Page 4 of 16 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#48103 - 02/05/11 11:47 AM Re: Anton LaVey's Satanism is "outdated?" [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Antonio Offline
stranger

Quote:
While he may indeed be an intelligent individual that does nothing, in my mind, to alter the fact that he is a pompous douche-bag with a grandiose superiority complex and little reason for it.

I have the distinct impression he is a humble man, besides the sinister undertones of his manners and speech. Even if he were indeed arrogant, he still would have his intelligence and education to back it up to some degree.

Funnily enough, after reading some of your posts on this forum, I see you as a character that perfectly fits your description above.

Are you projecting your own shortcomings onto others?.

#48104 - 02/05/11 11:51 AM Re: Anton LaVey's Satanism Outdated? [Re: Antonio]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Antonio
 Quote:
PLEASE buy the hardcovers of these books. It's only fair to the authors who only make a small amount from each sale.

Can you still buy brand new harcover versions of LaVey's work?. I thought they were out of print.

My mistake... was typing during my 1st cup of coffee.

I meant "hard copies," and in this instance, paperbacks, because yes, the hard covers have long since gone the way of the dodo.

#48108 - 02/05/11 12:06 PM Re: Anton LaVey's Satanism Outdated? [Re: Jake999]
Antonio Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Jake999
hard covers have long since gone the way of the dodo.

That's sad. Can someone take the task of printing them in harcover versions to sell them?.

#48109 - 02/05/11 12:10 PM Re: Anton LaVey's Satanism is "outdated?" [Re: Antonio]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

No, I am not projecting anything, I'm merely stating an opinion. One that apparently got your panties in a bunch.

#48110 - 02/05/11 12:16 PM Re: Anton LaVey's Satanism is "outdated?" [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Antonio Offline
stranger

Before claiming someone is arrogant, it's better to make sure you are not guilty of the same mistake you are pointing out in others. Are you sure you don't come out as arrogant yourself?.

Anyway, perhaps you see some aspect of his personality that I don't. That's fine to me.

#48112 - 02/05/11 12:23 PM Re: Anton LaVey's Satanism is "outdated?" [Re: Antonio]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I can say whatever I want about whoever I want and no one, least of all you, can stop me. People can think I am arrogant all they want, I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it.

My disdain for Gilmore comes from more than his arrogance, though, he is also a hypocritical jackass and something about his face says "punch me". I'm not sure why but whenever I see him I get the urge to punch him. Some people just rub me the wrong way I guess.

#48114 - 02/05/11 12:48 PM Re: Anton LaVey's Satanism is "outdated?" [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Antonio Offline
stranger

Besides the little credibility you may have, of course you can say anything you want. Keep in mind that your public persona is seriously compromised by your unsubstantiated claims and baseless pride.

BTW, Gilmore comes out as a much more credible individual than you are. That may explain your desire to punch him, because you clearly feel you can't be his better.

#48116 - 02/05/11 12:59 PM Re: Anton LaVey's Satanism is "outdated?" [Re: Antonio]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

You know absolutely nothing about my credibility therefore you are not qualified to speak on it. Also, my "public persona" i.e. my real life is not in the least bit affected by anything I post on here. There is only a small group of people on this site who know what my real name is.

Every claim I have made has been backed up with evidence elsewhere on this site. That you have failed to notice is your problem alone. And I can assure you that the amount of pride I have is not at all baseless. Your claims that my claims are unsubstantiated are themselves unsubstantiated and the same can be said about your calling my pride "baseless".

Oh and I could best Gilmore at many things: shooting, welding, cooking and cunnilingus are but a few of them.

I wonder why you are feel the need to defend him so much. One thing is for sure: you would be a perfect match for the ass-licking festival that is today's Church of Satan.

#48118 - 02/05/11 01:00 PM Re: Anton LaVey's Satanism is "outdated?" [Re: Antonio]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Antonio, when it comes to credibility you really have no leg to stand on in this place, nor are you in any position to point fingers.

Your arrogance would not be so laughable if it were not resting squarely on ignorance and a false sense of entitlement, but it is, so we laugh.

If you feel the LaVey fan club that is the modern day CoS, and it's leader that has coasted on the coattails of a man long dead is so 'credible', perhaps you should take your sycophantic position over to LttD. You have contributed nothing here of any depth, scope, or worth, and your understanding is infantile.

Another 'instant expert' from a deep and seemingly inexhaustible pool of them being shat out by the internet. Boring.

#48122 - 02/05/11 02:35 PM Re: Anton LaVey's Satanism is "outdated?" [Re: Dan_Dread]
Antonio Offline
stranger

Ha!. You are no different from the CoS' elitists you claim to be superior to. Just because you hold the forum title of "Familiar" doesn't make you an expert on the subject.

BTW, I never claimed any title or credentials, just pointing out the obvious. If you can't differentiate between a knowledgeable person and the satanist charicature, you are simply ignorant.

Step down from your pedestals. You are a just a group of arrogant nobodies typing behind a computer screen pretending to be someone important.

#48124 - 02/05/11 02:38 PM Re: Anton LaVey's Satanism is "outdated?" [Re: Antonio]
SkaffenAmtiskaw Moderator Offline
veteran member

I warned you. Now leave.

#48165 - 02/05/11 11:04 PM Re: Anton LaVey's Satanism Outdated? [Re: Jake999]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
... the hard covers have long since gone the way of the dodo.

You haven't missed much, because [unlike the original Compleat Witch, which was a high-quality typeset hardcover] the 1972 hardcover SB & SR were just photocopy blowups from the Avon paperback pages in very cheap hardcover. [Only my new SB Introduction was typeset.] That's the way University Books operated at the time. And there was just one printing run of each. Anton was less annoyed than Diane and I were; he said that the fuzzy blow-ups gave the text an "antique" look. The power of positive thinking!]

One of my now-and-then projects has been to start assembling a new volume, titled the SB, which would consist of the original SB & SR together, freshly formatted & in color, with all of the grammar and composition structure cleaned up, and extensively footnoted/annotated. The result could be made available in .pdf form, for anyone to download and fine-paper print & custom-bind; or it could be preprinted & bound thus - something like I did the 2nd Edition of The Church of Satan: [faux] black elephant-hide with a silver-embossed Baphomet on the cover.

Here are a couple of the draft pages so far:

There are a few problems, of course:

(1) The ęs for both books are still active. After all the ASLV-croak legal circus, I'm not sure who actually owns them, and haven't tried to find out. If Gilmore owns them now, I doubt he'd give permission for something like this unless he could mess with it, which is out of the question. So if this project ever sees public access, it would probably be in the post-PG future.

(2) There is a huge amount of interesting annotation & footnoting information for both SB & SR texts. Comprehensively done, this could dwarf the text itself. The result would be a very scholarly reference work, but possibly at the expense of the original "stand-alone" atmosphere and glamour, as it were. Still pondering that.

Anyway, this is just a long-term occasional-dabble right now.

#48185 - 02/06/11 06:38 AM Re: Anton LaVey's Satanism Outdated? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
(2) There is a huge amount of interesting annotation & footnoting information for both SB & SR texts. Comprehensively done, this could dwarf the text itself. The result would be a very scholarly reference work, but possibly at the expense of the original "stand-alone" atmosphere and glamour, as it were. Still pondering that.

There is always the possibility to make 2 versions. One being the "original" with perhaps a more cleaned up look (or some small changes to let the book breath an atmosphere of long-passed ages and antiquity... I'm thinking of a hard-leathery bound cover with a baphomet encrusted in the middle and pages with a golden side), the other one being the scholars book which is practically the same except for addendum's and footnotes.

And to think as a real business person, you could make the scholar version just a little more expensive. Cashing in twice the money for almost the same texts. (I know it sounds like blasphemy to most who hold ASL in high regards, but in these modern times it is best to be economically oriented).

Edited by Dimitri (02/06/11 06:39 AM)

#48192 - 02/06/11 08:20 AM Re: Anton LaVey's Satanism Outdated? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino

There are a few problems, of course:

(1) The ęs for both books are still active. After all the ASLV-croak legal circus, I'm not sure who actually owns them, and haven't tried to find out. If Gilmore owns them now, I doubt he'd give permission for something like this unless he could mess with it, which is out of the question. So if this project ever sees public access, it would probably be in the post-PG future.

Anyway, this is just a long-term occasional-dabble right now.

If I'm going to be honest with you, the idea comes off as crass and trying to glom onto Dr, LaVey's accomplishments, as if they were your own. No matter how you spin it, it's not going to look good. After the history you've had with The Church, I'd say it's probably about the worst idea you have ever had.

AND I can pretty much predict that you will spend the rest of your life in litigation, because the copyrighted material is in the hands of the family, and even there, it's convoluted.

#48200 - 02/06/11 10:10 AM Re: Anton LaVey's Satanism Outdated? [Re: Jake999]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
If I'm going to be honest with you, the idea comes off as crass and trying to glom onto Dr, LaVey's accomplishments, as if they were your own. No matter how you spin it, it's not going to look good. After the history you've had with The Church, I'd say it's probably about the worst idea you have ever had.

AND I can pretty much predict that you will spend the rest of your life in litigation, because the copyrighted material is in the hands of the family, and even there, it's convoluted.

I agree with your second paragraph on the sheer practicalities. However, we can all dream a little dream. And I happen to think this particular dream would be an interesting one to see played out, even if only on the Dreamtime of the internet..

As a sidebar, I would find less than a small dose of irony in an eventuality where ASL's heirs sued ANYONE for copyright infringement.

JK

Page 4 of 16 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.