Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#47621 - 01/30/11 08:23 PM Satanist Personality
Antonio Offline
stranger

How are satanists in their day to day behavior?.

Most people picture them as: immoral, ruthless, evil...

Is this accurate to some degree?.

Note: I am aware of LaVey's writings were many of these myths are dispelled. However, many satanists do show some particular personality traits that may help to characterize them better.

#47705 - 01/31/11 04:15 PM Re: Satanist Personality [Re: Antonio]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I'm mostly a pleasant chap; at least in my real life and work environment, most people, and certainly those that bring cash, tend to like me. I chat with them, make jokes, listen to their little problems and give advice when they need it.

But it's a role I play and a role I'm pretty good at. If I am honest, I hardly care about anyone out there and some of those that think I'm a great guy, I despise enormously. But it suits my agenda to be perceived as nice.

Does this make me immoral? Not at all. I do have my own morals and I prefer to be honorable although only to those deserving.

If there is anything that could be said about my personality, it is that I am calculated. I never had a problem with that myself.

I guess I'm not the only satanist suffering from that.

D.

#47799 - 02/01/11 02:33 PM Re: Satanist Personality [Re: Diavolo]
Antonio Offline
stranger

So we should say Satanists are amoral instead of immoral.

Am I correct?.

#47803 - 02/01/11 02:49 PM Re: Satanist Personality [Re: Antonio]
HeimiricIX Offline
pledge

Loc: Mexico City.
Satanists are intelligent people, they will look for the best approach to life and to each situation each and every time, you can't really summarize how a Satanist is or how she is supposed to be, the Satanist has her own particular view of morality, which sometimes can be considered ruthless and evil by regular Christian-moral standards but that suits her well and each also will have her own personality based on her own tastes and choices.

Asking how a Satanist is supposed to be is no different to asking “how big is a fish?”

Best \:\)

#47804 - 02/01/11 02:51 PM Re: Satanist Personality [Re: Antonio]
Dutch Satanist Offline
pledge

Loc: Delft, The Netherlands
I guess Diavolo described me to a tee. Although if people get on my nerves (which will take quite a bit of effort, as I am very patient) the facade tends to drop a little and I can be quite blunt. But I guess I am not the only Satanist that "suffers" from that.

But you wouldn't be able to peg me as a Satanist just by observing my behaviour. It will shine through somewhat when you touch certain topics in conversation, but in my day to day diurnal routine I'm just as boring as the next person.

#47828 - 02/01/11 05:42 PM Re: Satanist Personality [Re: Antonio]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

I could start a whole text with descriptions of my own personality and at the same time refer towards past experiences. But somehow I think THIS person has worded it way better than I'll ever can.

Originally Posted By: George Carlin
I'm a modern man...

I'm a modern man
A man for the millennium
Digital and smoke free

A diversified multicultural postmodern deconstructionist
Politically anatomically and ecologically incorrect

I've been uplinked and downloaded
I've been inputted and outsourced
I know the upside of downsizing
I know the downside of upgrading

I'm a high tech lowlife
A cutting edge state-of-the-art bicoastal multitasker
And I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond

I'm new wave but I'm old school
And my inner child is outward bound

I'm a hot wired heat seeking warm hearted cool customer
Voice activated and biodegradable

I interface from a database
And my database is in cyberspace
So I'm interactive
I'm hyperactive
And from time-to-time
I'm radioactive

Behind the eight ball
Ahead of the curve
Riding the wave
Dodging a bullet
Pushing the envelope...

( continued )

#47873 - 02/02/11 08:18 AM Re: Satanist Personality [Re: Dimitri]
Babylonian Dream Offline
stranger

Loc: Upstate New York
I'm a nice guy, I tend to brighten up peoples days by being nice to them. If you're mean enough to me, you'll learn that I can be a prick. But I'm a good guy who does good things for people. Ruthless I am not.

Immoral? Depends on what you mean by morality. If you mean immoral as in a sinner, then yeah. Immoral as in, I don't have any ethical standards, then no. I actually have pretty high ethical standards.

#47883 - 02/02/11 12:42 PM Re: Satanist Personality [Re: Babylonian Dream]
myk5 Offline

I see no reason to expect more conformity from Satanists than from any other group of people organized around an idea.

If I'm to generalize, the actual Satanists I've met tend to be kinder, gentler and more compassionate than your typical Christian.

#47917 - 02/02/11 08:38 PM Re: Satanist Personality [Re: myk5]
Brett Offline
stranger

Loc: USA - PA
I suppose when someone fairly new to Satanism is thinking about Satanism they feel rebellious and evil. Against everyone.

But people who've learned about Satanism and have incorporated it into their every day lives, don't think about it much, so they aren't so "evil".

Brett

#47959 - 02/03/11 12:21 PM Re: Satanist Personality [Re: Brett]
nocTifer Offline
pledge

Loc: Khazakstan
 Originally Posted By: Brett
I suppose when someone fairly new to Satanism is thinking about satanism they feel rebellious and evil. Against everyone. But people who've learned about Satanism and have incorporated it into their every day lives, don't think about it much, so they aren't so "evil".

That doesn't sound like the difference between a Satanist personality and a non-Satanist personality.

Instead it seems like the difference between an immature (dualist) Satanist perspective or behaviour and that of a more mature Satanist who transcends moral categories like 'evil and good'. She begins to behave authentically rather than to cling to an artificial contrivance from hir previous moral impingement.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.