Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#50553 - 03/07/11 09:23 AM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: Woland]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Woland
We pride ourselves with being tolerant and keeping an open door out towards the WWW,
(although some might find this statement bordering on the ridiculous

Woland is quite right. When looking back at more than a decade, I can't say we have been more tolerant and open than the last year. Of course this does not imply that anyone can come here and take a crap in our brains but when it comes to allowing diversity, today is more open than ever was.

One can not find a system to keep the morons out, one can only prevent them from posting again. As such, the only manner in keeping this forum tolerable to all, and at a certain level, is setting up some rules and having good moderation. None can complain about both here.

Since the gates are open and manual approval isn't required any longer, many unworthy have entered (and left) but they are not as important as those we enjoy and consider good additions.

Making it easier for one group, makes it easier for the others too. The occasional turd left on the floor, which is easily removed, is quite a low price to pay for anyone more rewarding.

D.

#50557 - 03/07/11 01:45 PM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: Diavolo]
JoshThorpe Offline
stranger

Loc: England, UK
On that note the morons of the world could take part in the sign-up questionnaire and just look up the answers on say, Google and get straight through the fishnet.

I mean.. That's how I'd do it.

#50574 - 03/07/11 10:09 PM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: JoshThorpe]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: JoshThorpe
It's not in the nature of Satanists to be supportive.

Not to nitpick, but how do you know?

Personally, I'm very supportive. Of course, this only holds true for people I deem worthy of support, but the point remains.

Again, not trying to bust on you specifically, but folk who use terms like "Satanists are ______" or "Satanists are not ______" are coming close to presuming to speak for others. In a religion that values individualism above all this can be a slippery slope.

#50576 - 03/07/11 11:13 PM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: Fnord]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Still,the statements - 'Satanists are not egalitarian', or 'Satanists are self interested', would be hard to argue ;\)

Just busting your balls, man.

#50623 - 03/08/11 10:19 AM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: Dan_Dread]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas

Back in your seat! ;\)

"Satanists are not egalitarian"
That one folk try to argue all the time (by defending leftist politics/candidates/politicians/policy). Though *I* agree that a Satanist cannot be egalitarian I doubt you'll find a shortage of people who will try to fit that square peg into the round hole.

The other one... well you've got me there.

#50648 - 03/08/11 04:37 PM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: Fnord]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
 Originally Posted By: Fnord
Though *I* agree that a Satanist cannot be egalitarian I doubt you'll find a shortage of people who will try to fit that square peg into the round hole.

Sounds painful...

As for the abundance of egalitarian 'Satanists,' there's nothing like a No True Scotsman. If Satanism can mean anything, it means nothing at all.

#50655 - 03/08/11 06:41 PM Re: New members, do they get encouragement / advise [Re: XiaoGui17]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: XiaoGui17
If Satanism can mean anything, it means nothing at all.

Now you're beginning to sound like me. \:\)

Guess that can't be ALL bad.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.