Page 8 of 33 « First<678910>Last »
Topic Options
#61638 - 11/20/11 10:38 PM Re: Mvimaedivm [Re: Khk]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I think that a reorganized Wordpress layout would be more efficient for the content of your site. Horizontally-aligned flash websites are not good for reading large quantities of text, especially if they are crammed into tiny boxes. The interface is flashy, but not that intuitive. I found myself backtracking and refreshing the page just to get to a different category of the site, whereas it would be much easier to simply scroll up and click the relevant link.

I also think there is too much blank space covered up with gradients or graphics. Overall the visuals are a bit gaudy. The Wix watermarks are distracting too, since they are much brighter than anything else displayed on the page.

Just some feedback from a nitpicky art student.

Edited by The Zebu (11/20/11 10:39 PM)

#61642 - 11/21/11 06:23 AM Re: Mvimaedivm [Re: Diavolo]
Khk Offline

+O+ Thank you - I will take your comments and feedback under advisement and make some changes. +O+
#61649 - 11/21/11 05:54 PM Re: Mvimaedivm [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Khk Offline

Nice site, but the extensive text in black/red is somewhat hard to read. You might want to try something with better contrast. Hint for visitors in the meantime: Wipe through any text articles you want to read, and it will change them into black/white.

+O+ I've altered the text following your [and Diavolos] comment and the articles section is now white on dark red. Thank you for your feedback. +O+

I am still trying to grok your avatar, and my best guess so far is this.

+O+ I expected more from an Ipssissmus - no. Way off. Do you remember when Set spoke to you and gave you something? +O+

Edited by Khk (11/21/11 06:01 PM)

#61650 - 11/21/11 05:58 PM Re: Mvimaedivm [Re: The Zebu]
Khk Offline

I think that a reorganized Wordpress layout would be more efficient for the content of your site.

+O+ I've written thousands of pages but I don't need much room to post the best of them. The keys are there. +O+

Horizontally-aligned flash websites are not good for reading large quantities of text, especially if they are crammed into tiny boxes.

+O+ That's what she said. +O+

The interface is flashy, but not that intuitive. I found myself backtracking and refreshing the page just to get to a different category of the site, whereas it would be much easier to simply scroll up and click the relevant link.

+O+ I made changes based on your comments: Try it now. +O+

I also think there is too much blank space covered up with gradients or graphics. Overall the visuals are a bit gaudy.

+O+ Meh. +O+

The Wix watermarks are distracting too, since they are much brighter than anything else displayed on the page.

+O+ $ gets rid of them. +O+

Just some feedback from a nitpicky art student.

+O+ Useful feedback - thank you. +O+

#61651 - 11/21/11 06:13 PM Re: Mvimaedivm [Re: Khk]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Site looks hot O. Updated relevant links.

#61664 - 11/22/11 01:25 PM Re: Mvimaedivm [Re: Khk]
Michael A.Aquino Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Khk
 Originally Posted By: M.A.A.
I am still trying to grok your avatar, and my best guess so far is this.

+O+ I expected more from an Ipssissmus - no. Way off.

Intended as a humorous pun: "The Crawling I". Ipsissimi rarely align to others' expectations, but we are often compulsive punsters:

1. Two vultures board an airplane, each carrying two dead raccoons. The flight attendant looks at them and says, "I'm sorry, gentlemen, only one carrion allowed per passenger."

2. Two boll weevils grew up in South Carolina. One went to Hollywood and became a famous actor. The other stayed behind in the cotton fields and never amounted to much. The second one, naturally, became known as the lesser of two weevils.

3. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, but when they lit a fire in the craft, it sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it, too.

4. A three-legged dog walks into a saloon in the Old West. He slides up to the bar and announces, "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw."

5. Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root canal? He wanted to transcend dental medication.

6. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. "But why?" they asked, as they moved off. "Because," he said, "I can't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."

7. A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named "Ahmal." The other goes to a family in Spain, they name him "Juan." Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responds, "They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal."

8. Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him... A super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

10. And finally, there was the Ipsissimus who sent ten different puns to friends with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. Unfortunately, no pun in ten did...

#61669 - 11/22/11 04:14 PM Re: Mvimaedivm [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
LeftHandonFeet Offline

11. A slice of tomato, two pickles, lettuce and a slice of cheese were sitting on a fresh chesseburger. They were shits and giggling at the thought of a sexy lady with luscious lips putting her mouth all over them. Upon arriving at the table, a devout Yazidi briskly removed the lettuce. The slice of tomato pissed on the burger in retaliation, and the cheeses heart melted. The pickles shouted "Hey, lettuce all get along here!".

#61702 - 11/23/11 01:14 PM Re: Mvimaedivm [Re: Dan_Dread]
Khk Offline

Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
Site looks hot O. Updated relevant links.

+O+ Thank you Dan. +O+

#61703 - 11/23/11 01:20 PM Re: Mvimaedivm [Re: Khk]
Khk Offline

Ipsissimi rarely align to others' expectations

+O+ Anton Long says precisely the same of "Grand Masters". Few things do align to expectation, prompting my fascination with forms and how others use and abuse them. +O+

Are we doing jokes now?
I like jokes.
What's black and blue and hates sex?
The 6 year old in the trunk of my car.

#61708 - 11/23/11 03:54 PM Re: Mvimaedivm [Re: Khk]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
So a greasy , unkempt man and a little boy are walking through the woods at night.

The little boy says to the man, "Gee mister, it's dark and scary out here!"

To which the man replies, "How do you think I feel? I have to walk back by myself"

#61722 - 11/23/11 07:31 PM Re: Mvimaedivm [Re: Dan_Dread]
Khk Offline

+O+ Oho! Someone with a sense of humour. But enough of these Catholic jokes. +O+

What happened to the skinhead when he put his hand in the jellybean jar?
The black one stole his watch.

#63257 - 01/02/12 01:23 PM Re: Mvimaedivm [Re: Khk]
Khk Offline

+O+ A pity to leave on such a low note after so many efforts at a higher plane. But that's life. Bye for now 600 and co. +O+

Edited by Khk (01/02/12 01:24 PM)

#66424 - 04/26/12 11:06 PM Re: Mvimaedivm [Re: Khk]
Khk Offline

+O+ Hello. If anyone is interested, images and notes on our project to create a new tarot using archetypes familiar to the Temple of THEM are being posted here in the photo section, under the album: Tendril.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003489088615

#66432 - 04/27/12 05:28 PM Re: Mvimaedivm [Re: Khk]
Frumious Offline

Loc: New Jersey
There's no album named Tendril. Was it already taken down? Oh, and do you pronounce your user name as one syllable, to mimic what I'd imagine to be the sound of an insect's mandibles closing? If so, I like it.

The Temple of THEM is next on my list of ONA groups to look into.

#66456 - 04/28/12 07:49 PM Re: Mvimaedivm [Re: Frumious]
Khk Offline

+O+ I believe the album can only be seen and viewed by 'friends'. One syllable. ISS
Page 8 of 33 « First<678910>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.