Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#48974 - 02/16/11 07:36 PM New members, do they get encouragement / advise
j10p16g7 Offline
lurker

Loc: WALES
As a new member and wanting to be a worthy servant of the Church of Satan, with willingness to learn are any top members willing to give their support to assist me - j10p16g7 ( julian ).
#48976 - 02/16/11 07:43 PM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: j10p16g7]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
I am not a member of the Church of Satan but am willing to bet my very extensive library that it has no tolerance for the servant mentality. As for contacting its "top members", why not email them directly? The CoS has its own site.

Incidentally, I see that not only have you sent unsolicited private messages to members here but that you have not even had the courtesy to post an introduction. Not a good start.

#48978 - 02/16/11 07:47 PM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: j10p16g7]
HeimiricIX Offline
pledge

Loc: Mexico City.
Oh well, this is going to be a short visit it seems, let's hope it's not too late, first stop posting, go and read the rules of the forum, also, go and read the Satanic Bible, and all of the material in the Media Room.

As a sidenote, we are not exactly fans of the current Church of Satan around here. Lurk a lot and do a lot of reading. It's a favor you will be doing to yourself.

Best.

#48980 - 02/16/11 07:52 PM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: j10p16g7]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Advice: Take your smiley glad hands somewhere else.

Encouragement: That is as nice as I am going to get.

#49042 - 02/17/11 01:12 PM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: j10p16g7]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Anyone ready & willing to be a servant is not a Satanist. Also, no Satanist is going to spoon-feed you what you want to know, unless it suits their own purpose.

Move along.

#49043 - 02/17/11 01:13 PM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: Nemesis]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

You guys are teaching him already. Tsk tsk, so generous of you. ;\)

D.

#49047 - 02/17/11 02:46 PM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: Diavolo]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Ah but will the lesson be learned?

#49053 - 02/17/11 04:34 PM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
LucyFur Offline

Loc: Bible Belt, USA
If not, he is welcome to PM me. I could use a servent right now. My windows, floors and showers need scrubbing. And if he is worthy, I may consider some other chores.... ;\)

#49056 - 02/17/11 05:13 PM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: LucyFur]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
 Originally Posted By: LucyFur
If not, he is welcome to PM me. I could use a servent right now. My windows, floors and showers need scrubbing. And if he is worthy, I may consider some other chores.... ;\)

Dear LucyFur,

You rock.

You all may now return to your regularly scheduled discussion.

#50451 - 03/05/11 04:32 AM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: Nemesis]
j10p16g7 Offline
lurker

Loc: WALES
Sister Nemesis, I would like to thank you for your criticism of me when you stated that Satanism was not for people that made themselves out as servants. For that I must thank you but initially as much as I knew it was what I wanted I did feel apprehensive due to the fact I had been a long time christian. Therefore making the crossing basically changed the way I thought and felt. I do I can reassure you feel much stronger in mind and body and like so many others would love to see the demise of the church hypocrits. In a nutshell I feel no longer like this low life I once thought I was.

j10p16g7

#50453 - 03/05/11 07:23 AM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: j10p16g7]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
I smell a rat. You'd do better with your current MO to find another site suited to your inability to do your own reading. There are plenty out there.

This doesn't appear to be the place for you yet...or possibly ever. As stated, read the rules of the forum, start reading at least some of our recommended reading list, and post with care in the future.

#50461 - 03/05/11 11:24 AM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: Octavius]
Assia Offline
stranger

Wait... support from satanists (or people who claim they are? Isnt that a self-explanatory question?

#50545 - 03/07/11 05:33 AM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: Assia]
JoshThorpe Offline
stranger

Loc: England, UK
It's not in the nature of Satanists to be supportive. If you wish to learn, you research independently. Then, when you think that you're ready to speak without making a complete mock of yourself infront of the eyes of your, let's say highly-critical, pier group, you can begin discussing issues to broaden your knowledge and views. Gosh!

#50546 - 03/07/11 05:55 AM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: j10p16g7]
Damis Offline
pledge

Loc: England
I recall that a while ago the idea of a mandatory questionnaire upon registry was being played around with. The purpose of which was the testing of each applicant for at least a basic level of knowledge of what Satanism is and it's key themes or at very least to ensure that a reading of the Satanic Bible had been undertaken before hand.

Perhaps it's still not a bad idea. It would help to weed out the trolls, total idiots and at very least the lazy ones who expect to be spoon fed things that they should already know.

#50547 - 03/07/11 06:47 AM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: Damis]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
 Originally Posted By: Damis
I recall that a while ago the idea of a mandatory questionnaire upon registry was being played around with. The purpose of which was the testing of each applicant for at least a basic level of knowledge of what Satanism is and it's key themes or at very least to ensure that a reading of the Satanic Bible had been undertaken before hand.

Perhaps it's still not a bad idea. It would help to weed out the trolls, total idiots and at very least the lazy ones who expect to be spoon fed things that they should already know.

The problem has been subject to discussion amongst us gamekeepers and we have concluded that it is a tad more complicated than anything easily solved by a questionnaire.

We pride ourselves with being tolerant and keeping an open door out towards the WWW,
(although some might find this statement bordering on the ridiculous ),
and this policy will of course bring in the rabble...
But; this policy has also drawn learned minds of interest, some of them from outside the realm of Satanism.

We tend to be fond of our pet-christians as well...

Woland

Contra Mundum!

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.