Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#48364 - 02/08/11 07:27 AM Re: What is reality? [Re: Diavolo]
Seth_W Offline
stranger

reality is a word. defined and redefined. what is reality to you?

i personally dont care if somethings real or not, if its beneficial you'll find it on my path.

#48382 - 02/08/11 01:39 PM Re: What is reality? [Re: Seth_W]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I would appreciate it if you'd only participate into these posts when you have something serious to add.

Thank you,

D.

#48445 - 02/09/11 06:31 AM Re: What is reality? [Re: Diavolo]
Seth_W Offline
stranger

i find that to be quite serious...reality is a word, its a noise with some definition behind it.reality is something that was here long before us,and were too primitive to completely understand it. in that light, who gives two shits what it is. wake up and make wise choices in this thing you call reality, thats all i meant.
#48498 - 02/09/11 02:41 PM Re: What is reality? [Re: Seth_W]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
i find that to be quite serious...reality is a word, its a noise with some definition behind it.reality is something that was here long before us,and were too primitive to completely understand it. in that light, who gives two shits what it is. wake up and make wise choices in this thing you call reality, thats all i meant.

I give you full credit for your last sentence.
When referring to oneself with the one letter word it is best to capitalize it. So it is "I" and not "i".
Learn the proper difference between "its" and "it's", "were" and "we're" and "thats"/"that's".
Capitalizing the first letter of a new sentence.

Just a little advice...

#48505 - 02/09/11 03:02 PM Re: What is reality? [Re: Seth_W]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Seth_W

Potato is a word too so it doesn't make much of an argument. This debate, or at least the last part, wasn't about reality as we live it but as we perceive it. Being able to think about reality, or of what stuff reality is made, doesn't imply one isn't able to live normally in our consensus reality.

So when you have something serious to contribute about the deeper aspects of reality, feel free. If not, leave this post to those that do.

The obvious is obvious to us too.

D.

#48545 - 02/10/11 06:42 AM Re: What is reality? [Re: mabon2010]
myk5 Offline

In the most practical sense, what is 'real' is a function of popular consensus regarding reality - this is how we personally, being human beings, are conditioned to accept reality, it is also the context within which that best allows us to share and interact with others.

When it comes to quantum weirdness and it's relationship to the usual common Newtonian view of reality, it's not a problem. On the scale most comfortable to us, Newton reigns supreme and quantum peculiarities are securely contained to a 'quantum' world. Sure, a quantum computer, it's within concept to imagine such machines becoming common place. But as it is, most of us don't really understand why a binary computer works either - so still, Newton will reign supreme!

The eastern idea of "maya" comes to mind - the delusion of the usual waking world classically juxtaposed against insights that are tough to contain in language.

In practical terms, especially the profound impact observation has on quantum phenomena, the concepts of quantum mechanics dovetail beautifully with concepts of occult power. As a chaos magician I refuse to pretend it is the truth that magic is a quantum 'butterfly effect', but I do hold the idea as a possible model. For me quantum weirdness gives me licence to believe magical weirdness, but ultimately it's about having a story to tell myself about the magic that I can accept, that makes suspending disbelief easy....

#48549 - 02/10/11 07:22 AM Re: What is reality? [Re: Diavolo]
Seth_W Offline
stranger

diavolo/dimitri,

i can tell that this could be one of those never ending talks...and fyi, i know how to type properly i just dont normally do it, i figure whether i put the ' in or not people are still gonna be able to make out the word/know what i mean which is all that matters, so i dont see it as an issue. unless what your trying to do is attack every weak point in my message to expose the idiot behind it for what he is because you failed to see my point, which dosnt really bother me.
let me explain myself a little, im numb...i dont give a fuck about much, i have a hard time seeing meaning to things, or reason in things...perhaps i entered this forum to exchange some of my inability to see the point for an ability to be able to see it from a new view, maybe i was thinking someone would tell me how this is important to them. i only know how i feel. i didnt expect to get attacked...although i know stupidity is a great sin in Satanism so i can understand your attacks, but i dont understand your assumptions. i dont consider myself stupid, ignorant yes, but stupid no...conflict of opinions i guess.

this will be my last post in this forum.
so no worries.

#48550 - 02/10/11 08:08 AM Re: What is reality? [Re: Seth_W]
Seth_W Offline
stranger

being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.

tell me and I forget. teach me and I remember. involve me and I learn.

#48551 - 02/10/11 08:59 AM Re: What is reality? [Re: Seth_W]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Stupid, ignorant,.. it doesn't matter you still didn't take my advice and are still trolling around.
If you want to be taken seriously then start writing properly as I already hinted. Your current attitude and petty post only shows you are intellectualy lazy (I even doubt there is something intellectual unside that brain).

Your ass will be served, you shall be figurally beaten if you don't get your act together. I'm also quite sure that the moderators are keeping an eye on you and their fingers ready to ban.

Fuckhead..

#48552 - 02/10/11 09:15 AM Re: What is reality? [Re: Seth_W]
SkaffenAmtiskaw Moderator Offline
veteran member

Q: How many teachers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: Only one, but the lightbulb has to want it too.

You seem to indicate a passive attitude to learning about Satanism, not to mention the above-mentioned laziness in terms of how you present yourself with seemingly intentionally sloppy spelling and grammar.

Neither of these traits is welcome here. If you want to learn something, either figure it out from what's been written before or engage in reasonable debate.

Simply saying "Reality is just a word" without buttressing your statement with anything is weak, to say the least. Consider that every word is simply a series of sounds with a very real reference point in writing, not to mention being attached to the *idea* that word represents. Often, it even has a real-world equivalent like "chair" or "trophy".

You could have taken any one of those angles if you were smart but ignorant. You did not.

However, if it is as you say, and you have no intention of coming back here ever again, we're not going to have to deal with such a situation arising ever again. I guess time will tell if this is the case.

#48557 - 02/10/11 10:06 AM Re: What is reality? [Re: Seth_W]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Seth, I find it interesting that you said, “This will be my last post in this forum.” Then 46 minutes later you posted again.

You seem to have a nihilistic “fuck it all” attitude, and that has merit to a point. Satanism is firmly grounded in cynicism toward what is considered important by society. But that is not the end, only the beginning. The next step is establishing your own path in life, determining what is important to you and working toward it.

Are you being “attacked”? Only if you choose to see it that way. You could also see it as being challenged. Whether you are up for such challenges or would rather play dead is up to you.

#48559 - 02/10/11 10:09 AM Re: What is reality? [Re: William Wright]
SkaffenAmtiskaw Moderator Offline
veteran member

I think he should get a shot at getting set up. If he learns, fine. Otherwise, you can trust in your Moderators to sort it out.

#48561 - 02/10/11 10:18 AM Re: What is reality? [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
I remember how fucked up my posts were in the beginning. However, I knew all along that if the moderators just gave me a little time, I’d get on track. Seth is establishing a pattern of ignorance that seems unlikely to change. I hope he proves me wrong.

#48568 - 02/10/11 11:54 AM Re: What is reality? [Re: William Wright]
myk5 Offline

You guys are wrong, Seth is clearly writing material that is far more compelling and interesting than anything I wrote. The proof I submit, is the evidence of your own responses.
#48570 - 02/10/11 12:18 PM Re: What is reality? [Re: myk5]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"You guys are wrong, Seth is clearly writing material that is far more compelling and interesting than anything I wrote. The proof I submit, is the evidence of your own responses."

If you feel that your writings suck, and fail, then leave.

Everyone gets a chance to show that they have a clue, can compose cohesive thoughts and can back up their opinions. People are usually not banned for being an asshole. They have to do something or say something to earn that ban.

If after 93 posts in 18 days, you feel that you should leave, then go, no one is stopping you. You previously admitted that you are not a Satanist, but more of a fluffy gay bunny looking for a way to market or pimp out chaos magic through your website.

So whatever, stay or go, but make sure your posts stay on topic and have something to do with the thread subject. You have posted enough to know the rules by now.

Morgan

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.