Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#51083 - 03/16/11 05:02 AM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Jason King]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Upon seeing the title of this post I thought it was yet another rand on "getting that Satanic batch". Was a bit surprised to see it was about the colorfull names some have.
Most have given the answers (which quite frankly have been given and explained in the rules and guidelines of this board).

The main reason I respond here is that I am wondering what has led you to pose these particular questions.

#51089 - 03/16/11 09:09 AM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Dimitri]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
 Originally Posted By: Dimitri
Upon seeing the title of this post I thought it was yet another rand on "getting that Satanic batch".

Huh?

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
I am wondering what has led you to pose these particular questions.

Whenever I post a thread, it is simply to see who responds and how they rejoin. This one has been enlightening. I've enjoyed reading many blue replies on what said status means (or doesn't mean) to them.

I've also enjoyed the psychology of who responds to what. I say this because there is one person (among several) who I was indicating in OP that didn't reply, and another that I wasn't (MatthewJ1) who did. Group dynamics, bro. An experience from which to learn . . .

And to this:

Originally Posted By: Fnord
As for becoming RHP... I'd have to ask what you mean, specifically, by that?

I'm almost sure I didn't say "becoming," but what I meant is, again, as above, group dynamic. On this very short thread, I've seen several persons refer to a "blue suit" - that is group dynamic. A terminology was implanted, and it stuck. The larger question concerns who wants to belong and why?

I'm reminded of a "larger" conversation within Satanism vis a vis individuality vs. conformity. Although the former was pure LaVey, his successors have twisted this into an orthodoxy complete with excommunication. But like every good Christian, they can defend their silly behaviors with proof-texts and the like.

JK

#51091 - 03/16/11 10:09 AM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Jason King]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: Jason King

I'm almost sure I didn't say "becoming,"

Well, when something degenerates, does it not lose something of value that makes it different than it was when it was valued? If so, then does it not 'become' something else (of lesser value)?

Anyway, not to overquibblate ( \:\) ) terms, I think the study of group dynamics within Satanism is a great idea and I think you've got a very valid point RE: C/S modern day. That's why I like this place so much (and SIN is growing on me). Lots of different kind of folk with no bucking for titles and no widespread ass kissing.

#51099 - 03/16/11 12:11 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Fnord]
Hegesias Offline

Originally Posted By: Fnord
 Originally Posted By: Hegesias

I'm happy with a white status and never want to have blue one because It'd make me look weird like I was on forums too much.

Well you have written almost half as many posts as I have in your one month here. It's taken me over a year and I'm not at 500 yet.

You might start looking like you spend too much time on the forums after all, whatever color your user name is \:\)

There is no hope I like this place too much...

I reckon if I had a blue or green name I might get less stalkers. I've had 2 this month and a new one this morning. I know we have a hall of shame but we could have a hall of stalkers too, I wonder if 'Hellphoto' is on here, he deserves to be in both.

#51182 - 03/17/11 05:41 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Jason King]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
If you have to ask for a blue badge, you will never receive it.

Cream rises to the top, and water seeks its own level.

Morgan

#51191 - 03/17/11 09:34 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Morgan]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
Hegesias, you have "stalkers" because you spend so much time online. Do you even realize you are resonding to just about every thread ever started here and those that haven't been responded to in months, sometimes years? You need to find a hobby or something. Maybe then you won't have "stalkers".

#51193 - 03/17/11 10:25 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Jason King]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
JK, I was wondering why you were so nihilistic here earlier. Maybe this is why. Your post has a relaxed “fuck it all” style that I find refreshing. You go, girlfriend!

The whole “blue suit” thing reminds me of a screenplay contest I was recently involved in. I entered my strongest effort, paid my fee and waited. I got an email saying I was a semifinalist, top 32 out of more than 850. Whoopee! Next week, I found out I wasn’t a finalist. Oh, well. The frustrating thing was that I didn’t even know what the others had submitted. I could’ve been beaten out by white hot geniuses or by total losers. It was probably some of both, the whims of judges. Whatever.

At the end of the day, it’s not about color. It’s about being true to yourself. I left the Temple of Set a first degree. To this day I wear my white Pentagram with pride. To me it represents a new attitude (props to Patti LaBelle). The world bows before me, a babe living the first day of the rest of his life. No one can take that away from me – unless, of course, I let them.

#51206 - 03/18/11 07:09 AM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: William Wright]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Originally Posted By: William Wright
JK, I was wondering why you were so nihilistic here earlier. Maybe this is why. Your post has a relaxed “fuck it all” style that I find refreshing.

The last thing I am is a nihilist. Everything I do has purpose. It may seem that I give fuck all about XYZ at time T, but if that were true, why would I be involved in XYZ at all? My approach is one based in complete self-confidence mixed with a heavy dose of adversarial antinomianism (go figure). I not only seek to be challenged, I seek to challenge everything outside of myself.This does come with its share of drawbacks, as you can imagine, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Holy shit: six sentences, seven first person pronouns (nine if you count possessives and reflexives)! I must really like what I'm doing with myself, lol.

JK

#51207 - 03/18/11 07:12 AM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: William Wright]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Actually JK, it is a good question. I think most of the other senior members already answered most of it. I would only add that this is a community of like minds and fellow travelers. In general, I would say that we enjoy each others company.

A while ago we had a video chat that turned into something of an online party. I like to think that perhaps the only thing that gets one elevated to blue is that if we had a party, would you get invited?

People who are boorish, who have nothing interesting to say, or would otherwise make a poor dinner guest will not get an invitation.

#51212 - 03/18/11 08:27 AM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Fist]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Originally Posted By: Fist
I like to think that perhaps the only thing that gets one elevated to blue is that if we had a party, would you get invited?

Indeed. Thank you for putting to words what I had already intuited a while back. And to answer the rhetorical (just 'cause I do that type of stuff), probably not. After all, who really digs that dude running around pissing in everyone's coffee cups? But I didn't come here for recognition of any sort, I came here because MAA was here and also because DD thought this might be a place where I could be challenged adequately.

Holy Fuck! I seem to have developed a thing for the "I"s. This is really starting to suck; the last thing I want to do is devolve into Venger Satanis.

JK

#51214 - 03/18/11 09:35 AM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Jason King]
Hegesias Offline

Originally Posted By: Fist
I like to think that perhaps the only thing that gets one elevated to blue is that if we had a party, would you get invited?

Indeed. Thank you for putting to words what I had already intuited a while back. And to answer the rhetorical (just 'cause I do that type of stuff), probably not. After all, who really digs that dude running around pissing in everyone's coffee cups? But I didn't come here for recognition of any sort, I came here because MAA was here and also because DD thought this might be a place where I could be challenged adequately.

Holy Fuck! I seem to have developed a thing for the "I"s. This is really starting to suck; the last thing I want to do is devolve into Venger Satanis.

JK
I rekon you ought to have a blue one, the governing body here likes to feel power from denying you a blue name ha!

What about annoying pink names for outcasts, like in the Nazi Holocaust camps where they ostracised the homosexual fellows with pink badges to dehumanise them even further before incineration? To sarcastic? naa.

I could never be trusted with a blue name, not because of modesty, but from actually thinking about it, I'm way to irresponsible and would see it as an authoritarian thing to screw with, I'm too immature when it comes to anything formal. I respect the mods here and that's fine and good for me, I don't need anything that will make my anti-authoritarian attitude worse than it already is, I respect the blue and green as much as the white and not because of equality but because of the posts they make.

What you want to do is, when you get your blue name, you start truthfully expressing your views blatantly, not the other way around ha!

#51252 - 03/18/11 06:28 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Hegesias]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Actually that night of the chat party there was a newbie in that room. He was cool, and shit was fine. He drank and spoke with the rest of us, even went to the store to get more beer. He was cool at that moment in time. I think that chat room party mess lasted over 6 hours. About 3 weeks later he lost his mind and said a bunch of threatening shit that resulted in him getting banned from the club.

So, just because we like you doesn't mean you get a free pass to a blue suit. It's something earned over time through posts, conversations, interactions, and reactions. It's not given to kiss-ups or hanger-ons or stalkers. Oh, and some people who would get that invitation Fist mentioned to the dinner party might find themselves locked out of the blue room forever depending on what was said or done at such party. It's like the key to the playboy mansion, you might get in to take a peek, but they change the password every week and they might never let you in again.

It's also not given out to people just because they have a fan club or anything else. It also takes longer than 6 months, and sometimes years to get a blue suit. There is no time frame for it. Plus once you lose the blue suit, it just becomes harder to get back if you even want it back.

"I rekon you ought to have a blue one, the governing body here likes to feel power from denying you a blue name"

In my opinion, he hasn't earned it. I don't know that he ever will. As I said before there is no real timeline for when one gets a suit. If he does come up for consideration, it will be discussed and voted on, and even then it may take a while to actual happen.

"What you want to do is, when you get your blue name, you start truthfully expressing your views blatantly, not the other way around ha!"

That would be stupid. If you can't be true to yourself and express your own views, that would be a sad existence. Such an attempt at intellectual fraud would be seen long before such a person reached the blue suit.

I hope this explains the process more clearly for those that desperately need to know how to get a blue suit from us verses going to a tailor.

Morgan

#51272 - 03/18/11 08:48 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Morgan]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
To be frank, I had high hopes for JK. I have followed his work on YouTube and emailed him to check out this site.

However, once he got here, things were off to sort of a rocky start. Again, basic social dynamics apply. Why would we invite somebody into the club that is going to blow up the social dynamic. I am mean, in most any social situation you can be a complete asshole as long as you are funny and know how to endear people to your cause.

In the case of MAA, I am pretty sure he had something like 2 posts before I recommended him. After all, does he really need to prove his bona fides here? Jake was promoted after a short time too, simply for being the genuine article. Everyday I burn incense in an old Sprite can and pray to the Outer Gods for Karla to grace us with here presence. But, with MAA here as a member in good standing, that just 'ain't gonna happen' - or so I am told. See, again - social dynamics.

For my part, I got an invite on the old site maybe after a few months. But again, Xear and FakeProphet are guys I would probably role with in the real world without a problem. I also really hit it off with Dev and was a fan of his work before he lost-his-fucking-mind. I still check him out on YouTube (and the spot on Dev parodies!). Kind of miss that cat....

#51276 - 03/18/11 10:01 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Jason King]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
That having been said, how many "white people" here are posting simply to get a "blue name"? I see a lot of activity from a couple of bright people, but it seems as though these persons are trying a bit too hard at something.

"White people" who are bright and have a lot of activity... why whoever could you be referring to, JK? Do you really care that much about what LucyFur and Tesseract are doing? ;\) For a to-the-face guy, you're bein' awfully vague.

My participation is on-and-off; I didn't see this thread until just now. Sometimes, I only have time for work. When I'm not working, I like to unwind, and this is a nice place to do so.

Right now I want to tie up loose ends, save up a bit, build my résumé, solidify my network, and get into UT law. I'd trade 1,000 blue jackets for any of those in a heartbeat. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: "Manifesting," to me, is about personal and professional success in real life, not impressing other Satanists online.

#51280 - 03/18/11 10:47 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: XiaoGui17]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: XiaoGui17
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: "Manifesting," to me, is about personal and professional success in real life, not personal and professional success in real life.

"personal and professional success in real life" = "impressing other Satanists online"

All around the web there's lots of heady philosophical discussions about this-n-that. What one does with a head full of knowledge is what's impressive to me. Talk a good game and it might be entertaining. Execute a good game and it will be inspiring.

My 2 coppers.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.