Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#5160 - 03/10/08 12:16 AM Music = Results
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address

As people may already know, I don't do Satanic Rituals as they are known. I simply spend about 5-10 minutes concentrating on a set emotion and listen to music. Often I sing or dance to the music.

This song was a new find for me. I used it today and I've completely cleaned my house, cooked a three course meal for a female friend and I will leave the rest of the details at that. It's fair to say this song is extremely helpful for me. I just wanted to share it with you guys.

Edited by xear (03/10/08 12:21 AM)
Edit Reason: embed videos on this board please

#5178 - 03/10/08 04:15 AM Re: Music = Results [Re: TornadoCreator]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Loc: Cabarita, Vic, Australia
...fuckin' nancy boy.

G.'.D.'.

;\)
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#5328 - 03/11/08 10:04 PM Re: Music = Results [Re: Mercury_Templar]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Wow. This is really good. What is the name of this song and who is it by?

EDIT: Forget that question. I've found out myself.

That really is a beautiful song. And a better rendition in my opinion.

Edited by DistroyA (03/11/08 10:10 PM)

#5331 - 03/11/08 10:09 PM Re: Music = Results [Re: Mercury_Templar]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: Mercury_Templar
...fuckin' nancy boy.

G.'.D.'.

;\)

Whats a "nancy boy?" Is that like a fairy queen?

~~352~~

#5361 - 03/12/08 05:51 AM Re: Music = Results [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Originally Posted By: LUCIFERIFIC
 Originally Posted By: Mercury_Templar
...fuckin' nancy boy.

G.'.D.'.

;\)

Whats a "nancy boy?" Is that like a fairy queen?

Yep, got it in one - lmfao \:D

G.'.D.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#5366 - 03/12/08 08:55 AM Re: Music = Results [Re: Mercury_Templar]
TornadoCreator Offline

I use song as a means of controlling and channeling my emotions, and often I use music that is not even my normal personal tastes. Normally I listen to rock or indie music, occationally listening to metal music. Examples of my favourite bands would be KoRn, Keane, Meatloaf, Linkin Park etc.

This song I found remarkably calming, and I was using it as a means of motivating myself and calming myself for an evening in with a girl I quite like. We met in University and went out a few times and this was the first time we'd seem eachother in over a year.

But anyway, I was tidying my room and listening to music and somehow this song helped. I use music as an alternative to any form of ritual or prayer.

I first realised I did this when listening to Alone I Break by KoRn when I was a teenager, when it first came out. It was a song I felt fueled yet releaved my anger at the same time. I would reach a peak of anger during the song... (I would normally be singing along), then by the end of the song I would be calm.

I've used song and dance ever since as a method of emotional control.

#5392 - 03/12/08 03:23 PM Re: Music = Results [Re: TornadoCreator]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

...I was pulling your leg before ;\) I also like to use sensory stimulation - everything from music to certain smells. And I have a great passion for dance/contemporary movement. Every two years I am part of a dance production at my school, involving about 100 students - I edit/create the music, do hair and make-up, assist back-stage, and assist the dance rehersals. My wife is also a dance teacher, but she is at another school. All up I have a great appreciation for the influence music and dance can have on the emotional well-being of any individual; whether they admit it or not. Who hasn't danced at least once, while alone in their room ;\)

G.'.D.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#5410 - 03/12/08 07:11 PM Re: Music = Results [Re: Mercury_Templar]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Having been a dancer for over 12 years, I can wholeheartedly relate to this topic.

Not only do I use dance as a form of motivation and meditation, I had the luxury of performing before audiences and being able to create my own 'emotions' to convey into whole groups of people.

Each of my 'shows' had very different emotional qualities ranging from the highly erotic (did I say nuerotic LOL) to the ridiculous. I even had one where I came out dressed as a Nun, right down to carrying a bible and a beautiful crucifix I found in an op shop that was mother of pearl overlaid and inscribed to 'Irene and Noel' 1965 on the back. Actually I still have it in my 'trunk'. I used a Concreete Blonde song called "Jesus Please Forgive Me For the Things I'm About To Say", that whilst teasing it is going to be a gospel type archepella song, is actually an angry rock song. Perfect for snarling at people and throwing bibles across rooms.

Suffice it to say, many an older person would be disgusted and angry by the end of the number and after I performed that show, would get very few people talking to me.

However, when I came out in 20's regalia and 'bunny hopped' to All That Jazz, they would be laughing and smiling and congratulating me etc etc for ages after the show.

I actually really miss my performance art and feel the lesser for not being involved in performing anymore. *sigh*

Soon.........next years fringe I'm determined to be performing again.

#5411 - 03/12/08 07:17 PM Re: Music = Results [Re: ZephyrGirl]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
The beauty of dance is that it is both visual AND interactive. The artist not only creates the piece, but IS the piece, so to speak.

Sadly, I'm not a very good dancer. I have no rhythm at all. However, stick a brush in my hand and give me a palette of paint, and I should be better off.

I'm procrastinating right now. I should get back to work....

#5462 - 03/13/08 12:16 AM Re: Music = Results [Re: DistroyA]
TornadoCreator Offline

Don't worry MT, I knew you where just having a laugh.

Really, I have no expressed talent for song or dance. I just find it extremely useful emotionally. Ironically I find I serverely miss the old mosh pits from rock clubs when I was in my late teens. I miss the violence, the energy, the atmosphere. It helped me so much as a kid, I kinda wish we still had it now.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.