Page 7 of 9 « First<56789>
Topic Options
#49765 - 02/25/11 07:51 PM Re: Too many replies, so little time . . . [Re: Morgan]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

LOL! This thread is still going!

I think Jason has been trying to use a shoddy and bargain basement form of Lesser Magic. The prob is that many can see through it.

Dude, if your work is good, then it sells itself with very little self promotion.

But anyway carry on - this is the funniest thread the 600C has had in ages!

#49766 - 02/25/11 07:56 PM Re: The Official Butthurt Thread ® [Re: Beast Xeno]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
@Beast: I guess I misunderstood the intent of your "forum v. network" post, but when I referred to not seeing the constructive intention, I was talking about this:

Originally Posted By: Beast Xeno
This kills me man. You offered a little perspective, hoping to kindle some thought. It was met not with deliberation or discourse, but with snobbery. Sad.

Anyone who expects Y to take "I'll take X over Y any day" as an invitation for serious constructive discourse has all the social graces of a child with low-functioning autism.

Originally Posted By: Jason King
 Originally Posted By: Morgan
Mindfux, and the thedeadidea are the only people who's writings actually stand out, and I enjoy reading.
Good, me too. And either one of them might be happy to enlighten you on possessive pronouns vs. conjunctions.

I think you mean contractions, King. If you're going to call someone out on the basis of minor typing issues (which is a desperate bitch move), you at least need to get your own shit straight.

Originally Posted By: BoBoBad
I also realized that if I want to advance I need to be challenged, taken to task, and made to ask the hard questions of myself. Being a big fish in a small pond is great. If you can't test out the bigger pool and see what happens, you will hit stasis. I refuse to stop on my journey, get comfortable and complacent.

^^My thoughts exactly.

#49767 - 02/25/11 08:37 PM Re: The Official Butthurt Thread ® [Re: XiaoGui17]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: XiaoGui17

Anyone who expects Y to take "I'll take X over Y any day" as an invitation for serious constructive discourse has all the social graces of a child with low-functioning autism.

I agree! In fact, it comes off rather as a JoKe.

\:\)

#49776 - 02/25/11 10:20 PM Re: The Official Butthurt Thread ® [Re: Fnord]
thedeadidea Offline

After reading this entire thread the only thing I can think to say is...

Nuh-uh my dick is the biggest one of the bunch.

#49778 - 02/25/11 10:26 PM Re: The Official Butthurt Thread ® [Re: thedeadidea]
Caladrius Offline

Loc: SoCal
 Originally Posted By: thedeadidea

This is insufficient. Some of us demand photographic proof of this claim.

Some of us may have heard otherwise.

#49780 - 02/25/11 10:44 PM Re: The Official Butthurt Thread ® [Re: Caladrius]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Caladrius
 Originally Posted By: thedeadidea

This is insufficient. Some of us demand photographic proof of this claim.

Here's that proof: TDI just drove by.

#49842 - 02/26/11 08:56 AM Re: The Official Butthurt Thread ® [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
JysusCryst Offline
stranger

Loc: Iraq
There's a park near Fort Sill were a bunch of geese like gather. I've had a few dates were my girlfriend and I go buy a loaf or two of bread and feed the geese. I never thought it was much fun, but I can see why other would enjoy it.

What's the relevance to this thread? It seems to me like everyone is throwing bread to the trolls. Is everyone enjoying themselves? I’ve enjoyed watching the trolls snap at your legs. ;\)

As funny as this thread is, why is everyone bothering to respond? Why not just let the troll starve and end all this embarrassing nonsense?

And before anyone can say "You responding with 'Why are you responding?' is a response, thus your response doesn't make sense," I didn't bring any bread with me, so don't ask.

#49847 - 02/26/11 11:07 AM Re: King to Rook-1: checkmate [Re: Jason King]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
I'll post this here simply because I've said it, and I'm always to the face . . .

I don't know about the "quality of content"" seeing as how I've only been on 600 for a couple of months. What I *do* know is that on 600 there are about 3-4 "visionaries" and about twice that number of "smart cookies". It makes for a dialogue of mausoleal (just coined by JK, all royalties on future use are reserved) proportions. And I don't care what anyone says, you *can* split an adjectival phrase with a parenthetical and people won't lose track.

Here on SIN, the content is fresh, the faces real, and the difference between "blue" and "white" is nonexistent. 600 is a black and white TV — sure it's good for the sharpness of contrast and nostalgic feel, it was surpassed as a model a long time ago. The color TV, and lately, the digital multimedia network have gone waaaaaaaay beyond these things. "Smart cookies"? Yeah we have those too. "Visionaries"? Of course. But ours are better guaranteed. I'd take a Beast Xeno+Ego Diabolus over a Jake999 and 6Satan6Archist6 any day of the week, and there wouldn't even be a twinge of a second thought.

But the real difference lies in the *others*, as the "familiar faces" of SIN tend to be real individuals, if you know what I mean. I guess there is something to be said for that whole cross-networking thing after all. I'll take a BoboBad over a Dimitri every single time — one is simply more real than the other.

Sure, 600 has it's draws, no question about it. But the best of these is still little more than a tired warhorse running his victory lap. Here on SIN, we have yet to meet the gaze of Medusa, if you will. The really brightest of us are actually members of both sites, but the "where we post what" thing is so telling. These are the same that understand the I in SIN has an occulted meaning as "Independent".

Ultimately, only time will tell which, if either of these media, has passed the test. So far 600 has stood the test of time in a way that SIN can only aspire to. In this I agree with DD. But I also read dem tea leaves purty darn good… .

JK

Have fun, 600.

JK

I figured I'd go full circle, since the point-by-point takes all day, and JK just ends up taking all the kiddies' goodies.

The OP began, "I don't know about the "quality of content". And it ended, "Have fun, 600."

This was an invitation to come participate in in piece of performance art, and I must say, I'm satisfied.

Seven pages in two days, who does that? JK, that's who. Which again, brings me roundabout . . .

There are many here who have helped me prove a point - thank you all, I couldn't have done it without you. The fun part is when I consider the fact that most of these were hostiles. Didn't matter, they were led to the shiny thing long enough for it to work. (for the idiots: the "shiny thing" was not JK).

It was innocuously put to me a while back that 600 is "better". No. It isn't. Not in a pissing match with SIN, but in a pissing match with one guy.

I realize that despite what I've been told, there are quite a few "special-ed" kids here that can't read between the proverbial lines, so I'll bottom-line this kindergarten-style:

I replied to someone who said 600 was better than SIN in quality of content.

A simple post that could've been ignored to effect.

Instead, that post became the hottest topic in six months or more.

Those who came onto the field (and honestly, +50 respect to those who DIDN'T) only served to solidify the point of OP. They chose to work against themselves in ignorance. Pawns.

Better? More noble? Hardly. It's the same shit everywhere, it's just a question of who can USE the shit to effect (back to OP and the meta-issue nobody wanted to address).

You can hate JK all you want - like I patted dude on the back for, I AM the bad guy - but until you do better . . . until you move shit on the board for simple amusement, you can take a number.

JK

#49850 - 02/26/11 11:14 AM Re: King to Rook-1: checkmate [Re: Jason King]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I think this thread has gone a little to far to try to rhetorically spindoctor it, Jason. Sometimes it's best to just pick up your teeth and evaluate what went wrong.

All I have to say man is it's a real shame your ego imploded. You had potential here.

#49851 - 02/26/11 11:25 AM Re: King to Rook-1: checkmate [Re: Jason King]
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
@ Jason King
A victory is one where you come out stronger and the opponent eliminated. As the dust settles, I saw the King wasting hours of his life in pointless trolls and his reputation smashed. You won nothing.

Checkmate against Jason King.

#49852 - 02/26/11 11:34 AM SINful Trends in 600sville [Re: JysusCryst]
nocTifer Offline
pledge

Loc: Khazakstan
 Originally Posted By: Fnord
Satanism ....has a core that is undeniable and ancient.

Rebellion? Socially it is novel. There are those linking it to Illuminati extraterrestrials no doubt.

Originally Posted By: Caladrius
Is Satanism a static phenomenon where a new generation must keep it the same shape and form as they have gotten it from the older generations? Or else it changes into something different?

Since it emerges from every individual bringing it forth, what is passed on is, at best, enthusiasm, and those who call for orthodoxy are traitors.

Originally Posted By: XiaoGui17
...the youth are the future, but I'm not yet sold on the idea that we're always moving in a desirable direction over time.

Moving with herds, one is liable to be carried into unfamiliar lands. If unlucky and you pick the wrong species of comrade, right over a cliff.

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
What is important is how well a tool serves us and as long as it does just that, all the rest is of little relevance.

Precisely, and that service will mesh with different needs in different ways.

Originally Posted By: Beast Xeno
 Originally Posted By: Diavolo
...it is the duty of the young to attack the old, question or reject it, and aspire to something new.
... In that, why is introspection not something readily cherished?

It is not cherished. People run from it, and may have to be dragged to it kicking and screaming. In a context where turnover is 2 weeks, the 'old' tend to be whoever hangs around sniping at the rest longest.

Originally Posted By: Gattamelata
...Dharmakaya equals 'relativity'?!

In a Subjectivist cosmology, reality is relative. It's the New Age, man.

Originally Posted By: Gattamelata
What's wrong with shunyata as the rigpa of Dharmakaya?

It's trite, pat, and doesn't allow for the ultimate reality of ego.

...what exactly counts as a 'troll'{?}

I do! You're lookin' at 'im.

Originally Posted By: JysusCryst
Why not just let the troll starve and end all this embarrassing nonsense?

It became a feeding frenzy.

#49855 - 02/26/11 11:39 AM Re: King to Rook-1: checkmate [Re: Jason King]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

So you make a troll thread and then feel like you accomplished something when people responded to it?

Your greatness amazes me.

That's sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell.

If you're the king then I am a fan of regicide.

Think about it.

#49863 - 02/26/11 12:03 PM Re: King to Rook-1: checkmate [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

As my last (general) reply to this thread, I'd like to post a photo which captures the very essence of this all quite nicely.

Think about it.

D.

#49864 - 02/26/11 12:07 PM Re: King to Rook-1: checkmate [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
This is/was and entertaining thread on several levels. If someone wishes to consider people joining in on the festivities as “taking the bait,” so be it. That opinion doesn’t take away from the entertainment value that it offers.

In this case it’s kind of like watching one of those movies that are supposed to teach you some kind of a life lesson. One might walk away at the end thinking that they haven’t learned anything, but still enjoyed watching shit blow up, while the writers and producers can believe that the audience actually cares about the lessons behind the theme.

Some clowns perform their act and might believe that the audience can read a deeper meaning into clown-ness, but most of the audience is simply enjoying the clowns stumbling around and making funny noises.

#49869 - 02/26/11 12:27 PM Re: King to Rook-1: checkmate [Re: Dan_Dread]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
 Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
I think this thread has gone a little to far to try to rhetorically spindoctor it, Jason. Sometimes it's best to just pick up your teeth and evaluate what went wrong.

All I have to say man is it's a real shame your ego imploded. You had potential here.

Here? What is that, Dan?

I'll tell you exactly what it is: making friends while appearing intelligent.

My problem is that I actually AM intelligent, and I could give a fuck about making friends. You can paint it to me any way you'd like, but the stats don't lie. I ran (and lol, despite my attempts to put it down, STILL run) a topic better in kneejerk-response than any topic of late. That speaks to all of you more than it ever will to me. Everyone knows I'm a troll/dramawhore/lunchmoney-takin/silly ass-clownin motherfucker. And yet . . .

Pick up your teeth. FUCK YOU. You should probably at least try to knock them out first. And that doesn't just go for the small you, but it holds for the collective you wish to cower behind. I get point-counterpoint, and I've counted it roughly at JK-7-8 vs. Everyone Else at 4-5. When you factor the (600 is awesome! it's the mega-collection of uber-cool Satanic peoples and what not!) insurmountability of it all, the slight advantage-JK is even more awesome.

Oh, but wait.

You're the latest to jump on the bandwagon, I get it. So far I've seen at least three people I give half a shit for turn their backs on me. All good. And yet, as good as it is, none of it nullifies any point I've either made or haven't.

LOL at the dude sittin' on the bleachers, standing up when everyone else does.

Why settle for three when you can have over twice as many?

If you desire an even semi-potent rejoinder, you might try hitting a point for a change. Playing the "Simon Says" game will always result in fail.

JK

Page 7 of 9 « First<56789>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.