Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#52701 - 04/11/11 08:30 PM Vulgar Display of.....
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Vulgar:

vul·gar
adjective /ˈvəlgər/
1. Lacking sophistication or good taste; unrefined
* - the vulgar trappings of wealth
2. Making explicit and offensive reference to sex or bodily functions; coarse and rude
* - a vulgar joke
3. Characteristic of or belonging to the masses

or

–adjective
1. characterized by ignorance of or lack of good breeding or taste: vulgar ostentation.
2. indecent; obscene; lewd: a vulgar work; a vulgar gesture.
3. crude; coarse; unrefined: a vulgar peasant.
4. of, pertaining to, or constituting the ordinary people in a society: the vulgar masses.
5. current; popular; common: a vulgar success; vulgar beliefs.
6. spoken by, or being in the language spoken by, the people generally; vernacular: vulgar tongue.
7. lacking in distinction, aesthetic value, or charm; banal; ordinary: a vulgar painting.
–noun
8. Archaic . the common people.
9. Obsolete . the vernacular.

Blah, blah, blah, so what do you find to be Vulgar in this day and age?

I find people who are purposely stupid to be vulgar, as well as 2 girls 1 cup.

Your turn....

Morgan

#52702 - 04/11/11 08:57 PM Re: Vulgar Display of..... [Re: Morgan]
kelza Offline
Banned
stranger

Loc: New Zealand
2 girls one cup should be banned from the internet makes women look like they are up for any thing not good in this day and age there are to many things wrong with this world as it is

#52703 - 04/11/11 09:00 PM Re: Vulgar Display of..... [Re: Morgan]
Hegesias Offline

Thanks for the opportunity.

I find contemporary violence to be vulgar and also strangely saddening. Why? To observe the broken spirit of humans who actually believe they are being violent when it is reactory aggression, the humans like to hurt each other but do not have the propensity, I see that the Devil has has been bred out of them, it is hard to explain. I have rarely seen anything that impressed me except for when I encounter uninhibited persons (women).Yet that is so rare, and instead there is acceptance of the way humans resemble domesticated pets.

Sit down across the room and observe "people" eat, they will display, apart from shambling vulnerability, unsynchronised gait, the very same twitchy and bestial mannerisms of apes.

Something else that is vulgar is when people project their Jungian shadow and don't realise and continue to induce empathic embarrassment onto those who would be molested by the projected inferiority.

It's like something equivalent to watching starving children shamelessly eating shit sandwiches.

I see the broken spirit of human beings. This disgusts me.

#52704 - 04/11/11 09:08 PM Re: Vulgar Display of..... [Re: kelza]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

You are just a whiny little fucker aren't you? First you bitch about Jackass and now you are bitching about 2 Girls 1 Cup. Here's an idea: don't watch them if you don't like them. Saying that video should be banned just because you don't like it is fucking retarded. And everyone, not just women, has a price. Some just may be higher than others. Why does it matter to you how consenting adults prefer to achieve sexual gratification? You sound like a Christian preacher. Eat shit. \:D

-

What I find vulgar: the post I just responded to.

#52706 - 04/11/11 09:10 PM Re: Vulgar Display of..... [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Jake999 Offline

Damn 6... do I hear an offer I can't refuse? There's a new 30 ft cabin cruiser I'm looking at....

#52708 - 04/11/11 09:16 PM Re: Vulgar Display of..... [Re: Jake999]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I don't know, Jake, you'd have to elaborate a little more on what it is you are thinking.

#52714 - 04/11/11 11:38 PM Re: Vulgar Display of..... [Re: Hegesias]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I view vulgarity as the opposite of critical discipline. There is nothing intrinsically 'wrong' about being vulgar, but vulgar people tend to be ego-driven, easily influenced by unconscious psychological impulses and societal control mechanisms they cannot understand.

Those who go about their lives unaware that they are hosts to parasites (or parasites themselves); those who uncritically swallow the ideas of others as dogma; those who are self-destructive and cause suffering towards our race and our planet.

I would like to be as neutral and non-dualistic towards vulgarity as far as emotional practicality will allow, although I cannot help but find myself occasionally disgusted by certain aspects of humanity. More often then not I simply pity them.

#52719 - 04/12/11 02:47 AM Re: Vulgar Display of..... [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
kelza Offline
Banned
stranger

what i think is what i think dont make me out to be somthing else
that i'm not you eat your own shit i am far from being a preacher

#52720 - 04/12/11 02:53 AM Re: Vulgar Display of..... [Re: kelza]
SkaffenAmtiskaw Moderator Offline
veteran member

Kelza, there is a standard here, both for form, content and polite behaviour. Your post is lacking in all of these. Please read the FAQ and learn to play by the rules.

#52722 - 04/12/11 02:58 AM Re: Vulgar Display of..... [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
kelza Offline
Banned
stranger

sorri i will

kelza is getting a 2 week time out to think stuff over due to his last post I deleted.... Morgan

Edited by Morgan (04/13/11 12:13 AM)
Edit Reason: information

#52824 - 04/13/11 10:56 AM Re: Vulgar Display of..... [Re: Hegesias]
Liadan Offline
stranger

Loc: Netherlands
 Originally Posted By: Hegesias

Sit down across the room and observe "people" eat, they will display, apart from shambling vulnerability, unsynchronised gait, the very same twitchy and bestial mannerisms of apes.

Ah yew, like in tb shows like the Biggest Loser or Supersize vs. Superskinny. Makes me feel kind of sick and full of disgust to see those people eat.

#52825 - 04/13/11 11:01 AM Re: Vulgar Display of..... [Re: Liadan]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Strangely I don't find many things vulgar, implying nothing really “shocks” me into seeing it as such.

The only thing that triggered this effect during the last years and which I mentioned before was this drunk guy stealing the show in a pub by taking off his fake leg. While that wasn't really vulgar, the moment his woman tried, and surely managed, to outdo him by taking out her teeth, that surely was.

D.

#52827 - 04/13/11 11:36 AM Re: Vulgar Display of..... [Re: Diavolo]
Hegesias Offline

Yes you just nailed it, anti-climactic failures!

When they think they are special but you just feel a mix of pitiless banality and empathic embarrassment and can't think of anything ironic to say because there is not enough to work with and to do so would be in equally vulgar taste.

I think when people mix negative with vulgar they imply all the cool stuff too like sophisticated revenge which could never be vulgar if carried out with attention to details and devotion. (I think I will make a glossary of terms that differentiates straw man accusations which mix good and bad taste relating to evilness just for fun).

Seriously though I feel "vulgar" sometimes as to die as king of the mental sport of misanthropy having had no joy from life except a vulgar propensity for irony makes me quite the "bad taste" individual. Slight exaggeration, I just can't put down my sword.

I think like Diavolo says: A piss poor effort is what I equate to vulgar, and rudeness and bad manners that make you cringe. I can tolerate seeing violence and stuff but not vulgar displays of power, people gloating over petty liberties taken etc.

What about rich celebrities who donate money to charities "anonymously" but knowingly waiting for their piss poor pretentiously secretive cover to be blown, and then, secretly, they are buzzing with conceitedness from giving thousands which would only be the equivalent of £20 to us. What I hate are those who "play" modest heroes to themselves and others, whom, with pretentious humbleness and solemn eyes, are gloating in an extremely morbid way.

Paradoxically though, anti-climactic failures can be in good taste if they are deliberate and not unintentional such as losing at a game when you are miles ahead and just about to win, in effect making everyone lose by default of false victory being better than winning. I remember when I done this at school in a 800 metre race, right at the finish line I feigned a fall and lay there smiling, waiting for everyone to catch up and overtake. I remember being moaned at. Vulgar? Surely just silliness, fun, as not to take things too seriously.

The Zebu nailed points I couldn't explain. Pity turns to irony with me every time, laughter, but this cruel laughter can reflect as being hollowing after years of it, but then that seems funny as well.

#53340 - 04/23/11 02:20 AM Re: Vulgar Display of..... [Re: Hegesias]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
Being without a drum kit is vulgar for me. Music has become a part of me, a life source. I've been a drummer since I was three and so music has become something as necessary as breathing. Its what I do, a second nature. Without drums I feel a bit lost. I don't currently believe in life after music, so to speak. Its been a very depressive year since I lost possession of my kit due to space limits at my residence, but its starting to look up. I may get to start practicing regularly once again. Its been a very brutal experience.
#85516 - 03/05/14 01:41 AM Re: Vulgar Display of..... [Re: Morgan]
Ferox Offline
pledge

Loc: Adios!
“Transparency” is the keyword these days. That’s what I find vulgar. The opinion that all information should be accessible to everybody. Don’t expect that from me. I’m always aware of what I’m releasing publicly. My experience is my most valuable possession.
Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.