Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#47077 - 01/20/11 05:06 PM On the Choice of Human Sacrifice (Satanic Bible)
TrollovGrimness Offline
stranger

Loc: Montreal
This chapter primarily concerns itself with advising interested future self-described Satanists on what isn't Satanism instead of what is. Reading this chapter in particular it seems LaVey lost an opportunity to expand on Satanism the way he would practice it.

I'm mainly talking about the very first page of this chapter which seems like there is a ritual buried in there unto itself.. however would form the foundation to the later chapters on ritual magic if put into practice.

Past decade or so has seen a lot of people discover reiki (wikipedia this). Anton Szandor LaVey himself had an interest in the work of Dr. Wilhelm Reich.

My question is... Here on that page of the Satanic Bible LaVey seems to be advocating that practicing Satanists sacrifice their lifeforce in ritual. And he makes direct parallel to bioelectricity of the human body. This seems to be something that almost all Satanists I have seen talk about Satanic Ritual completely skip over and seems to be the #1 hurdle of Satanists including myself to understand the physical nature of ritual.

Am I mistaken or is that reiki in the Satanic Bible just hiding there inconspicuously for like 40yrs?

In the living world, orgone energy functions underlie major life processes; pulsation, streaming, and charge of the biological orgone determines the movements, actions, and behavior of protoplasm and tissues, as well as the strength of "bioelectrical" phenomena. Emotion is the ebb and flow, the charge and discharge of the orgone within the membrane of an organism, just as weather is the ebb and flow, the charge and discharge of the orgone in the atmosphere. Both organism and weather respond to the prevailing character and state of the life energy. Orgone energy functions appear across the whole of creation, in microbes, animals, stormclouds, hurricanes, and galaxies. Orgone energy is not only charges and animates the natural world; we are immersed in a sea of it, much as a fish is immersed in water. More, it is the medium which communicates emotion and perception, and made kin to all that is living.
-Dr. Wilhelm Reich

Edited by TrollovGrimness (01/20/11 05:10 PM)

#47100 - 01/20/11 09:56 PM Re: On the Choice of Human Sacrifice (Satanic Bible) [Re: TrollovGrimness]
Mindmaster Offline
pledge

Loc: Detroit, MI
Unfortunately nearly anytime _TSB_ gets near the metaphysical it seems to get weak. Certainly the focus of the work was to solidify a particular philosophy which is does very well. Blood sacrifices of any kind aren't practiced by The Church of Satan. Any speculation as to the nature of them in that context is just that, as there are no results to speak of. Mostly, that chapter is a history lesson if anything and all that is mentioned is "symbolic sacrifice". LaVey really didn't get into these matters much, but considering his book was available at every major bookstore he may have just wanted to avoid problems with parents caused by stupid teenagers.

Us traditional Satanists have a different take on these matters entirely in that we believe that we can offer our energy to a purpose with our blood. It's perhaps symbolic as well, but it is a very real offering. The amount used of course is nothing more than a pin prick would generate. Never do we use anyones but our very own in any case.

We do not view our practices as strictly symbolic either so therein lies much of the difference. Generally, the gist of it is that if you are willing to bleed for it then it is important enough for you to work your magic for it. But, some of us do not partake in that its merely personal choice.

But, a typical Satanic response would be to you... anything is allowed as long as you're not going to jail for it. :P

#47101 - 01/20/11 10:02 PM Re: On the Choice of Human Sacrifice (Satanic Bible) [Re: Mindmaster]
TrollovGrimness Offline
stranger

I recommend looking it a book called the Orgone Accumulator Handbook. LaVey in the very bottom portion of that first page of that chapter very specifically mentions it as a bioelectric energy which can be expended without shedding a single drop of blood or sacrificing any life.

its more like sacrificing and shedding emotion. Emotional bioelectric energy is held as tension in the muscles which forms a person's armor. Orgone therapy (?) deals with relaxing these tensions and a welling-up of emotion is the result.

#47187 - 01/22/11 03:20 PM Re: On the Choice of Human Sacrifice (Satanic Bible) [Re: TrollovGrimness]
Ares Offline
lurker

If you like orgone generators you might also like quartz crystals, for they can be programmed and used at various rituals to amplify your intent and thoughts, or to keep nexions open.

Real human sacrifice is still practiced today by some groups, however many of them are against involuntary sacrifices.

#47188 - 01/22/11 03:30 PM Re: On the Choice of Human Sacrifice (Satanic Bible) [Re: Ares]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

How does one "program" a crystal? Furthermore, how do they amplify thoughts and intent? If I wanted to do that I would use a PA system to announce them.

#47247 - 01/23/11 12:52 PM Re: On the Choice of Human Sacrifice (Satanic Bible) [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Ok, I have questions:

How much orgone energy does it take to power a light bulb?

How much memory can I get on a crystal?

Given all of the human sacrifices the US has made over the last 9 years of war, why is gas over $3.00 a gallon?

Can you charge a Chevy Volt off an orgone generator? Can you prime the pump with fresh souls?

What frequency is an orgone generator working at? Can it be rectified into something in the 60hrz range?

Why is this site now attracting such a huge array of morons lately?

Honestly, I want to know.

Thanks.

#47252 - 01/23/11 01:36 PM Re: On the Choice of Human Sacrifice (Satanic Bible) [Re: Fist]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:

Why is this site now attracting such a huge array of morons lately?

A question which is pondering my mind from the moment I am catching up with the discussions since I left 3 weeks ago.

Now at the OP:
I hardly think there was a "hint" towards reiki in the SB hidden for 40 years. I'm more inclined to think you are simply seeing things which aren't there. Not really a problem, you wouldn't be the first to see secret messages... clickie
Admitted some did it on purpose.

#47256 - 01/23/11 03:04 PM Re: On the Choice of Human Sacrifice (Satanic Bible) [Re: Dimitri]
TrollovGrimness Offline
stranger

The supposed purpose in performing the ritual of sacrifice is to throw the energy provided by the blood of the freshly slaughtered victim into the atmosphere of the magical working, thereby intensifying the magicians chances of success.
The "white" magician assumes that since blood represents the life force, there is no better way to appease the gods or demons than to present sufficient quantities of it. Combine this rationale with the fact that a dying creature is expending an overabundance of adrenal and other bioelectric energies, and you have what appears to be an unbeatable combination.
The "white" magician wary of the consequences involved in the killing of a human being, naturally utilizes birds, or other "lower" creatures in his ceremonies. It seems these sanctimonious wretches feel no guilt in the taking of a non-human life, as opposed to an human's.
The fact of the matter is that if the "magician" is worthy of his name, he will be uninhibited enough to release the necessary force from his own body, instead of from an unwilling and undeserving victim!
Contrary to all established magical theory, the release of this force is NOT effected in the actual spilling of blood, but in the death throes of the living creature! This discharge of energy is the very same phenomenon which occurs during the heightening of the emotions, such as: sexual orgasm, blind anger, mortal terror, consuming grief, etc.
- Anton Szandor LaVey

Right where I said it was. "On The Choice Of Human Sacrifice". Satanic Bible

from the bibliography located at the back of the Satanic Witch:

Reich, Wilhelm -- Character Analysis
Reich, Wilhelm -- The Function Of The Orgasm from Orgone institute press.

Straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.
btw, "Function Of The Orgasm" is not so much about the human orgasm it's figurative of the release of bioelectric tension. It's a psychoanalytic therapy method that deals with helping a patient go through some kind of emotional release. Hard to explain. But you can do it yourself. This is what the TOV deals with actually.

but they go about it in a retarded manner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVxI_ms8ZE

^ He has like 4 videos about this.

I make this thread because I think its interesting and I know a lot of Satanists gloss over that part of Satanic Bible. LaVey doesnt describe it well enough but it is there. From the beginning.

Edited by TrollovGrimness (01/23/11 03:10 PM)

#47258 - 01/23/11 04:14 PM Re: On the Choice of Human Sacrifice (Satanic Bible) [Re: TrollovGrimness]
Jake999 Offline

Many Satanists are well aware of bioelectric energy... and are also well aware of Wilhelm Reich and his research. What do you consider "a lot" of Satanists, and how many actual SATANISTS do you KNOW? Broad brushes simply cover more area. but do not necessarily cover well.

For anyone who might be interested in Wilhelm Reich and his work, I can recommend FURY ON EARTH by Myron Sharaf, being a biography of Wilhelm Reich. My copy is hardback and ran about $35, but Amazon has a paperback edition for about $18.00, and well worth it at either price.

Both Reich and Tesla are gentlemen who receive short shrift in the annals of history, but one can't discount their contributions and their insights.

#47264 - 01/23/11 05:35 PM Re: On the Choice of Human Sacrifice (Satanic Bible) [Re: TrollovGrimness]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

And your point being? (None I would guess).
While the ritualist section on the SB (or the SR for that matter) is worthy enough for occult studies and exploring thought-provoking and perhaps mind-altering ideas when done properly, it simply can also be seen as "filler".

Personally I'm not a great fan for the usage of "bioelectricity". The contonation/usage of bioelectricity within texts like these most of the time indicate the belief in a "vis vitalis" or in other words QI, chi, KI,.. which, with all due respect, is a middle-age belief from which should be stepped aside.

When performing ritual magic and even before starting setting one up, do make sure you actually "get" where it comes from and in what kind of mindset these ideas are rooted in.

Edited by Dimitri (01/23/11 05:36 PM)

#47265 - 01/23/11 05:35 PM Re: On the Choice of Human Sacrifice (Satanic Bible) [Re: Jake999]
TrollovGrimness Offline
stranger

Anton LaVey glosses over it in Satanic Bible. He explains ritual magic from a different angle. He doesn't really elucidate on it the way the Temple Of The Vampire has. But it is in there and thought it would be of interest.

And yes I missed out on that for a long time. After a bunch of cautionary instruction he just writes like 1 sentence on it

I feel like all TOV did was flesh out that part of Satanic Bible with more detail. Then the author(s) (uncredited) just colored it up in thematics and trappings etc.. And for me this just ruined the appeal. A lot of what that organization believes in and what members seem to believe is a lot of assumption . Certainly built upon foundations that are verifiable. It is based largely on scientific experiments and literature of Reich's. 'Reiki' masters today are using Reich's therapy and selling it as new age spiritualism . Literally. All they're doing is his therapy.

Edited by TrollovGrimness (01/23/11 05:46 PM)

#47266 - 01/23/11 05:46 PM Re: On the Choice of Human Sacrifice (Satanic Bible) [Re: Jake999]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
I am not sure I would put Reich in the same league with Tesla. Tesla gave us AC power, three phase power generation, radio, and the AC motor. He held nearly 300 patents. He either invented or improved nearly everything used today in modern electricity generation and distribution. His inventions have touched nearly everything that generates an electromagnetic field.

I give you a dollar if you can show me one of Reich's inventions that actually did something.

Reich was a second rate psychologist, and a garden variety Marxist. He was very popular in the Age of Aquarius, womens lib set of the late 60's and early 70's. Pretty much all of the New Ageisms alive today stem from his influence on 'Beat' culture in the late 50's.

#47269 - 01/23/11 06:14 PM Re: On the Choice of Human Sacrifice (Satanic Bible) [Re: Fist]
TrollovGrimness Offline
stranger

I have yet to use orgone to charge any batteries.

I cant comment on all his research and theories etc only that the emotions in bioelectric tension of the musculature phenomenon that he is talking about... is real.

this is done in reiki and people will spend hundreds and thousands of dollars for it. and it is real. and there are dozens and hundreds of testimony of its reality. just google 'reiki' you'll find dozens of written testimony of experience

Edited by TrollovGrimness (01/23/11 06:15 PM)

#47273 - 01/23/11 07:43 PM Re: On the Choice of Human Sacrifice (Satanic Bible) [Re: TrollovGrimness]
Ares Offline
lurker

Originally Posted By: TrollovGrimness
[...]I make this thread because I think its interesting and I know a lot of Satanists gloss over that part of Satanic Bible. LaVey doesnt describe it well enough but it is there. From the beginning.

Yes, but also check other sources, not only the Satanic Bible, especially for material on orgone etc. Without anything special it has potential to increase your power and effectiveness of any ritual, however there may be interesting results if you charge or discharge it during rituals. I am not sure yet what is the best way to accumulate energy and then discharge it.

#47280 - 01/23/11 10:08 PM Re: On the Choice of Human Sacrifice (Satanic Bible) [Re: Ares]
TrollovGrimness Offline
stranger

TOV has a pretty good description of how someone would do that. But as I said there is fair amount to what is written in their books which is a needless addition. My problem with that organization is that everyone who wants to sell books on the occult, or reiki even, need some kind of pitch. There are a large number of different reiki 'systems' all claiming different things. TOV is yet just another of these. And my biggest problem with them that I take issue with and the way they do things is A) Complete lack of sense of humor and B) They never let on where the dividing lines are between what the authors and practioners believe and what they truly know. That's the unfortunate thing about things written on 'reiki' in past several years is that it can be difficult especially to those who are neophytes to see what is true diluted from the embellishment.

Its hard for me to recommend TOV because I find their books confusing it is a really odd way to disseminate their knowledge. A lot of it is pretty straightforward although it will be clear if you read the public portions of their message boards that a lot of people are and will be confused.

Edited by TrollovGrimness (01/23/11 10:11 PM)

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.