Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#493 - 09/20/07 12:23 AM Inciting a riot?
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
Inciting a riot? OK he ran up to a microphone after the time limit was up...

Some better footage of the question...

Clear footage of being held down by three or more police getting tasered after he was down...

Edited by ta2zz (09/20/07 12:31 AM)

#500 - 09/20/07 03:24 AM Re: Inciting a riot? [Re: ta2zz]
delusion Offline
pledge

Loc: hawaii
Thanks for bringing that to the table. My wife was telling me about it but I had not had the chance to see it yet.

Talk about over kill eh?!?! I'm all for order but that is censorship at its lamest.

That is my fear that this country has become a place where dissent isn't just unpopular, it’s a crime. Now white college kids get the same treatment as ghetto youths do. The us and them boundaries are clearly drawn.

This goofy kid was NOT starting a riot. He was asking Kerry some uncomfortable questions. Worth being tazed over... no.

Campus security, Blackwater USA, our heavy metal youths out there in the desert killing for the rich. Every body seems to have a war boner these days. You know the old saying about a little man who gets a little power? Your videos are a perfect example of that for me.

I'm sure one of our more callous "might is right" influenced members will have another opinion and that’s fine. But it IS our right to question in this country at least as far as I understand it.

I'm saddened the most when I try to put myself in the shoes of the soldier/cop/security guard. Imagine being so short on options that all you can imagine to do with yourself is go off and be a murderer (or tazer bully) for the global corporate slime. Sitting there and wondering, "Ok what are my options here? Electrician, Plummer, social worker, chef, astronomer, comedy writer, artist. Oh I got it... henchman!! I'll go fire bullets at strangers because I just love to do what I’m told."

But in the end I guess we can all feel much more "free" knowing that a thought criminal like that guy is off the streets

Thanks ta2zz,

Delusion

#513 - 09/20/07 01:20 PM Re: Inciting a riot? [Re: delusion]
blackdragon31560 Offline
pledge

Loc: Hell Paso, TX
Yeah I heard of this as well, I few phases come to mind.

Abuse of power, resisting arrest (from what I can see), Asking the right questions,

Funny, he’s pretty calm, for what he’s going through. “They going to kill me” was very over the top. But tasering him, was very out of hand. I do agree with this

Quote:
This goofy kid was NOT starting a riot. He was asking Kerry some uncomfortable questions. Worth being tazed over... no.

I don’t see this as might is right issue, more as no answer, would have be good, for him. Karry knows what speck freely can doing to a reputation after his remarks about the war. If you think about it “why did you concede early…… are you a member of the skull and bones like g.w. bush” By no means am I saying conspiracy just good questions. Its just sad to see that asking the right questions, can do these days.

Nice topic ta2zz, thanX

~ Niccolo Machiavelli

#540 - 09/21/07 06:26 PM Re: Inciting a riot? [Re: blackdragon31560]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I have mixed feelings about this incident. On the one hand, hell yes it was use of excessive force, and on the other, he was being obnoxious, and the security (they were security? or actual police?) probably had no idea how to handle a non-violent situation. That still doesn't excuse the way they handled it, of course, but I think cops and security are just a little too trigger-happy these days. They don't have to go to sleep that night, tossing and turning with guilt for shooting someone, they merely 'tazed' some stupid attention-whore college kid. Since this happened in my home state, I've seen every sort of footage of this guy, his speech, and the tazing. I'm pretty well sick to death of it. But I couldn't help but notice, in one of the videos, that one of the security officers (I think he was bald--could be wrong) was actually smiling while he was holding the guy down to be tazed. Made me sick to my stomach.

#636 - 09/25/07 02:12 PM Re: Inciting a riot? [Re: Nemesis]
MCSA TEK Offline
pledge

Loc: Orlando Fl USA
He was an idiot. Simply review the video and count the times he intentionally caused a scene. It was his intention to be disruptive and there is a price to be paid for resisting authority.

He paid it.

Its ridiculous for him to then come back and claim to be victimized. All that does is weakens the case for those who truly are abused for no reason by the police.

Just this morning on the TV, I saw the woman who was tazered earlier this week. She was in an interview claiming to be a victim and suffering from "double, and sometimes triple vision". (her words, not mine)

Her video clearly shows her refusing to lay down, shoving the police, and kicking the cop cars windows.

She deserved it too.

Place yourselves in this cops position. You really want to stand there wrestling with some star struck nit whit trying to get his 15 minutes of fame, or with some drunken woman intent on breaking the windows of your car? Also don't forget how little they will be paying you.

Show me abuse, and I'm right with you condemning it. But this isn't it.

Chris

#638 - 09/25/07 03:01 PM Re: Inciting a riot? [Re: MCSA TEK]
Cody Offline
pledge

Interesting, but I feel that a few minutes clips don't comprise the whole or ever will, it's usually a cheap shot to fill someones else's pocket or induce you to support their cause, I'd love to have been there, who knows, I might have "tased" my "bro's" ass if I felt he deserved it, overall I'd love to see the whole scenario from beginning to end, but that doesn't make good news in the gutter press which = profits.
#649 - 09/25/07 07:38 PM Re: Inciting a riot? [Re: Cody]
Nemesis Offline

Actually, there is a video of his entire speech, including its fantastic conclusion. The speaker had given his camcorder to a girl sitting near the podium and just asked her to film it. He didn't even know her. She got everything on video. Which just goes to show that this guy was up there to purposely cause a scene, but I doubt he'd planned on the actual outcome of his stupidity. He wasn't even protesting anything important, just thought it would be a fabulous opportunity to get his 15 minutes of fame--and 50,000 volts.

#655 - 09/25/07 09:24 PM Re: Inciting a riot? [Re: Nemesis]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
Bringing up the skull and bones and asking Kerry why he conceded the election to Bush are unimportant questions? I think the kid was nervous as shit and just warming up...

Inciting a riot? It would be nice if before you comment on these videos you all watch them...

Edited by ta2zz (09/25/07 09:29 PM)

#677 - 09/26/07 07:23 PM Re: Inciting a riot? [Re: ta2zz]
Nemesis Offline

I did watch the entire video.

It's pretty clear that, while he may have had a legitimate question, he went about it in a pretty rude and obnoxious manner. You can see half of the students either start laughing or get disgusted when he insists on finishing his question, some even getting up and leaving. That indicates to me that this guy is known for joking around and bullshitting people, and he kept trying to hop away from the police as they tried to get him out of the auditorium, yelling out loudly to everyone "What did I do? I just wanted to ask my question! Why are you arresting me?" over and over again, to gain attention. If he'd approached the mic in a more respectful manner, I'm sure there wouldn't have been any trouble whatsoever, and he probably would have had his questions answered, since Kerry had said he wanted to hear them.

#817 - 10/02/07 07:03 PM Re: Inciting a riot? [Re: Nemesis]
ICouldBuyYouAll Offline
stranger

Loc: Expensive
The mother fucker got what he deserved plain and simple. He's got a website as the matter of a fact in which he is known for pulling pranks and other bullshit of the sort.

This time it caught up with him and he got tagged and his 15 minutes of fame.

He wasn't a victim of police brutality, but of his own stupidity.

And I enjoyed the "Owwww owwww" part the most out of the entire footage actually.

"Don't taz me BRO!" to a black cop.

Brilliant.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.