Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#51016 - 03/15/11 12:55 PM Earning the "badge"
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
OK, right off the bat, I have to come out and say that this is no trolleration or panty-fight, there is a point to this. If the mods (Skaf, Nemesis, Morgan, Woland) feel it should be deleted, so be it.

That having been said, how many "white people" here are posting simply to get a "blue name"? I see a lot of activity from a couple of bright people, but it seems as though these persons are trying a bit too hard at something.

Is there a point where the LHP degenerates into the RHP? A point where the lone wolf figures it needs a pack to survive?

Food for thought/deletion/mockery, your choice . . .

JK

#51017 - 03/15/11 01:02 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Jason King]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Personally I would find it silly if someone was posting solely to get a "blue" name, since, and I might reveal a secret, there is no special prize attached to it.

Colors, as I see it, are there for functionality, they serve a purpose here. Of course they are granted when someone meets certain criteria but anyone jumping around all day long screaming "ME ME ME!" isn't really meeting those.

D.

#51019 - 03/15/11 01:37 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Jason King]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I think it's a valid question, JK, and might answer some questions which others may have in regards to our 'system'. We're certainly not trying to be secretive about it, and I for one would like to make clear that ours is a merit-based system, not one in which post-count or length of time spent here is factored into the decision.

The selection process generally follows along the lines of--

A discussion of a potential Blue member is brought up amongst the other Blues and Greens.

Both positive and negative attributes are discussed. Do the good ones outweigh the bad? Most can easily discern whether a person is posting out of attention-whoredom. White members who try and pull that kind of shit (quantity over quality) are rarely even considered.

If potential is seen, but the candidate needs a bit of "growing up" to do (ie, posts without backing up sources, jumps the gun, etc) they are kept in mind for a future Blue suit.

There is also a matter of how a candidate would best reflect upon The 600 Club. If a White suit is intelligent, makes provocative posts, engenders thoughtful discussion, but is a Jew-hating vegan conspiracy theorist who tries to hack into the forum out of spite--obviously that's not the kind of person we're looking to have ;\) Fanatics of all stripes are prone to impulsive decisions and are generally untrustworthy.

However, Blues (even Greens & Reds) are not immune from criticism and our particular brand of discipline. If one steps too far out of line in their conduct in regards to the site or another member, it is not swept under the rug and ignored. Granted, it takes a bit larger of an offense by a Blue/Green/Red to warrant a cyber smack-down, but it is dealt with accordingly.

We try to choose our new Blues & Greens wisely, in order to reduce the likelihood of the above scenario playing out too frequently(if at all).

#51021 - 03/15/11 01:53 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Jason King]
Hegesias Offline

What does a blue name actually do? I had the page up when I first came here but I can't remember what the statuses were except that the green guys are the administrators. My ideal status would to be able to spell check my posts for a longer time.

I think the administrators ought to be corrupt, to demote the status' of whom they decide are trying to corrupt the site. I actually wish I was deleted sometimes so I can start again with a more professional presentation. I could have condensed some of my ideas too.

I'm happy with a white status and never want to have blue one because It'd make me look weird like I was on forums too much. The people I like to read from on here would find out that I spend too much time reading stuff on the computer and not getting to the gym enough, becoming a hermit obsessed with occultism ha!

I'm still new to the internet in 2010 and this forum is the second one I have been on and so very much more interesting.

To be honest I read the one liner rule and really try and get as much in with one post as I can because of this and often start asserting my own views aggressively into other topics, it's because I just have an intrinsic value in drawing others to my philosophy.

I'd like more people to write honest real life experiences on here with examples of their dark arts rather than to debate theoretical ideas predominantly. I'm not saying this forum is lacking in anything at all, in fact this is great to compliment my own scholarly pursuits with diversity and with dialectical sythnthesis I can test some ideas before I put them to paper as it were, that we all can do with.

I'm wanting to read your 'post-modern Satanism' book Jason, I only get one book every few months, if that, and the last bunch were Nietzsche that I was sick of reading on the computer screen. I'm not made of money to buy books and have to choose. I feel the day goes so so fast now more than ever, and I try and read what I have here at home and there's never enough time.

This forum and things online about chaos theory and cosmology absorb my attention.

That being said, I have always been a loner and a arrogant one at that, I feel this forum is good for breaking down my hostility to others and I appreciate peoples posts here immensely. They would be off the top of my head, Diavolo, Caladrius, SkaffenAmtiskaw , Jake999, Paolo Sette.

#51022 - 03/15/11 01:56 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Nemesis]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I found the question stimulating enough to explain some of my views upon this a bit deeper.

While at first sight, colors might indicate to hierarchy and indeed, at some levels, that might be, the deeper aspect of this distinction might not be that obvious to many. Of course I look upon it from my perspective and a decade of not only participating but also observing this place.

A good database is not defined a such because of all the functions attached, but because of the data it contains. With forums it is rather similar. A good forum, or at least what I consider good, isn't so because it has a zillion posts or thousands of users but because it has the data required to become good. This data is the very backbone of a forum and in our case, this data is represented by the steady users, some of them frequenting and contributing since years. We all are the living data here. It is not only the colored ones but also whites that are as much a part of the forum as us. This place has grown through trail and error and nowadays, the colored are a pretty stable backbone and that is our strength. Of course Xear keeping interest and paying the bills is what keeps us on-line but the backbone keeps the club functional and, if I may say so, quite a good forum.

Many might think the blues are one clique, all taking the same side when needed, but this is far from true. We are quite diverse and it is not uncommon we vehemently disagree. But this very diversity, at a personal or ideological level, defines what is possible on the board too. Some might disagree with certain views or ideas from users, but because others agree with them, it all levels itself out. Of course we all agree upon some basics. If there is no control on what is posted, sooner or later it will be covered with shit.

Others might be stimulated to become part of the colored backbone but, as they will find out, none becomes blue because they like to be. First, time is a factor. In the past we occasionally were too quick blueing someone up and it was a mistake at times. Also, we're not really preparing for world domination in that special section and besides some trivialities, we occasionally mention personal shit. We prefer to be sure that those who are able to read it, can be trusted to not use it against us outside of the Internet. Again, experience is the mother of knowledge. Only those who are considered to have “it” and in such become an addition to the backbone are suggested and it is not always because one suggest someone, they get “upgraded”. We speak our mind freely and when someone doesn't agree, he will shoot the suggestion down. And even then, we don't level anyone. It is done higher up the hierarchy and whatever they decide, we agree. That keeps the system healthy.

So while some might find there to be a certain cool surrounding colors, I see functionality.

Of course we could say that colors aren't required and that without them, this unnecessary distinction wouldn't be bothering others, or tempting them. But let's look at a forum like a schoolyard for a moment. Even when all are pupils and none has a special position or rank, this appears only so at first glance.

When looking deeper and observing behavior, you'd notice there are cliques everywhere and, Will to Power of course, they will manipulate or dominate the others, or at least try. As such, even without colors, there would be groups and ranks. There would be those who drive others away, those that are considered the elders, those that are the young. And there are those desiring to be part of those groups.

There would be rank and hierarchy but it would manifest differently.

D.

#51023 - 03/15/11 01:59 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Nemesis]
Jake999 Offline

It should also be noted that most of the people who are "promoted" to the blue suit are seldom aware of being considered. The pretentious, those who "feel they deserve it," or outright ask for it, and those who post simply to post are rarely considered. When it happens, it's generally a surprise to those to whom it is given.

One of the worst things we can do is give the blue suit to someone simply because they show up, or have been here "x" number of days, weeks, months, etc., or because they think they'd make a spiffy Familiar or Moderator. Such would cheapen the concept and weaken the site.

#51027 - 03/15/11 02:10 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Jake999]
Hegesias Offline

I agree, I feel this site is the best one for Occultism but i would feel wierd with a blue name like I had a responsibility to do certain jobs or something that I'd mess up because I've an inability to plan anything.

The other Occult sites I had a look on were dead, especially that MySatan which is a shame because there was three people on there who were making very good posts that ought to be moved onto this site. Posts by a character called 'Worthless' and 'Vindex' were so very good and now I can't access them because I'm not on that site anymore.

I really can't see why that MySatan site pretends to be all private and you need confirmation to join and nobody can look at the forums when it shows your mug shot to the world on shitbook that you're a Satanist anyway.

This 600 Club has a secret forum that I just noticed a few days ago '600 Club', I am not sure if I want to know what's in there, is it secret Illuminati stuff!, I bet there's dodgy as fuck stuff in that forum...

I don't want in there it'd give me immense pressure to use my brain more than usual, I try hard enough as it is. The level of intelligence I find on the normal forums on here is still too much for me sometimes.

Plus I know the secret, it's all one man who uses different profiles and colours to develop his superhuman mind, he has to do this because in real life if he acts as too many personalities people will know he's multiple personality. It's all that Xear guy I tell ya', he's all the coloured names, he's a super brain! Seriously though, it's hard to tell who you're talking to, I think the video webcam thing was an idea and I think to get a blue name you have to go on cam in the vid room and be subjected to a invasive questioning and grilling by moderators ha!

#51029 - 03/15/11 02:18 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Hegesias]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Hegesias
This 600 Club has a secret forum that I just noticed a few days ago '600 Club', I am not sure if I want to know what's in there, is it secret Illuminati stuff!, I bet there's dodgy as fuck stuff in that forum...

Most of the time we share cooking recipes. ;\)

The secret place is mainly used as our decompression tank. If what we read makes us feel as if our brain has been too long and too deep below, we go there to recover. And it is a control chamber, warning when missiles from C.R.A.P. are hitting the forums.

D.

#51030 - 03/15/11 02:38 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Hegesias]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quote:
Personally I would find it silly if someone was posting solely to get a "blue" name, since, and I might reveal a secret, there is no special prize attached to it.

Yeah, that.

I know that when I joined it was out of boredom and started posting to alleviate that boredom. It's no secret that during my beginnings here I rubbed a lot of the wrong people the wrong way. I didn't care then and I still don't care now and I stick by my actions. I just kept doing what I do and was surprised when I got my blue suit.

And if anyone is posting simply because they want the "promotion" I suggest channeling that energy into accomplishing something real.

#51032 - 03/15/11 02:47 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Jason King]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: Jason King

Is there a point where the LHP degenerates into the RHP? A point where the lone wolf figures it needs a pack to survive?

Speaking for myself (which is all I should do), I don't post any differently now than I did when my user name was white. If, for some reason, I were to lose my blue suit tomorrow, I wouldn't post any differently than I do now. The blue suit isn't supposed to indicate a hierarchy (unlike the green), it's only meant as a nod of respect/appreciation for thoughtful contribution to the site (sort of like the 'featured' members at SIN).

The blue suit is also no indicator for group think, as has been pointed out. We disagree with each other all the time (as evidenced quite widely on the boards).

As for becoming RHP... I'd have to ask what you mean, specifically, by that? I don't know of anyone here whose path is defined by someone else, nor do we have any 'followers'. We're basically a loose gathering of people with similar ideas and ideals but all are distinctly different (and one doesn't hide behind another as implied). I think this is a case of a lone wolf (or several) choosing company for a time versus a situation where (s)he feels as if it were a necessary thing for survival.

#51043 - 03/15/11 04:27 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Hegesias]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: Hegesias

I'm happy with a white status and never want to have blue one because It'd make me look weird like I was on forums too much.

Well you have written almost half as many posts as I have in your one month here. It's taken me over a year and I'm not at 500 yet.

You might start looking like you spend too much time on the forums after all, whatever color your user name is \:\)

#51048 - 03/15/11 07:00 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Fnord]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
It's really much adieu about nothing. It's a matter of respect to those that others feel have contributed something of worth, stand out, and can maintain these things over time. Behind closed doors we have LaVeyan types, ONA types, Thelemites, Setians, and many shades of grey that fall in between these things.

The most many of us have in common is the colour of our usernames.

As per the original point, yes..there have been MANY kissass brown-nosers that have hidden their intention to be 'enrolled' quite poorly over the years, but in so doing they have eliminated themselves from consideration anyway. In that context, the colour divide acts as a filter for stratification.

Speaking for myself, the first time I had my name turned blue it was quite unexpected, as I wasn't too concerned with making friends or tiptoeing around the 'right' people. Nothing changed for me, and that is the whole point.

#51050 - 03/15/11 07:07 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Fnord]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
It's all about quality. There are a number of Blues that don't visit often, or even post much. However, their character speaks to their caliber. I don't contribute as much as I used to and there are other sandboxes I play in, proverbially speaking. This isn't the only show in town, but it's the best.

If one is out to "earn" a blue suit, chances are you won't get one. If one is respectful, insightful, and able to communicate well, you may get a backstage pass...but it's far from a "badge." It's not an award. Viewing it as such will only lead to disappointment.

#51067 - 03/15/11 09:02 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Octavius]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

I certainly never joined the 600 Club to chase some promotion.

I joined because this was one of the rare places where I could spend some time with people who shared many of my own views.

This is a place for me to discuss and explore questions which I just cannot explore in the outside world with its social conventions and moral rules.

It is also a place where blueprints can be drawn for implementation in the real world; where a type of training can take place if that is what one is into.

It is also a place for me to chill out and get away from all the bullshit I have to deal with on a day to day basis.

I also joined because there were and are serious people here who I could learn a lot from. Some of these people have made significant contributions to my thinking and I will acknowledge that.

I can honestly say that I do not care about acquiring status in this place, nor do I ever wish to be considered for elevation to Familiar status or any other status here.

I came here because, in a sense, I had to.

To Jason, you are a smart guy and some of your posts here and some of the threads you have started here have been some of the best I have read. I invite you to drop any issues you may have and come back and get back to work with some productive and useful shit.

#51077 - 03/16/11 01:58 AM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: ]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I asked "if I could be considered" a long-ass time ago, but was politely declined by a mod who explained it was solely on a basis of invitation. I didn't inquire out of narcissism or hubris, I was simply curious about what went on in the "super special awesome forum".

About a year later I was given the blue tag. I was pleasantly surprised, but didn't exactly go on an ego trip either. Honestly, it's not that amazing. There's no nose-snubbing conspiracies or ass-patting circlejerks going on behind closed doors, so don't you worry your pretty little head.

In fact, the blue color is a downgrade, if anything-- it makes your name harder to read that normal "white" posters.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.196 seconds of which 0.167 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.