Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#4781 - 03/05/08 01:23 AM The Second Chapter of TSB
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
Does that sound familiar to anybody? When I first was given The Satanic Bible (13) the guys told me that when i finish reading the second chapter and i make a negative wish to harm someone it would come true.

But i forgot to ask them if it was the second chapter of the book of satan or the second chapter of the book of lucifer? I just made a wish anyways after every chapter for good measure. Nothing happened. But I go around telling people this "old wive's tale" to new recruits.

~~352~~

#4782 - 03/05/08 01:28 AM Re: The Second Chapter of TSB [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Jeseth Offline
pledge

Loc: California
Hm... I've never heard that before, but when I first started reading The Satanic Bible, I was probably the only person I knew who was really reading it. Up until just a few months ago I had very little contact with other Satanists.

#4794 - 03/05/08 10:51 AM Re: The Second Chapter of TSB [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
ballbreaker Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Yes, if you read the Satanic Bible and make a wish with all your heart it will come true. Are the "new recruits" as gullible as you are?
#4811 - 03/05/08 02:55 PM Re: The Second Chapter of TSB [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
delusion Offline
pledge

Loc: hawaii
Do the satanic world a favor.

Do not re-tell that story to anyone. You will find that you can avoid idiots that way. That wives tale, well, all wives tales for that matter are idiot bait.

The Satanic Bible can be a tool of liberation from all of that goofy supra-rational bullshit. That is my recommendation as to what to say to new ..."?recruits?". Telling people that simple wishes will have any effect on the world is really a step in taking them away from their potentiality IMO and is not doing them a service nor does it make you look terribly bright.

Have them read it for sure. Accept critiques openly and discuss them. But don't reinforce wives tales on top of the already present mumbo jumbo that some will take from it. Ritual was intended as a psychological tool for ridding yourself of any baggage. Any effect it has on anotherís reality is a side note and most likely coincidence.

Delusion

#4847 - 03/06/08 12:23 AM Re: The Second Chapter of TSB [Re: delusion]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Well, its been a while since i was thirteen, and they were friends that often tease on me. I was never recruited, unless my dad did the recruiting.

Isn't magic just a glorified form of wishing really hard for grown ups? I know some 5 year old that can just wish for something and they get it faster than most grown up who call up 72 demons, chant YHVH around the place, and go thru long melodramatic psychodrama just to get rid of baggage, when you can relax in a hot bath with a cup of red wine and forget about everything bugging you. But to each his own.

~~352~~

#4979 - 03/08/08 01:18 AM Re: The Second Chapter of TSB [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
delusion Offline
pledge

Loc: hawaii
 Quote:
But to each his own.

And that was sheer brilliance.

It really is an individual thing when it comes to magic(k). If you are talking about satanic magick then it is all about release. Hanging on to the weight on negativity will only bring about stress. For some lighting candles and calling forth demons to "destroy" an enemy brings them back to neutral. While for others a hot bath and a glass of red wine does the trick. Different circumstances require different rituals and for some nothing is required at all. In the end the point is not dwelling on the issue and moving on with your life.

Still some dive into it even further and get "traditional" with it. That is to say the literal belief in the demon world, magical entities, et. all. Great for them. What ever floats your boat I say. Which you basically touched on and kudos to you.

I, initially was a very stark Atheist and for the most part still am. In those days I used to say, "magic is for ugly people". I don't use that phrase anymore although it still brings a smile to my face. It was a nod to those whom did not need the "demons" to make them more powerful then they are or a black candle to make themselves more effectual then they may normally be. For them all of the accomplishment they needed was within their own capabilities.

Since then I have come to the understanding that the world is a very broad place full of varying opinions to I'm not as ... harsh.. but I am pretty much on the same page with you when it comes to the need for ritual.

Delusion.

#4981 - 03/08/08 01:40 AM Re: The Second Chapter of TSB [Re: delusion]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: delusion
 Quote:
But to each his own.

And that was sheer brilliance.

I, initially was a very stark Atheist and for the most part still am. In those days I used to say, "magic is for ugly people". I don't use that phrase anymore although it still brings a smile to my face. It was a nod to those whom did not need the "demons" to make them more powerful then they are or a black candle to make themselves more effectual then they may normally be. For them all of the accomplishment they needed was within their own capabilities.

Delusion.

What changed your mind? I mean about magic and your stark Atheism? Did you just try a ritual and something worked?

I know different people have their own understandings of what "Magic" is. Personally I think i see "Magic" everywhere. This is gunna sound gay and fluffy. But there's magic in the mystery of life and death... how nature works so harmoniously and takes care of its own... like how trees don't need to ever struggle to find water or food, it just comes to them; like how kids can just wish for something, and they get it (thru various means and people, but its not how it happens, but that it comes to you)...

I think magic comes naturally to all things, and that sometimes we over complicate it. It's hard to explain here in a short paragraph. We're all at the center of our own cosmos... life is a play and we're each the lead star, participating in this pageantry and writing the script as we play our part, and its the act of consciously writing that script which i think is Magic - rather than letting someone else do the writing and you just taking a drivers seat you know?

~~352~~

#5028 - 03/08/08 06:31 PM Re: The Second Chapter of TSB [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
DaVinci Offline

Loc: Australia
I've personally heard of it, but have yet to see any factual evidence to support the theory/claim.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.