Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#5185 - 03/10/08 05:40 AM Brother In Arms
DaVinci Offline

Loc: Australia
Before reading on, I suggest to those who are uninterested in what I have to say and deem me some kind of "Parrot" to discontinue reading on -- as this will probably only bore you and will no doubt result in an undesireable outcome and response from both parties.

Most of you would already know that I serve in the Military. As part of the training I received at Kapooka, I was taught to trust my friend -- in the Military life, your fellow soldier is not just a soldier, but a lifetime friend -- and give him even more reason to trust you because, at the end of the day, you may rely on eachother to bring yourselves out of a situation that is potentially fatal to both. He is your Brother in Arms.

Most of you would also be of the understanding that I am not a proclaimed Satanist; I am infact a Freemason and have been for several years -- it is only in the past few months that I have decided to join the United Grand Lodge of New South Wales (a Masonic centre located in Canberra).

In the time I spent overseas in the Middle East, I learnt one crucial thing: it does not matter what religious preference or doctrine you are of, you are always going to need the bloke next to you. The majority members of the Australian Defence Force are of Christian-value, and most are heavily religious -- especially when overseas. We have been taught that discrimination is not tolerated, and that respect must be held at its utmost to each and every soldier you work with.

What I'm interested in hearing from you all, is why you think it is possible for the Military to teach you the values of respect and to respect your friend's religion no matter what, but why it is becoming more and more intolerable in society and social morality, to dislike and hate anyone who stands in opposition to your own religious preferences.

I understand that the Military Life is slightly different to that of civilian life, but we can all be taught to respect eachother. So, why can't a majority-audience learn such discipline without the need for Military influence?

#5192 - 03/10/08 11:56 AM Re: Brother In Arms [Re: DaVinci]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: DaVinci
Before reading on, I suggest to those who are uninterested in what I have to say and deem me some kind of "Parrot" to discontinue reading on -- as this will probably only bore you and will no doubt result in an undesireable outcome and response from both parties.

Not with you making it worthwhile by writing a post in your own thoughts or adding your thoughts to something you find… Of course you may still find others that disagree with your views… Such is life… As far as undesirable outcomes go I do not think anything here on a forum truly undesirable as nothing here touches my personal life… Perhaps some are more susceptible to harm from written words…

Don’t be butt hurt…

What I'm interested in hearing from you all, is why you think it is possible for the Military to teach you the values of respect and to respect your friend's religion no matter what, but why it is becoming more and more intolerable in society and social morality, to dislike and hate anyone who stands in opposition to your own religious preferences.

You think we have become more religiously intolerable? I thought the crusades and inquisition were much harsher times…

You answer your own questions in your post… In the military the soldier next to you may very well be the person carrying your shot ass out of the mud, saving your life… In turn he realizes the same… Most of us civilians do not find ourselves in life and death situations daily… We are not walking around with a team of guys with one goal we are basically alone… This in itself makes it every man for himself not protect and respect strangers…

In the time I spent overseas in the Middle East, I learnt one crucial thing: it does not matter what religious preference or doctrine you are of, you are always going to need the bloke next to you.

The same does not hold true in the dog eat dog reality of the civillian world… The bloke next to me just might be the one I have to look out for… Our goals are not the same and unlike with a team I cannot even begin to guess what his goals are…

The majority members of the Australian Defence Force are of Christian-value, and most are heavily religious -- especially when overseas.

Good reason to not proclaim yourself Satanist then… I could see some religious nut feeling that he is redeemed for leaving a Satanist to die in the muck…

We have been taught that discrimination is not tolerated, and that respect must be held at its utmost to each and every soldier you work with.

Do you think that teaching overpowers a Christian’s belief? Even in the military?

As part of the training I received at Kapooka, I was taught to trust my friend

This is where we differ, I myself never needed to be taught to trust my friends… Of course life taught me to be careful whom I call friend, and who I trust…

I understand that the Military Life is slightly different to that of civilian life, but we can all be taught to respect eachother. So, why can't a majority-audience learn such discipline without the need for Military influence?

I think trying to compare your military training in with our civilian thinking in this manner is an exercise in futility… I must also ask did you grow up looking around you? In school we were taught these same things you ask… Yet fights still broke out people hated others, rules were broken… Such is the way of the human beast… Common man has not yet learned to fight only with ideas, to realize that whatever one thinks or feels towards another at the end of the day even if we still disagree it really doesn’t matter…

I in no way speak for all but I think most will agree with this statement… As Satanist we can pick and choose whom we add to our pack, most of us are born leader types not followers… This is why many Satanists do not play well with others…

In the military you are thrown into a pack not of your own choosing… Therefore that is why you are trained to be a better follower to form a more controlled herd… Cannot have the sheep biting each other and ruin all the wool…

~T~

#5194 - 03/10/08 12:29 PM Re: Brother In Arms [Re: DaVinci]
Isaak w shipley Offline

Loc: Tenneessee
Great quote.
Great strenth are soilders of frontlines everywhere.
America the great.
Red,White,Blue...

#5203 - 03/10/08 02:05 PM Re: Brother In Arms [Re: Isaak w shipley]
Isaak w shipley Offline

Loc: Tenneessee
Agreed.
DaVinci.

The post of painkillers:Pain is a substance we all share.We all try to aviod pain and suffering thet is nature itself.
Emotional pain triggers physical,vice-versa.Pain in itself is natural.To deny pain is to deny life.Do we have a say-so when the clock stops ticking?Open the mind and see that all of humanity suffers in one shape or another.Be ajusted to life through pain and you will find inspiring events.The good,bad,ugly.I have seen alot in my 24yrs on this planet of pain
Im very humble to a fault most of the time.So pain is your friend
and mine.Warcries,famine,sickness,not to be mistaken with weakness.Pain is not weak but strong.The more pain,the more gained.I go to accupunture instead of western hospitals.The only thing western society knows to do is IVmorphine.Then send you home to die.I refuse to die.Not enough is gained to loose now.The
privacy oriented pain we all silently suffer from.
Emotions run high strung.Part of instinct.Part of humanity.
Love it or hate it its there.
a undenialable force to be reconized.I see so many who cant deal with it.Been there,done that.Bad move. slowly but surely walls close in.Then it forces you confront.No more denial.I would gladly take humanitys pain if i could.Its not possible.All you can do is strenth train.Like brothers in arms.

"For those about to rock we salute you" AcDc...

#5209 - 03/10/08 03:04 PM Re: Brother In Arms [Re: Isaak w shipley]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
Honestly DaVinci, I find that I have no respect for the religion of my fellow soilders, rather I have respect for my fellow soldiers. I consider there religion to be something entirely seperate from what I see, I see men and women who I need and also need me. Some day our very lives may rely upon how we are around eachother. This is why I have respect in them.

I often claim I have no faith, however I do have faith. I have faith in human decency and in the British people. I have faith that they would look beyond any differences and help there fellow soldiers in any situation.

Granted I've never been in combat and have only recently joined the TA but the principals are the same. I wouldn't trust them to keep an intimate secret of mine, not yet a least, but I would trust them with my life as they've trusted me with theirs. It's a mutual trust that is built around a need that quickly forms into friendship.

This is how I view the military.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.