Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#53410 - 04/24/11 02:01 PM ToV and CoS
Pjotr Zeeotter Offline
lurker

I posted this question on LttD before, wich resulted in the post being removed.

Quote:
Quotes from Peter H. Gilmore:

'Weíre not ecumenical.'

'Most pagan religions are theistic on one level or another. They generally think their deities exist in some part. We donít believe Satan exists as a deity. I think there are some pagans who may look at their Gods and Goddesses as archetypes only, and in that sense that would be closer to our position because you can look at the symbol of Satan as an archetype. But, we generally donít feel we have any relation to any kind of religious organization.'

'They believe that Set exists and that their priests can commune with him and that their founder is the voice of Set. So, itís like, good that they left for housecleaning.'

(Source: http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Satanism:_An_interview_with_Church_of_Satan_High_Priest_Peter_Gilmore)

I know The Temple of the Vampire and the Church of Satan are not one and the same, but the Temple of the Vamire is listed as a Satanic Soceity right here: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/religions/satanism/cos/.
And I heard the founder of the cult is Magister Nemo.

Don't members of the Temple of the Vampire believe in ancient god's and are therefore theists, just like the followers of the Temple of Set?
Isn't the 'nightside' part of the cult all about hooky spooky supernatural booga wooga?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a bit strange that CoS should have connections with a cult wich contradicts some basic assumptions of CoS?

What are your thoughts on this subject?

#53411 - 04/24/11 02:38 PM Re: ToV and CoS [Re: Pjotr Zeeotter]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
My thoughts? I think this isn't the CoS, nor is this a CoS affiliate, so I think non of that is pertinent here.

I think any sour grapes you have with the CoS should be taken up with them, and I also think you come off as a bit pathetic and buthurt for running here thinking we would care.

#53413 - 04/24/11 03:35 PM Re: ToV and CoS [Re: Pjotr Zeeotter]
Mister Cage Offline
stranger

[quote=Pjotr Zeeotter]I posted this question on LttD before, wich resulted in the post being removed.

Quote:
Quotes from Peter H. Gilmore:

'Weíre not ecumenical.'

'Most pagan religions are theistic on one level or another. They generally think their deities exist in some part. We donít believe Satan exists as a deity. I think there are some pagans who may look at their Gods and Goddesses as archetypes only, and in that sense that would be closer to our position because you can look at the symbol of Satan as an archetype. But, we generally donít feel we have any relation to any kind of religious organization.'

'They believe that Set exists and that their priests can commune with him and that their founder is the voice of Set. So, itís like, good that they left for housecleaning.'

(Source: http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Satanism:_An_interview_with_Church_of_Satan_High_Priest_Peter_Gilmore)

I know The Temple of the Vampire and the Church of Satan are not one and the same, but the Temple of the Vamire is listed as a Satanic Soceity right here: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/religions/satanism/cos/.
And I heard the founder of the cult is Magister Nemo.

Don't members of the Temple of the Vampire believe in ancient god's and are therefore theists, just like the followers of the Temple of Set?
Isn't the 'nightside' part of the cult all about hooky spooky supernatural booga wooga?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a bit strange that CoS should have
connections with a cult wich contradicts some basic assumptions of CoS?

I do not speak for the Temple of the Vampire nor the Church of Satan, but from the decade i did spend with the Church i can say with certainty that the Church will use any organization, current or system that may enhance or
promote their own agenda. They will not discriminate nor give reasons for these vices or virtues.

My thoughts? I think that it is a wise idea. Just because an organization sisters with another does not mean that they must adopt anothers structured philosophical system or spiritual habits that anchor their sovereignty from the next.

The question is, why is it you ask? What does this mean to you?

#53604 - 04/28/11 03:08 PM Re: ToV and CoS [Re: Mister Cage]
Zakary Offline
pledge

The TotV is practically a parody of the CoS. While there was some eloquence, congruance, articulation and direction behind the CoS in the LaVey period it certainly died along with Anton. The TotV is such an incredibly poorly formulated and expressed idea...... It is serverly in want there can be no doubt. The ToS on the other hand remains as some bastion of intellect it would seem. The internet is most likely to blame for the advent of secret stupid groups and societies that claim to control the freemasons and all sorts of rubbish. Anton wore his beliefs on his sleeve, most of the newer groups that hide in cyberspace are a joke.
#53674 - 04/29/11 10:24 PM Re: ToV and CoS [Re: Zakary]
StarlessAeon Offline
stranger

Depends on how much you actually know about the organization versus what you have heard.

The ToV has some interesting and useful aspects to their philosophy but the best of it is borrowed from Satanism and other sources. A lot of their practices are in fact a watered-down version of the Temple of Set, which is no wonder since it's founder was originally a member there. Mix that with quantum physics mysticism, science fiction, Sumerian mythology, Christianity, yoga techniques, self-help psychology, and cult-like brainwashing with a vampiric twist and that pretty much sums them up.

The main problem with the ToV as an organization is that it operates much more like a RHP religion, as members are expected to be obedient to "Undead Gods" in order to obtain "immortality", while claiming to be compatible with Satanism. There are obvious contradictions between the two.

#53679 - 04/30/11 12:14 AM Re: ToV and CoS [Re: Mister Cage]
Shea Offline

Loc: Chicago
 Originally Posted By: Pjotr Zeeotter

I do not speak for the Temple of the Vampire nor the Church of Satan, but from the decade i did spend with the Church i can say with certainty that the Church will use any organization, current or system that may enhance or
promote their own agenda. They will not discriminate nor give reasons for these vices or virtues.

My thoughts? I think that it is a wise idea. Just because an organization sisters with another does not mean that they must adopt anothers structured philosophical system or spiritual habits that anchor their sovereignty from the next.

Partnering with the TotV seems to be a stratagem based upon stratification; a way to profit off those who are unwilling to give up their RHP self-subjugation, but want an excuse to wear a inverted Pentagram.

That's one of the negative sides to involving yourself with a LHP organization at all; at least in my mind, one must always question the sincerity with which the others in the organization approach the philosophy.

Caveat emptor indeed, in the market place of ideals just as in the market place of commodities.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.