Page 5 of 5 <12345
Topic Options
#79838 - 08/27/13 05:43 AM Re: Polyamory (Satanic Sex chapter of Satanic Bible) [Re: HisDivineShadow]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Quote:
I am implying that many monogamous people are misanthropic. Most of the people I know who are totally committed to each other, have no friends, and rarely associate with others other than one another. What a sad life, like a rat boxed in, with only a single lever to push to get the only enjoyment out of life that it knows.

Nail/head

Shit is the pits. It starts off all well and good until one partner wants to be consumed by the other. No real interest in doing anything else, with anyone else. People wonder why long-term relationships become volatile, it's because this type of thing is just unhealthy.

#80130 - 09/02/13 08:11 AM Re: Polyamory (Satanic Sex chapter of Satanic Bible) [Re: SIN3]
Vladislav Offline
stranger

I am an advocate of non-monogamy. A reluctant one, at that.

However, what I believe most people fail to recognize is that the leap from being completely single to completely committed (to one person) is MUCH, MUCH bigger than the leap from being committed to one person to now being committed to multiple people.

It's amazing how people who say that non-monogamy is "wrong" are almost always the same people who forget that, even in a monogamous relationship, you are putting into an intimately close coexistence two separate individuals.

The notion of "true love" is sickeningly unhealthy, as presented by Disney. You are TWO people--NEVER one conjoined "soul" or any of that crap. Especially after the hormones fizz out (i.e. honeymoon stage fades away), there will be inevitable differences between who wants to do what.

RE: I am implying that many monogamous people are misanthropic. Most of the people I know who are totally committed to each other, have no friends, and rarely associate with others other than one another. What a sad life, like a rat boxed in, with only a single lever to push to get the only enjoyment out of life that it knows.

I DO believe that most monogamous couples end up in a situation as suicidally boring as the one you described. However, I don't feel that the practice of monogamy is what's to blame. I believe it's the two people practicing monogamy that are to blame.

Because, after all, most of our "friends" are nothing more than vehicles we use to find sex.

#80132 - 09/02/13 08:35 AM Re: Polyamory (Satanic Sex chapter of Satanic Bible) [Re: Vladislav]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Quote:
I don't feel that the practice of monogamy is what's to blame. I believe it's the two people practicing monogamy that are to blame.

I tend to agree with you, though there seems to be a specific type of person that is attracted to the practice of Monogamy.

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.042 seconds of which 0.03 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.