Page 1 of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#50884 - 03/13/11 12:48 PM Satanism and Suicide
Project Atlas Offline
stranger

Loc: Los Angeles County U.S.A.
After hearing the same story from so many Christian people I would like to hear what are the Satanic thoughts on suicide?
#50885 - 03/13/11 12:57 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Project Atlas]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Personally I don't care at all. Let them do what they must do.

As long as they don't jump in front of the train I might be taking. I hate being late for appointments.

D.

#50887 - 03/13/11 12:59 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Project Atlas]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

I say this out of the kindness of my heart.

Once you realize nobody (except maybe your family) gives a fuck about you things should really start to fall into place. Things like acceptance for what you do, who you are or how you look become meaningless.

Maybe you should go talk to a doctor.

~T~

#50889 - 03/13/11 01:12 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Project Atlas]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Project Atlas
Heheh. I see. So basically nothing wrong with it huh?

I myself don't consider life, or at least all life, as precious. Some people that die will not be missed. Others might even be beneficial when gone. There is no intrinsic value to life beyond what you grant it.

I've know quite some people that did commit suicide. Many for what I consider silly reasons but their elimination of the food-chain didn't affect anything at all. Life still goes on. The only one I admired was a family friend who drowned herself in her basement in two inches of water. That takes some willpower and I found that quite impressive.

Two weeks ago another I knew blew his brains out with a hunting riffle. His girlfriend left him after finding out he had an affair some years ago. That, and the fact that he himself couldn't cover the loans of his house, drove him to shooting himself.
I find that silly since the world is filled with pussy and selling the house and starting over again would not be a that enormous task to accomplish. On the other hand, he was a cop and a dead cop is always a good thing.

So no, I don't think suicide is a sin but depending upon the motivation, I rate it from silly to understandable.

D.

#50890 - 03/13/11 01:16 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Diavolo]
Project Atlas Offline
stranger

True. But I don't think it would matter to the person who killed themselves. Silly or not they'd be dead.
#50891 - 03/13/11 01:17 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: ta2zz]
Hegesias Offline

@Atlas. Advocating death is a hobby of mine, if you wish for me to assist your suicide then please look at my personal bodybuilding pictures so you may die from envy as I have no time for a personalised session right now ha! See I'm just an asshole for fun, it's how I am matey with others who can take a dig at me too. Don't take offence, that's weak, just laugh and say something even more funny back.

In all seriousness, people are both very ignorant and also very profound. I would not keep concentrating on that fetish you seem so guilty about, it's only a fetish. You can be attracted to whatever you are attracted to, it's simply one of those things, who cares? you are what you are and that's all that matters you MUST laugh and see the humour in things. Bait people to laugh at your fetish and laugh with them. Have you not considered that the guilt aspect is what is making it naughty. I bet if you laugh at it enough and expose your feelings about it, it will all not seem so personal in your mind.

P.S. If you kill yourself can you come on webcam?

#50894 - 03/13/11 01:26 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Project Atlas]
Hegesias Offline

Basically don't kill yourself, that's weak and not what Satanism stands for. I'll be your friend on here if you like, you have to take a joke well. Nothing I said was personal but psychologically designed to be evil for the sake of it. Was not about you personally Atlas, you are meant to laugh at the sinisterness and horror.

#50897 - 03/13/11 01:41 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: KristianCross]
Hegesias Offline

The Suicide Club was eventually shut down due to lack of consistently attending members. Everyone quit.

#50899 - 03/13/11 01:48 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Diavolo]
nocTifer Offline
pledge

Loc: Khazakstan
Hi Diavolo,
 Originally Posted By: Project Atlas
...So basically nothing wrong with {suicide} ...?

Across the board questions are part of the problem with religion in general and its attempt to broad-brush morality into extreme and simplistic rulesets. Of course there is something wrong with suicide if someone wants to perpetuate their experience and is just seeking a means to escape their predicament. Their fantasies about future post-mortem existence and approval of (e.g. Hell's Gate) or forbidding from (most cults) suicide are incompatible with rational thought and empiricism.

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
I myself don't consider life, or at least all life, as precious. Some people that die will not be missed. Others might even be beneficial when gone. There is no intrinsic value to life beyond what you grant it.

Agreed. I like to grant it quite a lot, stratified based on how it is situated with respect to my species and the general biosphere. That stratification assists my experience in myriad ways. Like 'human rights', these fictional constructs are beneficial to a number of us, even if stupid humans begin believing in them as more real than their imaginary character warrants.

I've know quite some people that did commit suicide.

Note the stigmatizing language adhering like moral bits of flesh to a secular skeleton. One 'commits' suicide, as if it is a crime or a sin. I know you didn't mean it that way based on your other text, but the characterization displays the cultural attitude against which we should be contrasting self-determination and the realistic escape from experiential torment (as in terminal illness or unending psychological malady) that should legitimate individual choice by the competent of self-termination en par with abortion.

...His girlfriend left him after finding out he had an affair some years ago. That, and the fact that he himself couldn't cover the loans of his house, drove him {a policeman} to shooting himself.

Note the focus continuing on being moved rather than rational choice. We don't always want to afford those who end their lives with autonomous rationality and the selection of 'life ending'. Those who are conditioned by military and police are sometimes familiarized to violence sufficient so as to use it against others and themselves. A goodly number of those who go on shooting sprees can be traced to military training. Combine this with severe depression and you may get this result. Calling it 'silly' ignores the real psychological drama this individual (who obviously lost perspective as you've described it) was facing. He knew one way to make the internal pain stop, and was successful in doing so.

So no, I don't think suicide is a sin

The very idea of 'sin' is Herd-programming. Anybody who uses the term is either being driven as part of a Herd or seeks to manipulate the Herd around them. I didn't grow up with it in my vocabulary. I found it strangely alien and irrational. When people within Satanism began to use it (and 'evil') I dismissed them fairly quickly as either charlatans or progs yet unemerged from their Christian conditioning. I tend toward the same attitude these days, though I've come to understand a few helpful and rational ways of understanding the term in my own lexicon.

but depending upon the motivation, I rate it from silly to understandable.

Practically agreed. We are of similar mind on this, even if our language may differ.

#50900 - 03/13/11 02:10 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: nocTifer]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I use commit suicide since that's how it is written. I could have used “practiced” suicide but that might imply one is quite lousy at it and has the habit of attempting it weekly. Performing suicide would feel like an act more appropriate for a circus or sideshow.

Of course commit is regarded as negative by most, as in committing crime or sin but one should not let the common emotion evoked by certain words affect themselves.

I know there goes severe psychological drama behind most suicides but it doesn't hinder me from often finding the motivator quite silly. What many don't realize is that they have constructed the depressing world-view themselves and shifting out of that reality often takes not more than just realizing it as is and shift out. When you don't realize you yourself are manifesting this negative maelstrom, you will drag yourself towards the bottom. So yes, too often silly is the most appropriate word to describe it.

D.

#50901 - 03/13/11 02:20 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Diavolo]
Jake999 Offline

Look... suicide is simply a choice you ultimately have. I would say that in people who actually believe in the personal godhead concept, it's the ultimate proof of one's life mastery, in being able to choose to live or choose to die at one's own pleasure. And I would never tell a person that they SHOULDN'T commit suicide, if that's what they truly want... just don't do it because you think that someone else would or should care, or because your skin isn't thick enough to take life's normal "slings and arrows."

When people come on this board and start playing the "woe is me," game and start talking suicide, it proves two things to me. They want attention and they finally stopped getting it at the last board they trolled looking for attention.

#50902 - 03/13/11 02:36 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Jake999]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Indeed, it is an option we can freely use whenever we decide it has been enough.

I've known those who just stepped out, no clues given before. At one point they decided that was it and went. I also have known those who can't stop telling you how hard their life sucks and how suicide is their only option. They're still living.

D.

#50903 - 03/13/11 03:20 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Jake999]
Project Atlas Offline
stranger

Heh heh. Well I hope you aren't talking about me because the last thing I want is other peoples attention towards my personal interests and issues(sorry if that caused such an uproar by the way, I did not intend for that). It's an honest question mostly. I here people who commit suicide go to hell from Chirstians all the time so I just wondered what the Satanic view was.
#50904 - 03/13/11 03:30 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Jake999]
Hegesias Offline

The religions worship death in self deceit for they believe there is something better to come of it. The Satanist may worship death as an ever present reminder that the time to live is now! my personal advocacy is death worship and chaos gnosticism which you can read up on yourself.

To Commit to suicide is only to prematurely end the cycle. The scythe smites all and we ought to learn the mysteries of Satan before the crossing. Giving up is to forget the struggle. Have an aggressive motivation and humour yourself, laugh at danger and be ruthless thinking you will die all the time. Be stimulated by the ever present allure of death, the unmanifest nature of death and the attraction of death within all manifestations of desire.

Nobility in natures shadow. The scythe smites all.

#50906 - 03/13/11 03:59 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Project Atlas]
Damis Offline
pledge

Loc: England
The point of suicide as the ultimate exercise of personal power over one's life is an interesting thought. Although I can't think of many situations where opting to exit ones existence would be the best option.

Dia mentioned that a lot of reasons that people commit suicide is due to perceived problems in subjective realities they create (correct me if I'm misunderstanding your post). To me therefore most problems that people would see as making life unliveable can be fixed to a point where the incentive to live is restored. However when it's something physical as the result of say an illness or an accident and the result is that your quality of life is severely reduced to a level which is unsatisfactory with no recourse to correct, then the ability to remove yourself really is a testament to personal power.

Looking at it from a different angle, life is a struggle, we used to struggle for survival and in places we still do. However in modern society it seems that the struggle is for material gains and other aspirations people have that ultimately result in 'happiness' or at least a feeling of satisfaction with their existence. Seeing life as this fight or contest where the reward is what you seek, then by removing yourself from life just because you haven't reached your goals or have lost a grip on what you once had seems to spell one thing to me: defeat. However when it comes to the physical side of the matter it's the same as I mentioned in the second paragraph.

The SB says something along the same vein about relieving yourself of pain when it makes life no longer the great indulgence that it can be.

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.