Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#51282 - 03/18/11 11:42 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Fnord]
XiaoGui17 Online

Loc: Amarillo, TX
 Originally Posted By: Fnord
"personal and professional success in real life" = "impressing other Satanists online"

Touché. The former is what really matters to me, though I know I don't necessarily have to choose between the two.

Of course, I can think of one figure who's reasonably well off in real life (financially--his personal life is sticky) but a laughingstock among Satanists online. I can also think of a very well known and much-subscribed online satanist whose life offline I do not envy. If my offline success is followed by a good online reputation, that'll be nice. If not, I won't lose sleep over it.

#51284 - 03/18/11 11:47 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Morgan]
Hegesias Offline

"What you want to do is, when you get your blue name, you start truthfully expressing your views blatantly, not the other way around ha!"

"That would be stupid. If you can't be true to yourself and express your own views, that would be a sad existence. Such an attempt at intellectual fraud would be seen long before such a person reached the blue suit."

I liked the way you laid it out and made the points. I was just being humorous because I reckon Jason King is strait to the point putting his views forward well, I watched his video with his views on the Misanthropic Luciferain Order and he put it into context even though he didn't "seem" to understand why anti-cosmic Satanism would appeal to anyone, in doing so, he highlighted key points and put them in a rather pessimistic context as food for thought, but that's what it is and some of us work well in that current, it was quite necessary. I was pointing out that he does not have a blue status like many of us, and that he probably wouldn't be doing anything in particular to get it, he just seems to know his stuff and not talk any bollocks. I was just making a point that some might have seen.

I reckon it's good how moderators make things clear to everyone with an input though. It's very necessary.

#51301 - 03/19/11 02:18 AM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: XiaoGui17]
Tesseract Offline

Loc: United States
A modest request: could I please be left out of teh Innernette Drahmahz? I spend the majority of my time at The 600 Club reading the posts of others, looking for potentially interesting and useful information. And I figure if I’m going to be a member I might as well try to offer the same in return. Honestly, I’ve been using the web long enough that it really doesn’t take that long to forward and post something here I find of value elsewhere, and think might be of interest to other members.

Before this thread I didn’t know precisely what got a member’s name displayed in blue text, but assumed that with rare exceptions it required extended participation and a relatively high post count. On that premise I figured I most likely would not achieve that blue status, and just went about thinking about the topics raised in the better posts here, and posting when I felt inclined.

One final note: I guess even among Satanists, so many people just can’t resist feeding the trolls…

#51409 - 03/20/11 03:02 PM Re: Earning the "badge" [Re: Tesseract]
XiaoGui17 Online

Loc: Amarillo, TX
 Originally Posted By: Tesseract
A modest request: could I please be left out of teh Innernette Drahmahz?

I didn't really mean to pull you into it; I was simply implying that I was the one JK was referring to. There are 3 folks with white names that made the "top posters" list, and I doubt JK was referring to the other two.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.