Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#48775 - 02/13/11 02:39 AM Diamanda Galas: Litanies of Satan
Tesseract Offline

Loc: United States
A search of the website didn’t return any posts of this musical/literary classic within the past year, so I thought I’d put it up here now. “The Litanies of Satan” by Diamanda Galas:

part 1:

part2:

#48778 - 02/13/11 07:46 AM Re: Diamanda Galas: Litanies of Satan [Re: Tesseract]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
Yes, Diamanda Galas is probably the most skilled of any crazy-vocal artists I've heard, a style I explore myself. She often has religious themes in her work and is heavily inspired by speaking "in toungs."

For those who aren't so into the noisy stuff her newer works are very VERY dark piano and voice songs.

#48818 - 02/14/11 01:45 AM Re: Diamanda Galas: Litanies of Satan [Re: TV is God]
Tesseract Offline

Loc: United States
Here’s a live rendition of her cover of “I Put a Spell on You”, originally released on her album “The Singer”, from around 1991. I saw Galas live in the early 90s in Chicago for that tour; just her and a piano, and her performance was more than powerful enough to carry the entire show alone. The video seems fitting for Valentine’s Day.

#70482 - 08/23/12 05:48 PM Re: Diamanda Galas: Litanies of Satan [Re: Tesseract]
Le Deluge Offline

We saw Diamanda in concert a couple years ago. Amazing stuff. She had just come out with Guilty, Guilty, Guilty at the time. She didn't do Litanies, but we recognized some stuff off Malediction and Prayer. It was just piano and haunting lyrics. Almost trance like at times. She plays short sets, but the intensity more than makes up for it.

#70651 - 09/06/12 04:14 AM Re: Diamanda Galas: Litanies of Satan [Re: Tesseract]
Deep Time Offline
pledge

When I was a teenager I read a certain shitty vampire novel. At the end of the book a character listens to Wild Women With Steak Knives. From the point on I wanted to hear Diamanda Galas.

Now I'm glad I have. The early Mute Records stuff I've heard is awesome.

Wild Women With Steak Knives- Diamanda Galas

Edited by Deep Time (09/06/12 04:16 AM)

"All the witches had to show their respect for Satan by kissing his ass."

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.