Page 4 of 9 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#49630 - 02/25/11 07:00 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: mabon2010]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Why my friend is there always this need for simplicities? Why this desire to cage anything in, to dumb it down to something understandable to all.

What would that real person behind it all be? Your body; an ever-changing biological construct? Or your mind, being real as it is today? Then what were you yesterday? Or tomorrow?

What is this real person you are here and in how much does it reflect that beyond what you are here?

If it completely matches, I pity you. If it doesn't...

D.

#49634 - 02/25/11 08:34 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Beast Xeno]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
 Originally Posted By: Jason King
I'll post this here simply because I've said it, and I'm always to the face . . .

Always?

A majority of the top Club posters contribute quality content. If one were to make a list of top posters this week on SIN, many would be those with lots of spare time (read: no life/job) and little thought per post. Quality makes up a higher portion of both posts and members on 600. Beast & Ego are two members of roughly 1000, and post relatively rarely. Yeah, the youth are the future, but I'm not yet sold on the idea that we're always moving in a desirable direction over time. Nor am I convinced that the youth represented on SIN are the ones who are really going to matter.

It is possible to compare the sites (as Dan did) without name dropping and claiming certain members have smaller e-peens than others'.

Originally Posted By: Beast Xeno
See a network also exists to discuss subjects of public interest, but unlike a forum; it offers a venue for people to work together to actually accomplish things.

In theory, yes. In practice, online networks are a surrogate for real-world action instead of a facilitator. And I'm not sure what it is SIN is supposed to be "accomplishing" besides a Halloween party. If getting Satanists together in a single room is an accomplishment, note the banner about the 13th annual Black Xmas. I'm willing to bet more showed up to that than will to Austin.

I respect you both, but I'm missing the constructive purpose this was meant to serve.

#49635 - 02/25/11 08:47 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: XiaoGui17]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Not desiring to mingle into the argument but the idea that networks will accomplish more than forums isn't necessarily true. On the Internet, forums might be old style and networks the new approach but ultimately there isn't much difference between them.

In the past we used vinyl, nowadays the digital but ultimately, we're still just playing music.

D.

#49637 - 02/25/11 09:28 AM Too many replies, so little time . . . [Re: Jason King]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
Sorry if I leave anyone out, but I'll hit the stuff that stuck in my head . . .

Easiest first - LucyFur: when you post the "I-don't-give-a-fuck-ometer," you obviously give enough of a fuck to do so. Try harder next time.

A broad reply to those who would question my motives and accuse me of starting a "site war": This was posted without context, but now since DD has replied, I feel I can share the post of his to which I was replying on SIN. I posted it here as well simply because I do not believe in talking about any of you behind your backs, I'd rather you get it to the face.

Originally Posted By: Dan Dread
I dunno about it being a graveyard JK. The difference in quality of content, insofar as the forums are concerned, is night and day. The activity generally about the same, it has actually been far more active over than here as of late.

Not hating on SIN, I just think these two sites are categorically different. This is the pool hall, that's the dojo.

As far as the original blog goes, it pains me to see this dredged back up from the murky depths, but well written just the same.

What I was taking issue with was the phrase "quality of content . . . is night and day," and at the same time taking a broader look at the vectors on each site. To me, the "quality of content" is no better on 600, just more top heavy.

To the guy/girl with the rules - Nyte: When you do that, you have already told me a lot about yourself. Let me tell you what would have been beautiful. Instead of this being a four page thread, it was a single unanswered post. THEN, maybe then you would have a point. Think about it.

MatthewJ1: You are mistaken, I was never warmly welcomed on MCoS. Shit, dude, half of them still don't know that Elvis is the King. As for mentioning names, that's how I roll. I have no solid beef with either Jake or 6, but perhaps they do with me. I pointed a finger. A finger that asked "what have you done for me lately?" And if someone (else, see above) wants to make an issue of the "we're better than you" thing, I'll simply start parsing that out. When you (and the others) start seeing the full context, it should make sense. And if I have to spell it out that the "me" fifty words ago does not mean JK, then you fail again.

6: you make me chuckle without even trying. The same dude who was sticking his imaginary tongue in Lady Gaga's fly-infested booty is now calling me on my use of projection? I'll say it again, and this time I'll try to make it soes you can git it. Projection does not always indicate "I see A in you because I have a repression of A in me". Sometimes the matrix of the mind is a tad bit more complicated. When you projected onto me the qualities of

Originally Posted By: 6
You seem to think you are something special, and anyone who fails to recognize this and stroke your fragile ego is somehow below you

you actually weren't talking about me. You were talking about . . . oh, wait, I think that's a bit of something YOU need to figure out.

Morgan: I really do love it when you run in guns blazin'. But your piece is telling as well. So let's have a look-see:

Originally Posted By: Morgan
Honestly, this is a pretty sad post from you.

Sad? No, I was actually quite nonchalant while composing this. Oh, wait, you meant I disappointed you. Yeah, I do that from time to time.

Are you leaving the site?

Did I say I was? But it's nice to know you'd miss me.

or complaining cause no one kisses your ass here?

I truly loathe ass-kissers. Those who challenge me and push me, these have my respect. Honestly, M, you have more ass-kissers than I do, just scroll down the thread if you doubt me.

For you to compare members here to people over at that other site is beyond stupid.

In politics, there is a ploy whereby you never drop the name of your opponent - I see you've got that down. "Beyond stupid" - and what would that be exactly?

I compare people all the time. Everybody does, you included.

If you so love the people at that other site then by all means don't let the door hit your ass.

Either/or fallacy. Just sayin'.

Which is funny since the only one who stands out is Mindfux with his posts and you didn't mention him.

Mindfux is just plain AWESOME. AS is Diavolo. As is . . . wait, see this is the funny thing - you took this as a tit for tat, when it wasn't. Yeah, sure, I put two up against two up, but it was in response to a general claim (see above).

Did you need an attention fix since you haven't written anything here lately?

This actually has two ways it can be understood. And I'll go with the killshot approach . . .

Whether you like it or not, when I start a thread, it generally runs three pages minimum. The fact that I can get you (and you, and you . . .) to pay attention is telling. Where is the last thread started by Morgan running that length? Or ANY ONE of the people I've responded to above? Dig. Dig deeper.

You wrote, "on SIN, the content is fresh, the faces real, and the difference between "blue" and "white" is nonexistent"

Exactly, no one stands out.

Actually, plenty of people stand out. I guess that was the big point that just flew right over your head. It's a good thing though, pointy shit hitting the head is always bad for the head.

Dude, why are you starting troll like trouble?
I find it to be a bit below what I have come to expect from you.

Whatever, you know what happens to trolls here.

This may be stoopid, and below the 600 IQ, but what exactly counts as a "troll". The more I see this bandied about, it approaches specific meaning at: "the powers that be need to shut this dude down".

Oh, but wait, that actually sounds a bit like some other guy I've heard about . . .

JK

#49638 - 02/25/11 09:42 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Diavolo]
Autodidact Offline

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
So yes, I am surely not real.

That's too bad, I was just starting to like you ;\)

Not desiring to mingle into the argument but the idea that networks will accomplish more than forums isn't necessarily true. On the Internet, forums might be old style and networks the new approach but ultimately there isn't much difference between them.

In the past we used vinyl, nowadays the digital but ultimately, we're still just playing music.

It's not a question of old vs new - they are different communication models, and they serve different purposes. 1:1, 1:many, many:1, many:many; one-liners, paragraphs, essays, longer; filtered or not; depending on what type of niche you're trying to set up will determine which attributes work best.

Now, different areas may differ in popularity, but that's something else entirely.

Originally Posted By: XiaoGui17
Yeah, the youth are the future, but I'm not yet sold on the idea that we're always moving in a desirable direction over time.

For me, the only significant advantage that facespace-type networks help me accomplish is that instead of just listening to my own circle whine, I can now listen to everybody whine.

#49641 - 02/25/11 11:01 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Autodidact]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

The Internet is a tool and so are its different methods of expression. In that respect, networks or forums don't differ since the only valuable part behind it are the very individuals interacting. In the end, those individuals are responsible for anything productive or rejectable which sprouts from it.

Of course when looking at the others we tend to focus on the differences and quickly assume ours is better. I admit, too often I judge identical. But this is mainly and an instinctive and protective urge, and one of dominance. In everything, our Will to Power is expressed. As such, we tend to focus upon the night in others, comparing it to the day in ours but often ignoring the twilight which binds us both.

What is important is how well a tool serves us and as long as it does just that, all the rest is of little relevance.

I'd not say the youth is the future as youth being change. With age comes the inevitable slowing down, often resulting in a halt. The youth's responsibility is to be adversarial, attempt change and in that, occasionally kick-start the old or eliminate that what can't. Nothing new can sprout when not fed by the rotting remains of old. As such, both serve their purpose and fulfill their role in a never-ending cycle.

Even when it isn't moving in the “desirable” direction, as XiaoGui17 mentioned, the only importance is that, at least, it is moving.

D.

#49642 - 02/25/11 11:21 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Diavolo]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York

I will concede that I haven’t read everything JK has posted, at least not all the way through, because after about the second paragraph I feel like I am being drowned in verbal diarrhea.

It appears to me as if he believes himself to hold some kind of “Master Key,” that most people have missed, yet I haven’t seen even one original idea from him. He is attempting to take a simple concept, Satanism, and pretends that he has the only blue print to build on the foundation of it, and that anyone who doesn’t see his “genius” gets a “Fail,” in his book. What he fails to see himself is that many, if not most people, don’t give a shit about his book. Actually he thinks that he can build an original foundation for Satanism, which is a “Fail,” as far as I’m concerned. I am convinced that TSB will be around for decades after his E-book is long forgotten.

One would have a valid argument if they pointed out that I have no basis to criticize him because I haven’t contributed anything original or great to Satanism either. I would counter that by saying that it is absolutely true, but in my defense I would add that I don’t pretend to hold the “Master Key,” that will work for everyone either.

I view him as nothing but a shit stirrer trying desperately to cook up something great from the stew that he stirs. When he is called out on this fact, he attempts to make it sound as if his grandiose lame ideas have some great concept and wisdom that can be found between the lines, if one has the mental capacity to decipher his “test.”
BULL SHIT!

#49643 - 02/25/11 11:35 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Asmedious]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

The real question is; if he's a shit stirrer, what exactly is the difference between those being stirred and those not? And does that not, maybe unwanted, point to something essential?

To add to this: there are two things in life; those you can change and those you can't. Those you can't change you don't bother about.
Of the things you can change, there are two again; those that are important and those that aren't. Those that aren't, you don't bother about.
Of those that are important, you wonder why and when finding the answer, you either change them or yourself.
I often change myself.

D.

Edited by Diavolo (02/25/11 11:41 AM)

#49644 - 02/25/11 11:44 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Diavolo]

Quote:
And does that not, maybe unwanted, point to something essential?

No I don't believe that it does, but he is desperately trying to make us believe that it does.
However, if I am missing that “something essential” I would very much appreciate it if someone would help me understand it.
In this rare instance I highly doubt that the statement “Either one gets it, or one doesn’t,” applies.

*Edit* I posted this before you added your last paragraph. I understand your the concenpt of changing things that are important, and not worrying about things that aren't, but I don't see how that relates to this situation.

Edited by Asmedious (02/25/11 11:47 AM)

#49645 - 02/25/11 11:47 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Diavolo]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Depends on the nature of the stirring I guess.

Some can be stirred in an 'oh jeebus, not this shit again, GTFO' sort of way.

Others can be stirred in a foaming at the mouth indignant sort of way, as evidenced once on this thread.

And still others can be stirred in a way that would make them post a thread like this in the first place.

All are telling.

#49646 - 02/25/11 11:51 AM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Diavolo]

Quote:
Of those that are important, you wonder why and when finding the answer, you either change them or yourself.
I often change myself.

I re-read what you wrote here, and I might see your point.

Speaking for myself, I haven't seen anything in regards to the subject that would give me any inclination to change "it" or myself, becuase it is NOT important at all.

#49647 - 02/25/11 12:02 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: XiaoGui17]
Beast Xeno Offline
stranger

Loc: Tampa, Fl
 Originally Posted By: XiaoGui17
See a network also exists to discuss subjects of public interest, but unlike a forum; it offers a venue for people to work together to actually accomplish things.

In theory, yes. In practice, online networks are a surrogate for real-world action instead of a facilitator. And I'm not sure what it is SIN is supposed to be "accomplishing" besides a Halloween party. If getting Satanists together in a single room is an accomplishment, note the banner about the 13th annual Black Xmas. I'm willing to bet more showed up to that than will to Austin.

I respect you both, but I'm missing the constructive purpose this was meant to serve.

I think JK has done a fine job in the expanse of his criticism. I’m not sure why you think I am pressing the same issue though. I addressed specific things within Fnord’s response. I suppose my comment about the abhorrent snobbery, could have been omitted. However when it became obvious that folks would rather be dismissive and attack the character of JK, I couldn’t help myself. This isn’t to say that I don’t share JK’s criticism. Realize I am not the guy, who was taking the greater issue in this thread.

In regard to the network vs forum dichotomy, it was not my intent to suggest one was better than the other. In fact, if anything I was simply agreeing and reinforcing what Fnord had already stated.

Originally Posted By: Fnord

The purpose for going to a forum versus going to a social networking site are different (or should be).

I wasn’t stating that SIN was supposed to be “accomplishing” anything.

The best things I’ve seen come in response to JK’s original post have come from this guy...

I think it is the duty of the young to attack the old, question or reject it, and aspire something new. Through that, everything keeps evolving and hopefully, improving. Of course the old won't always like this but the old should not settle for the familiar, or the comfortable, but attempt to keep a young mind, remaining a child, and adapt according the changes. In remaining a child and keep changing/learning as our world changes, lies the real value of living.

D.

It is a beautiful concept, is it not? Very well put, and from my experience very spot on. In that, why is introspection not something readily cherished?

Edited by Beast Xeno (02/25/11 12:06 PM)
Edit Reason: extra BB tag included in post.

#49648 - 02/25/11 12:05 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Asmedious]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Asmedious
*Edit* I posted this before you added your last paragraph. I understand your the concenpt of changing things that are important, and not worrying about things that aren't, but I don't see how that relates to this situation.

I think it relates to all situations in life.

To show you how, and how something abstract and quite irrelevant interferes with our emotions, I'll for a moment participate in the clan-fight which lingers in this thread. While you play the war-drums, I'll quickly apply some blue face paint before I commence.

Quote:
*drumrolls*

SIN = bad.
King = bad bad.
600 = good.
Diavolo(interchangable) = good good.

*end drumrolls*

I hope I covered the essentials with this and at the same moment provided the very reason why I myself don't participate in it, preferring to focus on things more rewarding.

I also hope this, in its maybe surreal form gave an answer to why "it" also relates to this.

D.

#49649 - 02/25/11 12:12 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Beast Xeno]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

In that, why is introspection not something readily cherished?

Most likely because introspection is often confrontational and especially when this introspection is caused by others. Personally I like to be confronted. When someone manages to throw a brick into my wall and cause a crack, I'll respect them even more.

D.

#49652 - 02/25/11 12:40 PM Re: For the record . . . [Re: Asmedious]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
 Originally Posted By: Asmedious

I will concede that I haven’t read everything JK has posted, at least not all the way through, because after about the second paragraph I feel like I am being drowned in verbal diarrhea.

It appears to me as if he believes himself to hold some kind of “Master Key,” that most people have missed, yet I haven’t seen even one original idea from him.

I actually cut off your best line, but whatever, I cut it exactly where it needs to be, Alf.

You have trouble following my paragraphs? Well, all good - I'll dose 'em out at two S's, that is, if your ridiculously overpowering intelligence can deign to comprehend . . .

I will put this to you, WHO THE FUCK EVER, aka ALF, aka, A FAILED SITCOM: your choice, and it is always ladies choice . . .

A) A for Alf! But seriously, you can post old (i.e. anything from the past of today) shit to counter my old shit (same restriction), and we'll see what's what,

or . . .

B) we have at a NEW exchange on the topic at hand.

Hey, dude, this is like that part in poker where you've been called on the river. And just remember, the topic at hand is original thought.

I'm layin' down on the train-tracks here because I think I could even do "original thought" more originally than you (yeah, that all works grammatically), so let's have at it.

Except for the fact that you, like so many others, will avoid the head-on JK. That fucker is just plain dangerous.

I get it, just like I get the need for you to be dosed on short paragraphs. Two sentences for Alf, then I break.

Bottom line, I fear no engagement. This is well known.

You'd be wise to sit down and shut up right about now (oh, shit! no he didn't). Facing JK on the battlefield of ideas hardly ever pays out, Alf.

THINK. ABOUT. IT.

Then get back to me, 'cause I'm feeling blood or bitch right about now . . .

JK (yeah, that dude)

Page 4 of 9 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.