Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#52757 - 04/12/11 09:27 AM Jesus Christ, SatanStar
Nachash Offline
stranger

Loc: Melbourne, Austraia
Dear all (or Ave all, should such be your flavour)

I am pleased to have been able to post my intro to my - possibly - infernal brethren on this site, and I'll just throw in this post (granted, cross-post) in some anticipation of quality of reply.

I'm aware that the 600 Club is inordinately proud of its reputation for burning newbies. I hope we can all, then, express ourselves appropriately when (if) I decide to continue posting. I respect this forum's desire to weed out idiots; I assume there is a corollary recognition that individual posters have precisely the same intent when they choose to test the waters here.

I think it's likely this particular post may well determine the calibre of you to me, and I to you.

Enjoy ...

It has always struck me that, should Satan incarnate and entertain himself on discussion forums, the first thing he might do would promote Christiantity amongst Satanists.

Perhaps my Satan is just adversarial to an overly perverse degree

That being said, I ask you to consider this passage from Matthew 23.

13But woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because you shut the kingdom of heaven against men, for you yourselves do not enter in; and those that are going in, you suffer not to enter.

14Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites: because you devour the houses of widows, praying long prayers. For this you shall receive the greater judgment.

15Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because you go round about the sea and the land to make one proselyte; and when he is made, you make him the child of hell twofold more than yourselves.

16Woe to you blind guides, that say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but he that shall swear by the gold of the temple, is a debtor.

17Ye foolish and blind; for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?

18And whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gift that is upon it, is a debtor.

19Ye blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?

20He therefore that sweareth by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things that are upon it:

21And whosoever shall swear by temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth in it:

22And he that sweareth by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.

23Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because you tithe mint, and anise, and cummin, and have left the weightier things of the law; judgment, and mercy, and faith. These things you ought to have done, and not to leave those undone.

24Blind guides, who strain out a gnat, and swallow a camel.

25Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because you make clean the outside of the cup and of the dish, but within you are full of rapine and uncleanness.

26Thou blind Pharisee, first make clean the inside of the cup and of the dish, that the outside may become clean.

27Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because you are like to whited sepulchres, which outwardly appear to men beautiful, but within are full of dead men's bones, and of all filthiness.

28So you also outwardly indeed appear to men just; but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

29Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; that build the sepulchres of the prophets, and adorn the monuments of the just,

30And say: If we had been in the days of our Fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

31Wherefore you are witnesses against yourselves, that you are the sons of them that killed the prophets.

32Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33You serpents, generation of vipers, how will you flee from the judgment of hell?

Now my friends, here's the thing. Satanists are unutterably boring, by and large, because they seem to define themselves by being as hard-arse as they can possibly be in their denunciation of the followers of Yahweh.

My question, then. Who amongst you, or which Satanist you have ever heard or read, is more vicious in their condemntation of the Yahweh priesthood than Jesus was? Who has made a greater commitment of courage and sacrifice than he who was tortured to death for it?

Would anyone here like to put up their hand and claim to be a better Satanist than Jesus was?

I'm just sayin' ...

Corbeau de Marais

http://www.theserpentkiss.blogspot.com

#52761 - 04/12/11 11:08 AM Re: Jesus Christ, SatanStar [Re: Nachash]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

tl;dr - I've had my share of scripture for one life time.

I'm a better Satanist than Jesus was because, you see, I actually exist. And Satanism is much more than just "condemnation of the Yahweh priesthood". And many don't even bother much more than just realizing what a load of bullshit it is. I make fun of religion, all religion, just because it is entertaining to me. And I am sure that I would still do it even if I didn't identify myself as a Satanist.

I'm just sayin'.

#52767 - 04/12/11 12:40 PM Re: Jesus Christ, SatanStar [Re: Nachash]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

If being satanic would imply being at war with their cultural religion and those representing it, sure baby J. would have been a great one in his time. But when being satanic implies being at war with that which the religion is a representation of, not so much.

D.

#52771 - 04/12/11 01:25 PM Re: Jesus Christ, SatanStar [Re: Nachash]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: Nachash

I'm aware that the 600 Club is inordinately proud of its reputation for burning newbies.

That is a myth that a cursory glance through the introduction threads would have sorted out for you. There is no concerted effort to rally against new folk at this site. If a new person identifies him/her self as a potential new member, is polite, is well reasoned, is articulate then they are treated in kind to the same level of respect. Being new or being well seasoned has no bearing on one's treatment here. The evidence is easily available and obtainable to anyone who should choose to seek it out before making a claim such as yours.

Now my friends, here's the thing. Satanists are unutterably boring, by and large, because they seem to define themselves by being as hard-arse as they can possibly be in their denunciation of the followers of Yahweh.

Any Satanist who would choose the path that you've illustrated would, indeed, be a bore. However, you've described a very small portion of the population of Satanists I personally interact with. Most see organized religion of all stripes as simply a yoke that they refuse to submit to because it makes no kind of inherent sense to them. Personally, I see all followers of organized religion as people not worthy of my time. I have absolutely nothing in common with them at the psychological/intellectual level. We simply see the world/universe from opposite ends of a spectrum. I have better things to do with my time than to focus on what anyone is doing other than myself.

My question, then. Who amongst you, or which Satanist you have ever heard or read, is more vicious in their condemntation of the Yahweh priesthood than Jesus was? Who has made a greater commitment of courage and sacrifice than he who was tortured to death for it?

As 6 pointed out, rooting christianity out of one's belief system is step one, and truly it is a small step for those pre disposed to it. Satanism is much wider than railing against the abrahamic 3. Universes wider, in fact. Finally, I don't see Satanism as a cause. I would think that a Satanist who would choose to sacrifice the self for the benefit of others is missing the entire point of Satanism.

Would anyone here like to put up their hand and claim to be a better Satanist than Jesus was?

I thought I was making some decent points until I remembered that Jesus could make wine of water. As such, the man was a traveling party. How do you compete with that?

#52776 - 04/12/11 09:35 PM Re: Jesus Christ, SatanStar [Re: Fnord]
Nachash Offline
stranger

Some good points Fnord, I could possibly benefit by being a little less dismissive of a "generalised" Satanism.

Having done more than merely cursorily scanning the response to new members, however, we may have to agree to disagree on the attitude typically demonstrated. Although perhaps I should acknowledge I too readily dismiss the "we don't suffer fools lightly" posturing as transparent over-compensation.

Perhaps I could be more nuanced in my various generalisations ;-)

And you're right. I should have just stuck with the wine thing ...

Corbeau de Marais

#52798 - 04/13/11 01:12 AM Re: Jesus Christ, SatanStar [Re: Nachash]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Many of us are quite aware of Christ's rebellious streak, and such antinomian currents of Christianity indeed have strong tangencies with the Left-Hand-Path proper as a spiritual discipline.

Satanists do have a bit of a bad reputation for being obsessed with bashing Christianity. However, this is merely an initial stage of alchemical evolution (which, admittedly, many unfortunately do not transcend, spending the rest of their existences in an uphill battle against their own juvenile egos).

Those who take the first genuine step in Satanic understanding (which is past rebellion against outer forms) realize that Christ-- like Satan-- is ultimately a non-dualistic idea, a multi-faceted form that can manifest differently under varying circumstances. Those who spout long-winded opinions about the mild and loving Prince of Peace (who vomits a flaming sword from his mouth at the end of days) often reveal more about themselves than anything we can (with the remotest certainty) ascribe to that fiery rabbi once known as Yeshua Ben Yosef.

Sinister mythos is rife with similar paradoxes and varying interpretations. Is Satan the gnostic serpent of Genesis, or is he the tyrannical and cruel demiurge of the Cathars? I say he is at once both- and none. Although I once stumbled over labels in a rebellious stupor like many diabolists before me, these days I am equally comfortable calling the Ultimate Principle either God or Satan.

Edited by The Zebu (04/13/11 01:16 AM)

#52801 - 04/13/11 01:59 AM Re: Jesus Christ, SatanStar [Re: The Zebu]
Nachash Offline
stranger

Thanks for this Zebu, it seems I have indeed been too quick in my judgement of broader Satanism and this board. I would have been a little less simplistic in my initial post had I been better informed.

How gratifying.

It is interesting you note the link between the serpent of Genesis as (possibly) Satan. My own "handle" Nachash relates to that Serpent, which also shares "identity" (via gematria) with "messiah." Multi-faceted, indeed.

I am also drawn to one popular gnostic concept, favoured by Jung, of Lucifer and Christ being twin-souls. Drawing on, to a degree, similar concepts with Set-Horus and Loki-Odin, amongst others.

Thankyou for your thoughts

Corbeau de Marais

#52848 - 04/13/11 02:19 PM Re: Jesus Christ, SatanStar [Re: Nachash]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas

I am also drawn to one popular gnostic concept, favoured by Jung, of Lucifer and Christ being twin-souls. Drawing on, to a degree, similar concepts with Set-Horus and Loki-Odin, amongst others.

I like the simple comparisons drawn in the film Zeitgeist about mythology surrounding (religious) dark/light et al from past to future.

Here are some links to the parts dealing with religion if you haven't seen it:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

About 5 mins in to part 1 is particularly relevant to your point.

#52967 - 04/14/11 09:32 PM Re: Jesus Christ, SatanStar [Re: Nachash]
Oxus Offline

It appears that Yeshua and Lucifer are One & the Same! \:\/

Isaiah 14:12 (to Lucifer)
How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

Revelation 22:16 (by Yeshua)
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

LOL, of course we all know that the first verse was referencing the King of Babylon . . . so, Jesus was King Nebuchadnezzar?

Oy Vey ha-satan!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.