speaking.

Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.