Page 1 of 9 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#49515 - 02/24/11 10:40 AM For the record . . .
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
I'll post this here simply because I've said it, and I'm always to the face . . .

Originally Posted By: Jason King
I don't know about the "quality of content" seeing as how I've only been on 600 for a couple of months. What I *do* know is that on 600 there are about 3-4 "visionaries" and about twice that number of "smart cookies". It makes for a dialogue of mausoleal (just coined by JK, all royalties on future use are reserved) proportions. And I don't care what anyone says, you *can* split an adjectival phrase with a parenthetical and people won't lose track.

Here on SIN, the content is fresh, the faces real, and the difference between "blue" and "white" is nonexistent. 600 is a black and white TV — sure it's good for the sharpness of contrast and nostalgic feel, it was surpassed as a model a long time ago. The color TV, and lately, the digital multimedia network have gone waaaaaaaay beyond these things. "Smart cookies"? Yeah we have those too. "Visionaries"? Of course. But ours are better guaranteed. I'd take a Beast Xeno+Ego Diabolus over a Jake999 and 6Satan6Archist6 any day of the week, and there wouldn't even be a twinge of a second thought.

But the real difference lies in the *others*, as the "familiar faces" of SIN tend to be real individuals, if you know what I mean. I guess there is something to be said for that whole cross-networking thing after all. I'll take a BoboBad over a Dimitri every single time — one is simply more real than the other.

Sure, 600 has it's draws, no question about it. But the best of these is still little more than a tired warhorse running his victory lap. Here on SIN, we have yet to meet the gaze of Medusa, if you will. The really brightest of us are actually members of both sites, but the "where we post what" thing is so telling. These are the same that understand the I in SIN has an occulted meaning as "Independent".

Ultimately, only time will tell which, if either of these media, has passed the test. So far 600 has stood the test of time in a way that SIN can only aspire to. In this I agree with DD. But I also read dem tea leaves purty darn good… .

JK

Have fun, 600.

JK

#49517 - 02/24/11 11:22 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Jason King]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
It’s an opinion and you are entitled to it.
Some prefer the newest gadgets, others prefer ones with a reliable and proven history.
I happen to think black and white TV’s are great.

#49520 - 02/24/11 11:46 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Jason King]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
You are, of course, welcome to your opinion. I personally find this kind of public out calling of specific individuals a bit on the juvenile side, but that really is one major difference between 600 and SIN... we tend to be a bit on the older side and the general 'flavor' of the place reflects that.

As for the format being 'surpassed' ... I've always drawn a hard line between what is 'networking' and what is 'forum'. Personally speaking, I'm not looking to make personal connections of any kind beyond that available on the forums. I have as many friends as I can handle in my daily life, I don't need any added complications by way of online friends etc. The purpose for going to a forum versus going to a social networking site are different (or should be).

I have nothing against SIN. It's simply not the format that I most enjoy partaking in. I have no doubt there are sharp minds there but honestly the amount of bitch fighting, personal entanglements, and everything else that takes away from the focus is too off putting for me.

We have many 'real' individuals here with real life experience beyond Satanism that have shaped them into what they are. Give me a Jake999 (who you called out) who is a proven success in mastering life any day over 500 kids who've just discovered they might be 'Satinists'. Give me a 6, who works hard everyday in accomplishing actual goals in the real world over anyone I encountered during my short time at SIN. I doubt you know the quality of folk you do encounter here, white/blue/green, because you seem more interested in pushing your agenda than you do in taking any time to process what others are saying (or you are quick to discard it).

It's all good though. If we're too 'old' for you, too black and white, too whatever else you're babbling about then don't post here, it's not a requirement. SIN isn't for me, so I don't post and/or participate there. It isn't hard.

#49529 - 02/24/11 12:32 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Jason King]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

It was nice knowing you King. Good luck on your path.

D.

#49533 - 02/24/11 01:15 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Fnord]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Originally Posted By: Fnord
a bit on the juvenile side, but that really is one major difference between 600 and SIN... we tend to be a bit on the older side and the general 'flavor' of the place reflects that.

The future is written with the power and blood of youth. THIS is Satanism, the very essence thereof. The young lioness taking her rightful place in the pride.

I have as many friends as I can handle in my daily life, I don't need any added complications by way of online friends etc.

And yet here you are, making "online friends". I keep telling Jorge that even though it may be rare, autofail actually does exist. But anyway . . .

The purpose for going to a forum versus going to a social networking site are different (or should be).

indeed, they are not. Regardless of whether we realize it, we are where we are (in each and every exchange) because we value holism. Anton's third "sin" was solipsism, and it is the nadir of this very virtue.

I have nothing against SIN. It's simply not the format that I most enjoy partaking in. I have no doubt there are sharp minds there but honestly the amount of bitch fighting, personal entanglements, and everything else that takes away from the focus is too off putting for me.

Those undesirable elements occur everywhere. Perhaps you are unaware of them here, but nevertheless, they persist. Where SIN differs is not among these transient things (e.g. "it looks shiny in the moonlight"), but rather in the richness and realness of personality.

We have many 'real' individuals here with real life experience beyond Satanism that have shaped them into what they are. Give me a Jake999 (who you called out) who is a proven success in mastering life any day over 500 kids . . .

Not sure if you know this, but the two names I gave are anything but "kids". And if either chooses to let you know, it ain't gonna be pretty.

you seem more interested in pushing your agenda than you do in taking any time to process what others are saying (or you are quick to discard it).

Someone who pretends to know the nature of my "agenda" should surely be able to put it on the table . . .

It's all good though. If we're too 'old' for you, too black and white, too whatever else you're babbling about then don't post here, it's not a requirement. SIN isn't for me, so I don't post and/or participate there. It isn't hard.

Always the same rejoinder. I'd say "sad," but I would probably be meaning "pathetic". If you don't like it here . . .

Let me tell you a bit about "here" - the place inhabited by the conscious mind is a true Heraclitan Flux, and also the anatman of the Buddhists. I am where I am, and I will always roll JK style.

JK

#49534 - 02/24/11 01:17 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Diavolo]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
It was nice knowing you King. Good luck on your path.

D.

You say this why?

I'll get fired long before I quit. Mark that.

JK

#49535 - 02/24/11 01:22 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Jason King]
Beast Xeno Offline
stranger

Loc: Tampa, Fl
As for the format being 'surpassed' ... I've always drawn a hard line between what is 'networking' and what is 'forum'.

I am going to have to agree with you on there being a hard line between the two. A forum is simply a place to discuss subjects of public interest. As I’ve come to know forums on the Internet, they all bare some similarity to a network. See a network also exists to discuss subjects of public interest, but unlike a forum; it offers a venue for people to work together to actually accomplish things. Waxing lyrically to some novelty of stratification of ideas is all fine and dandy, but actually being able to do something with those ideas is the proof of the pudding.

We have many 'real' individuals here with real life experience beyond Satanism that have shaped them into what they are. Give me a Jake999 (who you called out) who is a proven success in mastering life any day over 500 kids who've just discovered they might be 'Satinists'. Give me a 6, who works hard everyday in accomplishing actual goals in the real world over anyone I encountered during my short time at SIN.

I know you cannot seriously be saying this with a straight face. The irony of that would be monumental. You say there are ‘real’ individuals here? What exactly is your measure of ‘real’? Jason King contrasted Jake999 with myself and Jason Sorrell. I won’t bother talking about myself here. What I will say is this; Jason Sorrell isn’t just a “kid who has just discovered they might be ‘Satinists’ “, rather he is very accomplished. You see not only is he a very talented author, artist, and businessman; he is a very public figure doing his thing to manifest within the zeitgeist. He is not hiding behind some silly handle and phony avatar, he puts his REAL name and location out there. With Jason Sorrell, you get what you see period.

No disrespect to Jake999 as, I really haven’t much of a clue who he is. I only have encountered him in a few instances. I know he does something with the whole Dark Ryde Radio thing, and I’ve heard rumors that he once was LaVey’s hired muscle. However all of this serves to illustrate my point to a fault. A ‘real’ individual is just that, someone REAL. They aren’t hiding out on some archaic forum brow-beating every idea that offends them.

#49536 - 02/24/11 01:25 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Jason King]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Because I find your views interesting and wouldn't mind if you contributed more here. The fact that you prefer SIN above the club doesn't bother me; that's your choice. It doesn't change the fact that I find you likable, even in your very own often unlikable way.

I don't know if you'll get fired, I'd maybe suggest you'd better not burn bridges but then again, often that is exactly what we must do.

D.

#49537 - 02/24/11 01:30 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Jason King]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

What is the point of this thread?

Did you make it because you are truly "face to face" or did you do it because you wanted to stir the proverbial pot of shit?

#49540 - 02/24/11 01:35 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Jake999 Offline

Damn. Someone who doesn't know me... I'm crushed. Really.

Marking the date on the calendar... another day not to really care.

#49541 - 02/24/11 01:38 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Jake999]
Autodidact Offline

Hey, waitaminit - this isn't cross-over from the infiltration and surveillance thread, is it?

Holy shit, they are watching me!!!

#49542 - 02/24/11 01:42 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Beast Xeno]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Relax, I wasn't referring to you or Sorrell.

I was defending the two that JK called out as inferior and comparing them to the mass traffic on SIN of new folks who aren't yet grounded in the philosophy. I've already told you that I appreciate your efforts and listen to your show.

The rest of this is just troll bait.

#49543 - 02/24/11 01:43 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Diavolo]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
The fact that you prefer SIN above the club doesn't bother me; that's your choice. It doesn't change the fact that I find you likable, even in your very own often unlikable way.

Truth be told, I came here for Aquino. That, by now, is common knowledge. I stayed, despite his disappointing me to all hell, because of YOU. And Zebu. And Autodidact. And believe it or not, Fnord. And Morgan.

This might seem like name-dropping, but it's really just me droppin' names. Of the people I enjoy here. Cool thing about being JK is that even though you can be fired, at the end of the day, you're still the King.

JK

#49544 - 02/24/11 01:49 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Jason King]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I appreciate the mentioning. Know that should the King have left the building, from somewhere in the shadows, I'll be watching you with interest. As I did for a long time.

D.

#49546 - 02/24/11 01:56 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
What is the point of this thread?

Did you make it because you are truly "face to face" or did you do it because you wanted to stir the proverbial pot of shit?

Probably both, but who knows?

The "point" of this thread is the simple fact that my OP was posted elsewhere, and I believe in blatancy, for lack of a better word. If I'm going to mention 600 and certain people thereupon, I'll give them the courtesy of seeing it firsthand.

We can also let this thread be a test of the butthurt meter if you want. It's up to you. Both of you. All of you.

"If I desired to step back for a second and see the nature of the meta-dialogue, perhaps I could rejoin with force. But no, I seek after petty fraternities despite my boasts to the contrary." - the 600th clown

Page 1 of 9 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.