Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#48000 - 02/03/11 08:18 PM Satanism and the Zodiac investigation
BaronVonShankly Offline

Loc: London
This is more for my own personal curiosity more than anything else.
I had to ask this as it has been mentioned in several Zodiac Killer conferences and seminars that I have been to over the years. Aparently during the 60s and the 70s Dave Toschi (the lead investigator of the zodiac investigation) was told to investigate the CoS and other San Fransisco occult groups such as the OTO and the Process Church. Particularly members who had millitary or even police experience. David Fincher even makes a nod to this line of enquiry in his movie about the case where he has the radio call in mentioning how there "are satanists in the city". Im curious as to if any of this survellance was true? Or just rumour by crime historians later on? as Toschi has never spoken about it but several speakers at these zodiac conventions have mention possible occult links.

#48004 - 02/03/11 08:48 PM Re: Satanism and the Zodiac investigation [Re: BaronVonShankly]
Jake999 Offline

As Dr. Aquino can tell you, a lot of people wanted The Church of Satan investigated for a lot of things. Zodiac, Son of Sam, Manson, the infamous Lombard Street Duck Rapist, and even the disappearance of Emperor Norton.

Damn.

Who let them out this month????

#48005 - 02/03/11 09:00 PM Re: Satanism and the Zodiac investigation [Re: Jake999]
BaronVonShankly Offline

Loc: London
I just thought it was an interesting thing as i got back from one of the conferences (my girlfriend is interested in true crime etc), And this guy had a lecture titled "The Occult links to Zodiac" where he spouted this off for about two hours. It was quite entertaining some of his facts about the CoS as they were clearly wrong. And when he got to the OTO stuff I started putting my hand up and calling him out, yes im anoying like that when someone is pissing me for not doing their research.
#48013 - 02/03/11 11:15 PM Re: Satanism and the Zodiac investigation [Re: BaronVonShankly]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
One runs into those types all the time; once somebody pulls the "occult" card out, they get all wide-eyed and start babbling about how it could all be connected in some secretive criminal underground. One can hardly imagine a REAL-LIFE occult organization operating above-ground, because obviously they do horrible and illegal things!

And they don't even get their facts straight, getting simple names, dates, and ideas completely wrong (that could be rectified with a Wiki checkup, or-- GOD FORBID!-- any goddamned scholastic publication), which of course they completely ignore because they like how spooky their little imaginary web of conspiracy looks.

"Occult Crime" is a hot topic, because let's face it-- do you want to deal with boring drug problems and parole violations, or evil worldwide satanic cults that eat babies and rape women?

The reality is much more sobering; the closest thing that could constitute "occult crime" would be New Age group extortion (regular fraud), and the occasional leftover sacrifices from sloppy Santeros (and still only a littering charge).

Those looking for an evil underground conspiracy of crime and ritual abuse would have much better luck looking into the Catholic Church.

Edited by The Zebu (02/03/11 11:17 PM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.