Page 5 of 5 <12345
Topic Options
#65254 - 03/05/12 11:50 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Project Atlas]
Ashley Corinne Offline
stranger

Loc: Utah
Suicide is the ultimate act of cowardice, and cowardice is unbecoming of any self-respecting Satanist. If life is painful, a true Satanist will endure the pain.

#65255 - 03/05/12 11:58 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Ashley Corinne]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Really? Why? They're not answerable to any god, and only to those humans they choose to be.

#65257 - 03/06/12 12:10 AM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: felixgarnet]
Ashley Corinne Offline
stranger

Loc: Utah
Last time I read the Satanic Bible, Old Man Lavey was talking about self-preservation and living life to its fullest. You're right that no suicidal person needs to answer to anybody besides those who love them. As a Satanist, if I was in the room with another Satanist who wanted to kill themself I would say, "Go ahead, just don't get any blood on my dress." But as a Satanist, I don't see how any of my desires could be fulfilled by suicide. I'm all for weak people dying, because that means there is a lower ratio of weak genes to strong genes. Isn't that what Old Man LaVey was talking about in the first place?

#65267 - 03/06/12 12:24 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Ashley Corinne]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quote:
If life is painful, a true Satanist will endure the pain.

A "true Satanist" would do what they feel is in their best interest.

Quote:
Last time I read the Satanic Bible, Old Man Lavey was talking about self-preservation and living life to its fullest.

And if a person no longer feels like they are living life to the fullest and doing so is no longer possible, why should they want to continue living? Simply because "self-preservation is the highest law"? That's laughable.

Quote:
. I'm all for weak people dying, because that means there is a lower ratio of weak genes to strong genes.

It's not at matter of genetics. As far as I know, no one has discovered a suicide gene.

#65283 - 03/06/12 08:15 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Hegesias Offline

I can't see why people would consider killing themselves before killing other people, especially if the unwillingness to live was due to sorrow, from not being able to truly live, for many many years. Only killing oneself afterwards, only to avoid jail and die with the memories fresh.

Still, sex is better than killing, and with suicide you only get one time to experience it.

Consider if we were immortal, pain would be infinitely more profound to what we experience as mortal pleasure, because there would be no threat of death, we'd be free to transcend the dimensions of pain and stimulation not possible as mortals.

I will suggest that the horror of actual suicide, the facing of black, endless deadness, is more stimulating than being alive in contentment. We just apprehend the sensation of pain and imminent death as somehow undesirable, because of the instinct to live, but the sensation of dying is like killing - more pure and real than anything happiness can bring.

Think for one solitary moment about your happiest moment, that one monumental time when you were most happy. it's gone, past, now all you have to look forward to is the opposite, or at best slowly edging toward that inevitability with a series of 'not quite happy days'.

#65284 - 03/06/12 09:18 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Hegesias]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Quote:
I can't see why people would consider killing themselves before killing other people, especially if the unwillingness to live was due to sorrow, from not being able to truly live, for many many years. Only killing oneself afterwards, only to avoid jail and die with the memories fresh. [...] the sensation of dying is like killing - more pure and real than anything happiness can bring.

This is the reason why every time you don't post for a while, I expect to read about some horrible murder-suicide spree in the international news. <3

#65285 - 03/06/12 09:46 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: The Zebu]
Hegesias Offline

One of the ones who gets my humour, deadpan is 'the way to go'.

I'm just into criminal psychology Zebu, some, not all psychopathic killers often resort to killing for the intimacy that they can never experience with the sentimental normals in society, at least through any acceptable means - basically when the knife goes deep, so do the eyes. Same with cannibals, eating another person as intimate for them.

Concerning suicide. Guilt and shame and remorse can be responsible for people killing themselves. Another point to my usual argument of such emotions being dysfunctional. This is further put into perspective when we take into consideration that guilt, shame, remorse are subcatagorical affects of fear. Fear of what others will think, do, or even the uncertainty about both outweighing the fear of death. Animals are pure in this regard and do not commit suicide consciously.

#65287 - 03/06/12 11:07 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Hegesias]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Of course animals don't commit suicide Heg but then again, they do not lift weights either. What I imply with this is that they don't judge themselves or the situation they are in because they don't ponder about the future. As such, they simply are what they are, and do little but react. They don't bother with improving themselves as they don't bother with destroying themselves.

We all decide for ourselves how much we desire to endure and when we no longer wish, we no longer do. Everyone a breaking point when it comes to pain, be it physical or psychological, and the label satanist does not magically exclude anyone from that.

Even those that have a more traditional approach to the LHP have to admit that the path itself is or can be suicidal and even when they manage to survive that, at one point they realize death is the last experience left.

If there's little exciting left, why not speed up this last experience instead of living some more years of bore?

D.

#65412 - 03/13/12 10:03 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Hegesias]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
 Originally Posted By: Hegesias
Guilt and shame and remorse can be responsible for people killing themselves. Another point to my usual argument of such emotions being dysfunctional. This is further put into perspective when we take into consideration that guilt, shame, remorse are subcatagorical affects of fear.

I would argue that guilt, shame and remorse (synonyms, basically) can work either positively or negatively on one’s behalf, depending on what he does with them. Guilt over a poor choice can dissuade one from making a similar choice, and inspire him to make better choices, in the future. Or it can paralyze him to the point that he can do nothing to help himself at all.

It is true that guilt is a subcategory of fear, but it is also true that fear and anger are two sides of the same coin. I prefer anger, because I generally see it as a more active response than fear. However, fear can also be a powerful motivator. If I’m in a burning house, anger won’t do me much good. Run, Forrest! Run!

What’s negative is not necessarily guilt or fear, but not doing what you think is right for you. If you want to kill yourself, then do it. Others may disagree with your decision, but who gives a fuck? Certainly not you. You’re dead.

#65581 - 03/19/12 09:27 PM Re: Satanism and Suicide [Re: Project Atlas]
Frumious Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Trying to talk about Satanists as a collective is fundamentally wrong-headed, I think, as is trying to claim there are such things as Satanic universals, or hard and fast principles of Satanism. If I am a Satanist, then society's opinions aren't necessarily mine - but that doesn't tell you what my opinions actually are. If I am a Satanist, then I have no shame or guilt with respect to my natural predilections - but that doesn't tell you what my predilections actually are. If I am a Satanist, then I am willing to stand alone as the sole example of my kind of human - but that doesn't tell you what kind of human I actually am.

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.071 seconds of which 0.051 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.