Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#57163 - 07/19/11 06:34 PM Re: Bending your destiny or future [Re: MindFux]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

It's a lie to keep the system running. Try harder, work harder, try more, work more and you'll become whatever you want. Anyone can become anything. That's an egalitarian concept solely differentiating at how much or hard one works. That's bollocks.

Just looking around does show this isn't really the case and that chasing wild dreams is not always at your benefit. Still, it is always at the benefit of the system.

Our boy here is an actor, musician and producer but I've had a quick browse through his accomplishments and even without judging these, I'm quite sure he didn't do yet what he dreamt doing. But when he works some more and tries some harder, I'm sure he'll get to the top too. He's not the loser type you know.

D.

#57182 - 07/19/11 11:44 PM Re: Bending your destiny or future [Re: Diavolo]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
Really the way to get your future to be what you want comes down to the basic question: what do you want it to be? If you have a vague answer to that question I can't imagine you'll ever really go too far.

The real questions people are too stuck in their immediate perspective to ask and answer honestly are the most important ones. Happiness is achieved through understanding the self.
Who are you? Who do you want to be?
What makes you happy? What are the bare minimum requirements in your life for you to be happy? How far above those minimums are you willing to risk them for? What can you or can't you sacrifice in your life?

Only if you can answer those questions can your really move onto the others.
What about you is stopping you from what you want? What about your environment is stopping you from what you want? What is stopping you from becoming who you want to be?

The problem I usually see in these areas of the internet is people wanting themselves to be something unrealistic and unnatural, or fooling themselves into thinking they're something unrealistic or unnatural. In general people's problem is unwillingness or inability (I wonder which really, but that's a whole other question) to view and judge themselves objectively. To think with thoughts and not emotions about the self.

Now you may ask what I have accomplished. Not much in the eyes of others, I suppose, but I don't really care about that. I have made creative projects I enjoy and all I truly want out of life is to live in a reliable and stable environment, have a bit extra to enjoy myself, and primarily to keep on making creative projects that I personally enjoy and can be proud of. The great thing about not letting consumerist society tell you what you want is that what you want will come much cheaper.

#57183 - 07/19/11 11:54 PM Re: Bending your destiny or future [Re: TV is God]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

It's not about what you accomplished, I am criticizing the gospel that you can accomplish anything if you only desire it enough, and invest the required effort.

D.

#57188 - 07/20/11 12:11 AM Re: Bending your destiny or future [Re: Diavolo]
Hegesias Offline

You are?

Would I be able to posit the idea that you mean to say in some respect, that people dramatise everything that would otherwise be an apathetic experience, quite effortless to somebody focused?

If I can clarify: I mean to present the idea that only the will to power is the true will and so everything preferential in abstract of absolute power is a derailment of the true preference residing in our inexorable nature.

In this we see that besides any evident actualisation of our accomplishments, it is only the desire and drive to overcome our surroundings that we encounter designated by cosmic fate, and it is this adversarial instinct that causes us to succeed as consequence? The ideals and aims only serve as a temporary target to aim at, finding serendipity or disaster along the way is uncertain and still ought to be embraced simply for the journey.

Did I lose the plot again? \:\)

#57210 - 07/20/11 11:08 AM Re: Bending your destiny or future [Re: Hegesias]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I'd not as much consider it a dramatization as a glorification of plain normalcy. Satanism always had an emphasis on material wealth and success but up to today, I still need to see the first satanist who actually accomplished anything remotely resembling that what is considered "success" in societal norms. All others who glorify their accomplishment do so in comparison to the subnormal.

Now mind you, my opinion of people does not rely on their bank worth or societal position. I'd even say that those cashing in their worth based on these are no different than those cashing in their worth based upon righteousness. Materialism can be as much a religion as any other.

We all indeed are driven by WtP and will use any channel available but this does not imply everything is choice. WtP is an inherent drive which we are not necessarily conscious about and as such will as easily manifest itself in the trivial as in the essential.

Living implies being awake instead of sleepwalking and identify the illusions surrounding us. Much of what we take for granted is plain bullshit. Most of society is an illusion based upon pure bullshit. This bullshit is there to make us conform. As long as we keep sleepwalking, we keep conforming. As long as we sleepwalk, we don't make our own choices.

As long as we sleepwalk, we will never find out who or what we truly are.

D.

#57255 - 07/21/11 03:03 AM Re: Bending your destiny or future [Re: ]
Aries9 Offline
temp ban
stranger

Originally Posted By: MatthewJ1
I will also try to put my view across in simple words, not with the intention of being patronising and just obvious

Not taken that way at all. Just as a personal preference I'll refrain from performing linguistic acrobatics. Most of the time when people do this anyway it's to dress up what otherwise would be a pile of ...well you get the idea. Needless to say I never could stomach pretentiousness well.

I would like to make an assertion: the human unconscious or the subconscious is speaking though the stories we value, just as it can speak through the dreams we have.

I would tend to agree with you, but understanding why is where the power rests. The way I see it you can be aware of this, but if you can't understand the cause the effect will not tell you much of anything in most cases. Thank you for the recommendations. I'm sure I would find them interesting.

I think it is possible to analyse a text or a way of reading or meaning and determining the conscious and the unconscious or subconscious elements which determine its structure and the meaning of the elements within it.

I disagree here. I think you will only see as much as you are allowed to see, I can compose an idea and write that idea two different ways and in each instance I'll give you a different idea of the unconscious or subconscious behind it. Your theory rests on the assumption that people can't or won't lie or mislead.

I like history and I think one can learn a lot about human beings and their stories and actions from considering the past. On the one hand, I am interested in determining the general principles underpinning the success of such powerful families/individuals as the Medici, the Hapsburgs, the Rothschild’s, the Hohenzollern, Carnegie, Morgan and Ford etc.

I have a lot of contempt for history, but I am interested in human beings. I like to study them, however I don't think one needs to look at history to do so. History to me is lies, propaganda, egotism. It is never unbiased and for the most part dependent on perception. The only thing history says is "This event happened" It doesn't say anything else of substance and sometimes even the event itself never occurred. You can observe this when even a recent event is called into question by a few people and none of them recall it the same way and give different causes for the event occurring. Than think 1 year, 10 years, 100 years and within that only based on a single person's perspective. It may be entertaining to read about history but I wouldn't accept it as truth if it had to be so.

The questions you posed are practical. I would use similar reasoning.

Some Thoughts on Black Magic from This Point of View

I agree with mostly everything here. Using what you do accidentally or unintentionally to your advantage can be a skill as well.

Edited by Aries9 (07/21/11 03:32 AM)

#57881 - 08/01/11 03:16 PM Re: Bending your destiny or future [Re: Diavolo]
Jude Leaven Offline
stranger

Loc: Palm Springs,CA
 Originally Posted By: Diavolo
Intention means little when it is not accompanied by action. No change is possible without something actively triggering that change or manipulating the very probabilities which might, eventually, lead to it.

One can intent or project as much and as long as one likes but if there is no real "acting" behind it, anything which might or might not happen is solely in the hands of others.

D.

@Diavolo: That's absolutely so right on! If I can use another example involving prayer. Some people pray to their god for money or better health, and then fail to attract those things because they expected it to fall into their lap without putting forth the effort to earn some extra cash by knocking on doors of employment or placing an ad in the paper, or going to the gym or changing their diet.

#57882 - 08/01/11 04:01 PM Re: Bending your destiny or future [Re: Diavolo]
Jude Leaven Offline
stranger

Loc: Palm Springs,CA
 Originally Posted By: Diavolo
It's not about what you accomplished, I am criticizing the gospel that you can accomplish anything if you only desire it enough, and invest the required effort.

D.

I can understand the criticism, since so many random events take place in our life, like you plan to save some money this month and then wham! The car needs repair, or you were going to go out on a date and the other person cancels due to illness. You could plan to take a vacation next year and end up needing to get a kidney transplant. Someone once said; "The race is not to the swift nor to the strong, but time and chance happen to them all." I think that's how is was written, and I do not know who the original Author of that saying is. Some might say life is a craps game. But you can't win it unless you play and that begins with rolling the dice.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.008 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.