Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#10263 - 07/17/08 05:12 AM Re: H. P. Lovecraft [Re: Dimitri]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Loc: Cabarita, Vic, Australia
 Originally Posted By: Dimitri

I'll give you a little extrait from wikipedia to show you i have done my homework.

You do your research on wikipedia and you can't even spell 'extract' or capitalize your 'I' - conversation over; you are obviously much more knowledgeable than I.

Someone please kick me in the nuts next time I try to give someone some advice ;\)

M.'.T.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#10264 - 07/17/08 06:03 AM Re: H. P. Lovecraft [Re: Mercury_Templar]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Mercury_Templar
 Originally Posted By: Dimitri

I'll give you a little extrait from wikipedia to show you i have done my homework.

You do your research on wikipedia and you can't even spell 'extract' or capitalize your 'I' - conversation over; you are obviously much more knowledgeable than I.

Someone please kick me in the nuts next time I try to give someone some advice ;\)

M.'.T.'.

I like your sarcasm, and not everyone is perfect.
And yes this extract is from wikipedia, problem with it?
I can give you another one if you like it isn't that hard you know.

The philosophy within Satanism is about being critical and put certain things in questions wich is what i'm doing now.
Don't agree with it? Fine by me, but at least give arguments to show me i'm wrong instead of changing the subject to grammar and spelling.

#10266 - 07/17/08 07:39 AM Re: H. P. Lovecraft [Re: Dimitri]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
 Quote:

Wikipedia is not a primary source of information. Wikipedia has slightly more credibility than any other internet blog. It does not meet the credibility standards of a real Encyclopedia. To say that you have done your research on Wiki is to say that 'a guy told me.'

#10268 - 07/17/08 07:52 AM Re: H. P. Lovecraft [Re: Fist]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Well fist, you a point there.
But do not forget wikipedia also checks the information and at the end of every page there are footnotes with links to official sites where you can conclude it isn't bullshit.

Btw: to be a bit critical; the sentence 'a guy told me' cannot always put in a negative way or with a slight negative background. I can also give a whole theory or an idea and say 'a guy told me' without mentioning this "guy" is in fact a well-known professor/doctor who knows what he is talking about. (Just an example it has nothing to do with the ongoing discussion).

And like I said, I can give you other links if wanted.
Or even do a research with linguists I know and show the results.

#10275 - 07/17/08 04:41 PM Re: H. P. Lovecraft [Re: Dimitri]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

"And yes this extract is from wikipedia, problem with it?"

YES

I don't really want to discuss this one - it would be a waste of my time - but if I may suggest looking at the diaries of John Dee as well as the works of Geoffrey James and Benjamin Rowe. There are plenty of manuscripts and pdf's online with this sort of stuff. I have looked at both sides of the argument myself and I have got to say, the skeptics argument is a tad weak - I don't think they have the ability to get past their own flawed concept of talking angels.

G.'.D.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#10282 - 07/18/08 02:10 AM Re: H. P. Lovecraft [Re: Mercury_Templar]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Well, everyone believes what he wants to believe. Everyone makes his own path. If you want to believe it came from angels towards these 2 persons fine by me. I still remain sceptic about it and will not claim/use it untill the opposite is proven. Altough it looks to me to much "human".

Btw: I already said iI could give other links if wanted.

#10283 - 07/18/08 03:48 AM Re: H. P. Lovecraft [Re: Dimitri]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

"If you want to believe it came from angels towards these 2 persons fine by me."

OK you are young - I can forgive that - but where the fuck did I say this???

I know I should walk away from this one, but being misunderstood and misquoted really gives me the shits.

M.'.T.'.

PS ...and don't patronise me with this 'everyone has their own path' shit.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#10287 - 07/18/08 11:35 AM Re: H. P. Lovecraft [Re: Mercury_Templar]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Mercury_Templar
"If you want to believe it came from angels towards these 2 persons fine by me."

OK you are young - I can forgive that - but where the fuck did I say this???

I know I should walk away from this one, but being misunderstood and misquoted really gives me the shits.

M.'.T.'.

PS ...and don't patronise me with this 'everyone has their own path' shit.

Bit touchy here aren't we?
About the 2 persons I was not very clear.
Enochian keys were introduced to 2 persons by so called angels and has nothing to do with you or me. And you don't have to take about "own path" litterarly. Just wanted to say you have your ideas and I got mine. If you don't want to discuss about it by reasons I don't know, fine. But saying that you get the shits from different things doesn't help a lot. It would be much more intelligent if you came with some arguments to show me I'm wrong. I tought better of an older member. And this is not an insult or anything, I am just being critical towards behaviour and putting some reactions into question.

Edited by Dimitri (07/18/08 11:36 AM)

#10289 - 07/18/08 02:41 PM Re: H. P. Lovecraft [Re: Dimitri]
VictorGrigorii Offline
stranger

Loc: Sarasota, FL
Has anyone here very read The Dreamquest Of Unknown Kadath? What a load of crap that was. A man makes pacts with zoogs and ghouls and leads an army of cats against the tentacle-faced frogmen of the moon. I cannot stomach the fact that a religion or occult system could have been born from the mind of someone who wrote such tripe. A fifth grader could have written better.
#10290 - 07/18/08 06:05 PM Re: H. P. Lovecraft [Re: Dimitri]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

"Enochian keys were introduced to 2 persons by so called angels and has nothing to do with you or me."

I never said it did. You question my intelligence and logic when you are the one who lacks the ability to grasp what is said and what is not. I am a fool for attempting to give you advice or even converse with you - so I will tell you a joke instead:

There are two men walking through Edinburgh at night (no, it's not you and I, or Dee and Talbot). The two men are walking through a close (that's an alley for all the New World persons), when they hear two women screaming at each other, from their open windows, on opposite sides of the close. One man says to the other, "you know they will never resolve their argument", and the other man says, "how could you ever know that?" The first man simply responds with, "because they are arguing from two different premises."

M.'.T.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#10293 - 07/19/08 04:26 AM Re: H. P. Lovecraft [Re: Mercury_Templar]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

What do you call intelligence? And why step aside into a discussion if it becomes a bit interesting. Show me at least a bit logic. All I heard of your side is you get the shits from different things, recommended me a few books and only gets upset if I say everyone has his own path he follows.

But to get back to the normal topic before you start nagging again; Why do you think the skeptics argument is weak?
Give me some examples why you think so?

Btw: the little joke you made is almost the same remark I have been giving in my last replies.

#23532 - 04/19/09 09:06 PM Re: H. P. Lovecraft [Re: Amina]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Amina
I have an off-topic question in connection with Lovecraft: LaVey (or was it actually Aquino) used Lovecraft in two of the rituals in The Satanic Rituals. The rituals include the "unknown language" of the ancient ones (or what ever it is called). Does anyone know if they made it up by themselves, borrowed it from somewhere or wrote it with the help on some dictionary inspirered by Lovecraft mythos?

The long answer: See Chapter #22 in my Church of Satan ebook and its Appendices concerning those rituals.

The short answer: In 1971 Anton, who was then writing & assembling his Satanic Rituals, asked me if I would write a Lovecraft ritual for it. I invented the "Yuggothic" and sent him the "Ceremony of the Nine Angles" in it. He liked it, but said that what he had really had in mind was a Cthulhu-type water ritual. So I sent him the "Call to Cthulhu". He decided he wanted to include both in the book, and asked for an introductory essay, which I provided [in English].

We both expected that these "real" rituals would send the HPL community into a tizzy, which is more or less what happened, until I took pity on them and contributed an explanatory article to the HPLzine Nyctalops (also in COS), which gave everyone a good laugh.

As to what the HPL section might have turned out like had Anton written it, well, a short time later he sent me his "Nocturnal Lurker", which had me on the floor. But I guess I understand why Diane wouldn't let him use it for the book ...

THE NOCTURNAL LURKER
- by Anton Szandor LaVey

You may think I am mad when you read this letter, my dear Rudolph. I don't know myself whether I am mad or not. After what I have been through, it would be strange indeed if I were to remain totally sane. This note, in any case, will lay out the grave reasons for which I apparently took my own life: you will see, though, that it was not myself who was killed by the poison, but a mere shell inhabited by the vilest of PARASITES!

I have a good Christian background. My mother died before I was born, while my father was at sea - his ship was lost with all hands in the nether regions of Antarctica. Thus orphaned, I was raised by Jesuits in their monastery at Arkham. They taught me to mortify my flesh, and it is ironic, somehow, that the hideous beast would choose a body such as mine for its foul purpose.

My life was wholly unremarkable until my thirteenth birthday. About that time I noticed a strange creature - an indescribably grotesque monster - you will think that my madness has the better of me, but I swear it was like a BLIND ONE-EYED WORM WITH TWO LOATHSOME HAIRY GROWTHS on its ventral side towards its rear.

The hideous animal had attached itself to my body. I knew, even at that young age, that I must somehow prevent this horror from propagating itself. I bound the area affected tightly with cloth and managed to force the flabby monstrosity up into my own body. I then set out on a search for a means to rid myself - and the world - of this filthy aberration.

I studied many obscure volumes: the Necronomicon of the Mad Arab Abdul Alhazred, Psychopathia Sexualis of Krafft-Ebbing, certain obscure writings of Saint Augustine, the Secret Protocols of the Golden Shower Queens - all these I found at the Miskatonic University Library where they were wisely kept under lock and key.

I found that there are secret sects worshipping the WORM and paying tribute to him in the most unspeakable manner. One sect calls the worm "Faggoth"; their obscene, hideous chant - nauseating to the Christian eye - is: "Ny'asty Faggoth th'uk m'a waeni!"

Other groups, composed of both men and women, practice a different ritual with another monstrous chant: "Ph'uk mei bai'bei til ma ise rol'bak!"

One particularly foul sect is called the Onans - I will say nothing of their vile and blasphemous solitary practices.

I learned certain antidotes to the worm - though there is no easy method of killing it. Saint Augustine advised the wearing of a special garment woven of thorns to hold the worm in check. Kraft-Ebbing suggested a daily dose of saltpeter. Other methods included cold showers, doing jumping-jacks in the snow unclothed, and repeated readings of the Bible. I used all these methods and had some success in controlling the force.

Finally, however, the horrible creature managed to work its will on me. I was asleep in my bed. I felt a peculiar sensation in my dream - something was growing larger and larger. It was the worm! The monstrous, ugly thing moved slowly and silently, growing ever more powerful. I desperately tried to recall the secret chant recorded in the Necronomicon, the all-powerful prayer to be used as a last resort to close the portal: "Iä, Iä, n'au jism! Iä orgon depletion!" At long last I remembered. Already the worm had me in its thrall.

I was breathless and nearly crazy from the horrid electric sensations caused by the worm's tenacious hold on my body. At length I grasped the worm and tried with all my strength to crush it, all the while screaming "Iä, Iä, Iäää! Iäääääää!"

Terrible convulsions wracked my body, and I passed out in a blinding white flash.

When I finally regained consciousness, it was daybreak. I felt that all my energy had been drained from my cells. The worm had returned to its normal state - a little more wrinkled than usual. But then, as I removed the broken remains of my thorn-garment, I saw IT! A horrible, unnameable, vile, hideous, slimy, unearthly unclean ooze! A slushy, nasty stench of decaying protein overcame me.

Since that night, I have known there is but one way to control the spectral, mocking parasite. It is no great sacrifice to destroy my defiled body - the important thing is to poison the WORM. May God have mercy on my soul.

#23534 - 04/19/09 11:36 PM Re: H. P. Lovecraft [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

The NOCTURNAL LURKER!!!! I haven't read this in years, and the first time I did, I was laughing so hard that I was in tears. Thank you for this breath of foul air from the past.

#23553 - 04/20/09 02:18 AM Re: H. P. Lovecraft [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
I usually stay out of the book section because its full of nerd stuff, but the Lovecraft heading caught my eye.
wow this is awesome. he nailed the style and speech patterns and even the bombardment of colorful adjectives.. writing to a "Rudolph", rather than a "Randall".. cult of Faggoth..haaa priceless and arcane!
thanks for posting this Dr. Aquino. great stuff.

"Ph'uk mei"~!

#23581 - 04/20/09 06:51 PM Re: H. P. Lovecraft [Re: Jake999]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: Jake999
The NOCTURNAL LURKER!!!! I haven't read this in years, and the first time I did, I was laughing so hard that I was in tears. Thank you for this breath of foul air from the past.
If it was daytime when I read The Nocturnal Lurker, I would have laughed as hard as you did the first time you read it.

Sadly, my dad is sleeping, and I wish not to wake him, so a silent mirth will have to do for now. \:D

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.