Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#49361 - 02/22/11 04:40 AM Bob Proctor's 'The Secret'
Hegesias Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MulLAfffQoQ

Who sees what/ who is beneath this philosophy?

Tell 'the secret' to staving kids in Africa Bob.. 'Hey there little boy, visualise some steak and potatoes, you just have a bad attitude about starving to death'

#49373 - 02/22/11 12:42 PM Re: Bob Proctor's 'The Secret' [Re: Hegesias]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

As long as they keep us imagining what we want, they stop us from actually acting upon our desire and getting it.

I never met anyone believing in "the secret" but I'd sure like to see the shock on their face, when them being in a "positive vibration" and attracting me.

D.

Edited by Diavolo (02/22/11 12:46 PM)

#49383 - 02/22/11 03:59 PM Re: Bob Proctor's 'The Secret' [Re: Hegesias]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Hegesias
Who sees what/ who is beneath this philosophy?

What is beneath it can be described as karma but instead of being rewarded/punished for deeds done, it is simplified down to merely thinking/wishing to get results.

D.

#49394 - 02/22/11 05:04 PM Re: Bob Proctor's 'The Secret' [Re: Diavolo]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
The real mistake this perpetuates is the cult of "positive thinking", where all shortfalls are attributed to simply not thinking happy thoughts.

I see some of this delusional thinking in some occult circles, particularly in those that try to simplify magic as just an elevated form of wishful thinking.

However, if you want a sure-fire way to become successful and rich, forget visualization! Simply charge other people money to hear you spew out half-baked pop psychology that will supposedly bring them fortune. No lame mental exercises required, just some acting ability.

#49396 - 02/22/11 05:08 PM Re: Bob Proctor's 'The Secret' [Re: The Zebu]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

If positive thinking works, one could wonder why the negative thinking didn't die out.

D.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.