Page 3 of 9 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#49577 - 02/24/11 04:45 PM Re: The Official Butthurt Thread ® [Re: Fnord]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Many a Satanic network and forum have come and gone within the lifespan of 600, and many more will yet. I'm sure many of them felt their network/site would be the penultimate one to stand the test of time.

Yet they are all gone, and here we still are.

Will SIN prove itself something special? Who knows. I enjoy that place, but to be honest without the tinychat it is just another mediocre forum.

#49582 - 02/24/11 04:56 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Jason King]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Jason, you came here and from the very start you were self – promoting and looking to get the same sort of adulation or favourable reaction you had and have received at the MCOS and SIN.

Hey look I can understand, everybody wants to dominate and shape others thinking if they can.

The problem is that this place, in my view, doesn’t roll that way. The people here are too strong to be dominated in such a way. They just won’t lay down and automatically recognise your genius, particularly if they have earned the right to wear the blue, green or red.

I think mentioning Jake and 6 was inappropriate. Those gents do not have to justify themselves here. I value knowledge, experience and results over youth and revolutionary intentions and when it comes to experience and knowledge Jake is The King.

I also find it inappropriate that you have made this a SIN versus 600 Club battle when this is really about something else. I actually like SIN and enjoy reading the posts there. There are a lot of sharp people at SIN.

Anyway, good luck to you.

#49588 - 02/24/11 06:02 PM Re: The Official Butthurt Thread ® [Re: Fnord]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Fnord
Satanism is this way. It has a core that is undeniable and ancient. If the young mold it into something too much of their own making then they are no longer carrying Satanism forward. They are creating something new and distinctly different. This isn't to say that it can't have multitudes of personalities as, undeniably, it can (and does).

I think it is the duty of the young to attack the old, question or reject it, and aspire something new. Through that, everything keeps evolving and hopefully, improving. Of course the old won't always like this but the old should not settle for the familiar, or the comfortable, but attempt to keep a young mind, remaining a child, and adapt according the changes. In remaining a child and keep changing/learning as our world changes, lies the real value of living.

D.

#49589 - 02/24/11 06:39 PM Re: The Official Butthurt Thread ® [Re: Diavolo]
Caladrius Offline

Loc: SoCal
Also, isn't it like Science in a way?

For example, we can say that all of these new generation theoretical physicists and quantum physicists with their new ideas and mathematical equations will - are - changing Newtonian Physics, Cosmology, and Science as we KNEW it.

But have those new generation physicist really changed science into something different or something else? Have they really changed Science, or just the understandings of fields and disciplines and theories in and of science. That should - must - change.

Is Satanism a static phenomenon where a new generation must keep it the same shape and form as they have gotten it from the older generations? Or else it changes into something different?

Edited by Caladrius (02/24/11 06:40 PM)

#49590 - 02/24/11 07:42 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: ]
LucyFur Offline

Loc: Bible Belt, USA
 Originally Posted By: MatthewJ1

I also find it inappropriate that you have made this a SIN versus 600 Club battle when this is really about something else. I actually like SIN and enjoy reading the posts there. There are a lot of sharp people at SIN.

Anyway, good luck to you.

I have to agree with Mathew here. Why create a false rivalry between SIN and 600 Club? There seems to be plenty of everything on the internet. If one forum or social network does not suit you, why create a bunch of needless drama about it? This is what I think of your troll bait thread:

#49595 - 02/24/11 09:41 PM Re: JK's Opinion Thread [Re: Beast Xeno]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
 Originally Posted By: Beast Xeno
This kills me man. You offered a little perspective, hoping to kindle some thought. It was met not with deliberation or discourse, but with snobbery. Sad.

So do tell. What was the real intention of posting this type of start to a thread here? JK offered an opinion that wasn't asked of him by anyone here that I'm aware of and that was suppose to kindle what kind of thought exactly Beast Xeno?

You and JK expected what kind of results from this? To walk into someone else's lair and feel it is right to poke your fingers in said lair's residents chests, you expected deliberation and dicourse afterwards? Seriously?

If this is a shining example of what SIN is like, I know I have no real desire to be there. Simply because I've been to enough boards where cattiness is the prime objective and only serves to eat up time that can be better spent. At least here, the trash is taken out regularly and time is not wasted on trying to get rid of it. If that's "snobbery", then so be it. I tend to enjoy a clean home.

#49599 - 02/24/11 10:34 PM Re: JK's Opinion Thread [Re: Nyte]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
To address JK himself, that is purely your opinion, which noone asked for. Hmm, and the first, third and eleventh Satanic laws are a wash with you, I see. Suppose the 4th was more than appropriate to address your insolence with, huh? Then you have the gall to claim it was a butt hurt response from anyone here? Arrogance will get you nowhere, at least not here.

If this site changes it will be because it should, and not because of something you think it should be doing. I personally don't want all my personal information out all over the web, free for anyone to see for many, MANY reasons. But be sure of this, those that earn my trust get to know me, the person behind this screen name, not before. As it should be for any Satanist.

Be careful where you tread because rest assured, new fangled gadgets come along every day, only to replace those that have bolstered to be the "best". The difference is, the 600C has stood the test of time, Jake, 6Satan and all. You'll learn some day, the "in your face" approach may very well get you in over your head and you will have earned it all by your self.

Challenge away, just know who you're actually challenging because quite frankly, you may not be more than a piss ant to those you challenge.

#49600 - 02/24/11 10:51 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Jason King]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Honestly, this is a pretty sad post from you.

Are you leaving the site?
or complaining cause no one kisses your ass here?

For you to compare members here to people over at that other site is beyond stupid. If you so love the people at that other site then by all means don't let the door hit your ass. Which is funny since the only one who stands out is Mindfux with his posts and you didn't mention him.

Did you need an attention fix since you haven't written anything here lately?

You wrote, "on SIN, the content is fresh, the faces real, and the difference between "blue" and "white" is nonexistent"

Exactly, no one stands out.

Dude, why are you starting troll like trouble?
I find it to be a bit below what I have come to expect from you.

Whatever, you know what happens to trolls here.

Morgan

#49617 - 02/25/11 12:30 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Morgan]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
Morgan, I will never stop loving you. Ever.

Sweet and succinct. Clear and concise.

Excuse the ass-kissing, but I have to give praise where it well deserved.

Oct

#49621 - 02/25/11 03:12 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Jason King]
Tesseract Offline

Loc: United States
All right, I’ve spent some additional time browsing through various sections at the S.I.N., and I have to say my original assessment has just been strengthened. I do stand corrected regarding the site’s profile picture policy: when I glanced at the Home page earlier I got the mistaken impression that the website required all users to use profile photos ostensibly of themselves, but profiles only need some type of avatar -- not left blank. Rather than just taking easy pot shots for cheap laughs (Comic Sans, too many users photos coming across like vampirefreaks.com rejects, official posts riddled with grammatical errors, etc.), I’ll just leave off with a rhetorical question: other than for the assumed motive of trolling, why would someone go out of their way to slag The 600 Club while championing SIN, when the latter is so clearly lacking in so many ways?
#49624 - 02/25/11 05:14 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Jason King]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Well, I must admit the very first days you were quite a pain in the ass displaying quite a huge ego. I thought you wouldn't survive here, yet after a few weeks I was pleasantly surprised to discover you're not always attacking people instead of their ideas and really have something to offer.

But as some of my remarks made in december, they're still standing and I think some members here are finally getting the point I made back then.

The thread leaves me with a huge "meh". There is an unspoken rule here which is quite the same the TOS uses.
 Originally Posted By: Xeper.org affilation
If a I° Initiate should decide that the Temple is not, after all, appropriate to his wants or needs, he is welcome to depart with our good wishes for satisfaction elsewhere.
With the slight change that I°Initiate would become "member".

Quote:
guess there is something to be said for that whole cross-networking thing after all. I'll take a BoboBad over a Dimitri every single time — one is simply more real than the other.

Well, she be having boobs. Can't blame you for that choice .

Sincerly
The 600 Clown.

Edited by Dimitri (02/25/11 05:15 AM)

#49625 - 02/25/11 05:33 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Tesseract]
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
@ JasonKing

I speak from a neutral stance.

I am a member of 600Club, SIN and MySatan. These leading Satanist outposts are unique and different, they are beyond compare.

I sense the attempt in your post to attempt to create conflict between 600Club and SIN, an attempt to win recruits to SIN, to create "butthurt" and to discredit 600Club. All these aims are pointless and have FAIL written all over them.

600Club is elitist, is intellectual and is equivalent of establishment. 600Club has a healthy mix of veteran and young Satanists. It is the strict authority, experience and maturity in 600Club that gives it stability and strength. SIN offers a new approach to expressing Satanism but is vulnerable both from the immaturity in its ranks and a potentially insecure web provider.

600Club has earned the right to feel elitist, to be a bit of a "snob". 600Club is a workhorse, but it works and clunks away regardless of what "sh*t" arises within and without, and when you have the likes of tough moderators as they have in 600Club little can go wrong.

You Mr King are an intellectual, you live in your head, and unleash ideas and words that sometimes even is beyond me to understand, but you will get people in 600Club who can match you, understand you, and give you an intellectual workout, something you will rarely find in SIN. I am thinking 600Club is advanced Satanism, and SIN offers something along the lines of lite Satanism. You both have a place and cater to different markets, you are no rivals, you move in different orbits.

I think it is silly to accuse 600Club of being unreal people, of course they are real people, there are no machines here. The difference perhaps is that 600Club attacks the idea, and in SIN there is perhaps a bias to attacking the person. Even though a number of people have already sussed out your hidden agenda for raising a non-issue in this thread, still in the main they give you respect by attacking the idea rather than you. There are no tantrums, no "butthurt", just some intellectual debate on the issues you raise.

You say this is about the young v's old. 600Club is made up of a mix of young and old, and I suspect SIN has a few older veterans as well. In 600Club you see the veterans keeping the site working and wiping out any problem before it has had a chance to develop, they have seen it and done it. In SIN the individual called "BoboBad" you championed as an ideal Satanist of SIN quit, deleted their account yesterday, due to some personalised name calling. "BoboBad" is the type of member you should not be losing. SIN has rules : 18+ : yet as I highlighted you are allowing minors to join, even when they are pointed out to you, and you Mr King are a SIN moderator who should be eliminating those type of people, hence you are encouraging immaturity in SIN.

I also think it silly that people are going from forum to forum stirring up sh*t be it paganspace.net or now 600Club, just to encourage people to visit and perhaps join SIN.

Lastly, if the wheel has been invented, why are you trying to re-invent the wheel? Sure SIN is trying to take Satanism in a new directon, perhaps encouraging a more active expression of Satanism in real life, but then there are loads of 600Club members who are wealthy and influential in real life by doing just that. You may be trying to make Satanism more about the individual Satanist than those of the group mentality like Chuch of Satan, but this sort of thing is happening in 600Club as well. In summary, SIN is offering nothing different to Satanism than what the sites of 600Club and MySatan is doing. I would like to add that if your strategy is to promote a version of Satanism based on irritating people on other sites then you are deluded, as they will do to you what paganspace.net did to the founder of SIN and suspended the "sh*t stirrers".

Edited by mabon2010 (02/25/11 05:39 AM)

#49626 - 02/25/11 05:45 AM Re: The Official Butthurt Thread ® [Re: Caladrius]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Caladrius
Also, isn't it like Science in a way?

For example, we can say that all of these new generation theoretical physicists and quantum physicists with their new ideas and mathematical equations will - are - changing Newtonian Physics, Cosmology, and Science as we KNEW it.

But have those new generation physicist really changed science into something different or something else? Have they really changed Science, or just the understandings of fields and disciplines and theories in and of science. That should - must - change.

Is Satanism a static phenomenon where a new generation must keep it the same shape and form as they have gotten it from the older generations? Or else it changes into something different?

"What? You aren't bloodletting to relieve him of his headache? That is not science."

As science, Satanism is dependent upon change and like science there will be many failed attempts while evolving, compared to the few successful transformations, but never, while transforming along its evolutionary track, it will stop being Satanism.

Any young person simply embracing Satanism as is, never understood the point.

D.

#49628 - 02/25/11 06:45 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: mabon2010]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: mabon2010
I think it is silly to accuse 600Club of being unreal people, of course they are real people, there are no machines here.

Excuse me for not continuing into the perceived tribal war, but the idea there are no “real” people here does have some merit. What I am here is nothing but a temporal manifestation of an underlying essence. As such, D. here is not real. It is a self-created vessel designed for a specific purpose. Many confuse that part of them which participates into any form of interaction with others, as their real “me”, as their identity, but identity itself is a cage; a frozen moment in evolution which, when not perceived as such, and relieved of such, blocks any further progress.

So yes, I am surely not real.

D.

#49629 - 02/25/11 06:50 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Diavolo]
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
@ Diavolo

Regadless of name, image or persona one presents in an internet forum there is still a real person pulling the strings. If you were not "real" you would be unable to understand or respond to my post in a meaningful manner.

In real life it is the same, people present personas or masks, but those illusions would fail unless there was a real person behind them.

Page 3 of 9 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.