Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#5104 - 03/09/08 02:10 PM ToS
Nyarlathotep2012 Offline
stranger

Loc: Texas
I just wanted to get some people's thoughts on the Temple of Set. If anyone is a member, and wants to talk, send me a PM.

#5131 - 03/09/08 07:34 PM Re: ToS [Re: Nyarlathotep2012]
DaVinci Offline

Loc: Australia
Why? What is beneficial in speaking to members?

From what I have seen the Temple of Set remain a very diverse, yet secretive, organisation and will continue to be that way.

#6702 - 03/30/08 02:11 AM Re: ToS [Re: Nyarlathotep2012]
It'sJustMe Offline
stranger

Nyar,

I have a couple of books in my possession that I’m sure you can find online if you search hard enough. “The New Satanists” by Linda Blood, and “The Magicians” by Gini Graham Scott. Together these give you a pretty accurate view of the ToS in it’s early days. There is a reason that they are secretive.

“There are three types of knowledge. First there is knowledge acquired through experience, as in the case of the craftsman. Secondly there is knowledge acquired through study, as in the case of the scholar. Finally there is knowledge acquired through initiation." -Aquino

#7830 - 04/16/08 06:50 PM Re: ToS [Re: Nyarlathotep2012]
Succubus666 Offline

I am not a member of the Temple of Set, but I do have a great deal of respect for their organization. When I was younger and I became very interested in and active in the Satanic community (this would have been seven or eight years ago), I was a member of several Satanic organizations that will remain unnamed. After a few years, the bickering between members and the hugely over-inflated egos of some of their hierarchy became too much, and it began to seem like a waste of time to me. What started out as an intelligent community of like-minded people turned into a battle of politics and egos. If you chose to remain on the fence and be unaffected by their arguments rather than choosing their side, you became the enemy. It was all very childish.

The Temple of Set, however, I have heard nothing but good things about in the many years of conversing I have had with other Satanists. This is just my personal experience though, and is in no way a testimonial one way or the other. Honestly, if I actually had any spare time and room for another commitment in life, I would give serious consideration to membership there. However, I am a business owner and a writer among other things, and ultimately a workaholic. I don’t believe you should seek membership or affiliation anywhere if you cannot make at least a minimal commitment of your time and effort toward a contribution there.

#8384 - 05/04/08 12:30 AM Re: ToS [Re: It'sJustMe]
Xaulamyn Offline
stranger

Loc: Indiana
 Originally Posted By: It'sJustMe
Nyar,

I have a couple of books in my possession that I’m sure you can find online if you search hard enough. “The New Satanists” by Linda Blood, and “The Magicians” by Gini Graham Scott. Together these give you a pretty accurate view of the ToS in it’s early days. There is a reason that they are secretive.

What a bunch of bullshit. Were you sent here by Geraldo Rivera or Sally Jessie? Oprah? The Catholic League, maybe? Why on Earth would you recommend Linda Blood's The New Satanists ? You might as well be telling someone to read Michelle Remembers or books by Mike Warnke and other malicious liars, shit-disturbers, douches, and assorted Satanophobes. And it's probably not that you recommend the book that pisses me off so much, but the fact that you'd dare call such a book "accurate."

A book that is a staple of anti-Satanic conspiracy theory garbage. So, you believe in a Satanic pedophilia conspiracy? You believe Satanists are at the core of an international child slave/prostitution ring, and other such absurd nonsense that's been thoroughly debunked over and over again by the FBI, CIA, and countless other agencies the world over? Such is the explicit and implicit accusations that Ms. Blood levels on Satanism in general and the Temple of Set and Dr. Michael A. Aquino in particular in this book.

I'll tell you who Linda Blood is and was. A Freudian hysteric. And that's the nicest thing I have to say about her. Now, enough. I waste not one more drop of energy on such bologna.

I don't care what religious convictions you have, or political, or organizational, or whatever else the case may be, but when you endorse books such as The New Satanists or any other book of same standard, such as Satan's Underground or any other piece of garbage written by an absolute retard, then you cross a line and it not only stirs the residues of the Satanic Panic of the 1980s against the Temple of Set, but against every other Satanic-leaning organization or person, both real and imagined.

If you want to recommend Gini's book, then that's fine. I have more leniency there. I still think Gini was and is a misguided, insincere, and silly Jennyass, however. She joined the Temple of Set under false pretenses for one (a liar), and thus automatically destroyed all her credibility. Her angle from the start was to write a book and make a profit, she was never interested in anything of a spiritual nature. Just an inept anthropologist/journalist pretending to be an occultist and writing about a topic she didn't understand.

However, if anyone is truly interested in anything having to do with the Temple of Set, then I suggest that you read Dr. Micheal A. Aquino's The Church of Satan which you can find online in .pdf form, and its unfinished companion The Temple of Set , which you can also find for free online in .pdf form. I also suggest that you read Lords of the Left-Hand Path: A History of Spiritual Dissent by Stephen Flowers, Mysteries of the Temple of Set: Inner Teachings of the Left Hand Path by Don Webb, and even Uncle Setnakt's Essential Guide to the Left Hand Path by Don Webb.

Also, this link here goes to a page that fully debunks Linda Blood's book The New Satanists : http://www.balanone.info/bloodbk.html

I'm done.

P. S., I know this is only my third post here and that I'm new, but I can't seriously see myself being reprimanded for putting someone in their place who seems to obviously believe in the SRA hoax of the 1980s, surely all Satanists should put their theological and philosophical differences aside when it comes to standing firm against such drivel. See the aforementioned link and you'll get a feel of what kind of stuff is in Ms. Blood's book that this user finds "accurate."

Edited by Xaulamyn (05/04/08 01:20 AM)

#8398 - 05/05/08 06:48 AM Re: ToS [Re: Nyarlathotep2012]
SatanicCSG Offline
stranger

Loc: Staten Island, NY
 Originally Posted By: Nyarlathotep2012
I just wanted to get some people's thoughts on the Temple of Set. If anyone is a member, and wants to talk, send me a PM.

Your best bet would be to visit their website and read as much as you can before deciding you want to talk to an actual member. Once you've gleaned what you can from the readings, and you still decide the Temple of Set is something you wish to become a member of, fill out an application form.

#8404 - 05/05/08 12:24 PM Re: ToS [Re: SatanicCSG]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: SatanicCSG

Your best bet would be to visit their website and read as much as you can before deciding you want to talk to an actual member. Once you've gleaned what you can from the readings, and you still decide the Temple of Set is something you wish to become a member of, fill out an application form.

Is that not commonsense?

#8405 - 05/05/08 01:33 PM Re: ToS [Re: ta2zz]
Xaulamyn Offline
stranger

Just as a general rule there is really no member of the Temple of Set who is going to let you know that they're indeed Setians, and not under any circumstances. It just isn't going to happen. And if they do, then it's probably a good bet that such persons aren't really members of the Temple of Set, but are just simply pretenders. Rather, you should operate on the possibility that someone MIGHT be a Temple of Set member, whether it's the guy on the subway sitting next to you or someone you're corresponding with over the internet.

Read their website, read their literature available to the public, and if you still have any questions or whatever then contact one of their representatives, such as Eric Kauschen.

#8412 - 05/05/08 07:12 PM Re: ToS [Re: Xaulamyn]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

You have totally skirted around my question and dropped a name... Everything you say is clearly commonsense to one who walks with eyes open... To hand feed the goats only makes them fit for the petting zoo...

~T~

#8413 - 05/05/08 07:20 PM Re: ToS [Re: ta2zz]
Xaulamyn Offline
stranger

I like to visit goats at the petting zoo.

#8424 - 05/06/08 11:22 AM Re: ToS [Re: ta2zz]
SatanicCSG Offline
stranger

Loc: Staten Island, NY
 Originally Posted By: ta2zz

Is that not commonsense?

If it was that apparent for him, he wouldn't be here asking the question now would he? ToS members aren't going to let him in on anymore information than is on their main pages for all to view.

#8426 - 05/06/08 12:57 PM Re: ToS [Re: SatanicCSG]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

If it was that apparent for him, he wouldn't be here asking the question now would he? ToS members aren't going to let him in on anymore information than is on their main pages for all to view.

The world is lacking in commonsense, I thought Satanists were proud to be more intelligent than the common man...

To me it should be commonsense therefore it is almost not worth speaking on the subject... Of course if you are trying to show off your vast knowledge on the subject or dropping names to sound connected... Knock your socks off...

I guess somebody needs to feed the sheep...

Carry on...

~T~

#8428 - 05/06/08 03:15 PM Re: ToS [Re: ta2zz]
Xaulamyn Offline
stranger

I thought Satanists were proud to be more intelligent than the common man...

Most so-called "Satanists" I've met are basically retarded and not intelligent at all, ugly, plain assholes, lacking of perspective, counter-productively prideful, common people or WORSE than common people in that respect, jealous, full of shit, insecure, prone to petty argument and bitch-fight, and dogs who must piss on everything they come into contact with in order to display their "dominance." As far as I'm concerned they're not Satanists at all, and that's that. That's why I AM NOT A SATANIST, I want nothing to do with those people - that label is just the first step into a much larger world.

To me it should be commonsense therefore it is almost not worth speaking on the subject... Of course if you are trying to show off your vast knowledge on the subject or dropping names to sound connected... Knock your socks off...

I guess somebody needs to feed the sheep...

Carry on...

Spoken like a true Marxist tactician, ta2zz. I suppose you're the same way when some old lady asks you for directions. I don't need you to lecture me on common sense seeing as you have not one iota of it.

I don't know about anyone else, nor do I care, but I for one know just how much you have revealed that you DO NOT KNOW, which from where I'm standing you know just about as much as a sheep yourself.

You seem to get off on calling other people sheep, like this person that I gave information to, but I for one have seen NOTHING of consequence from you, and I remain totally unimpressed.

If it makes you feel better to call people sheep, which you do in order to make yourself feel better about your own self, since you're indeed a sheep and a lackey yourself, then that's fine. It's very Satanic of you to do as your nature dictates, but just as equally [un]Satanic of you to do it at all, and especially to do it in the way you have chosen. But, whatever floats your boat, ta2zz. Each to his own.

My first point would be that I would rather "hand feed" someone the correct information, once they have solicited that they'd like that information, instead of allowing them to go off and find the incorrect information, as It'sJustMe was doing - giving incorrect information. My primary concern is to fight false information and to offer up the correct information, and not for anyone else's sake except MY OWN.

My second point is that I have "hand fed" nothing to nobody. Any information that I have given is totally unremarkable and I detect nothing "vastly knowing" about it, and I'm well aware that any retard with a computer is capable of getting that information, just as well as me. Any information I've given is blatant public knowledge, and according to what you deem to be "hand feeding" it would indeed be considered "feeding the sheep" whether it came from me or from the ToS website or anywhere else.

I'm a bit surprised that you consider the information I've given to be "vastly knowing," and speaks to how simple and easily an impressionable mind that you have. What? I recommend a few fucking books and tell someone they can contact a representative if the occasion arises? Fantastic!

You think the ToS is so silly and simple an organization that someone could possibly be "hand fed" into it? Please! I dare not dignify such a comment.

But, let me get down to what my response to you is REALLY about. I'm not responding to you because of this, but rather this has given me an EXCUSE to respond. Why? Because there's something I want to get out of the way NOW, that way I will not have to do it later.

I KNOW WHO YOU ARE, ta2zz.

The REAL REASON you're getting me off track and off topic and interjecting into this the way you are is for POLITICAL REASONS. This isn't about you disliking the "hand feeding of sheep", rather this is about me thinking that George Bush is a good President, and you and your little liberal ass can't handle someone who thinks George Bush is a good President. Therefore, every chance you get, in every topic, for the rest of my existence on this forum, you're going to be one of those little flies that are constantly hounding me every chance you get, for every tiny thing - anything your imagination can conceive. You don't like my views, my opinions, what I say, then tough.

Now I've gotten it all out of the way. I would of preferred to do it privately, but you're the one who had to do it publicly, and now it's over. I can now move on and so can you, and I don't have to respond to you any further or dignify anything you might type anymore.

Edited by Xaulamyn (05/06/08 03:23 PM)

#8429 - 05/06/08 03:54 PM Re: ToS [Re: Xaulamyn]
Nyarlathotep2012 Offline
stranger

Loc: Texas
I am aware that I may go to their website, and have done so. I have been to Balanone's website and read much of their literature. I am also very aware that there are many things I would not be privy to about the organization unless I was a member.

Any amount of information can be found an any organization, even the ToS, if one looks hard enough for the information.

My question comes from the fact that I have a great deal of interest in this group, and simply wondered..since well I am in a Satanic forum, perhaps there would be a member who would be willing to discuss, not the intimate aspects of the organization, but more so on a personal level, how they have grown personally through this. If no one was willing to discuss it that is fine, it is a secretive group, and I figured upon asking the question I would get no Setian responses, but one can take a stab in the dark.

The information they put out is very impersonal, as it should be. The representative I spoke with a couple months ago was very unwilling to discuss anything other than whether or not I planned on joining and would take only questions about the application process, which again is understandable, but as I have come into contact with LaVeyan Satanists and heard that perspective tirelessly, I thought maybe, it would be interesting to speak with a Setian on a more personal level.

That is all

#8430 - 05/06/08 05:01 PM Re: ToS [Re: Nyarlathotep2012]
Xaulamyn Offline
stranger

Nyarlathotep2012, I'm just relieved that, at least from where I'm standing, that you're indeed NOT a "sheep." Which is what ta2zz has implied you to be. I'm even more relieved that I've fed you nothing that you didn't already know. It's always promising to see someone who is capable of sifting through the weeds on his own.

For further clarification, think not that I gave you all the information that I did because I thought maybe you were too stupid to go out and find it on your own, but rather just to get the information out there for anyone else who comes along, but primarily to counter It'sJustMe whereas concerns his recommendations for information on the ToS.

Anything else can be said privately.

Edited by Xaulamyn (05/06/08 05:01 PM)

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.