Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#51389 - 03/20/11 12:02 PM Finding Satanist Friends in a Sea of Xtians
LucyFur Offline

Loc: Bible Belt, USA
The old adage of 'like attracts like' has proven itself once again. My 14 year old, whose best friend quit the Boy Scouts because he is a Satanist, was invited to a camp-out this weekend by another boy. While we were packing, my boy proudly announced that this boy is also a Satanist. Miracle of miracles, my son somehow found not one, but two Satanist friends in a sea of Christians! There are nearly 5000 students in the local high school and there is some variety of Christian church on damn near every street corner in our town. Yet somehow, the free-thinkers find each other. Yea!

But there's more! My 17 year old brought a new girlfriend home last week and after meeting her I commended him for finding such a nice, smart girl. I told my sons I didn't care what their g-friends looked like - white, black, Asian, fat, thin - whatever - as long as she is intelligent. No dummies aloud.
This girl is smart, witty, fun, happy, and cute. And yesterday my son informed me that she too, is a LeVayan Satanist! How he found another LeVayan Satanist in THAT school is beyond me, but I am thrilled!

My job is done here......

Edited by LucyFur (03/20/11 12:03 PM)

#51452 - 03/21/11 02:55 AM Re: Finding Satanist Friends in a Sea of Xtians [Re: LucyFur]
Adversary Bass Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
It sounds like you have helped convince your children to discriminate against people of different beliefs. I'm no proponent of the right hand path, but some of my closest friends are Christians, Mormons, Atheists, etc. I don't care what religion they adhere to; I care about if they are interesting, fun, trustworthy and good people.

And why leave the Boy Scouts? I am an Eagle scout myself, and it looks great on college and job applications, let alone the experience of being a scout. Did I adhere to the belief system that is rarely brought up in scouting? No. I also go to the YMCA and I'm no Christian.

Also, am I the only one that finds it ironic that only the intelligent are "aloud" in your home?

#51461 - 03/21/11 10:11 AM Re: Finding Satanist Friends in a Sea of Xtians [Re: Adversary Bass]
LucyFur Offline

Originally Posted By: Adversary Bass
It sounds like you have helped convince your children to discriminate against people of different beliefs. I'm no proponent of the right hand path, but some of my closest friends are Christians, Mormons, Atheists, etc. I don't care what religion they adhere to; I care about if they are interesting, fun, trustworthy and good people.

Did I say anything about discrimination against anyone? Where did that come from? Since when is it discrimination against a particular religion when you have friends who believe as you do? Perhaps my kids are sick to death of people butting into their personal business trying to save their souls. You have made a judgment based on a simple statement and assumed my kids only have one or two friends. I was simply pointing out the irony of finding Satanic friends which is akin to finding a needle in a haystack in this town.

And why leave the Boy Scouts? I am an Eagle scout myself, and it looks great on college and job applications, let alone the experience of being a scout. Did I adhere to the belief system that is rarely brought up in scouting? No. I also go to the YMCA and I'm no Christian.

If you had READ my original post, you would have seen that it was NOT MY son who quit the Scouts, it was his best friend. I have no control over what someone else's kid does and unlike most Christians I know, I don't butt into his personal business and try to save his hell-bound soul.

My boy IS in the Scouts, FYI, working on his Eagle project. Not that it makes any difference.

Also, am I the only one that finds it ironic that only the intelligent are "aloud" in your home?

Perhaps you are - although I fail to see how this is "ironic". Perhaps you should look that word up.

Edited by LucyFur (03/21/11 10:12 AM)

#51503 - 03/21/11 07:04 PM Re: Finding Satanist Friends in a Sea of Xtians [Re: LucyFur]
Adversary Bass Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: LucyFur
Did I say anything about discrimination against anyone? Where did that come from? Since when is it discrimination against a particular religion when you have friends who believe as you do?

You are mistaken if you read my post as an attack on you. I see many Satanists and non Satanists shunning others for no real reason, which I see as pointless.

Originally Posted By: Lucyfur
My boy IS in the Scouts, FYI, working on his Eagle project. Not that it makes any difference.

I did read your post, and I never said anything about your son specifically leaving the scouts. I am glad to hear of a fellow Satanist being involved in the Boy Scouts and I wish him well on the completion of his project.

Originally Posted By: Lucyfur
Perhaps you are - although I fail to see how this is "ironic". Perhaps you should look that word up.

WOOOOOOSH

#51510 - 03/21/11 07:49 PM Re: Finding Satanist Friends in a Sea of Xtians [Re: Adversary Bass]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
You are mistaken if you read my post as an attack on you.

How is "you have helped convince your children to discriminate" not an attack?

I see many Satanists and non Satanists shunning others for no real reason, which I see as pointless.

And you had no evidence that LucyFur was a part of this phenomenon, yet you dumped your irritation about it onto this thread. Interesting...

I did read your post, and I never said anything about your son specifically leaving the scouts.

So when you said, "why leave the Boy Scouts?", you were asking her to justify the actions of her son's friend? How does that make sense?

"WOOOOOOSH," indeed.

#51513 - 03/21/11 08:04 PM Re: Finding Satanist Friends in a Sea of Xtians [Re: XiaoGui17]
LucyFur Offline

Go Xiao!

#51514 - 03/21/11 08:06 PM Re: Finding Satanist Friends in a Sea of Xtians [Re: LucyFur]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I think the word you were shooting for there is 'allowed'. And for Satans sake it's spelled LaVey, not LeVay.

#51517 - 03/21/11 08:11 PM Re: Finding Satanist Friends in a Sea of Xtians [Re: Dan_Dread]
Jake999 Offline

Plllleeeeeeeeeeassssssssse... if only to keep my head from exploding. LaVey!!!!! I know it's not a common name like Herschberger or Schwarzenegger, but the man deserves to have his name spelled correctly.

Sincerely,

Jayke

#51522 - 03/21/11 08:35 PM Re: Finding Satanist Friends in a Sea of Xtians [Re: Jake999]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Dan, I think you meant to quote Adversary Bass on the whole allowed "allowed/aloud" thing?

As for misspelled names, my last name on my new ATM card is spelled incorrectly. :P I look forward to adopting Lehi's surname if only because it's easier to correctly pronounce and spell...

#51523 - 03/21/11 08:49 PM Re: Finding Satanist Friends in a Sea of Xtians [Re: XiaoGui17]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Originally Posted By: XiaoGui17
Dan, I think you meant to quote Adversary Bass on the whole allowed "allowed/aloud" thing?

No Ma'am

No dummies aloud.

Unless of course she prefers her dummies quiet ;\)

#51527 - 03/21/11 08:58 PM Re: Finding Satanist Friends in a Sea of Xtians [Re: Dan_Dread]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread

No dummies aloud.

Unless of course she prefers her dummies quiet ;\)

Not sure how I missed that. Even so, I can't blame her. I certainly prefer my dummies with duct tape over their mouths, gagged with a giant jawbreaker.

#51533 - 03/21/11 11:08 PM Re: Finding Satanist Friends in a Sea of Xtians [Re: Jake999]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
 Originally Posted By: Jake999
Plllleeeeeeeeeeassssssssse... if only to keep my head from exploding. LaVey!!!!! I know it's not a common name like Herschberger or Schwarzenegger, but the man deserves to have his name spelled correctly.

Sincerely,

Jayke

I am soooo glad to see it's not just me!! I was beginning to think I was the one misspelling it!

Not crazy afterall,
Nyte

#51534 - 03/21/11 11:14 PM Re: Finding Satanist Friends in a Sea of Xtians [Re: Dan_Dread]
LucyFur Offline

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread

I think the word you were shooting for there is 'allowed'. And for Satans sake it's spelled LaVey, not LeVay.

I stand corrected. I try very hard not to betray my dyslexia but sometimes it sneaks out. I am forever transposing letters and sometimes whole words, especially when I type rapidly.

#51543 - 03/22/11 01:15 AM Re: Finding Satanist Friends in a Sea of Xtians [Re: LucyFur]
Hegesias Offline

Anton LaVain.

Seriously if you lot could hear my commoner accent you'd be picking like vultures. My young friend who comes here sometimes is severely dyslexic, he was even unwilling to try and read.

I explained to him that I can read his stuff on his computer that he wrote and not to worry about how it's spelled too much but just to write what he's thinking and if he knows what he understands then it will be on the paper as long as he's not afraid to try and write the words how he thinks they sound.

Turns out he's not as bad as he thought and took up a philosophical interest, although he is deranged and talking about mind control of all things, he is manifesting his ideas. I think it;'s the person who can't understand misspellings that is a bit weird. Dyslexic people write the most interesting things, that's not a joke but a fact because they don't try and convey a complex mind at work or embellish pseudo intellectualism, Da Vinci is believed to have been profoundly dyslexic and he was apparently enlightened by Lucifer. He was enlightened with awareness and visual awareness is highly developed in dyslexic people.

Was Da Vinci conceited and introspectively tied up in correcting every minute faculty, I'm sure he was looking at things much more holistically and making estimates without abstraction because it was obviously innate to him and not a linear timely process.

#51545 - 03/22/11 01:52 AM Re: Finding Satanist Friends in a Sea of Xtians [Re: LucyFur]
Adversary Bass Offline
stranger

Go Xiao!

Thankfully for you, a heroine was able to swoop in and come to your rescue. I am done with your childish arguing on this topic, but I will respond to the original subject, which I should have done originally rather than incite you to overreact to my post. My rhetorical question about leaving the Scouts must have been too personal for you. I make no apologies for typing what I think and your misinterperetation of my purpose.

My experience with meeting other self-professed Satanists has been almost none at all. However, I know many Atheists and Agnostics who have the same basic ideas as Satanism, but they don't attach these ideas to Satan like I do. One girl I met was very into the Satanist aesthetic, wearing multiple baphomet medallions and constantly talking about wanting to throw the Christians to the lions.
These reverse-Christian poseurs are worse than the Christians they so despise, in my opinion. I accept the notion of rejecting the laws and dogma of the right hand path, but dwelling on your disdain for the Abrahamic religions is pointless. I wish to practice my religion unmolested and I allow them to be blissfully ignorant, leaving them to their own lives, unless an argument is what they ask for.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.