Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#4908 - 03/06/08 11:34 PM 'Chemical' Ali Death Approved
DaVinci Offline

Loc: Australia
Iraq's presidency has approved the execution of 'Chemical Ali', executed dictator Saddam Hussein's most notorious henchman, a top Iraqi official says.

"The presidency has approved Chemical Ali's execution," the official said on condition of anonymity, adding the timing of the actual execution is still not decided.

Ali Hassan al-Majid, the former defence minister under Saddam, was nicknamed Chemical Ali after he ordered gas attacks on Iraqi Kurds in the 1980s.

He was convicted on genocide charges over the slaughter and initially sentenced to hang in June last year.

Under Iraqi law, Majid and two other cohorts convicted for the so-called Anfal campaign against the Kurds in 1988 were supposed to have been executed by October, but legal wranglings have held up the process.

The other convicts are Sultan Hashim al-Tai, Saddam's defence minister, and Hussein Rashid al-Tikriti, his armed forces deputy chief of operations.

An estimated 182,000 Kurds were killed and 4,000 villages wiped out in the brutal campaign of bombings, mass deportation and gas attacks.

Ali Hassan al-Majid was nicknamed Chemical Ali after he ordered gas attacks on Iraqi Kurds in the 1980s. (File photo) (Reuters: Nikola Solic)

Original Article Source - ABC

#5048 - 03/08/08 11:08 PM Re: 'Chemical' Ali Death Approved [Re: DaVinci]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

How does this make you feel inside?

How did the death of Saddam make you feel?

Why?

~T~

#5053 - 03/09/08 12:17 AM Re: 'Chemical' Ali Death Approved [Re: ta2zz]
DaVinci Offline

Do I need an emotional reason to post recent news?

#5071 - 03/09/08 05:44 AM Re: 'Chemical' Ali Death Approved [Re: DaVinci]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: DaVinci
Do I need an emotional reason to post recent news?

Why no anybody can cut and paste news articles with no input... Parrot...

~T~

#5074 - 03/09/08 05:50 AM Re: 'Chemical' Ali Death Approved [Re: ta2zz]
DaVinci Offline

There is no need for my input; as I have expressed my thoughts towards this subject in previous threads. Parrot? How dull..

#5098 - 03/09/08 12:51 PM Re: 'Chemical' Ali Death Approved [Re: DaVinci]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

There is no need for my input; as I have expressed my thoughts towards this subject in previous threads.

Oh I see you are important enough for everybody who reads this to seek out and read your every written word on the subject here... AOK

Parrot? How dull..

Yeah it was late I was tired what was I thinking it is 2008... I should have said "xerox" instead...

~T~

#5128 - 03/09/08 07:28 PM Re: 'Chemical' Ali Death Approved [Re: ta2zz]
DaVinci Offline

Ta2zz, do me a favour -- don't respond to my posts if you don't like them; and stop whinging like a small child. \:\)

#5142 - 03/09/08 07:56 PM Re: 'Chemical' Ali Death Approved [Re: DaVinci]
xear Administrator Offline
Admin

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
WARNING: Current system bitch-fighting tolerance setting is low. Code Orange. (i.e. If you're going to unnecessarily snipe people, you may get a timeout.)

- R

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.