Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#48950 - 02/16/11 01:31 PM Teachers applying satanic principles...
Mitch Koch Offline
stranger

Loc: TN
First off, are there any other teachers on this site? If so, I would like to read about your techniques in applying satanic principles, both on conscious and subconscious levels. Have you had any students previously deemed “unreachable” that turned around after receiving attention from you? How did you do it?

As a music teacher I often get credited by parents for teaching kids things that (in my opinion) the parents should already be doing on a daily basis, i.e. instilling confidence, sense of responsibility, right vs. wrong, etc. This is perhaps because I am an “extracurricular” interest in the child’s life, but often I deal with parents who are far lazier than their children. Those kids who I am unable to pull any musical skill out of at least walk away with a better sense of where their talents lie. If I judge that it is not in music it is because I’ve taken steps to know a child well enough to spot something he is not only good at, but enjoys doing. Why can’t parents do this? (Selfishly speaking, why can’t parents do this before sending a child to music lessons when he has little-to-no sustainable interest in music?) I am not a parent so I am honestly curious about these things. Is it that parents are sometimes too close to their kids? Is it safe to guess that some parents cannot see their children objectively? If you are a teacher who spots these same issues, I would love for you to share your experiences as well. And also, if you are a parent who in fact takes responsibility (as I would hope ANY parent on this site does), how do you deal with teachers who don’t challenge your children appropriately? Or how do you deal with the ones who do?

#49961 - 02/26/11 10:40 PM Re: Teachers applying satanic principles... [Re: Mitch Koch]
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
For a brief period I taught(tried) autistic kids.I loved the experience and loved the kids.It was probably one of the few times that I found that leaving my personal beliefs out of it was definitely for the best.
Now,I could go through Satanic literature or various philosophies and try and sync them up to the method that I used,but it would only be an exercise in self delusion.
I had always thought of myself as being a fairly strict social Darwinist ,but being in the class with those kids really made me reevaluate my way of thinking.When it came to dealing with the kids,similar to Satanism,it was an individualistic process,as each child differed greatly from each other.I like to believe that being a Satanist,allowed me to be more open minded in my approach to each child and in turn,benefited them as well.
I find it extremely difficult to encapsulate the experience I had with out writing for days,so I suppose what I'm trying to get at is,Satanism allowed me to be flexible and non-judgmental,however, that is only based on my interpretation of Satanism.If I followed others ideals and some way my own misguided youthful delusions,I would have acted like other teachers and ploughed through the same shit ,day in day out,and not giving a fuck about the kids and only worry about if I was doing what was expected of me.

#49964 - 02/26/11 10:52 PM Re: Teachers applying satanic principles... [Re: jesusbeater]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
I remember a guy telling me a question he asked a teacher. "If you had a B student with the potential to be an A student who was willing to do everything it took to be an A student, or an F student that had the potential to be a C student but didn't really care, who would you help?" For me, it's obviously the former. You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

I don't think the idea is only to help the most talented, or only to help those who need it the most, but to help those who help themselves.

#49967 - 02/26/11 11:12 PM Re: Teachers applying satanic principles... [Re: XiaoGui17]
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
Guaranteed you can't help some one who doesn't want to be helped,however,when you have actual experience with teaching you come to realize that there are certain kids that don't realize that they can be helped or what their actual potential is.
Now I'm not advocating being a fucking shepherd of people or helping the helpless,however in my own experience,I saw kids that people had pretty much given up on simply because they didn't understand them or had the patience to try.The kids were smart enough to pick up on this and it was only when they were given the opportunity to try and do stuff(and I mean simple things ,like even playing with other kids) did they start to improve.It's grand to take a certain philosophical position on things but alot of time when confronted with the reality of a situation,you might be surprised at how quick your real nature will take over.That to me is pure Satanism,instinct and common sense over academic idealism,and elitist conformity.To me ,there is no shame in compassion to those that I feel deserve it(and believe me,that's very few people).

#49990 - 02/27/11 06:41 AM Re: Teachers applying satanic principles... [Re: jesusbeater]
Phobos Offline
pledge

Loc: France
I'm a teacher too. My basic job is to help my students (teenagers) not to die of starvation when they go to an English speaking country. Considering that, as jesusbeather says, not all of them realize that they might be worth something (essentially because of fucked up parents), my duty is still to make them go forward. Therefore, I think that in this particular context, Satanism can get along with patience and benevolence: high intellectual standards for kids who are not yet used to think.

As a teacher, I try to deal with those kids' mistakes so as to help them realize that they can better themselves. However, the endless iteration of the same mistakes is clearly pointed out as being disappointing and maybe deceiving for everybody and that it should be really taken care of by them in a swift manner.

Though is takes some time to convince them that they are not silly dumbasses because nobody trusted them so far, there always comes a point in time when they have to stand up for themselves and stop being assisted little victims. The aforementioned "benevolence" thus has to be inscribed in a strong authoritarian context. I am not kidding, I am not a friend, I am a guide and I have to disagree with many colleagues who think that whining along with unlucky kids is the best way to help them. Children, teenagers, as I see this whole teaching thing, need and often like being shown some signs of affection as much as they need and like being commanded and frowned upon.

#50277 - 03/01/11 03:57 PM Re: Teachers applying satanic principles... [Re: Phobos]
Mitch Koch Offline
stranger

Loc: TN
 Originally Posted By: Phobos
I am not a friend, I am a guide and I have to disagree with many colleagues who think that whining along with unlucky kids is the best way to help them. Children, teenagers, as I see this whole teaching thing, need and often like being shown some signs of affection as much as they need and like being commanded and frowned upon.

I couldn't agree more. The not so ironic result of this approach (at least in my case) is that I come to be viewed as a friend once a student realizes that I have his best interest in mind, no matter how “strict” I am with him. A lot of music teachers become pals with their students because of a shared interest in music, but for me the roles of teacher and student must be established in order for either of us to get anything out of it.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.