Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#52243 - 04/06/11 01:19 AM Worship of (the devil)
Bailthur Offline
lurker

Loc: Alton,Illinois
i am a recently new member to this site. i have noticed multiple time that people refer to themselves as a modern satanist. one viewing themselves as a god. not saying i disagree at all however i am seeking one who follows Lucifer. not Satan or whatever other demons but Lucifer. i believe in the 3 main goals.

1. do whatever it takes to better oneself or loved ones
2. gain wisdom as long as you breath
3. be an individual

i wish to converse with others about the faith. i am a self taught satanist and a very strong believer. i have used an ouija board and have found many answers. yet gained even more questions. if anyone also woships a deity as i (and i dont mean serve as a slave) then please contact me through a private message or on this open forum. any ideals are welcome, though all might not be takin to heart for that is our right of free will i will indeed read what you have to say.

also on a side note i am most positive the world will soon end within this year or the next decade. but in my lifetime for sure.
now i dont expect angels to decend from the heavens as depicted in the bible, or that it is truely the end. i feel it will be the working of man that brings about our end or should i say our new begining. feel free to comment about this as well

#52250 - 04/06/11 02:42 AM Re: Worship of (the devil) [Re: Bailthur]
Tesseract Offline

Loc: United States
In the land of the retarded, the half-wit is King...
#52251 - 04/06/11 02:52 AM Re: Worship of (the devil) [Re: Tesseract]
Jake999 Offline

LOL! I was just wondering if the Alton Mental Health Center had left its doors open. If (ahem) somebody needs to get home... ALTON MENTAL HEALTH CENTER
4500 COLLEGE AVENUE, ALTON, IL

#52307 - 04/06/11 04:14 PM Re: Worship of (the devil) [Re: Jake999]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Nurse! He's out of bed again! \:D

#52311 - 04/06/11 05:25 PM Re: Worship of (the devil) [Re: Bailthur]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Quote:
worship of the devil [...] not satan but lucifer

'Devil' is a direct translation of 'Satan'. As Spock clearly explains in episode 13 of season 5, which clearly establishes the storyline canon for this sort of thing.

Quote:
2. gain wisdom as long as you breath

Capitalization and spelling can be a great foundation for wisdom.

Quote:
i wish to converse with others about the faith. i am a self taught satanist and a very strong believer.

Did I just see "faith" and "Satanist" within five words of each other without any sort of refutative qualifier? My nose is bleeding.

Quote:

also on a side note i am most positive the world will soon end within this year or the next decade. but in my lifetime for sure.

Welcome to Club Eschaton, babe. You and every other human being in history.

Edited by The Zebu (04/06/11 05:29 PM)

#52313 - 04/06/11 05:40 PM Re: Worship of (the devil) [Re: The Zebu]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: The Zebu
'Devil' is a direct translation of 'Satan'.

I agree upon the origin of the word but I do think one should make a difference between Satan and the Devil. I am of the opinion that the Devil has evolved into a much deeper and richer character than Satan throughout the ages and personally see Satan more as a specific manifestation of the Devil while Old Nick himself has many more faces.

D.

#52327 - 04/06/11 10:32 PM Re: Worship of (the devil) [Re: Bailthur]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

I have mentioned this story a couple of times before, but I will mention it one last time. I think this is going to be my last act of extreme spoon feeding, because all the info is available if people really want it.

Here’s the story:

When I was a kid my friends and I would go into a little side room under my house to have spooky fun with a Ouija board. We had a makeshift table and a few milk crates and candles etc.

We would sit on the milk crates, around the table with the Ouija board, trying to contact spirits. My sister and I sincerely believed in the whole thing, we sincerely believed that if we had a good board, committed participants, and did it right then we would contact real spirits.

We seemed to be in luck! We did it and it worked over and over again and we believed we were contacting all sorts of spirits and things. Our apparent success reinforced our belief in it.

One day, however, my faith in the board and our skills was crushed by the kid who lived down the street.

One day we were under the house, contacting some spirit, when I noticed that the kid from down the street was actually pushing the glass. I later asked him some questions and I found out that he had always been pushing the glass and he was doing it for his own amusement.

He did it because he enjoyed knowing that he was ultimately controlling the situation, controlling the other participants in the process, and determining the outcome of the process.

He was seemingly a part of a team and he was apparently following the rules which the team followed and believed in, in order to obtain the shared goal. But, in fact, he was not a part of the team at all and he was skilfully manipulating the team, by his own use of the rules, in order to control the process and to further his own agenda.

Here’s the question: who here – in the story - is the Satanist and who is not?

Obviously, in this case, it is the kid who lived down the road as he is the one in control and the one determining how the others think/react and ensuring that his desired outcome is reached every time the game is played. He is the Satanist here.

What is the worldview of this kid from down the road? Does belief or faith have any part in what he does in the story, in his way of seeing the world generally? No, it does not.

He does not believe in spirits and he told me this when I asked him years ago. He does not believe in any sort of metaphysical reality where gods or spirits or demons have any sort of independent and conscious existence. They are characters from stories for him, they are convenient fictions which he can use or ignore as he sees fit.

He realises, though, that others, including the other participants in the Ouija board story, do believe in the literal existence of these sorts of entities (such as spirits) and he uses that knowledge in order to advance his own cause or just for his own amusement.

They are rubes and he is a carny.

You should take note of his self – centred attitude and his cool cynicism, his realism or materialism, and the pragmatism which underpins his way of seeing, his approach to doing.

He is thinking about the effects of what he does and what reaction his actions will generate in others. He marvels at the way other people see, at their compulsion to believe and have faith in something which ultimately they cannot see or hear etc., at their need to belong to a team in the first place.

His “magic” is his ability to read others and successfully control and manipulate them.

I strongly advise you to buy a copy of an old black and white movie called Nightmare Alley, with Tyrone Power in it. Study this film and its characters very carefully. This will be a good start.

A word of warning though: take care if you follow this road, remember the example of the ambitious man who ended up becoming the carnival geek. Beware the power of magic!

#52334 - 04/07/11 12:00 AM Re: Worship of (the devil) [Re: ]
Hegesias Offline

Well you put that into words so very well. Something that was hard to do understandably.

I will use "Devilry" instead of "Satanism" occasionally because Satanism was LaVey's. Devilry and Witchery strait out exclaims that malevolence is the name of the game and Devil Worship would be when the principle of sinisterness becomes the ideal of the Promethean. Whether people believe in an actual entity of the Devil is not important as the grandiose cultivation of hideous inspiration and primitive drives to do sinister extremism would be the object I would think?

#52346 - 04/07/11 01:53 AM Re: Worship of (the devil) [Re: Hegesias]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Thank for your comment in relation to my post.

In my opinion I will only have one chance to live. There will be only one life for me, because for better or worse, I cannot prove that there is any form of afterlife once I die.

With this in mind I realise that I must try to live the best and most meaningful type of life I can and I do that realising I face certain imposed limitations and personal/physical imperfections.

The key to living well within limitations is personal conscious control and I see the accomplished black magician as an expert at personal conscious control.

Everything I try to do and try to achieve starts out from this fundamental viewpoint.

The most important thing in the world is my freedom, so anything which jeopardises my freedom is avoided like the plague.

There is nothing more un-Satanic, in my view, then winding up in prison as a result of an unlawful action, carried out for whatever reason, or in support of a philosophy or a doctrine etc. Straight away the person has lost control and has lost precious time and freedom.

Closely following my love of freedom is protection of those I care for, then followed by the security of my financial position, material assets and social position.

Again, I am constantly trying to be pragmatic and am always attempting to carefully and consciously assess the potential result of every action. I am always trying to see how this or that can ultimately benefit me and my long term plan or goals.

I am mentioning all this stuff to give you some sense of what “my Satanism” is all about.

The most accomplished Satanist’s, in my view, don’t expose themselves to direct danger if they can help it. They are in the shadows pulling the strings and making everyone else dance to their tune.

They create the rules and they own the game; or else they have carefully determined what their realistic goals are, what talents and skills they possess to meet their goals, and then are using pre-existing games and rules for their own benefit.

And, as a middle aged ham I find that violence and destruction and revolution just arent my thing anymore. Trust me when I say this: the faster a person gives all those things up the more meaningful and enjoyable their life will be and the more in control of their environment they are. Just my opinion though.

#52378 - 04/07/11 12:46 PM Re: Worship of (the devil) [Re: ]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

From your perspective this of course makes sense but there are others who place importance at something else.

I myself prefer being in control, unless I deliberately let go, but even when being in control, to me, certain principles are rather important and due to these, the possibility exists I'll have to do that which I "need" to do. This could lead to violence and it might or might not imply me suffering from this violence but I, at all times, prefer this above betraying that which I find defining. The "death before dishonor" credo might seem quite drastic but even when it doesn't necessarily needs to be about death, I do think it applies.

The same goes for imprisonment. I don't necessarily equate freedom with not being jailed. Winding up in prison is a possibility for those of the LHP which seek certain insights. Either some experiences might lead to it or it in itself might be a desired or required experience. Often it might not be the question if they'll end up there but when they will. Does it make them unsatanic? It might but only depending upon what perspective upon Satanism one upholds.

I don't see a satanist as much as in the shadows pulling strings as being a shadow cutting them loose.

D.

#52430 - 04/07/11 10:53 PM Re: Worship of (the devil) [Re: Diavolo]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Now and then I tend to draw on movie characters as a means of illustrating the points I try to make.

I see many movie characters exemplifying Satanism, but one which really stands out right now is Michael Corleone.

I have lost track of the number of times I have seen The Godfather films. I always tend to see Corleone as a great Satanist.

Michael, as a youth, kills because he believes he has to in order to protect The Family. His father, with the experience and knowledge behind him, is shocked and angered by Michael's choice and seems to blame the older and more experienced members of the family, such as Sonny, Tom and Freddy for allowing the young Michael to risk himself so openly.

It is later on when Michael becomes the Don and particularly in Part 2 that his real power as a Satanist is seen. He now controls a powerful organisation and he has set up things so nobody can really get to him for any crimes which are committed without making an enormous effort. There are buffers upon buffers upon buffers, but Michael is ultimately pulling all the strings.

He has his large scale wars for sure, but his ability to read people and see the big picture and again pull the strings and arrange the outcome in his favour is so Satanic for me.

Both Vito and Michael do the dirty work early on, but then they get real wise and orchestrate everything, including deaths, from behind a black curtain or rather from inside a dark limousine.

I am a bit drawn to the darker aspects of Satanism again at the moment.

#52468 - 04/08/11 10:42 AM Re: Worship of (the devil) [Re: Diavolo]
Hegesias Offline

Diavolo you've done well to encapsulate something again.

The "death before dishonour" credo for me is something I understand from from a very withdrawn angle as I see "being honourable" and "to have honour" as different things, in this I mean I recognise people have different views about what honour is and for me it's detached from personal and yet has no attachments to the external. I see honour as being emotionally pure to ones self and in thought not wanting to live up to anyone's standards but ones own. I will be seen as negativist insofar as my attitude of scepticism or complete dismissal of the suggestions, orders, or instructions of others but this is not without logical reasons as to why I refuse to carry out suggestions, orders, or instructions of others, it's simply not worth it to make my personal choice apparent to others who are incommunicable and expectant of values which are alien to me.

I am dismissal and reserve the intent for retaliation if ignominious parasitism persists. I let others define themselves as dishonourable by their imposing of expectations. I honour nothing but my own choices and owe allegiance to naught. I am not compelled to offer explanation in real life.

I appreciate these forums for learning and communications through observation to compliment my research. I am synthesising a philosophy or rather a concept of dark gnosticism.

Now whether to post this ritual I have improved?

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 25 queries. Zlib compression disabled.