Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#47647 - 01/31/11 01:43 AM red satanism
Meatl Gear Offline
stranger

How many people here have pondered the idea of mixing Satanism (which is more broad then just Lavey Satanism) with Marxism-Leninism? I know a few people who do this. I also know some websites that throw major chimp outs when the idea is even mentioned.

I like the idea. In my mind, Satan, as the underdog, symbolizes the working class against the ruling class (which is "god").

It's symbolic, because in my opinion, neither deity does exist. In the scenario that "god" did exist, I would deny it, and so would Satan. Satan rises up against the ruling order!

#47650 - 01/31/11 01:51 AM Re: red satanism [Re: Meatl Gear]
thedeadidea Offline

So Satan is symbolic of anything to you ?

What have you done to convince anyone of the synthesis of the two other then merely sugguest it in an abstract way?

Do you practice or were you born this stupid ?

#47651 - 01/31/11 01:56 AM Re: red satanism [Re: Meatl Gear]
HeimiricIX Offline
pledge

Loc: Mexico City.
Just a quick answer since I'm in a movie-break:

Satanism is a individualistic, predatory religion. It has nothing to do with Marxism, we are the predators and the people are our prays, if we, as individuals, are not members of the ruling class is because we have chosen to and because it suits our individual needs.

Best.

#47653 - 01/31/11 02:00 AM Re: red satanism [Re: HeimiricIX]
Meatl Gear Offline
stranger

I personally don't believe Lavey should be able to monopolize the term "Satanism." I believe the man had some merits, but then I disagree with a few of his ideas.
#47656 - 01/31/11 02:10 AM Re: red satanism [Re: Meatl Gear]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Dude, you do realize you were here before and wrote other posts.
Maybe you should reread some of the stuff you wrote as well as the follow up discussions.

http://www.the600club.com/dir/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Main/3261/Number/40680#Post40680

If you click on your profile, then click on the link to your posts, you can read them all. I only listed one link, I figure you can do the rest yourself.
After all you did register here on 8/11/09.

Morgan

#47659 - 01/31/11 03:53 AM Re: red satanism [Re: Meatl Gear]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
V.I. Lenin kept a copy of "Darwin's Ape" permanently and prominently on his desk in the Kremlin. You can see it here at the front of the desk. The ape also graced my desk; see Plate #49 in The Church of Satan. That's about as Satanic as you can get ... ;\)

#47661 - 01/31/11 07:20 AM Re: red satanism [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Meatl Gear Offline
stranger

Just like Satanists follow Lavey and follow Lucifer with different degrees of precision and different interpretations, the same thing exists for Marxism and Marx. Different "reds" interpret Marx differently and come to different conclusions. Therefore even if Marx himself was not a satanist, the ideology of red Satanism is not automatically ruled out.

The question as to whether Marx himself was a satanist is different than the question as to whether "red Satanism" could exist. After thinking it through, I do not think Marx was a satanist because he would have considered it "silly," but I do think he has many things in common with satanists. Atheism, class consciousness, willingness to advocate violence (it is true that some satanists are against this) etc.

It's just that most libertarian satanists support the upper class and its right to property and hierarchy, but they do not deny these class distinctions. If you ask a libertarian satanist why they are opposed to Marxism, their answer will be a class conscious one about entitlement and hierarchy. Essentially, libertarian satanists believe in "human rights" when it comes to the price system and property, and Marxists don't believe in those rights.

Edited by Meatl Gear (01/31/11 07:28 AM)

#47664 - 01/31/11 08:00 AM Re: red satanism [Re: Meatl Gear]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Just like Satanists follow Lavey and follow Lucifer with different degrees of precision and different interpretations, the same thing exists for Marxism and Marx. Different "reds" interpret Marx differently and come to different conclusions. Therefore even if Marx himself was not a satanist, the ideology of red satanism is not automatically ruled out.

Just to make things clear, any person here will hardly follow LaVey or other local stars in the LHP. They merely share the same views on life and ideology and even that's discussable. I do not follow LaVey but merely echo his ideas as written in the SB. A respect as a result from recognition from my part. Learn the difference, following someones ideas is an indication of herd-mentality and also indicates you just take every word for granted without the application of critical thinking.

If I were to follow ASL then I'd be nothing more than the fundamental religionists.

Blending the philosophy with political views automatically rules it out. It shows a lack of:
- interest and knowledge of the sinister philosophy itself
- lack of knowledge on this political "branch"

Quote:
The question as to whether Marx himself was a satanist is different than the question as to whether "red satanism" could exist. After thinking it through, I do not think Marx was a satanist because he would have considered it "silly," but I do think he has many things in common with satanists. Atheism, class consciousness, willingness to advocate violence (it is true that some satanists are against this) etc.

The true question would be if I'll put 2 or 3 spoons of sugar in my tea. Marx is not, was not and will never be a Satanist. You might ascribe him a few traits which you think are Satanic, but the lack of scriptures/letters in which is said he is a Satanist are simply non-existent which results in him not being a Satanist. And that's quite the end of the discussion.

#47666 - 01/31/11 08:33 AM Re: red satanism [Re: Meatl Gear]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Satanism is about empowering the individual. Marxism is about empowering the collective. In practice, Marxism crushes the individual and makes him subservient to the State. Care to explain how Marxism is the least bit Satanic?

#47672 - 01/31/11 09:26 AM Re: red satanism [Re: Meatl Gear]
Oto Offline
stranger

I was a marxist as a 16 years old. Since I am satanist, I dont care about working class or ruling class, but about my own well-being - that was the first thing I learned from Satanism. So I dont need any hybrid of Satanism and marxism.

You wrote "Satan, as the underdog, symbolizes the working class against the ruling class (which is "god")"... I find this analogy pointless. About 20 years ago, working class in my country was actually ruling class. Who was "god" and who was "satan" there?

A FEW traits you think Satanism and marxism have in common (e.g. Atheism) are neither specific nor unique for any of them - there are as well many other "isms" which have such traits in common...

#47674 - 01/31/11 10:03 AM Re: red satanism [Re: Oto]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
Has anyone answered (STFU) the OP? No.

MetalGear(I'll assume a typo in account creation):

click this link, read, and rejoin.

JK

p.s. I lean towards progressive politics personally, so I look forward to seeing you back on this thread with an added bit of insight.

#47675 - 01/31/11 10:09 AM Re: red satanism [Re: Meatl Gear]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
You are slinging this "argument" all over the internet and hoping that it will stick somewhere.

Elsewhere, the logical fallacies of your "points" have been underscored repeatedly yet you choose to be persistent with them despite that.

Fist very succinctly summed up the most glaring problem with your "argument".

Answer the exact question that Fist posed to you, with clear and logical progression, and I will award you a brass figlagee with bronze oak leaf palm.

Satanism isn't a group project and it's not a cause for the victimized masses to flock to.

Of course, you are free to hold whatever imagery works for you in your own mind. Here, you will be asked to support it, and if you cannot do so, to drop it in the public venue.

And so, the gauntlet is thrown.

#47676 - 01/31/11 10:10 AM Re: red satanism [Re: Oto]
manofsteel Offline

Loc: Indiana U.S.
You claim that since you are a satanist you don't care about anyone else. My question is since when did being a satanist mean that you don't care about others at all? I totally agree that a satanist by difinition should live as they want and look out for number one but your statement sounds just plain selfish to me.

#47679 - 01/31/11 10:20 AM Re: red satanism [Re: thedeadidea]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: thedeadidea

Do you practice or were you born this stupid ?

And here you are again with the personal attacks.

FYI, this argument style is substandard for this board. I would suggest addressing points and backing those points up with data in the form of your own ideas or the ideas of others that support your points.

#47680 - 01/31/11 10:23 AM Re: red satanism [Re: manofsteel]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
 Quote:
My question is since when did being a satanist mean that you don't care about others at all?

You actually don't understand enough about LHP material to even understand the answer. That is why I posted Books of the LHP. Go read some of those titles and get back to me.

None the less, because you are of the lazy 'give it to me now' interwebs generation (and I feeling charitable), let me help you out a little:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enlightened_self-interest

Please read the links in the 'See Also' section.

And,

http://www.aynrand.org/site/PageServer?pagename=objectivism_nonfiction_the_virtue_of_selfishness

I am pretty sure you can find the free pdf if you google around for "The Virtue of Selfishness".

Now, try not to do any other talking until you have completed your homework.

Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.