Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#51371 - 03/20/11 03:49 AM Suggestion.
Ex_Insula_Angelorum Offline
stranger

Loc: Mexico
I know that suggestions from a new member can be seen as a cheeky act, but my nature doesn't allow me to keep my ideas to myself.

After reading the forums for more than a month, I have noticed that most discussions about Satanism are related to the theoretical aspects of this religion and there is almost no content about the practical aspects, I'm talking about Lesser Magic and Greater Magic, I know they can exhibited in some sections but maybe if they have their own sections there will be more content about them.

Some people say that Satanism is a life-style and I partially disagree with them, in my opinion Satanism is a tool for certain kind of people and the tools this religion provides are Lesser Magic and Higher Magic, they are the heart of Satanism.

I went through all pages of this section and I didn't see any similar suggestion but I'm sure it has been contemplated before, so why not?

#51426 - 03/20/11 06:37 PM Re: Suggestion. [Re: Ex_Insula_Angelorum]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Here are some thoughts of my own in regards to this.

There is nothing necessarily wrong with the suggestion you have posed, but I donít think the Administrators/Moderators here will really entertain it. The 600C does have an Occult section here already, which seems to be the most ideal place to discuss magic.

I think it should be noted that each individualís approach to magic is thereís alone.

Some members here do not practice magic at all and tend to dislike it. Those members, many of whom are highly respected, have a very clear idea of what their goals are and are content to use more or less conventional methods in pursuing them.

Other members, with experience and knowledge, tend to keep their cards close to the chest, but are still willing at times to share some general thoughts and provide some leads to those, who give a sincere indication, that they are really prepared to roll up their sleeves and get to work learning.

These respected members may keep their cards close to the chest because they are a part of an initiatory organisation, or because they just plain refuse to spoon feed those who may not have made any effort at all. Their point of view is perfectly legitimate.

I think you will also find that many of the experienced guys/gals here have actually seen the same old thing again and again year after year and they are a bit sick of it.

All sorts of strange assertions regarding magic, ďsupportedĒ by the work of LaVey or Aquino etc. may be put forward and many wondrous mutant beasts will emerge. Many of these beasts will glom onto the work of the big guys and try to alter those works for whatever reason. I know that this strange process pisses off a few members here.

Finally some magicianís just donít want to give up their tricks. Magic can be a very private endeavour and the gaining of insight and the honing of tools can take a long time. Some people just donít want to share the results of years of effort with strangers or those perceived to be ungrateful and insincere. Meanwhile others are happy to divulge all.

If you are interested in discussing magic, then maybe start a new thread or two and see what happens. Or just add to an old thread.

#51442 - 03/21/11 12:50 AM Re: Suggestion. [Re: ]
LucyFur Offline

Loc: Bible Belt, USA
I agree with Matthew on this one.

Personally, I have been a practitioner for many years both inside and outside of initiatory orders. And I do keep my oaths regardless of whether I am still a member. Also, the more adept I become, the less I want to talk about practical details on a public forum. I just don't think it is the proper place for this type of discussion.

At this stage in my life I am mentoring 3 people along with the mundane job of raising a family. I am a tough mentor because I flat refuse to spoon-feed my students. If they don't read what I tell them to read or practice what they need to practice, they get left behind. My time is precious and limited.

One other reason I don't care to share a whole lot in the forums is that there are so many who don't practice Satanism the way I do and question the validity of my work, as they have every right to do. However, I don't feel the need to show off, brag, gloat, or justify my work, therefore I generally refrain from opening that can of worms in the first place.

Having said that however, I wish you the best of luck in pursuing your passions. Ritual magick has been fun and rewarding for me. Whether you believe the spirits are real or in your head, the results are the same. Sometimes I feel like it is a decompression as LeVay described, but other times the spirits seem real and I feel like I am connecting with a different realm and it is thrillingly spooky. Either way, I am getting results and that is all that matters.

I would love to read what you have to say on this subject.

#51498 - 03/21/11 06:24 PM Re: Suggestion. [Re: LucyFur]
stranger

Quote:
I would love to read what you have to say on this subject.

There isn't much to say after reading your post, if you guys don't want to reveal/discuss your methods, what can I do?

I was expecting "negative" answers since the beginning but I wanted to know the reasons, and after reading them I found some very interesting things. One of things that caught my attention is that both of you mentioned there are "Satanists" who don't practice magic, personally I have always considered that kind of people fake Satanists, many of them would say: "how dare you, I think and act like a Satanist". The use of both Lesser and Higher Magic is in my opinion a fundamental part of being a Satanist, unfortunately there's too many free thinkers, nihilists, Atheists, Goths, metal-heads and kids adopting this religion just to show others or themselves how cool and edgy they are and many of them don't really understand it, they think this is simply a way of life, thinking, etc.

Quote:
there are so many who don't practice Satanism the way I do and question the validity of my work, as they have every right to do.

I would just ignore those people, explaining Higher Magic to the unbelievers is impossible, you and I know it works, you and I know it's real, we have both seen the results, why should WE real Satanists feel "restricted" by other people's opinions? That sounds very un-satanic.

I know that for some people magic is a very personal thing but I don't see what's the problem with discussing things like "How do you prepare you mind to enter inside the ritual chamber?" "What methods do you use?" "What kind of paraphernalia you have?" "Do you use music in your rituals?" There's so many things we can talk about.

Discussing what is Satanism over and over again can be fun but sometimes is really boring.

#51532 - 03/21/11 10:49 PM Re: Suggestion. [Re: Ex_Insula_Angelorum]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
I do believe if you had actually read anything under the Occult threads you would have seen that LBM and GBM have both been discussed in length. There are several threads that are about rituals. Perhaps you need to spend more time reading to find what you're looking for?

#51535 - 03/21/11 11:23 PM Re: Suggestion. [Re: Ex_Insula_Angelorum]
LucyFur Offline

Loc: Bible Belt, USA
 Originally Posted By: Ex_Insula_Angelorum

I would just ignore those people, explaining Higher Magic to the unbelievers is impossible, you and I know it works, you and I know it's real, we have both seen the results, why should WE real Satanists feel "restricted" by other people's opinions? That sounds very un-satanic.

I have a problem with the idea of judging what a "real" Satanist is. Christians have been ripping each other apart much the same way - by criticizing the dogma of other Christians. I like to think, as a Satanist, I am above that kind of nitpicking. Besides, I really could give two shits what other Satanists do or don't do as it is none of my business.
I perform ritual because I like it. If I didn't like it I would not do it. That has nothing to do with my philosophy or lifestyle.

#51536 - 03/21/11 11:53 PM Re: Suggestion. [Re: Ex_Insula_Angelorum]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
I couldn't care less about your definition of what a "real" Satanist (or "real" anything) is but please bare one thing in mind :

There are some people who have followed their own Left Hand Path for so long and in such depth that they simply don't need ritual trappings to get results. For the Adept the Self is both Ritual and Chamber - all day, every day. And this is visible only to the very few. \:\)

#51540 - 03/22/11 12:43 AM Re: Suggestion. [Re: LucyFur]
stranger

I don't see anything wrong about it, I can decide who are my equals, I can judge and criticize anyone I want, if I'm wrong prove it, if I try to force my ideas on you all you can do is fight back, I'll respect you if I want, I'll tolerate you if I want, there's nothing you can do to stop me. The best thing you can do is ignore me and I believe that's what any rational person would do, don't you think? I was just talking to you about my opinions, I wasn't exposing any universal truth or expecting anyone to change their ideas.
#51544 - 03/22/11 01:22 AM Re: Suggestion. [Re: felixgarnet]
stranger

I completely understand what you say Mr. Felix but I believe that magic can also be used for recreational purposes, it's a really fun activity.

Being honest I don't practice Higher Magic very often, the last time I did it was like 7 months ago, but I believe it's part of being a Satanist. In my previous post I was referring to those who have never practiced it and have no intentions of doing it. In my opinion this is something any person who calls himself a Satanist should do at least once in their life.

#51573 - 03/22/11 03:09 PM Re: Suggestion. [Re: Ex_Insula_Angelorum]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Ex_Insula_Angelorum
In my previous post I was referring to those who have never practiced it and have no intentions of doing it. In my opinion this is something any person who calls himself a Satanist should do at least once in their life.

I think a satanist should be defined as such by his deeds, his real life application of that what is satanic. Doing magic of whatever kind, time spent online, the ability to memorize the lingo and recite it, or having read the good books is all of no importance to define that what makes a satanist.

Deeds, only deeds.

D.

#51613 - 03/22/11 10:09 PM Re: Suggestion. [Re: Diavolo]
Hegesias Offline

I have a problem.... I just couldn't face it before, but all the signs are there, the addiction, it, just kind of happened, I didn't see what was happening until it got so bad. I am a Satanist. *cries*

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.