Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#49699 - 02/25/11 02:45 PM Satanic panic still chic?
Mitch Koch Offline
stranger

Loc: TN
The other night I watched a documentary on 1970's - 1980's Staten Island child abduction and murders called Cropsey. It was a good film overall and certainly educational as I had no idea that there are still people who believe in (FBI long-debunked) satanic-cult-child-abduction nonsense. Fortunately, the guy who made the film (and also narrates) offered that the theory just doesn't hold water.

I didn't realize that satanic panic is still perpetuated by anyone, let alone by members (retired or otherwise) of law enforcement, as was shown in the film.

(shuddering) Wow.

Has anyone else seen Cropsey?

#49715 - 02/25/11 03:09 PM Re: Satanic panic still chic? [Re: Mitch Koch]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I have not seen this film but it sounds interesting. I'll keep an eye open for it.

A somewhat related story concerning a satanic panic of sorts and local law enforcement:

My Sophomore year of high school I got caught, by the police, getting a blow-job from the school's soon-to-be newest turboslut. It was homecoming night and, have nothing better to do, I went to the football game at the school. Naturally, I got bored and went to Taco Bell to harass my friends that were working that night. While there I ran into Jess (the aforementioned turboslut in training) and casual chitchat took an interesting turn when she informed me of her desire to blow me.

Having no other good spots to choose from and my sense of humor being what it is I suggest that we go behind the church that is across the street from the school. So we head over there and I take a seat on the back steps, she kneels in front of me and starts TCOB. Eventually my bliss was interrupted by the light beam from one of those huge cop flash lights. So I tap her on the head and say "I think we have company".

Long story short, the cops let me leave but she had to wait for her mom to come pick her up. The next day at school she tells me that while waiting for her mom the cops told her that she shouldn't hang out with me because I "worship the Devil" and probably put some sort of "satanic bewitching spell" on her and the fact that we were behind a church was indicative of some larger sinister plot. Needless to say, I laughed for a good year or 10 about that.

All this was made even funnier when, a few months down the road, a few churches were vandalized by someone spray painting upside down crosses and pentagrams on the local churches. Due to my disdain and contempt for religion and its institutions being well known I was Suspect No. 1. After a brief interview with the police wherein I informed them that my interests did not include petty vandalism and provided them with a solid alibi they ceased to pursue further actions against me. As far as I know the real culprit was never caught. And to be 100% honest I wouldn't be surprised if the church was vandalized by its own members to scare people into the pews.

Small towns: you gotta love 'em. \:D

#49724 - 02/25/11 03:41 PM Re: Satanic panic still chic? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Jake999 Offline

"Honest officer, I thought he was anointing my throat with a holy water sprinkler an' was prayin', because he had his haid all throwed back and was moanin' OH GAWD OH GAWD OH GAWD and he said he was gonna come into me and I knew I was about to be drenched in the holy spirt!!!... Do you think these pant's make me look fat?"

I would have given $50 to write the report in the local paper.

#49728 - 02/25/11 03:49 PM Re: Satanic panic still chic? [Re: Jake999]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

LMFAO!

I'm not sure if it made the police blotter because there were no arrests made or citations issued and we were both juveniles but now I wish I had checked. I would have framed it and put it on my wall.

#49730 - 02/25/11 03:54 PM Re: Satanic panic still chic? [Re: Mitch Koch]
Asmedious Moderator Online

Loc: New York
I've seen it a few months ago. It's available on Netflix's "Watch instantly" option.

I liked it as well especially since I used to live on Staten Island from 1977 to 1982. Looks like I moved just in time.

I also work with several individuals who used to live in Willowbrook.
To this day they get special treatment because of that place.

#50172 - 02/28/11 03:00 PM Re: Satanic panic still chic? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Mitch Koch Offline
stranger

Great story! I have similar recollections from my high school years, although my turboslut serviced me on the 50 yard line after the football game. I was known as the school's "devil worshiper" as well, but for completely stupid reasons i.e. my taste in music at the time vs. the fact that I "secretly" read LaVey. The reputation was welcomed at times because it kept me out of fights. Other kiddies just assumed I would burn their parents alive while they watched, if they rubbed me the wrong way. All it took was wearing a 5 dollar Pentagram around my neck. HAHA! Ahhh...the good ole' days.

#50209 - 02/28/11 08:17 PM Re: Satanic panic still chic? [Re: Mitch Koch]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quote:
The reputation was welcomed at times because it kept me out of fights. Other kiddies just assumed I would burn their parents alive while they watched, if they rubbed me the wrong way.

Yeah, I can relate to that. I was lucky enough to be in school around the time of all the school shootings so from middle school all throughout high school no one fucked with me for fear of me bringing a gun to school and giving Eric and Dylan a run for their money. The funniest thing about it was, at that time, I didn't even own any guns.

There was one guy, though, who had (wrongly) heard that I was talking shit about him. After numerous attempts of telling him what he heard was wrong and I wasn't going to fight him he decided to sucker punch me as I was leaving history class. I promptly turned, grabbed him by his throat and slammed his head into the metal roll up door that covered the window for the student credit union. When his head bounced back I followed with a quick left jab to the bridge of his nose and then I turned around and walked away.

Like an idiot he decided to follow me and keep running his mouth. I turned around to deliver one final blow but as I came around I saw the campus police officer grab him by the back of his shirt. Apparently he had seen the whole altercation and my response, being self defense, got me in no trouble at all.

I had no further problems with classmates at school.

#50214 - 02/28/11 09:00 PM Re: Satanic panic still chic? [Re: Mitch Koch]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
 Originally Posted By: Mitch Koch
I was known as the school's "devil worshiper" as well, but for completely stupid reasons i.e. my taste in music at the time vs. the fact that I "secretly" read LaVey. The reputation was welcomed at times because it kept me out of fights. Other kiddies just assumed I would burn their parents alive while they watched, if they rubbed me the wrong way.

I got the same thing. It wasn't my taste in music or clothing, but simply the fact that I was from a poorer neighborhood and not a member of Young Life--thus the creepy "unknown." Some dude broke his arm, and rumors spread that I had hexed the guy. I hadn't even noticed he existed until I was dragged into the principal's office and asked if I had cast a spell on him.

There was no evidence to suggest I had actually done anything, and the Satanic Panic was dead enough that accusations alone wouldn't hold water, but I do think it's weird that a man in his 50's with a government job would sit and ask me with a straight face if I had hexed a guy.

#50217 - 02/28/11 10:51 PM Re: Satanic panic still chic? [Re: XiaoGui17]
Clicks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
Well, as long as we're telling stories about school experiences, I have one from 3 years ago.

So, I was the kid with the black shorts, the black hoodie and the Gorgoroth shirt. I hardly associated with anyone, and usually ignored people that talked to me who didn't grab my interest. I also made a habit of making the subjects of my papers in speech class something to piss of the students in the class. So, it took about a semester for me to gain the reputation of 'that weird loner guy.'

During my Junior and Senior years I brought one of my guitars with me everyday so I could find an empty stairwell or something to play in before school started or during the lunch hour. Some guy who decided he didn't like me and who liked to fabricate stories about me talking shit about him decides to find me in one of the stairwells during lunch one day. He comes down the stairs behind me and kicks the head of my guitar, almost knocking it away from me, but breaking off 2 of the tuning keys. I lean my guitar against the wall and stand up to tell him that he owes me for repairs, as I wasn't about to try to start anything at the school, when he tries to push me down the last few stairs that are below me. I manage to grab him before I fall and take him down with me. He's trying to grapple me, has his arms around me, I assume trying to pull of some wrestling thing. My face was in his neck, so I sunk my teeth in and tore a nice chunk of skin off. He lets go of me, so I get in one good punch to the cheek before I pull him up off the floor and push him out into the hallway outside the stairwell and wait for security to walk by. They do after a couple of minutes, see that this kid is bleeding, haul him off to the nurse, and take me to an office to question me. I told them the story, and they believed it, since my guitar was still standing up against the wall on one of the stairs, and obviously had not been broken in altercation, they decided my story was legit, but told me I wasn't be to anywhere around the kid for the rest of the time I attended the school. The kid and his parents didn't try to press any charges, even though I was 18 at the time and he was 17. I ended up having to pay for the repair to my guitar myself. So that was shitty.

Anyway, I'm terrible at telling stories, and I'm sure it's already become an annoying read, so I'll just wrap it up.

From then on I never had a problem with anyone in particular, although someone finally made the connection between my black metal tastes and Satanism, and people questioned me on whether I was a Satanist or not. This was before I had looked into Satanism, so of course I told them no, but the rumor persisted until I left. Every once in a while I hear from someone who graduated from my school that the teachers talk about me and how creepy they thought I was. But, hell, I get that at my barracks now.

#50276 - 03/01/11 03:43 PM Re: Satanic panic still chic? [Re: XiaoGui17]
Mitch Koch Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: XiaoGui17
...I was dragged into the principal's office and asked if I had cast a spell on him.

...I do think it's weird that a man in his 50's with a government job would sit and ask me with a straight face if I had hexed a guy.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh, that is RICH! Being the little turd I was, I would have taken that and ran. I would not have been able to let that one go without having some fun with it. Maybe I would have said something like "well...I didn't think the spell would actually work, but yes...I did...and I also hexed YOU, sir. Please don't be upset with me". \:D

#50444 - 03/04/11 10:53 PM Re: Satanic panic still chic? [Re: Mitch Koch]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Where is the "panic" located? In the air that goes forwards. Where is the location of this air that goes forwards? In the descending air. Where is the location of this descending air? In the ascending air. Where is the location of this ascending air? In the equalizing air.

This "panic" which is neither this nor that nor anything else is intangible. It is not to be dissipated. It is without contact. It is not limited. It is not subject to pain nor to destruction.

Whoever understands the "panic" in the division, and again in the union has overcome the world. Moreover, robbers try to take away the "panic" mistaking It for something else.

Ciao

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.